Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Justice League > Justice League

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2013, 06:52 PM   #76
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ЯɘvlveR View Post
supposdly quicksilver is going to be in avengers 2, if we get him before the flash,

If we get Quicksilver before Flash, that will be very sad IMO.

I always believed that Flash has the potential to be DC's Iron Man - be the superhero that comes out of nowhere and becomes one of DC's top dogs in popularity. He has so much potential and I think it's a shame WB hasn't given him a good movie yet.

Old 05-01-2013, 07:14 PM   #77
shauner111
Side-Kick

It doesn't matter because im sure he wont have that big of a role but even so, Flash is a character that everybody has heard of. Quicksilver, only comic readers know who he is. It really doesn't matter because once Flash comes into JL people will be attached to him much more.

I think they're stupid if theyre gonna bring Quicksilver into the 2nd avengers in a big role because the GA will just realize who's the better character once JL comes out or they'll be able to look at Quicksilver and go "Doesn't Flash do that?" or "That guy reminds me of Flash".

Trust me. Nothing is stopping Flash, ESPECIALLY if they have a big actor in the role like Hunnam or Gosling.

Why are Marvel even introducing Scarlet Witch/Quicksilver if Magneto isn't even in that universe??

Old 05-01-2013, 09:08 PM   #78
Rowsdower!
Jaguaring Lives

Yeah, seriously. You ask most people if they've heard of Quicksilver and they'll probably say, "You mean that stupid movie with Kevin Bacon riding a bike?"

Old 05-01-2013, 09:12 PM   #79
Rodrigo90
RIP Robin

Bacon's awesome though

I believe in Batfleck

Things I have been right about before they were confirmed -
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
1. Superman having no trunks
2. Bruce Wayne retiring and Batman being made a martyr
3. Bryan Cranston NOT being Lex Luthor
4. Joker being the big bad in Batman: Arkham Origins
5. Green Goblin not wearing a mask and being mutated
Old 05-01-2013, 09:13 PM   #80
Rowsdower!
Jaguaring Lives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrigo90 View Post
Bacon's awesome though
Yeah, he is. But that movie suuuuuuuuuuucks.

Old 05-01-2013, 09:16 PM   #81
Rodrigo90
RIP Robin

I over look all that thanks to those 4GEE commercials though

I believe in Batfleck

Things I have been right about before they were confirmed -
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
1. Superman having no trunks
2. Bruce Wayne retiring and Batman being made a martyr
3. Bryan Cranston NOT being Lex Luthor
4. Joker being the big bad in Batman: Arkham Origins
5. Green Goblin not wearing a mask and being mutated
Old 05-01-2013, 09:18 PM   #82
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
It doesn't matter because im sure he wont have that big of a role but even so, Flash is a character that everybody has heard of. Quicksilver, only comic readers know who he is. It really doesn't matter because once Flash comes into JL people will be attached to him much more.

I think they're stupid if theyre gonna bring Quicksilver into the 2nd avengers in a big role because the GA will just realize who's the better character once JL comes out or they'll be able to look at Quicksilver and go "Doesn't Flash do that?" or "That guy reminds me of Flash".

Trust me. Nothing is stopping Flash, ESPECIALLY if they have a big actor in the role like Hunnam or Gosling.

Why are Marvel even introducing Scarlet Witch/Quicksilver if Magneto isn't even in that universe??
Quicksilver can always get big if the GA likes him and if they get a big actor for him. None of the Avengers were more popular or iconic than WW, Flash, and GL before the MCU either (except for maybe Hulk) and now the tables have been turned. Did any of us expect Iron Man to make it this big? That's why I am now a bit worried for the Flash.

On the other hand, this may also be an advantage. We know WB looks at Marvel's recipe for success before they begin almost anything DC related and they had trouble getting Flash off the ground for years, so Marvel doing a speedster before them might help them out a bit. WB with Flash also has the potential to improve on anything Marvel gets wrong with Quicksilver.

Old 05-01-2013, 09:19 PM   #83
samsnee
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Quote:

Because Avengers made a billion dollars and they can do whatever the f they want?

Old 05-01-2013, 09:43 PM   #84
shauner111
Side-Kick

Sounds like a true but lazy response. Nothing makes sense with Marvel anymore. Even their decision for the SHIELD tv show and theyre planning to do with Agent Coulson, it's one huge facepalm. I wont even mention the end of Iron Man 3 (oops )

Old 05-01-2013, 09:48 PM   #85
dnno1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post
If we get Quicksilver before Flash, that will be very sad IMO.

I always believed that Flash has the potential to be DC's Iron Man - be the superhero that comes out of nowhere and becomes one of DC's top dogs in popularity. He has so much potential and I think it's a shame WB hasn't given him a good movie yet.

Tim Allen in "Zoom"

I don't think it will amount to anything. Remember, back in 2006, Tim Allen played Zoom in a movie with the same name so I don't think that people will find Quicksilver like being the first speedster. I think The Flash is more recognizable anyway.

Old 05-01-2013, 10:44 PM   #86
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

If Quicksilver comes first, I just think a Flash solo movie needs to emphasize more of the speed-force, time-travel stuff, as just the superspeed won't be terribly fresh for GAs.

Old 05-01-2013, 10:46 PM   #87
Dragon_316ca
Side-Kick

https://twitter.com/elmayimbe/status/329798199025999872
Quote:
24 hours from now I'm dropping in on @SchmoesKnow podcast. Lemme see if I get them boys a scoop.
JL-related, I assume.....

Edit: elmayimbe now said it's something to do with Marvel. Hoping he could squeeze in a DC-scoop somewhere.

Matthew Modine: You can't really relate to Thor, for instance! I like the story, but I don't relate to him -- I can't use his hammer!

Last edited by Dragon_316ca; 05-01-2013 at 11:27 PM.
Old 05-02-2013, 02:38 AM   #88
Kevin Smith
Banned User

I'll be friggin' pissed if Quicksilver shows up first. The better character will win out though in the end...or I'd like to hope at least. But seriously, **** Marvel for doing that if they do. Which is possibly the most "fanboyish" thing I've ever said on these boards.

BARRY ALLEN FTW. THE ONE, TRUE SPEEDSTER!!!

Old 05-02-2013, 05:25 AM   #89
StianSteel
Side-Kick

Found this:

http://www.liveforfilms.com/2013/05/...-league-movie/

Probably BS...

Old 05-02-2013, 05:56 AM   #90
Adder
Side-Kick

Quote:

I think you're not being realistic. Avengers 2 will come out before JLA. It will likely make between 1.5-2 billion. that's a LOT of exposure for Quicksilver.
to the general audience who will have already seen quicksilver the flash will seem like a rip off. they will have been there and done that. Flash just won't be that new or exciting anymore.
face the truth, Marvel defeated DC again.

Old 05-02-2013, 05:57 AM   #91
ЯɘvlveR
doilooklikeiknowwhatajpeg

@stiansteel, that's not terrible.

Old 05-02-2013, 05:59 AM   #92
ЯɘvlveR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adder View Post
I think you're not being realistic. Avengers 2 will come out before JLA. It will likely make between 1.5-2 billion. that's a LOT of exposure for Quicksilver.
to the general audience who will have already seen quicksilver the flash will seem like a rip off. they will have been there and done that. Flash just won't be that new or exciting anymore.
you're from the future? tell me more.

Old 05-02-2013, 07:13 AM   #93
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Smith View Post
I'll be friggin' pissed if Quicksilver shows up first. The better character will win out though in the end...or I'd like to hope at least. But seriously, **** Marvel for doing that if they do. Which is possibly the most "fanboyish" thing I've ever said on these boards.

BARRY ALLEN FTW. THE ONE, TRUE SPEEDSTER!!!
There is no "if", my friend. Both Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch were confirmed for Avengers 2. Chances are high that won't change. Basically, we will get Quicksilver before Flash.

Don't blame Marvel though. Blame WB for not giving us a Flash movie yet.

You know the world is dark and lonely when Quicksilver appears in live-action before Flash. To quote the Joker, "it's a funny world we live in".

Old 05-02-2013, 07:18 AM   #94
Zionite1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post

You know the world is dark and lonely when Quicksilver appears in live-action before Flash. To quote the Joker, "it's a funny world we live in".
You know the world is dark and lonely when Rocket Rackoon appears in live-action before Flash.

Lets have hope-Thor didnt steal Supermans thunder so Quicksilver might not steal Flashs.All though Superman did have the iconic stamp to help out and flash...is the flassh

Old 05-02-2013, 07:24 AM   #95
mat-chow
Side-Kick

WHAT IF...(and this is obviously just a fanboy dream)... GDT's Crimson Peak starring Charlie Hunnam is in actuality...The Flash? There have been rumors that wb has more than one DC film in development. And then apparently there is also the concept art for Flash using Hunnam's likeness. Maybe I should go on Schmoes knows. LOL

Old 05-02-2013, 08:10 AM   #96
dnno1
Side-Kick

Quote:
That's not all true. Statistics will show that Avengers 2 will more than likely make close to $2 billion, but Quicksilver will not supplant The Flash. There are too many people who have seen the latter character in the Justice League cartoons, video games, and a few who may have seen the TV series. In fact, it will be just the opposite. Most will perceive Quicksilver as a cheap rip-off of the Flash.

Old 05-02-2013, 08:16 AM   #97
ЯɘvlveR

apparently, michael b.jordan is in talks to play the human torch. so, no cyborg for him.

Old 05-02-2013, 08:17 AM   #98
cleverusername8
Or something like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by StianSteel View Post
That sounds INCREDIBLY fanfictiony.

That doesn't even sound in-tone with Man of Steel. Humanity is mistrusting of aliens from the looks of things in MoS trailers so why would they all of a sudden turn around and start sending signals to attract more? Lex Luthor of all people.

And Darkseid coming to Earth only because he was called? From the sounds of it, there was no plan there at all. Just Darkseid catching onto a signal and randomly deciding to attack the spot where it came from. He's not just some bad guy that arbitrarily attacks for no reason. He's cunning and always has some kind of goal in mind.

Nice misspelling of 'Mongul' in there >_>

I don't trust it. People are really quick to say "I know what they're planning! I found the script!" just to sort of spill their wishlist for the movie's plot. Frankly, that sounds on par with Green Lantern as far as story goes. I hope it's much more thought out than that.

Old 05-02-2013, 08:29 AM   #99
erehwon0
Side-Kick

My turn. What if they shot a 5 minute cameo of the Flash in MOS? It looks as if he makes his way to Alaska from some where Northeast? Maybe he encounter the Flash in his travels?

Taking a cue from El Mayimbe:

Imagine this:

Clark makes his way to Central City. While there he witnesses a fire break out at a restaurant. He tries to get as many people as fast as he can without using his powers. And just as he evacuates most of the patrons from the dining area, the kitchen explodes sending a massive fireball all the way to the street. At the moment of he explosion, Clark needing to get inside again to look for survivors, witnesses kitchen staff appearing out of nowhere one by one. Clark concentrates to find out how this is happening and sees a blur slow down to a human figure as he sets down the last staff member. Clark checks out the kitchen staff who are all alive but some have serious bruising, broken bones and nausea. Clark makes his way to his man and asks him how he did that. To his the man replies: "Do what?"

Last edited by erehwon0; 05-02-2013 at 08:33 AM.
Old 05-02-2013, 09:33 AM   #100
shauner111
Side-Kick

Quote:
No they haven't. A rip-off? It doesn't matter what Quicksilver does, people will be thinking he's a rip-off of Flash and once they actually see Barry Allen, they'll know theyre seeing the real thing.

Closed Thread