The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Justice League > Justice League

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2013, 11:12 AM   #1
HR-PUFF&STUFF
Side-Kick
 
HR-PUFF&STUFF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,253
Default will Justice League be like X-Men?

With this one movie idea that has been out there i got thinking that the movie will end up like X-Men. Where the whole movie is about one or two characters and the rest are just in the background.

Batman- Wolverine
Superman- Cyclops
Wonder Woman- Jean
Green Lantern- Storm
Flash- Rouge
Martian Manhunter- Professor X

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCorpulent1 View Post
What made Hawkgirl so much more deserving of a spotlight than Aquaman? The answer is her vagina--
HR-PUFF&STUFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 11:18 AM   #2
shauner111
Side-Kick
 
shauner111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 10,142
Default Re: will Justice League be like X-Men?

I don't think so. Not at all. Im sure there will be 5 members who are all pretty equal in screentime and within the story.

shauner111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 11:33 AM   #3
HR-PUFF&STUFF
Side-Kick
 
HR-PUFF&STUFF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,253
Default Re: will Justice League be like X-Men?

but even in other movies that have larger casts it all comes down to just a few characters. like start trek, it was all about kirk and spock and also in X-men you had three stories; Wolverines, Rouges, and Magnetos and Professor X's. that still leaves out Cyclops, Jean, and Storm.

i just have a feeling that JL will center on Batman, as he is the money machine for WB.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCorpulent1 View Post
What made Hawkgirl so much more deserving of a spotlight than Aquaman? The answer is her vagina--
HR-PUFF&STUFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 11:40 AM   #4
N7 Joseph Shepard
Human/Kryptonian Hybrid
 
N7 Joseph Shepard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Adrianne Palicki's heavenly bosom
Posts: 3,014
Default Re: will Justice League be like X-Men?

not likely, if Man Of Steel is DC's launch platform into Justice League, like Iron Man was the platform to the Avengers for Marvel, Justice League would probably center mostly around Superman with Batman being more like Captain America's role

__________________
Cavill/Heard - Believe In The Shield -Snyder
Affleck
- Batman -
Snyder
Alexander/Arterton- Wonder Woman - Taylor
Bomer - Green Lantern -
Bay
Pine - The Flash -
Del-Toro
Pearce - Lex Luthor
N7 Joseph Shepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 11:58 AM   #5
dnno1
Side-Kick
 
dnno1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 12,587
Default Re: will Justice League be like X-Men?

Justice League is a successful brand and franchise. I think it would be foolish to make it a one shot film or focus it on one or two characters.

__________________
Dno
dnno1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 12:01 PM   #6
shauner111
Side-Kick
 
shauner111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 10,142
Default Re: will Justice League be like X-Men?

If Bale was in it there would be the possibility of a Batman and Superman centric JL with Flash, GL, WW as the side characters. But now that Bale may not return, you'll probably get Superman as the leader, Batman/Flash/GL/WW will all be treated equally. I don't think as side characters either. Cavill is still young and not a A-Lister top of the line acting attraction. All 5 of them should be equally portrayed.

shauner111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 12:42 PM   #7
Kevin Smith
Banned User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Central City
Posts: 6,176
Default Re: will Justice League be like X-Men?

I hope not. I hope it will be much better.

Kevin Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 03:03 PM   #8
dpucane
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 13
Default Re: will Justice League be like X-Men?

If they show Batman crying Im gonna do horrible things.

dpucane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 03:36 PM   #9
N7 Joseph Shepard
Human/Kryptonian Hybrid
 
N7 Joseph Shepard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Adrianne Palicki's heavenly bosom
Posts: 3,014
Default Re: will Justice League be like X-Men?

if they screw up the Justice League like they did the X-Men franchise......


__________________
Cavill/Heard - Believe In The Shield -Snyder
Affleck
- Batman -
Snyder
Alexander/Arterton- Wonder Woman - Taylor
Bomer - Green Lantern -
Bay
Pine - The Flash -
Del-Toro
Pearce - Lex Luthor
N7 Joseph Shepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 04:36 PM   #10
Kahran Ramsus
Side-Kick
 
Kahran Ramsus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: The Sunshine State
Posts: 4,557
Default Re: will Justice League be like X-Men?

Based on how WB has treated their characters in the past, I'd be honestly surprised if the film wasn't Batman and Superman with the other guys shoved to the background. I really hope I'm wrong.

Kahran Ramsus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 07:24 PM   #11
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference
 
FeedOnATreeFrog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 4,006
Default Re: will Justice League be like X-Men?

If we get a JL movie before any JL solos, then i wouldn't mind if it took the XMEN First Class / Ocean's Eleven approach, with Supes and Bats as the dual leads, recruiting the others members while their friendship develops (with explanations about each character in voice over/flashback/montage/whatever from Bats or Supes when the characters are being introduced/recruited)

Supes - Charles
Bats - Eric

MM - Beast
WW - Raven
Aquaman - Darwin
Flash - Banshee
GL - Alex

or using the Oceans Eleven model:

Supes - Brad Pitt's character
Bats - Danny Ocean

Flash - Casey Affleck's character
GL - Casey Affleck's brother, the guys who always bicker
WW - The asian acrobat
MM - Don Cheadle's character
Aquaman - Matt Damon's character

make sense?

FeedOnATreeFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 08:05 PM   #12
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick
 
Thundercrack85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 13,264
Default Re: will Justice League be like X-Men?

I'd say Justice League is kind of doomed to be Batman-centric and Superman-centric, since they're by far the most popular characters.

Thundercrack85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 08:05 PM   #13
dpucane
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 13
Default Re: will Justice League be like X-Men?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedOnATreeFrog View Post
If we get a JL movie before any JL solos, then i wouldn't mind if it took the XMEN First Class / Ocean's Eleven approach, with Supes and Bats as the dual leads, recruiting the others members while their friendship develops (with explanations about each character in voice over/flashback/montage/whatever from Bats or Supes when the characters are being introduced/recruited)

Supes - Charles
Bats - Eric

MM - Beast
WW - Raven
Aquaman - Darwin
Flash - Banshee
GL - Alex

or using the Oceans Eleven model:

Supes - Brad Pitt's character
Bats - Danny Ocean

Flash - Casey Affleck's character
GL - Casey Affleck's brother, the guys who always bicker
WW - The asian acrobat
MM - Don Cheadle's character
Aquaman - Matt Damon's character

make sense?
If it feels like it follows any kind of "formula" I'll be dissatisfied. There's enough content/history/engaging relationships/badassery for this to feel like something we've never seen before

dpucane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 08:11 PM   #14
IamtheBatman
Side-Kick
 
IamtheBatman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Beneath Wayne Manor
Posts: 3,026
Default Re: will Justice League be like X-Men?

JL is like an US Olympic basketball squad while X-Men is an NBA team.

IamtheBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 08:51 PM   #15
shauner111
Side-Kick
 
shauner111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 10,142
Default Re: will Justice League be like X-Men?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpucane View Post
If it feels like it follows any kind of "formula" I'll be dissatisfied. There's enough content/history/engaging relationships/badassery for this to feel like something we've never seen before
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamtheBatman View Post
JL is like an US Olympic basketball squad while X-Men is an NBA team.

shauner111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 02:40 AM   #16
Bruce_Begins
I am still Green Goblin
 
Bruce_Begins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 5,978
Default Re: will Justice League be like X-Men?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HR-PUFF&STUFF View Post
With this one movie idea that has been out there i got thinking that the movie will end up like X-Men. Where the whole movie is about one or two characters and the rest are just in the background.

Batman- Wolverine
Superman- Cyclops
Wonder Woman- Jean
Green Lantern- Storm
Flash- Rouge
Martian Manhunter- Professor X
Using this logic -


Batman- Wolverine -Iron Man
Superman- Cyclops - Captain America
Wonder Woman- Jean- Thor
Green Lantern- Storm -Hulk
Flash- Rouge - Hwakeye
Martian Manhunter- Professor X -Nick Fury.

__________________

*\S/T*
Bruce_Begins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 09:59 AM   #17
metaphysician
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,653
Default Re: will Justice League be like X-Men?

Avengers had the advantage of the major characters already being introduced. Which is the main reason to worry about such for JLA, since only two characters at best will have been introduced, likely only one. Without that, yeah, your going to get X-Men, only probably with two Wolverine's rather than one.

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 01:20 PM   #18
HR-PUFF&STUFF
Side-Kick
 
HR-PUFF&STUFF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,253
Default Re: will Justice League be like X-Men?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce_Begins View Post
Using this logic -


Batman- Wolverine -Iron Man
Superman- Cyclops - Captain America
Wonder Woman- Jean- Thor
Green Lantern- Storm -Hulk
Flash- Rouge - Hwakeye
Martian Manhunter- Professor X -Nick Fury.
i did point out that i was going off the one movie idea. and that if they did that some characters would end up in the background. also Hulk was in no way the same as Storm, people liked the Hulk.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCorpulent1 View Post
What made Hawkgirl so much more deserving of a spotlight than Aquaman? The answer is her vagina--
HR-PUFF&STUFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 01:39 PM   #19
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings
 
JB-the-Hunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 3,730
Default Re: will Justice League be like X-Men?

LOTR / Star Wars / Avengers comparison:

Frodo / Luke / Captain America - Superman
Aragorn / Han / Iron Man - Batman
Arwen / Leia / Thor - Wonder Woman
Legolas / C3PO / Black Widow - Flash
Gimli / R2D2 / Hawkeye - Green Lantern
Gandalf / Obi Wan / Nick Fury - Martian Manhunter

__________________
Natasha Romanoff - "Are you boys really that naive? S.H.I.E.L.D. monitors potential threats."

Bruce Banner - "Captain America is on threat watch?"

Natasha Romanoff - "We all are."
JB-the-Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 02:17 PM   #20
IamtheBatman
Side-Kick
 
IamtheBatman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Beneath Wayne Manor
Posts: 3,026
Default Re: will Justice League be like X-Men?

The thing drives me crazy is that Superman and Batman have been around longer then Captain America, Iron Man, Hawkeye, etc if anything Marvel got their ideas from Batman and Superman.

IamtheBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 05:20 PM   #21
N7 Joseph Shepard
Human/Kryptonian Hybrid
 
N7 Joseph Shepard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Adrianne Palicki's heavenly bosom
Posts: 3,014
Default Re: will Justice League be like X-Men?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamtheBatman View Post
The thing drives me crazy is that Superman and Batman have been around longer then Captain America, Iron Man, Hawkeye, etc if anything Marvel got their ideas from Batman and Superman.
this is nothing new sadly, its common knowledge that Stan Lee actually use to work for DC comics and when he left, he "borrowed" ideas and made his own characters, hell he even went as far as remaking Superman, Wonder Woman & Batman, same names and everything, just different looks and origins....thank god it was flop cause they were horrible (in my opinion lol)

__________________
Cavill/Heard - Believe In The Shield -Snyder
Affleck
- Batman -
Snyder
Alexander/Arterton- Wonder Woman - Taylor
Bomer - Green Lantern -
Bay
Pine - The Flash -
Del-Toro
Pearce - Lex Luthor
N7 Joseph Shepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 05:26 PM   #22
IamtheBatman
Side-Kick
 
IamtheBatman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Beneath Wayne Manor
Posts: 3,026
Default Re: will Justice League be like X-Men?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephCAW View Post
this is nothing new sadly, its common knowledge that Stan Lee actually use to work for DC comics and when he left, he "borrowed" ideas and made his own characters, hell he even went as far as remaking Superman, Wonder Woman & Batman, same names and everything, just different looks and origins....thank god it was flop cause they were horrible (in my opinion lol)
It irked me that Stan Lee wanted to make a cameo in TDKR over Bob Kane's dead body.

IamtheBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 05:55 PM   #23
N7 Joseph Shepard
Human/Kryptonian Hybrid
 
N7 Joseph Shepard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Adrianne Palicki's heavenly bosom
Posts: 3,014
Default Re: will Justice League be like X-Men?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamtheBatman View Post
It irked me that Stan Lee wanted to make a cameo in TDKR over Bob Kane's dead body.
I remember reading about that, I kept thinking "....why?? you had nothing to do with Batman...." I have nothing against Marvel really, but Stan Lee's attitude at times just pisses me off, moments like that.

__________________
Cavill/Heard - Believe In The Shield -Snyder
Affleck
- Batman -
Snyder
Alexander/Arterton- Wonder Woman - Taylor
Bomer - Green Lantern -
Bay
Pine - The Flash -
Del-Toro
Pearce - Lex Luthor
N7 Joseph Shepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 06:12 PM   #24
IamtheBatman
Side-Kick
 
IamtheBatman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Beneath Wayne Manor
Posts: 3,026
Default Re: will Justice League be like X-Men?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephCAW View Post
I remember reading about that, I kept thinking "....why?? you had nothing to do with Batman...." I have nothing against Marvel really, but Stan Lee's attitude at times just pisses me off, moments like that.
Couldn't agree with you more.

IamtheBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 06:29 PM   #25
shauner111
Side-Kick
 
shauner111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 10,142
Default Re: will Justice League be like X-Men?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamtheBatman View Post
The thing drives me crazy is that Superman and Batman have been around longer then Captain America, Iron Man, Hawkeye, etc if anything Marvel got their ideas from Batman and Superman.
Yeah it only drives me nuts when fans start talking like DC is copying Marvel for something, then I get defensive. Because Hawkeye is a Green Arrow rip off. Captain America is their Superman in some ways. Tony Stark takes a lot from Bruce Wayne. Thanos with Darkseid. Norman Osborne/Green Goblin is Lex Luthor/Joker and Green Lantern/Arrow in name, blah blah blah. I can go on forever.

I criticize Stan Lee for stealing ideas from DC just as much as Batman fans criticize Bob Kane for acting like he invented everything Bill Finger created.

Stan Lee's cameos in every single Marvel movie annoy me too. It was cute the first couple of times but now it's this ego thing that's unnecessary and distracting. If he did a cameo in TDKR I would have threw a slush at the screen lol.

shauner111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:37 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.