The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Iron Man > Iron Man 3

Old 05-03-2013, 04:17 AM   #276
TRM
Banned User

Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - - - - - - Part 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
I think he meant the Marvel Oracle. In reference to namor comics I believe? But yeah there's Oracle references in Avengers as well. But I believe its product placement for the real life company.
Yeah I meant Namor's company, since it was an easter egg at the Stark Expo before.

TRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 09:19 AM   #277
C. Lee
I'm not old, I'm ancient
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Sid Jawtug View Post
The mid-credit scene for the U.S release features
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Peter Parker!

You heard it here first!
Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Lee View Post
If true...nice.

If not true.....banning or just very long probation....I'll think about it.
Time to pay the piper.....

C. Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 09:26 AM   #278
thalidomide
The Enemy

All these speculations are all interesting.

thalidomide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 09:28 AM   #279
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

Dr. Sid Jawtug is Elmayimbe.You heard it here first.

"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible, and we count these moments. Those moments when we dared to aim higher -- to break barriers, to reach for the stars. To make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that, and perhaps we've just forgotten. That we're still pioneers, that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us -- because our destiny lies above us."

INTERSTELLAR

TheIrishAvenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 09:36 AM   #280
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

I wouldn't mind seeing killian come back and lead the masters of evil if they ever went that route. He was really charismatic. Seems like the kind of villain that can bring other villains together

Saving Mr. Banks- 9/10, Jack Ryan- 7/10, The Lego Movie- 9/10, Non-Stop- 8/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 10/10, The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8/10, Godzilla- 7/10, Days of Future Past- 8.5/10, Edge of Tomorrow- 8.5/10, Transformers 4- 8/10, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes- 10/10
Quasimod0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 09:36 AM   #281
Mr. Stark
Put On The Suit!

So I slept on it and I don't think I hate the movie. My main problem after my initial viewing was
In fact the mandarin twist. But thinking about it and what I know to be true about the mandarin character, I think everyone is throwing away the theory that Killian could in fact be the mandarin too quickly. I mean the thing about the mandarin is that he is a very specific villain for iron man. Although he is in peak physical shape, can fight, has the rings, he is always his most formidable when he comes at Tony personally and mysteriously. Mandarin in fact dies at Tony's hands, and is able to come back, and infiltrate stark industries because he takes different forms and looks. The types of pressure the mandarin puts on Tony are all present in the movie, he takes away his suits, which he does in the director of shield series, and in that series the mandarin did in fact have extremis. The mandarin in the comics always struck me as a character who plays in the backround until it is time to strike, which is exactly what Killian did. Assuming Killian is in fact the mandarin, I think it makes the film better as an adaptation
As just a stand alone film, I think it is structured well, great dialogue, great acting, the directing on the set pieces was a little choppy. But over all I think it was "technically" speaking the best iron man film.

Mr. Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 09:48 AM   #282
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

The movie made tony stark waaaay more like able to me. He was a bit less likeable in the avengers, but this movie really redeemed him. Loved the stuff with the kid harley

Saving Mr. Banks- 9/10, Jack Ryan- 7/10, The Lego Movie- 9/10, Non-Stop- 8/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 10/10, The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8/10, Godzilla- 7/10, Days of Future Past- 8.5/10, Edge of Tomorrow- 8.5/10, Transformers 4- 8/10, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes- 10/10
Old 05-03-2013, 09:51 AM   #283
Son of Coul
They call me Mr. Pym

Yeah, this was definitely RDJ's best and most earnest performance as Stark since IM1.

Son of Coul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 09:59 AM   #284
batman1115
Side-Kick

What are the trailers before IM3?

batman1115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 10:02 AM   #285
Son of Coul
They call me Mr. Pym

My AMC had Thor: The Dark World, White House Down, Fast & Furious 6, The Lone Ranger, and The Hangover Part III.

Old 05-03-2013, 10:03 AM   #286
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRM View Post
When Killian says it, it's worded weird which made me take in interest in watching that part a few times. it does definitely seem like it's supposed to be the Mandarin he's talking about, but watching the movie again makes when Killian says it, what he says, and where he's saying it (with pretty much no one around somewhere at AIM and to someone over the phone) makes me have some hope it is some kind of foreshadowing.

When you watch the movie again it's funny when Maya shows up at the Mansion and Tony asks "are you the Mandarin?". Like he already subconsciously knows Trevor isn't... Kinda like foreshadowing.

Also, Stark determines that Mandarin is a title that means adviser to the king. Could this mean something later, since Killian considered himself the Mandarin?
It could, especially looking back at my little theory

advisor to the king? Well, assuming Zemo is the new head of hydra, he will also be very wealthy. He COULD be seen as an aristocrat....and since he would have funded killian, killian is going crazy thanks to extremis..meanwhile, his "king" is this aristocrat zemo..however, we saw Killian wanted to essentially take over the globe, which could lead to conflict.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Coul View Post
Yeah, this was definitely RDJ's best and most earnest performance as Stark since IM1.
I agree there.

Old 05-03-2013, 10:08 AM   #287
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

Oscar worthy?

terry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 10:08 AM   #288
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasimod0 View Post
The movie made tony stark waaaay more like able to me. He was a bit less likeable in the avengers, but this movie really redeemed him. Loved the stuff with the kid harley
This is one of those things where I talk to people and see a wide range of reactions. I guess you get it or you don't type of things.

I always love it when Tony Stark is acting like an ass. For me it's kind of like the stuff you always want to say to people if you're being brutally honest but are too afraid to, so you say something PC.

Sure if someone acted like that in real life they would be a real douche bag, and I'd probably hate them. There's something about Robert's performance when he's doing this, he makes it likeable to me. I can't explain it, and I understand why some people are turned off by it.

Donald Trump acts the same way and he's a douche, because he's not as charismatic as RDJ, and it's hard to take anyone serious who has a comb-over.

Old 05-03-2013, 10:09 AM   #289
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
Oscar worthy?
I'd love to see Robert get nominated, but we all know that movies released at this time of year are generally ignored, plus there's no love for the genre.

Old 05-03-2013, 10:11 AM   #290
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

Quote:
Oscar worthy?
Not "serious" enough to be considered for an Oscar probably. But a fantastic performance by a great actor who brings his all to the roll.

Old 05-03-2013, 10:16 AM   #291
batman1115
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Coul View Post
My AMC had Thor: The Dark World, White House Down, Fast & Furious 6, The Lone Ranger, and The Hangover Part III.

No MOS? that's surprising.

batman1115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 10:18 AM   #292
Son of Coul
They call me Mr. Pym

Quote:
Oscar worthy?
If he wasn't nominated for IM1, he ain't gonna be for this. Especially since it's much more of a balls-to-the-wall action movie. But like IM1, his delivery on a lot of smartass remarks (as well as some smack-talking) had a layer of vulnerability to them. Like the defense mechanism they can sometimes be.

Even with the dying subplot in IM2, I mostly didn't get that from him. Seemed more like he was just having a good time. Probably because I'm guessing Favs was too.

Old 05-03-2013, 10:19 AM   #293
Spideyfan93
Hayley Atwell I love you!

I haven't seen MOS before any movies recently either...it's like they're doing it on purpose.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Spideyfan93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 10:21 AM   #294
Polux
Side-Kick

I'm sorry guys, but it's really funny to see people so hung up on the crazy theories about Trevor/Mandarin/Killian....Killian IS the Mandarin, plain and simple, and he's been the whole time; I was shocked too the first time I saw it, but shortly after the twist and by the end of the movie I got it and loved it; my girlfriend realized right away after the twist ("So Killian's the real Mandarin"); Killian had the powers, the fighting, the dragon tattoos, he was the brains of the whole operation pulling the strings from the shadows and you can see on Pearce's performance how ridiculously intelligent and manipulative he is (if that doesn't scream "Mandarin", I don't know what does); Trevor had....the beard...and the robes...and a badass speech patern; but that's the point, the "real" Mandarin (Killian) created this character; he scripted his words and made him what it was, as he said "once you give terror a face, a Bin-Laden, people will buy it..." or something like that; is was him all along.

After I saw it for a second time it was all so clear ( I got a little bit of a "Keyzer Soze" vibe) and I felt it was even more brilliant, since I wasn't gasping for air

Polux

Polux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 10:28 AM   #295
darkslayer101
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polux View Post
I'm sorry guys, but it's really funny to see people so hung up on the crazy theories about Trevor/Mandarin/Killian....Killian IS the Mandarin, plain and simple, and he's been the whole time; I was shocked too the first time I saw it, but shortly after the twist and by the end of the movie I got it and loved it; my girlfriend realized right away after the twist ("So Killian's the real Mandarin"); Killian had the powers, the fighting, the dragon tattoos, he was the brains of the whole operation pulling the strings from the shadows and you can see on Pearce's performance how ridiculously intelligent and manipulative he is (if that doesn't scream "Mandarin", I don't know what does); Trevor had....the beard...and the robes...and a badass speech patern; but that's the point, the "real" Mandarin (Killian) created this character; he scripted his words and made him what it was, as he said "once you give terror a face, a Bin-Laden, people will buy it..." or something like that; is was him all along.

After I saw it for a second time it was all so clear ( I got a little bit of a "Keyzer Soze" vibe) and I felt it was even more brilliant, since I wasn't gasping for air

Polux

although i did feel Kingsley's character was wasted after the reveal

darkslayer101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 10:29 AM   #296
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:

Polux
we aren't saying that Killian ISN'T the mandarin...we are saying that if Killian is 'dead" the mandarin may not be, and we are just finding ways, based on things picked up in the movie, that could hint at a return for Killian's mind/Mandarin

what we are speculating on, is IF and HOW the Killian/Mandarin can return

Old 05-03-2013, 10:29 AM   #297
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spideyfan93 View Post
I haven't seen MOS before any movies recently either...it's like they're doing it on purpose.
No MOS trailer with mine either

Old 05-03-2013, 10:47 AM   #298
Mr.M
Side-Kick

They played MoS #2. I don't think #3 is attached with this.

Mr.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 10:47 AM   #299
Polux
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
we aren't saying that Killian ISN'T the mandarin...we are saying that if Killian is 'dead" the mandarin may not be, and we are just finding ways, based on things picked up in the movie, that could hint at a return for Killian's mind/Mandarin

what we are speculating on, is IF and HOW the Killian/Mandarin can return
Oh, well...

And since Mandikillian survived and regenerated from exploding inside the Mark 42, couldn't he (albeit slowly) regenerate from his apparent death??

Polux

Polux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 10:54 AM   #300
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Oh, well...

And since Mandikillian survived and regenerated from exploding inside the Mark 42, couldn't he (albeit slowly) regenerate from his apparent death??

Polux

that's what i would think..but it depends on how damaged his body is..but that seems to simple. I don't know, cause Fiege did say there are things we wouldn't pick up on until multiple viewings, and the whole hijacking thing, and tony hinting at himself maybe taking extremis, and the fact that the whole movie was in fact a memory of an unstable tony stark, would lead me to think there is more going on...the theme of this movie to me seemed like what extremis can do to the mind...think about it, stark handled is panic attacks, he had a complete character arc...so..WHY is he seeing a therapist if he sort of leveled out? He must not have, there must be something going on in his head, that, and the fact that the movie is his recollection makes me think there is more going on, and it hints it through out the movie, and THAT is what I think fiege was referring to. hence my deliberate attempt to think way outside the box.

Last edited by jaqua99; 05-03-2013 at 10:58 AM.
jaqua99 is offline   Reply With Quote