Life's End Boss

Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - - - - - - Part 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by danoyse View Post
I'm just teasing.
Me too. No worries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danoyse View Post
I figure it's either the chauffeur thing, or Maggie Smith is joining the Avengers. Which would be kinda awesome.
Lol.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
The Infernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 12:50 AM   #352
Snow Queen
Side-Kick

The more I think about this movie, the more I feel it deserves a second viewing. I really loved some of the parallels like:

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Trevor's addiction eats him up and leaves him as a puppet of the villain, Tony's addiction is eating him up but he ends up getting over it by the end.

Killian discards his mask, Trevor, and Tony discards his masks at the end.

"I am Iron Man."
"I am the Mandarin."

Snow Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 12:50 AM   #353
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

so I PM'd danoyse about this since she seems to be familiar with the series but I figured I'd put it out here in case anyone else knows as well..

There are 2 scenes of Downton Abbey that are in the movie, one when we first see Happy in the coma and Tony is in the room and he asks the nurse to keep it on since Happy likes it, and then the next time is when Happy 'wakes up' and points to the screen. I'm not sure which she's cleared up yet but I assume it's the last one since that one is really shown and the first is more in the background. They might even be the same characters in both scenes idk haha. But figured I'd just get that out there since it *might* have something to do in the future or might just be a slight hint at the comics Happy v Pepper relationship type stuff idk.

If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
( http://www.family1stclothingco.com/ )
mkilban2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 12:57 AM   #354
cryptic name
No Limits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endeavor View Post
My thoughts exactly.

I'm not a huge fan of "the twist", but I think it was open ended enough for it to be changed in future MCU movies.

I'm also not a fan of
Tony no longer needing the arc reactor chest piece. It's sort of like making Rogue able to touch people without a problem, or Cyclops not needing ruby quartz lenses...

Also, why is it that
the arc reactor no longer powers the suits? Why did they have to be charged if the reactor in Tony's chest piece still had sufficient power? I feel this wasn't properly explained.
Tony's heart condition has been cured in the comics for some time, I have no problem with this kind of development. Change is what's needed for a story to stay interesting

Not sure about that either. Confused me a bit.

I believe in Batfleck
cryptic name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 01:05 AM   #355
Son of Coul
They call me Mr. Pym

Quote:
Also, why is it that
the arc reactor no longer powers the suits? Why did they have to be charged if the reactor in Tony's chest piece still had sufficient power? I feel this wasn't properly explained.
I got the impression since IM2 that each suit has had its own arc reactor charging it, while the one in his chest is more specifically for the shrapnel. But then again, continued use of the suit in that was killing him. It's always been pretty vague. There are plenty of things about how the IM suit operates that don't necessarily make sense/aren't explained, so it really doesn't bother me.

Son of Coul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 01:15 AM   #356
Saitou Hajime
Side-Kick

Quote:
Also, why is it that

The Mark XXLII probably didn't have its own arc reactor yet because it was an incomplete prototype, and it had to be independent of Tony's reactor because of its remote assembly nature.

Saitou Hajime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 01:38 AM   #357
darkslayer101
Side-Kick

Did anyone catch the tweet by Drew Pearce regarding this:
https://twitter.com/mrdrewpearce/sta...535424/photo/1

Also did anyone find the downton abbey clue, tweeted by Jon favreau?

Also I am kinda curious as to how Stark's abilities plays out in Avengers 2
He is completely stripped of his armors with the "clean slate" protocol. Hopefully he takes a modified version of extremis

Last edited by darkslayer101; 05-04-2013 at 01:42 AM.
darkslayer101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 04:11 AM   #358
gohei_
Infected by Pentapox

I'm sure this has been brought up before but regarding the bar scene in Tennesse, when Tony bumps in to the extremis chick she is seen walking away from the bar, right? Why is she then coming back inside to meet with Ms Davis? Was she just waiting for Tony to arrive? What did they want with the file Ms Davis brought with her?

I ask her during dinner, what's her top 3 favorite movies. If she doesn't list Star Wars as at least #2. I excuse myself to the bathroom and crawl out the window. :up:
gohei_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 04:12 AM   #359
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

Gah I still need to see this movie. I haven't had the time.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
craigdbfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 04:35 AM   #360
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

I still think people are
taking Tony 'giving up Iron Man' way too literally. All he does is blow up those sets of armour, what he SAYS to Pepper is that he's going to "strip things back a bit" which means that yes, 42 is a bit excessive. When he says the armour was a coccoon, he's accepting he doesn't need the reliance on it, that HE is the hero. But the cheeky look at the screwdriver, taking home the worker bot and the final confirmation line of I AM IRON MAN is fairly strong confirmation that he's not giving up... Just trying something different. I did not get any sort of conclusive 'giving up' in that scene at all.

Old 05-04-2013, 09:08 AM   #361
DaddlerTheDalek
Starship Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarecrow_King View Post
Just got back from my first viewing. I loved it. Lots of emotional stuff with Tony and the fallout from really being the MCU's first superhero and how he deals with being part of the larger world now that Cap is unfrozen and the Battle of New York.

The twist didn't bother me that much, because I though Killian was a decent villain. With his dragon tattoos and everything, the MCU basically just merged comic Killian with the Mandarin. Worked for me.
This. I loved Iron Man 3 too. Killian/Mandarin was a Great Villain & The Final Fight against him was Awesome. He gave Stark/Iron Man a really Hard Time and i loved it.

DaddlerTheDalek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 09:18 AM   #362
Kingdork
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolvieboy17 View Post
I still think people are
taking Tony 'giving up Iron Man' way too literally. All he does is blow up those sets of armour, what he SAYS to Pepper is that he's going to "strip things back a bit" which means that yes, 42 is a bit excessive. When he says the armour was a coccoon, he's accepting he doesn't need the reliance on it, that HE is the hero. But the cheeky look at the screwdriver, taking home the worker bot and the final confirmation line of I AM IRON MAN is fairly strong confirmation that he's not giving up... Just trying something different. I did not get any sort of conclusive 'giving up' in that scene at all.
Exactly. It was pretty clear to me the first time I saw it.

Kingdork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 10:12 AM   #363
metaphysician
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
Also guys, honestly I think Feige was playing us about seeing stuff that will play out in Phase 2. To me there was nothing overtly there to comment on that.
Aside from surviving Extremis soldiers as possible supervillains later on, there's one big potential continuing thread: the underlying physiological basis of Extremis. The way Killian described it, they weren't magic nanites that did everything themselves. Instead, they were tapping into and triggering/altering existing pathways in the brain and genome.

IOW, Henson and Killian found the physiological basis of superpowers. And is is already residing in humanity.

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 10:30 AM   #364
darkslayer101
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolvieboy17 View Post
I still think people are
i dont get why everyone is getting antsy over that, Tony is definetly coming back in Avengers 2, and since he didn't get infused with extremis, he has to bring something new to compete with his fellow avengers

darkslayer101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 10:52 AM   #365
metaphysician
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkslayer101 View Post
Did anyone catch the tweet by Drew Pearce regarding this:
https://twitter.com/mrdrewpearce/sta...535424/photo/1

Also did anyone find the downton abbey clue, tweeted by Jon favreau?

Also I am kinda curious as to how Stark's abilities plays out in Avengers 2
He is completely stripped of his armors with the "clean slate" protocol. Hopefully he takes a modified version of extremis
Its not like he can't build new ones. And has every intention of. He's just not going to use 'obsessively making armors' as a psychological crutch to get over feelings of inadequacy.

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 11:18 AM   #366
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

Stark has gone back and forth like this in the comics for years. So it's perfectly in character.

terry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 12:16 PM   #367
Norek
Yvonne Strahotski <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkslayer101 View Post
i dont get why everyone is getting antsy over that, Tony is definetly coming back in Avengers 2, and since he didn't get infused with extremis, he has to bring something new to compete with his fellow avengers
See, that's the thing - the ending aims to make it look so dramatic and like he's giving up on something that's a huge part of his life, and we already know he's going to be Iron Man again, so it fails to leave any emotional impact in me. Kinda like the endings of IM2 and Thor that have these big plot points that lead to nowhere and are diminished by a few lines of dialogue. It's pointless.

"Films are worth seeing period, even the bad ones." - Blue Sugar
Norek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 12:33 PM   #368
Robin91939
Master Tim

BTW, was that a cameo by Feige in the Miami house with the hooker?

-R

Old 05-04-2013, 12:34 PM   #369
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkilban2 View Post
so I PM'd danoyse about this since she seems to be familiar with the series but I figured I'd put it out here in case anyone else knows as well..

There are 2 scenes of Downton Abbey that are in the movie, one when we first see Happy in the coma and Tony is in the room and he asks the nurse to keep it on since Happy likes it, and then the next time is when Happy 'wakes up' and points to the screen. I'm not sure which she's cleared up yet but I assume it's the last one since that one is really shown and the first is more in the background. They might even be the same characters in both scenes idk haha. But figured I'd just get that out there since it *might* have something to do in the future or might just be a slight hint at the comics Happy v Pepper relationship type stuff idk.
It's the same two characters in both scenes on the TV, so it's basically the same storyline. They're both from season 2.

Old 05-04-2013, 12:58 PM   #370
Sockin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin91939 View Post
BTW, was that a cameo by Feige in the Miami house with the hooker?

-R
Was wondering this myself actually. It sure looked like him.

Sockin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 01:09 PM   #371
kaijunexus
===---- ゴジラ 2014 ----===

All of the iron man suits...revealed!!!!!

ゴジラ
kaijunexus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 01:22 PM   #372
Scarecrow_King
King of Swinging Moods

How does 30, the Silver Centurion upgrade, come before 33, the Silver Centurion? haha

Old 05-04-2013, 01:23 PM   #373
marvel_freshman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaijunexus View Post
All of the iron man suits...revealed!!!!!

I've been trying to find the original quality of the pics, but saved those last week and forgot to bookmark where I got them from. Any ideas?

Old 05-04-2013, 01:38 PM   #374
DN91
Star-Spangled Man

The Hot Rod armor (supposedly the "War Machine 2.0" armor) is hilarious because of the hot rod flames on the legs.

DN91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 02:01 PM   #375
Matarreyes
Side-Kick

So, regarding some things people were saying up thread about Tony getting / not getting Extremis in comic vs in the movie, I
thought it was pretty obvious that he used a modified/stabilized version of it on himself to get rid of his arc reactor. He could not do it in IM2 because it was medically impossible, but Extremis was originally developed to cure things like 10x10 holes in one's chest left after shrapnel extraction, so that was how he did it once he solved the stability problem in order to save Pepper.

Though, the amount of people crying foul on the arc reaction extraction in IM3 vs MI2 canon is incredible. How come? The Extremis connection seemed rather obvious to me?[

Matarreyes is offline   Reply With Quote