Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Justice League > Justice League

Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2013, 05:01 PM   #751
Iceman
XMN AVNGRS JL

Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
I think it will be vague because they didn't know what kind of Batman would be in that universe. Just vague references to say that other DC characters exist outside of Metropolis. Nothing too distracting or cameos.
Yeah just mentions like easter eggs, nothing that distracts from MoS. Nothing wrong with that.

Btw that cast you have in your sig is awesome!! About as good as it can get!

Old 05-13-2013, 05:02 PM   #752
Dusty_Lane
Side-Kick

Yeah the building changed, and besides it's just a building. Anyways, this is the one from TDK and TDKR.

Old 05-13-2013, 05:02 PM   #753
IamtheBatman
Side-Kick

Old 05-13-2013, 05:06 PM   #754
Great Mind(s)
Broken

I was being sarcastic. Of course it can be the same universe.

Old 05-13-2013, 05:11 PM   #755
Dusty_Lane
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Mind(s) View Post
I was being sarcastic. Of course it can be the same universe.
Oh okay. I learned sarcasm is something that's alittle hard to convey in the context of a forum when people thought I actually put stock into what Jett says. lol!

Old 05-13-2013, 05:17 PM   #756
Great Mind(s)
Broken

I think it would be stupid to reference Batman already existing if it's not one we've already seen. Especially if this is "Superman coming to a realistic world".
Lex could purchase Wayne Enterprises and be formally introduced at the same time. A double wammy because we'll be concerned with Zod and the alien action most of the movie.

When/if Lex is revealed and does something economically/politically that was in the background. But if it's something like buying Wayne Enterprises it can connect with something in that arena we're familiar with (three Batman movies dealing with it). And it will hint toward where things can go next.

Old 05-13-2013, 05:23 PM   #757
7heBoss
Side-Kick

I'm pretty sure that building was also cast in a Marvel movie, so you all know the rules.

Old 05-13-2013, 05:28 PM   #758
IamtheBatman
Side-Kick

But, they never showed the outside of Wayne Enterprises in TDKR did they? And that building is in Chicago the Avengers never filmed in Chicago.

Old 05-13-2013, 05:35 PM   #759
shauner111
Side-Kick

Yeah they did. They used 3 different buildings for the 3 films. In TDKR it was right before we see Lucius for the first time.

Old 05-13-2013, 05:39 PM   #760
IamtheBatman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yeah they did. They used 3 different buildings for the 3 films. In TDKR it was right before we see Lucius for the first time.
That's right they used Trump Tower for Wayne Enterprises.

Old 05-13-2013, 05:40 PM   #761
shauner111
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Yeah just mentions like easter eggs, nothing that distracts from MoS. Nothing wrong with that.

Btw that cast you have in your sig is awesome!! About as good as it can get!
Thanks! I have backups, and Hal is a hard one for me. I go back and forth between Bradley Coops, Reynolds (reworked) or Chris Pine...so I just throw Stewart/Elba on there.

I cant think of Pine working with Gosling though. I think I would rather see Cooper and Gosling together, or Reynolds and Gosling. The double Ryan punch to the head! They can do a Flash-GL movie and call it "The Ryan Buddies".

Old 05-13-2013, 05:42 PM   #762
IamtheBatman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Thanks! I have backups, and Hal is a hard one for me. I go back and forth between Bradley Coops, Reynolds (reworked) or Chris Pine...so I just throw Stewart/Elba on there.

I cant think of Pine working with Gosling though. I think I would rather see Cooper and Gosling together, or Reynolds and Gosling. The double Ryan punch to the head! They can do a Flash-GL movie and call it "The Ryan Buddies".
Justice League needs diversity not all white guys.

Old 05-13-2013, 05:45 PM   #763
shauner111
Side-Kick

I agree. But Martian Manhunter could be that guy.

If not, im anxious to see Stewart.

Old 05-13-2013, 05:45 PM   #764
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

If it is just a namedrop of WE, then all of you guys are right. But my point is that if there is something else there that alludes to either a rebooted Batman or the same Batman, that may ruin the film experience of MOS for some people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Mind(s) View Post
I think it would be stupid to reference Batman already existing if it's not one we've already seen. Especially if this is "Superman coming to a realistic world".
Why? Batman could be nothing but a myth at this point just like Bigfoot and the Loch Ness Monster. It would fit with the apparent realism too.

Old 05-13-2013, 05:46 PM   #765
IamtheBatman
Side-Kick

Quote:
I agree. But Martian Manhunter could be that guy.

If not, im anxious to see Stewart.
I am on your bandwagon for Elba as GL.

Old 05-13-2013, 06:08 PM   #766
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

May I ask what's so interesting about John Stewart? Throughout most of his comic book history, he has no character whatsoever and the only thing he has going for him is that he is the black Green Lantern. Take that away and he is just a generic plain GL Corps member as opposed to someone like Luke Cage, who is a great character that just happens to be black.

I think many people get their idea that John Stewart is far more interesting than Hal from the JL/JLU cartoon. Not only is that version of Stewart not much like the Stewart in the comics but he also has a lot of Hal Jordan elements incorporated into him. And even after all that, he still wasn't exactly that great of a character either. He was probably the least interesting out of the core JL team on the show.

Old 05-13-2013, 06:13 PM   #767
Great Mind(s)
Broken

I agree it kind of takes away with mention of Batman either Nolan or reboot. Wayne Enterprises is subtle enough I think being the only reference that could work.
If it is in continuity with TDK films it's unfair because Batman had three movies without mention of Superman but Superman can't go one film without mention of Batman.

Old 05-13-2013, 06:19 PM   #768
IamtheBatman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post
May I ask what's so interesting about John Stewart? Throughout most of his comic book history, he has no character whatsoever and the only thing he has going for him is that he is the black Green Lantern. Take that away and he is just a generic plain GL Corps member as opposed to someone like Luke Cage, who is a great character that just happens to be black.

I think many people get their idea that John Stewart is far more interesting than Hal from the JL/JLU cartoon. Not only is that version of Stewart not much like the Stewart in the comics but he also has a lot of Hal Jordan elements incorporated into him. And even after all that, he still wasn't exactly that great of a character either. He was probably the least interesting out of the core JL team on the show.
Because, Jon Stewart was a marine and a bad@$$.

Old 05-13-2013, 06:50 PM   #769
Dusty_Lane
Side-Kick

So apparently El Mayimbe is about to undergo a surgery to have a tumor removed. Therefore I guess it'll be awhile until we find out what in the hell that "HOLY HUGE SUPERHERO MOVIE NEWS BATMAN" tweet was all about. Nevertheless, hopefully his operation comes out alright. It's gotta be frightening ordeal to have to go through.

Old 05-13-2013, 06:56 PM   #770
shauner111
Side-Kick

Quote:

I don't think he's more interesting than Hal. Hal has more colors to his personality. But Stewart isn't as boring as people claim. At least I don't think so. He's a solid badass, a little more serious and he adds some diversity. He's also very suitable now because GA's have had that exposure to a failed Hal Jordan. It's an easy switch.

But if it means getting John in the League with Wally West, then im absolutely against the idea. It has to be Barry Allen for me.

I get it though. Hal and Barry. It's the ultimate team of Green Lantern and Flash, especially for the first Justice League.

I think Goyer is used to changing things around for film. He's used to Nolan's mentality. But Snyder seems to be a guy who wants to try every comic book-esque possibility first before moving on to a different idea. For example, Superman's red underwear. He tried hard to make it fit but it just wasn't meshing with the Goyer style. Bravo to that decision. But I see a similarity..

I see Zack trying hard to get a version of Hal Jordan on board but if it doesn't work he'll probably let Goyer use John. Im just speculating, but it's the feeling I get.

It is the first Justice League. The fact that it's the first movie tells me you don't need Aquaman or Martian Manhunter in his fullest form right from the get-go. As long as they're shown throughout the franchise. But maybe it should be Clark Kent, Bruce Wayne, Diana Prince, Hal Jordan and Barry Allen for history's sake.

Old 05-13-2013, 07:16 PM   #771
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Quote:
I don't think he's more interesting than Hal. Hal has more colors to his personality. But Stewart isn't as boring as people claim. At least I don't think so. He's a solid badass, a little more serious and he adds some diversity. He's also very suitable now because GA's have had that exposure to a failed Hal Jordan. It's an easy switch.

But if it means getting John in the League with Wally West, then im absolutely against the idea. It has to be Barry Allen for me.

I get it though. Hal and Barry. It's the ultimate team of Green Lantern and Flash, especially for the first Justice League.

I think Goyer is used to changing things around for film. He's used to Nolan's mentality. But Snyder seems to be a guy who wants to try every comic book-esque possibility first before moving on to a different idea. For example, Superman's red underwear. He tried hard to make it fit but it just wasn't meshing with the Goyer style. Bravo to that decision. But I see a similarity..

I see Zack trying hard to get a version of Hal Jordan on board but if it doesn't work he'll probably let Goyer use John. Im just speculating, but it's the feeling I get.

It is the first Justice League. The fact that it's the first movie tells me you don't need Aquaman or Martian Manhunter in his fullest form right from the get-go. As long as they're shown throughout the franchise. But maybe it should be Clark Kent, Bruce Wayne, Diana Prince, Hal Jordan and Barry Allen for history's sake.
Being a badass does not mean that he has character and depth to him. Batman is a badass but unlike Stewart, Batman has a lot of depth to him and is a fully formed character. Like I said, the main thing Stewart has going for him is that he is the black GL.

Diversity shouldn't be an issue with Martian Manhunter around. As for Hal leaving people with a sour taste in their mouths, I don't think that is the case as long as they get a new actor and give his costume a new look. Whether that actor is white or black shouldn't make a difference. Plus, even if Hal coming back will leave a sour taste, then they should just keep Hal more in the background for the first film kinda like how Hawkeye was there in Avengers alongside everyone else but didn't get anywhere the development the rest of the team got.

Old 05-13-2013, 07:29 PM   #772
mat-chow
Side-Kick

I agree with Shikamaru completely on John Stewart. Boooriiing. Give me Hal or give me Death! Lol

Old 05-13-2013, 07:37 PM   #773
Blackman
King Kong

I like John but i dont think he is interesting enough to support his own solo film. In and ensemble like JL he could work. Although i hope for Hal

Old 05-13-2013, 07:58 PM   #774
shauner111
Side-Kick

Quote:
Being a badass does not mean that he has character and depth to him. Batman is a badass but unlike Stewart, Batman has a lot of depth to him and is a fully formed character. Like I said, the main thing Stewart has going for him is that he is the black GL.

Diversity shouldn't be an issue with Martian Manhunter around. As for Hal leaving people with a sour taste in their mouths, I don't think that is the case as long as they get a new actor and give his costume a new look. Whether that actor is white or black shouldn't make a difference. Plus, even if Hal coming back will leave a sour taste, then they should just keep Hal more in the background for the first film kinda like how Hawkeye was there in Avengers alongside everyone else but didn't get anywhere the development the rest of the team got.
I normally don't like the Hawkeye type of placement for a JL member, which is why I don't want more than 5 members in the first movie. But I wouldn't mind if GL had a Hawkeye sized role in this.

If it's Hal...J'onn should be in disguise throughout the film. That's where you have your "black guy", as weird as that sounds. Then he reveals himself at the very end and helps the team defeat the threat.

I like John Stewart a lot but I don't love him. And I can say the same for Hal. But I do love the Hal and Barry buddy-cop vibe while there's the Trinity on the same team. It adds a whole different dynamic and balance. And it could be quite hilarious with the right actors and writing.

Reynolds and Gosling, or Cooper and Gosling would bring me to stiches. Ive seen enough pics and interviews with these guys to know that it would be a genius pairing. Not counting the box-office magic it would bring. The women would flock to the theater like no other superhero movie too .

Old 05-13-2013, 08:01 PM   #775
Iceman
XMN AVNGRS JL

Quote:

Cooper could work also. Maybe Pine, I don't know how they're going to rework Reynolds. And Elba would be great depending which GL they're using. As long as we get a 5 star cast like yours with strength in every role it's gonna be dam exciting!