The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2013, 09:46 AM   #151
Sharkboy
Hallelujah Pilgrim

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 53

I don't think Elfman's theme is better at all, just my opinion, but they both fit their respective films perfectly, i just prefer Zimmers score overall. If his MoS soundtrack can touch what he did with Batman i'll be a very very happy camper...so far it sound like that's the case.

The Wind Rises - 9/10 Godzilla - 9/10 X-Men: Days of Future Past - 9/10 Edge of Tomorrow - 8/10 22 Jump Street 8.5/10 How to Train Your Dragon 2 - 8.5/10 Transformers: Age of Extinction - 7.5/10 Calvary - 9.5/10
Old 04-30-2013, 09:51 AM   #152
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 53

When I first heard TDKR's 30 second samples, I liked what I heard. But again, had little idea as to what the tracks really felt like until I listened to them in full. That score is one I revisit on quite a regular basis.

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - The Lifeboat - Get Happy
Old 04-30-2013, 09:56 AM   #153
DaRkVeNgeanCe
Godzilla is coming!!!

I remember listening to TDKR's samples over and over until I had the full soundtrack, I'm hoping these samples excite me just as much.

SUMMER MOVIES - Captain America TWS 8/10 I The Amazing Spider-Man 2 7.5/10 I Godzilla 9/10 I X-Men: DOFP 9.5/10 I Maleficent 4/10 I Edge of Tomorrow 8.5/10 I 22 Jump Street 9/10 I Transformers 4 3/10
Old 04-30-2013, 09:57 AM   #154
Mean Mr Mustard
Mighty Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tra-El View Post
New poll on comingsoon.net:

Which summer release are you looking forward to the most?

Gimmie a HELL YEAH.......
HELL YEAH!!

Old 04-30-2013, 09:58 AM   #155
Rowsdower!
Mightiest Mortal?

LOL at White House Down.

Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Hair (2016)
Hair League for Men (2017)
Wonder Woman's Styling Tips (2018)
Hair of Steel 2 (2018)

The Dark Knight Glazes (2019)
Old 04-30-2013, 10:00 AM   #156
DaRkVeNgeanCe
Godzilla is coming!!!

So far these samples have been great the only similarities I hear to his Batman scores is his tempo and some of the drum work.

SUMMER MOVIES - Captain America TWS 8/10 I The Amazing Spider-Man 2 7.5/10 I Godzilla 9/10 I X-Men: DOFP 9.5/10 I Maleficent 4/10 I Edge of Tomorrow 8.5/10 I 22 Jump Street 9/10 I Transformers 4 3/10
Old 04-30-2013, 10:14 AM   #157
Mikelus
Islander

Quote:
Originally Posted by souperman View Post
...great background music but I can't discern any particular "theme" or recognisable melody. Hard to imitate and reproduce or whistle...

Not at all, even my son is humming some of the themes... the music is powerful and epic, it represents Superman very well.

And the people already worrying about Lois because of someone's opinion... I guess if I tell you I went to a screening and the movie sucked, you would fall into depression!! You should care more about your own opinion first, from what we've seen so far, Amy should be fine, she's a better actress than both Margot Kidder and Kate Bosworth.

Old 04-30-2013, 10:15 AM   #158
Rowsdower!
Mightiest Mortal?

Life's a bummer, when you're a hummer.

Hair of Steel 2 (2018)

Old 04-30-2013, 10:26 AM   #159
souperman
Side-Dish

...I think Amy is Swell !

Lois: Call me Lois. Come on, I'll take you to lunch and show you the ropes.
Clark: That'd be great Lois ,...but no Shawarma.

http://soupermanshh.deviantart.com/
Old 04-30-2013, 10:27 AM   #160
souperman
Side-Dish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelus View Post

Not at all, even my son is humming some of the themes... the music is powerful and epic, it represents Superman very well.

And the people already worrying about Lois because of someone's opinion... I guess if I tell you I went to a screening and the movie sucked, you would fall into depression!! You should care more about your own opinion first, from what we've seen so far, Amy should be fine, she's a better actress than both Margot Kidder and Kate Bosworth.

I like the score so far...I said nothing about humming... just whistling....

Lois: Call me Lois. Come on, I'll take you to lunch and show you the ropes.
Clark: That'd be great Lois ,...but no Shawarma.

http://soupermanshh.deviantart.com/
Old 04-30-2013, 10:27 AM   #161
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

so I just read an article where it says Cavill is a fan of Skyrim and he says he almost missed the call where Snyder offered him the role because he was in the middle of playing World of Warcraft.

oh, just imagine.........how different things could have been if Cavill had decided to continue playing WOW instead of returning that call!!

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/04/...35813f77000008

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 04-30-2013, 10:56 AM   #162
fake
Side-Kick

I am musically tone deaf, so no opinion on the samples one way or another

I just want the music to complement the scenes in the movie, this scene in TDKR was enhanced so much by the chanting - when the leap was made, there was audible cheering in the theater, a lot of that was probably attributable to the score in that scene.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 04-30-2013, 10:57 AM   #163
gohei_
Infected by Pentapox

Haha wow () that's crazy

I ask her during dinner, what's her top 3 favorite movies. If she doesn't list Star Wars as at least #2. I excuse myself to the bathroom and crawl out the window. :up:
Old 04-30-2013, 10:57 AM   #164
Sharkboy
Hallelujah Pilgrim

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Knight View Post
so I just read an article where it says Cavill is a fan of Skyrim and he says he almost missed the call where Snyder offered him the role because he was in the middle of playing World of Warcraft.

oh, just imagine.........how different things could have been if Cavill had decided to continue playing WOW instead of returning that call!!

Realistically speaking they would have just phoned him back or left him a message.

Although if i were him and i missed the role because i was playing a video game, i'd just give up on life.

The Wind Rises - 9/10 Godzilla - 9/10 X-Men: Days of Future Past - 9/10 Edge of Tomorrow - 8/10 22 Jump Street 8.5/10 How to Train Your Dragon 2 - 8.5/10 Transformers: Age of Extinction - 7.5/10 Calvary - 9.5/10
Old 04-30-2013, 10:57 AM   #165
KryptoKnight13
Side-Kick

Quote:

Haha I JUST read that and was about to post it, pretty funny. Skyrim is definitely awesome! Not a big WOW fan though

Old 04-30-2013, 11:04 AM   #166
Rowsdower!
Mightiest Mortal?

I wonder, could Cavill eventually play Bond? I do think that he's perfect for the role, but could the public accept the same actor playing Superman and James Bond?

Hair of Steel 2 (2018)

Old 04-30-2013, 11:07 AM   #167
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
I wonder, could Cavill eventually play Bond? I do think that he's perfect for the role, but could the public accept the same actor playing Superman and James Bond?
Depends on if they like him as Superman. RDJ could play Iron Man and Sherlock Holmes.

Last edited by DarthSkywalker; 04-30-2013 at 11:23 AM.
Old 04-30-2013, 11:10 AM   #168
Dark Sentinel
Banned User

Quote:

But is Cavill a Breton, Nord, Imperial, Orc, High Elf, Wood Elf, Dark Elf...Khajiit? Argonian??

Tell us what you are Henry!! Tell us now dammit!

Old 04-30-2013, 11:21 AM   #169
Rowsdower!
Mightiest Mortal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
Depends on if they like him as Superman. Depp could play Iron Man and Sherlock Holmes.
Iron Man yes, but Sherlock Holmes? Not sure if Depp could pull that one off.

Hair of Steel 2 (2018)

Old 04-30-2013, 11:22 AM   #170
redhawk23
Wrestlin'

DC is giving away Superman #1 reprints as their Free Comic Book Offering this year. I suspect it will have many ads for Man of Steel.

Old 04-30-2013, 11:23 AM   #171
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:
Damnit.

Fixed.

Old 04-30-2013, 11:25 AM   #172
KryptoKnight13
Side-Kick

Quote:
I think he meant Downey. Or maybe you're being tongue in cheek haha

Old 04-30-2013, 11:26 AM   #173
Kevin Smith
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Godfrey View Post
It already sounds about a million times better than Ottman's SR stuff (ok I know that ain't saying much) and better than Zimmer's Batman work. In fact, I prefer what I'm hearing here to JW's work. It's more powerful, more majestic and no cheese in sight. Much more evocative of what the character and it's mythology represent. And I know the full songs will be even better, since these are just samples from the beginning of the tracks.
LOL, seriously?

It's 20 second excerpts to me and they all sound like background music so far. I'm sure it'll be better in the movie.

Old 04-30-2013, 11:26 AM   #174
ThreadPool
Internet Narcissist

Quote:
Yeah, that's how I feel about his work too. People always say Elfman's Batman theme is better, and I can certainly understand that because Elfman's music is very dynamic and I've often found myself humming it over the years. But Zimmer's themes are a bit different. They don't overpower the scenes in the movie; they flow with the action on the screen so that they don't take you out of the film. Both approaches can work but I've found that I prefer the Zimmer approach.
It adds so much without being overtly cheesy (X-Men), and doesn't just fade into the background (Avengers)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fake View Post
I am musically tone deaf, so no opinion on the samples one way or another

I just want the music to complement the scenes in the movie, this scene in TDKR was enhanced so much by the chanting - when the leap was made, there was audible cheering in the theater, a lot of that was probably attributable to the score in that scene.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Perfect example.
If only those extras were in sync.
Scenes like that and the bomb chase are when it really hits you how much the music can add to a scene. Heck, someone even put that music over a scene from Avengers. I really did enjoy that movie but the score so forgettable to me.

COME SAY HELLO
SZA
Julia

Last edited by ThreadPool; 04-30-2013 at 11:34 AM.
Old 04-30-2013, 11:27 AM   #175
Rowsdower!
Mightiest Mortal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KryptoKnight13 View Post
I think he meant Downey. Or maybe you're being tongue in cheek haha
LOL, no... I just thought he meant that Depp could have played both of those roles.

Hair of Steel 2 (2018)

Closed Thread