The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Justice League > Justice League

Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2013, 07:11 PM   #401
Rodrigo90
Symbol of Fear

Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation - - Part 11

If John is well received and is in a different way than Reynolds' Hal, then the entire GL concept should just be rebooted.

I believe in Batfleck

Things I have been right about before they were confirmed -
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
1. Superman having no trunks
2. Bruce Wayne retiring and Batman being made a martyr
3. Bryan Cranston NOT being Lex Luthor
4. Joker being the big bad in Batman: Arkham Origins
5. Green Goblin not wearing a mask and being mutated
Old 05-09-2013, 07:17 PM   #402
IamtheBatman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
He would if the script was fantastic and it was TDKT or Avengers quality according to him. But you have ElMayimbe saying WB apparently would rather pick Hawkman over Ryan's version of GL and they don't even want Hawkman.

So you never know. It could be all b.s and he's really coming back. I just find it strange that Arrow would reference Reynold's version of the character.
I hope its Elba.

Old 05-09-2013, 07:23 PM   #403
shauner111
Side-Kick

Damn straight!

Old 05-09-2013, 07:29 PM   #404
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
Yeah, they need to learn from GL in every way. Not only that, Thanos is looking like he's not coming out in Avengers 2, but hyped for the third movie. My guess is around May 2018. So DC has a shot right now that they didn't seem to have a couple of months ago. They can get the JL movie out by 2017 the very latest, with Darkseid. It would also shut Marvel up too. Good business plan.

Imagine how pissed Marvel would get if they really are holding off on Thanos til the last Avengers. That means they'd be teasing the fans since the post-credit of the first movie, more teasing in Guardians of the Galaxy, and even more teasing in the Avengers sequel. Finally, it's 2018 and fans just stopped caring because JL just dropped a year or two prior, with Darkseid. DC's original Thanos pretty much.

By then im sure RDJ wont be a part of the universe anymore, there's even talk right this week that he may be playing crazy hardball when it comes to Avengers 2.

With no RDJ + a stale villain by that point...Marvel may be losing the battle. That's why I say to people don't underestimate WB/DC. Just because they're slower right now and don't seem to be "catching up", doesn't mean they cant win that race in a few years. Where's Marvel going to be in 5 years? All this rushing out their movies every year?? By 2018, that studio will have no more ideas because they did everything between 2008 and 2017/18. Spider-Man will be the only thing left for the general audience to really buy into, and that's Sony.
I was originally against Darkseid as the villain for the first movie but the recent announcements about Thanos in A3 made me reconsider that. I'm not sure that I'm 100% behind Darkseid being used in the first film but I'm no longer against the idea either. This is mainly because, as you said, it will severely hurt Marvel.

At this point, I really believe that Marvel deserves a good defeat to someone like DC/WB. Let's face it. Since Quesada became the EIC over at Marvel, Marvel as a whole became a company full of arrogant douchebags and since Marvel Studios got really successful, they got even worse. Before, Marvel had limits to the stuff they could do because fans would threaten them by saying they'll stop reading their comics if they continue to butcher Spider-Man with One More Day/portray Iron Man as Hitler/whatever. Now Marvel makes most of their profit through Marvel Studios so they can now literally do whatever the heck they want. It has gotten to the point where people like Dan Slott and Quesada openly ridicule fans. Steven Wacker, who will possibly be the next editor in chief, even admitted that his plan is to keep certain characters altered/butchered for a long time until the current fans completely give up on them being fixed and new fans come in and accept these characters for how they are. Over at Marvel Studios, it is the same case. Though the people there are not as bad as the one running Marvel's comics, there still exists a level of arrogance and ignorance. Marvel Studios has shown time and time again that creative input is forbidden. You have to do exactly what they tell you to do or they will get rid of you before you can count to 3, as shown already multiple times by certain actors and directors. Sure that this means the chances of someone coming in and screwing up a property are really low but this also makes the chances of someone coming in and doing a TDK/hopefully MOS level of quality film also really low. Iron Man 3 was an exception though. They did like Black's idea on how to portray the Mandarin but both Black and Feige have referred to those that didn't like their take as purists of the comics when most people that were dissapointed with what they did were dissapointed because they didn't get the Mandarin promised by the trailers, not because they didn't get the one from the comics. Despite them making good movies, Marvel has also gotten really arrogant and "douchey" as of late, and they're becoming more and more like that every year.

On the other hand, DC/WB are not like that for the most part. They're not exactly saints but if you take a look at the reasoning for all the times they screwed up in both the movies and comics, you realize that for most of the time they screwed up it was because they were clueless of what to do or were scared of the final result. They do stupid things more because they have no clue what to do in order to be successful or are scared of the final result not being successful. Take the New 52 as an example of their cluelessness. They wanted to get more of their characters popular. They didn't know how to do this because they had no clue how, so they made their universe more like Marvel's and it failed. Take Man of Steel as an example of their fear. They were worried about making another Superman film after SR and didn't make one until they almost lost the rights to Superman completely due to the lawsuit and Nolan & Goyer brought them an idea last minute. Take Green Lantern as an example of their cluelessness AND fear. They didn't know where to start on making a GL film and were scared of taking risks by making it like Star Wars/Trek and their fear made them play safe and make the movie more like Iron Man, which lead to failure. Overall, they failed a lot more due to them being clueless and afraid than they did because they were cocky, arrogant, or douchebags. In fact, if you think about it, whenever they do succeed, the CBM's they make always end up being regarded as great and some of the best CBM's out there, even better than Marvel's stuff - Superman 1 & 2, The TDK Trilogy, Watchmen, V for Vendetta, hopefully Man of Steel, etc. Sure that they've done some of the things Marvel is now doing almost all the time but no studio is really 100% perfect.

To make an analogy, if Marvel and DC/WB were high school students, Marvel would be the kid that always gets A's but is very conceited while DC/WB would be the kid that gets bad grades because he doesn't know how to study and is always too focused on the question "What if I don't do well?" that he actually doesn't do well. But once that kid overcomes those problems, he can get grades just as good as the arrogant kid and go just as far, maybe even farther assuming he also doesn't become a conceited douchebag.

I really feel that WB/DC deserves a victory at this point and that Marvel deserves some form of big defeat that would get them off their high horse. I think them beating Marvel at their own game by doing a shared universe and using Darkseid - a good Darkseid - before they use Thanos would be perfect, especially since Marvel would've been building up Thanos for years by that point. However, I still hope that at least Batman gets another solo movie before JL. I think the perfect plan right now would be to release MOS 2 and the Batman reboot in 2016. If possible, also release another superhero property before JL (my vote would go to Flash) and then do JL in 2017. Thanos is in many ways a copy of Darkseid and the GA may not be too fond of a Darkseid copy just a year after JL. Marvel will be in trouble and might even have to reschedule the film to another year to allow a breath of fresh air between Darkseid and Thanos, assuming they don't start production by then. Heck, even that wouldn't be of much help if WB/DC puts out a JL sequel where Darkseid comes back bigger and badder than ever before.

Last edited by Shikamaru; 05-09-2013 at 07:56 PM.
Old 05-09-2013, 07:37 PM   #405
IamtheBatman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post
I was originally against Darkseid as the villain for the first movie but the recent announcements about Thanos in A3 made me reconsider that. I'm not sure that I'm 100% behind Darkseid being used in the first film but I'm no longer against the idea either. This is mainly because, as you said, it will severely hurt Marvel.

At this point, I really believe that Marvel deserves a good defeat to someone like DC/WB. Let's face it. Since Quesada became the EIC over at Marvel, Marvel as a whole became a company full of arrogant douchebags and since Marvel Studios got really successful, they got even worse. Before, Marvel had limits to the stuff they could do because fans would threaten them by saying they'll stop reading their comics if they continue to butcher Spider-Man with One More Day/portray Iron Man as Hitler/whatever. Now Marvel makes most of their profit through Marvel Studios so they can now literally do whatever the heck they want. It has gotten to the point where people like Dan Slott and Quesada openly ridicule fans. Steven Wacker, who will possibly be the next editor in chief, even admitted that his plan is to keep certain characters altered/butchered for a long time until the current fans completely give up on them being fixed and new fans come in and accept these characters for how they are. Over at Marvel Studios, it is the same case. Though the people there are not as bad as the one running Marvel's comics, there still exists a level of arrogance and ignorance. Marvel Studios has shown time and time again that creative input is forbidden. You have to do exactly what they tell you to do or they will get rid of you before you can count to 3, as shown already multiple times by certain actors and directors. Sure that this means the chances of someone coming in and screwing up a property are really low but this also makes the chances of someone coming in and doing a TDK/hopefully MOS level of quality film also really low. Iron Man 3 was an exception though. They did like Black's idea on how to portray the Mandarin but both Black and Feige have referred to those that didn't like their take as purists of the comics when most people that were dissapointed with what they did were dissapointed because they didn't get the Mandarin promised by the trailers, not because they didn't get the one from the comics. Despite them making good movies, Marvel has also gotten really arrogant and "douchey" as of late, and they're becoming more and more like that every year.

On the other hand, DC/WB are not like that for the most part. They're not exactly saints but if you take a look at the reasoning for all the times they screwed up in both the movies and comics, you realize that for most of the time they screwed up it was because they were clueless of what to do or were scared of the final result. They do stupid things more because they have no clue what to do in order to be successful or are scared of the final result not being successful. Take the New 52 as an example of their cluelessness. They wanted to get more of their characters popular. They didn't know how to do this because they had no clue how, so they made their universe more like Marvel's and it failed. Take Man of Steel as an example of their fear. They were worried about making another Superman film after SR and didn't make one until they almost lost the rights to Superman completely due to the lawsuit and Nolan & Goyer brought them an idea last minute. Take Green Lantern as an example of their cluelessness AND fear. They didn't know where to start on making a GL film and were scared of taking risks by making it like Star Wars/Trek and their fear made them play safe and make the movie more like Iron Man, which lead to failure. Overall, they failed a lot more due to them being clueless and afraid than they did because they were cocky, arrogant, or douchebags. In fact, if you think about it, whenever they do succeed, the CBM's they make always end up being regarded as great and some of the best CBM's out there, even better than Marvel's stuff - Superman 1 & 2, The TDK Trilogy, Watchmen, V for Vendetta, hopefully Man of Steel, etc. Sure that they've done some of the things Marvel is now doing almost all the time but no studio is really 100% perfect.

To make an analogy, if Marvel and DC/WB were high school students, Marvel would be the kid that always gets A's but is very conceited while DC/WB would be the kid that gets bad grades but doesn't know how to study and is always too focused on the question "What if I don't do well?" that he actually doesn't do well. But once that kid overcomes those problems, he can get grades just as good as the arrogant kid and go just as far, maybe even farther assuming he also doesn't become a conceited douchebag.

I really feel that WB/DC deserves a victory at this point and that Marvel deserves some form of big defeat that would get them off their high horse. I think them beating Marvel at their own game by doing a shared universe and using Darkseid - a good Darkseid - before they use Thanos would be perfect, especially since Marvel would've been building up Thanos for years by that point. However, I still hope that at least Batman gets another solo movie before JL. I think the perfect plan right now would be to release MOS 2 and the Batman reboot in 2016. If possible, also release another superhero property before JL (my vote would go to Flash) and then do JL in 2017. Thanos is in many ways a copy of Darkseid and the GA may not be too fond of a Darkseid copy just a year after JL. Marvel will be in trouble and might even have to reschedule the film to another year to create a gap between Darkseid and Thanos, assuming they don't start production by then. Heck, even that wouldn't be of much help if WB/DC puts out a JL sequel where Darkseid comes back bigger and badder than ever before.

Damn Straight

Old 05-09-2013, 07:43 PM   #406
shauner111
Side-Kick

Good post Shikamaru, totally agree!

Old 05-10-2013, 06:36 AM   #407
Zionite1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach2012 View Post
But the thing is, arguably the greatest threats and most interesting villains that haven't been shown before are Brainiac and Darkseid. The way I see it, those two are your only two viable options to keep fans happy. You could use someone else like Despero, Starro, or Amazo or something but that would be disappointing to a lot of people. A lot of fans have been waiting for a long time to see Brainiac or Darkseid, you can't say the same about Despero.
Then give them Braniac in a Superman movie and Darkseid in a JL movie.That will make them quite happy.What you dont do is screw over the Superman franchise by depriving him of his Alien greatest arch-villain-Braniac all .The Jl franchise should not screw over solo franchises-it has no right to.

DC has a chance to be better than Marvel when it comes to Solos.
Instead of making every solo movie a promo or a sequel to thde big Teamup make them stand on their own stregth.The solos should be the main focus,the Teamup movie just a nice bonus.

Imagine how awesome it wld be if we cld have a TDK-quality trilogies for each and every league member?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach2012 View Post
JL needs a villain that fans and the GA can get excited about. Their only two options are Darkseid and Brainiac. And if JL is going to have a sequel, Darkseid is the perfect villain. So Brainiac for the first only makes sense..
I see no reason why The GA cant get excited for any other League vilain than those 2..All it takes his to good writing and good publicity.

Old 05-10-2013, 07:28 AM   #408
Lone
Level 70 Social Leper

IMO, these villains have the highest chances of appearing in a MOS sequel:
  • Lex Luthor
  • Metallo
  • Brainiac
  • Doomsday

Anyone not listed here should be fair game to be used in a JL movie for me personally.

I like how people complain about the five thousand or so lives lost in MOS while totally ignoring the seven billion one hundred twenty-four million nine hundred ninety-five thousand other people Superman saved by taking out the World Engine.
Old 05-10-2013, 07:56 AM   #409
Rodrigo90
Symbol of Fear

I always imagined the ending being like All Star Superman.

Say Lex makes a clone in the form of Bizarro in MOS2.

At the end of MOS3, Superman sacrifices himself to the Sun to save the world.
Then the film ends with somebody using the cloning process to create another Superman.

Or is that too similar to TDKR?

I believe in Batfleck

Old 05-10-2013, 08:02 AM   #410
DChero
Out of Work Superhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post

To make an analogy, if Marvel and DC/WB were high school students, Marvel would be the kid that always gets A's but is very conceited while DC/WB would be the kid that gets bad grades because he doesn't know how to study and is always too focused on the question "What if I don't do well?" that he actually doesn't do well. But once that kid overcomes those problems, he can get grades just as good as the arrogant kid and go just as far, maybe even farther assuming he also doesn't become a conceited douchebag.

I really feel that WB/DC deserves a victory at this point and that Marvel deserves some form of big defeat that would get them off their high horse. I think them beating Marvel at their own game by doing a shared universe and using Darkseid - a good Darkseid - before they use Thanos would be perfect, especially since Marvel would've been building up Thanos for years by that point. However, I still hope that at least Batman gets another solo movie before JL. I think the perfect plan right now would be to release MOS 2 and the Batman reboot in 2016. If possible, also release another superhero property before JL (my vote would go to Flash) and then do JL in 2017. Thanos is in many ways a copy of Darkseid and the GA may not be too fond of a Darkseid copy just a year after JL. Marvel will be in trouble and might even have to reschedule the film to another year to allow a breath of fresh air between Darkseid and Thanos, assuming they don't start production by then. Heck, even that wouldn't be of much help if WB/DC puts out a JL sequel where Darkseid comes back bigger and badder than ever before.

Word. Nice post!

I bolded the part most interesting to me. I think that teasing Batman and introducing him in a World's Finest is the way to really build that up in the same way that they typically build up villains in high demand. Imagine at the end of MoS they do a teaser that shows any Batman, then World's Finest can follow the story of Superman trying to learn more about this mysterious Batman. In my opinion, I feel like it's a unique way to reintroduce the character and allows them to eventually build off of that.

Old 05-10-2013, 08:05 AM   #411
Great Mind(s)
Broken

I'd rather have a straight up The Death and Return of Superman on film. Two-parter filmed back to back.

Old 05-10-2013, 08:06 AM   #412
Rodrigo90
Symbol of Fear

They have to use that storyline. Clone and impostor galore

I believe in Batfleck

Old 05-10-2013, 08:29 AM   #413
NosfeRomas
Side-Kick

Don't forget the mullet !

Old 05-10-2013, 08:31 AM   #414
Rodrigo90
Symbol of Fear

I believe in Batfleck

Old 05-10-2013, 09:13 AM   #415
Zionite1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrigo90 View Post
They have to use that storyline. Clone and impostor galore
Theres quite a solid Clone-Mythology in Superman lore.I hope the sequels take adavantage of it-Its a chance to introduce Bizarros,Cyborg Superman,Konel,DNAliens, and a host of Cadmus clones and other genetic monsters into the Snyderverse.

Old 05-10-2013, 10:05 AM   #416
DChero
Out of Work Superhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zionite1 View Post
Theres quite a solid Clone-Mythology in Superman lore.I hope the sequels take adavantage of it-Its a chance to introduce Bizarros,Cyborg Superman,Konel,DNAliens, and a host of Cadmus clones and other genetic monsters into the Snyderverse.
I've actually always been against using cloning or doppelgangers, mainly because it doesn't give much diversity. To me, there are a lot of better choices that add to the story. If you think about it, it also just means that we have yet another Superman vs kryptonian fight. We've seen him vs Zod & company (SM2), vs himself (SM3), vs a semi-clone (SM4), Zod again (MoS). I feel like we need to get away from that and focus on diversifying his rogues gallery onscreen.

Old 05-10-2013, 10:14 AM   #417
ЯɘvlveR
doilooklikeiknowwhatajpeg

agreed. it'd make superman "not special" having all of these dopplegangers around. which sucks for shazam, though i think he'd be better off in a incredibles/pixar type of film.

also, I'm down for darkseid as the first villain. dc needs a w.

Last edited by ЯɘvlveR; 05-10-2013 at 10:18 AM.
Old 05-10-2013, 10:19 AM   #418
Zionite1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DChero View Post
I've actually always been against using cloning or doppelgangers, mainly because it doesn't give much diversity. To me, there are a lot of better choices that add to the story. If you think about it, it also just means that we have yet another Superman vs kryptonian fight. We've seen him vs Zod & company (SM2), vs himself (SM3), vs a semi-clone (SM4), Zod again (MoS). I feel like we need to get away from that and focus on diversifying his rogues gallery onscreen.

I see your piont.Heres my solution to the problem.

.It is already a canon fact the attempts to clone a Kryptonian will most likely result in a Genetic Monster known as Bizarro.

My suggestion is that they tweak this so that cloning a Kryptonian can result in variety of Genetic Monsters with various abilities-not just a Bizarro(though its more common).

The Genetic Monsters created cld include most of Supermans Earth-monster foes(Parasite,livewire etc)

A cool side storyline wld also be Lex using human clones to replace certain people in power so as to control the planet.He wld have the Genetic-Monster army also to back him up

Old 05-10-2013, 12:22 PM   #419
DChero
Out of Work Superhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zionite1 View Post
I see your piont.Heres my solution to the problem.

.It is already a canon fact the attempts to clone a Kryptonian will most likely result in a Genetic Monster known as Bizarro.

My suggestion is that they tweak this so that cloning a Kryptonian can result in variety of Genetic Monsters with various abilities-not just a Bizarro(though its more common).

The Genetic Monsters created cld include most of Supermans Earth-monster foes(Parasite,livewire etc)

A cool side storyline wld also be Lex using human clones to replace certain people in power so as to control the planet.He wld have the Genetic-Monster army also to back him up
Ah, ok. It's still not quite my cup o' tea, but I can see that working.

Ideally, I'd like to see Superman face Brainiac, Doomsday, Darkseid and Lex before being rebooted again. I don't care if it's in MoS movies or JL/WF movies, I just want to see those all incorporated into one version of the character.

Old 05-10-2013, 12:26 PM   #420
Dragon_316ca
Side-Kick

Elmayimbe:
Quote:
JUSTICE LEAGUE MOVIE! JUSTICE LEAGUE MOVIE! JUSTICE LEAGUE MOVIE! JUSTICE LEAGUE MOVIE! RT

Matthew Modine: You can't really relate to Thor, for instance! I like the story, but I don't relate to him -- I can't use his hammer!
Old 05-10-2013, 12:34 PM   #421
shauner111
Side-Kick

That better mean he's got a scoop lol.

Old 05-10-2013, 12:50 PM   #422
Great Mind(s)
Broken

What's the RT mean?

Old 05-10-2013, 12:52 PM   #423
shauner111
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supa "T" View Post
I think WB has gotten word about Quicksilver being in Avengers 2 in 215, and they are going to bring out Flash, sometime in late 2014.

WB has a big announcement and the San diego comic con about the DC movies. I heard they are going full speed ahead with Justice League and the solo movies afterward. But i feel it's best too atleats have one Dc film come out in 2014.

I feel the best bet is to be the Flash. Let Flash come out first so he will not look like a rip off of the Avengers. Because everybody knows it's the other way around.

i feel they are thinking about it. And they should bring out Womder Woman late 2014 as well. So you have Flash introduced, Wonder and Man of Steel 2 in 2015. and then all of your characters have all ready been introduced to the public to get them ready for justice league in 2016.
I don't think 2014 is possible. At this rate, an April 2015 release date is looking like the earliest we could get a solo film. And they shouldn't rush out a Flash script/film just to get it out before Quicksilver, that's how horrible movies end up being made.

Old 05-10-2013, 12:53 PM   #424
shauner111
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Mind(s) View Post
What's the RT mean?
For others to retweet.

Old 05-10-2013, 12:55 PM   #425
IamtheBatman
Side-Kick