The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2013, 03:20 AM   #151
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

Default Re: Hans Zimmer Scoring The Man of Steel - Part 2

When the segment in the clean trailer 3 music plays - in particular 1.18 to 1.33 - I think how lucky we are Superman landed in the United States, raised with good old fashioned values. And he's on our side.

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - The Lifeboat - Get Happy - Alice 2
Old 05-08-2013, 06:52 AM   #152
Project862006
Banned User

dna i think may be my fav.

Old 05-08-2013, 07:18 AM   #153
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

The new samples, along with the official trailer music, are making sweet and hopeful love to my ears.

Old 05-08-2013, 07:35 AM   #154
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianakin_ View Post
The new samples, along with the official trailer music, are making sweet and hopeful love to my ears.
The score sounds just right. It's not really a dark score, just atmospheric/alieny - that first cue is a good example. And to be honest, I think that suits a modern Superman movie. The times are different.

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - The Lifeboat - Get Happy - Alice 2
Old 05-08-2013, 07:41 AM   #155
moviefreak
Side-Kick

My goodness. I'm transported to the late 70s/ early 80s with these tracks playing in my ears. I keep visualising watching movies like Close Encounter of the 3rd Kind, Blade Runner in the 70s/80s with these Zimmer samples playing.

Old 05-08-2013, 07:42 AM   #156
Glassjaw
In training

Notice how one of the the drum beats in 'If You Love These People' is the same as the trailer music - when the energy beam is hitting Superman? I love that its a little musical signature to the score.

Old 05-08-2013, 07:47 AM   #157
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

Quote:
Originally Posted by moviefreak View Post
My goodness. I'm transported to the late 70s/ early 80s with these tracks playing in my ears. I keep visualising watching movies like Close Encounter of the 3rd Kind, Blade Runner in the 70s/80s with these Zimmer samples playing.
Yup, totally getting Close Encounters vibes.

Old 05-08-2013, 07:51 AM   #158
Donut
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianakin_ View Post
Where is the official trailer music ?

Old 05-08-2013, 07:54 AM   #159
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donut View Post
Where is the official trailer music ?
Here.

Old 05-08-2013, 09:06 AM   #160
scifiwolf
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by moviefreak View Post
Between TRON: Legacy, Oblivion, and this, I'm definitely enjoying some of the new scifi soundtracks we're getting. I thought Prometheus was quite good as well.

Last edited by scifiwolf; 05-08-2013 at 11:40 AM.
Old 05-08-2013, 09:12 AM   #161
Anjow1060
Rattling the cage

I need "This is Clark Kent" right now.

I just... do.

60 seconds of music has never impacted me emotionally as much as that just did.

- Jow

Old 05-08-2013, 09:34 AM   #162
snpklsdmbldr
welcome to the planet

This is Clark Kent is also my favorite.

the piano piece just gets me!

Old 05-08-2013, 10:26 AM   #163
TheNextNolan22
You are an F** ****

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneFan View Post
When the segment in the clean trailer 3 music plays - in particular 1.18 to 1.33 - I think how lucky we are Superman landed in the United States, raised with good old fashioned values. And he's on our side.
'Murica!!!!!!! Sorry I had to.

And the more I listen to the samples, the I get a Close Encounters/Inception/Skyrim vibe mixed with a tribute to Williams' score.

Stop all this positive thinking. Only negativity is allowed in here.
I know we all should respect everybody's opinion and stuff but if you say that Breaking Bad is overrated then you do not deserve any of my respect.
Old 05-08-2013, 10:39 AM   #164
Zorex
No T, No Shade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anjow1060 View Post
I need "This is Clark Kent" right now.

I just... do.

60 seconds of music has never impacted me emotionally as much as that just did.

- Jow
For serious. Beautiful. Can't wait to hear the entire track.

Old 05-08-2013, 10:41 AM   #165
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
He’s much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. He’s Everyman operating on a sci–fi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Old 05-08-2013, 11:02 AM   #166
jasvll
Side-Kick

Quote:
This post made me think of how lucky we are to have a British actor bringing Superman to life along with a German composer who can so eloquently enhance his story. And all we had to do to get them was betray our good old fashioned values!

Old 05-08-2013, 11:05 AM   #167
Cassandra Cain
C'mon! Let's get NUTS!

I'm loving the This is Clark Kent and You Led Us Here tracks. I'm a sucker for more emotional music.

Old 05-08-2013, 02:00 PM   #168
Asteroid-Man
Ham Sammiches

Quote:

Ke tokhme sokhan ra parakandeam.
Posting Since 09/24/05 10:30 am
Old 05-08-2013, 02:46 PM   #169
kendalag
Side-Kick

Some thoughts on a few favorites ...

Sent Here For a Reason ... plays the same type of melody with the piano as the beginning of the trailer at points. Very alien sound as well. Likely one of those parts that shows up in various pieces, like in TDK trilogy films.

Goodbye My Son ... the sounds at the beginning were very Pan's Labyrinth sounding to me. The music following is really haunting. In general I love what he's going with for the seemingly Krypton scenes.

If You Love These People ... really like this sample, especially the end which seems to lead into the walmart app music. If the trailer music isn't a major part of the theme, I could see this being it.

Krypton's Last ... very eery feel to it. The prominent strings are not unusual I guess for Hans.

This Is Clark Kent ... again, the similar piano cue from the trailer, but slightly different take on it. So far it feels very Middle America aka Kansas ... can definitely see why it's called 'This Is Clark Kent'

What Are You Going to Do ... more piano ... that's got to be some sort of a Clark theme. It's reminiscent of the way I feel about 'Corynorhinus' from Batman Begins. My favorite Batman piece.

Flight ... builds early on towards bombastic feels near the end, definitely feels like it's moving towards that sound from the middle of the 3rd trailer. I sure hope so.

Not really a favorite, but 'Terraforming' almost has a Bane-esque cue towards the end.

Overall, it's a nice start. Can't wait to here the full songs.

Old 05-08-2013, 03:15 PM   #170
DKDetective
"He'll be a god to them."

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendalag View Post

Sent Here For a Reason ... plays the same type of melody with the piano as the beginning of the trailer at points. Very alien sound as well. Likely one of those parts that shows up in various pieces, like in TDK trilogy films.

Goodbye My Son ... the sounds at the beginning were very Pan's Labyrinth sounding to me. The music following is really haunting. In general I love what he's going with for the seemingly Krypton scenes.

If You Love These People ... really like this sample, especially the end which seems to lead into the walmart app music. If the trailer music isn't a major part of the theme, I could see this being it.

Krypton's Last ... very eery feel to it. The prominent strings are not unusual I guess for Hans.

This Is Clark Kent ... again, the similar piano cue from the trailer, but slightly different take on it. So far it feels very Middle America aka Kansas ... can definitely see why it's called 'This Is Clark Kent'

What Are You Going to Do ... more piano ... that's got to be some sort of a Clark theme. It's reminiscent of the way I feel about 'Corynorhinus' from Batman Begins. My favorite Batman piece.

Flight ... builds early on towards bombastic feels near the end, definitely feels like it's moving towards that sound from the middle of the 3rd trailer. I sure hope so.

Not really a favorite, but 'Terraforming' almost has a Bane-esque cue towards the end.

I'd actually say that Krypton's Last seems to have hints of the same melody as the App music. If Krypton's Last is the music that plays while the planet meets its inevitable doom, it would interesting if Zimmer is reworking the melody into an action cue for when Zod is trying to destroy Metropolis (aka the App music).

I agree so strongly regarding Corynorhinus. It is an awesome piece. It was so unfortunate that it was barely used after Begins. I believe the piano melody was reworked in "Agent of Chaos" for TDK when Batman and Gordon are rushing to save Harvey and Rachel, but it lost a lot of its effect by speeding it up into an action cue. Large part of why the Begins soundtrack is my favourite of the trilogy.

Old 05-08-2013, 03:43 PM   #171
Stephen K. Hone
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendalag View Post

Corynorhinus is absolutely beautiful, and is one of my favourite (might even be my favourite) themes by HZ/JNH. I think it is JNH's contribution to BB, yes?? Anyhow, it is a gorgeous piece and "This is Clark Kent" seems reminiscent or evocative of that track. I can't wait until we get more than 60 second samples as a lot of them start to build right as they are cut off. Come on June the 11th!

Old 05-08-2013, 04:17 PM   #172
Stephen K. Hone
Side-Kick

Forgot to add that Terraforming sounds very Supermanish to my ears in the way that Williams Jaws theme starts with the, Da Dum, Da Dum, Da Dum Dum Dum Dum ....to let you know the shark is coming, and builds into the main theme. Terraforming seems to give off an impending shirt rip, or Superman about to go into action vibe. Possibly though it won't be anything connected to Superman himself, but might actually be for Zod. Hopefully though it's part of a bigger Superman "heroic" theme.

Last edited by Stephen K. Hone; 05-08-2013 at 05:26 PM. Reason: Spelleen;-
Old 05-08-2013, 05:46 PM   #173
DaRkVeNgeanCe
Godzilla is coming!!!

I really can't wait to get the full score in my hands so I can listen to it over and over.

SUMMER MOVIES - Captain America TWS 8/10 I The Amazing Spider-Man 2 7.5/10 I Godzilla 9/10 I X-Men: DOFP 9.5/10 I Maleficent 4/10 I Edge of Tomorrow 8.5/10 I 22 Jump Street 9/10 I Transformers 4 3/10
Old 05-08-2013, 06:48 PM   #174
Jim-El
"My Son"

What about DNA? I think it might have the most potential of any other track.

"The Kryptonian prophecy will be at last fulfilled. The son becomes the father, the father becomes the son. Farewell forever Kal-El. Remember me my son." - Jor-El/Marlon Brando/Superman II: The Richard Donner Cut
Old 05-08-2013, 09:09 PM   #175
Stephen K. Hone
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim-El View Post
What about DNA? I think it might have the most potential of any other track.
I like DNA. When we only had 30 second samples, that was the track that seemed to jump out.

Closed Thread