The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > The Wolverine

Old 08-04-2013, 01:18 AM   #201
BlackFox
Almost ninja

Default Re: Rila Fukushima as Yukio

Yeah I dont really see the need to keep linking to his past now, the story in Japan is him basically getting over and letting go of the past, the last dream of Jean pretty much encompasses this.

However with DoFP time travel story it may get touched upon or even alter history of Logan.

(X-Men-Apocalypse:Brace yourselves, WAR is coming)
BlackFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 01:20 AM   #202
Loki882
Side-Kick

That doesn't mean that you can't explore the past at all if the movies are standalone pieces.

Loki882 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 01:40 AM   #203
BlackFox
Almost ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
That doesn't mean that you can't explore the past at all if the movies are standalone pieces.
True but we dont really need to see any more about the weapon X program or Jean, those bits are done I feel.

Old 08-04-2013, 01:52 AM   #204
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
Actually if you think about it none of the X-Men movies are standalone pieces.

-X1 leads to X2.
-X2 leads to X3.
-X3 leads to The Wolverine.
-Origins showed the complete picture about Wolverine's past with Stryker, which was teased in X2.
-FC was the introduction of the younger Prof X/Magneto and both will comeback in DOFP.
-The ending of The Wolverine leads to DOFP.

I think if they are gonna make more Wolverine movies, it should be connected to the previous/upcoming movies. Like they shouldn't make a Wolverine movie just for the sake of Wolverine facing another enemy that won't lead to anything.

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 08:24 AM   #205
Paladin-Hoss
Side-Kick

Quote:
True but we dont really need to see any more about the weapon X program or Jean, those bits are done I feel.
The problem with that is that pretty much all of Wolvie's most memorable arch enemies are connected to his past, one way or another.Omega red,Lady Deathstrike,Sabretooth, Cyber...to name just a few.

Quote:
I think if they are gonna make more Wolverine movies, it should be connected to the previous/upcoming movies. Like they shouldn't make a Wolverine movie just for the sake of Wolverine facing another enemy that won't lead to anything.
Nah...In my opinion, if they're going to make another Wolverine movie, or a solo movie with any other X character,it should be a real stand alone, in terms of storyline, otherwise, what's the point? It's the main complaint that people has with IM2-and to a degree with cap movie- that it doesn't really feel like a stand alone movie, that it fels like it's a two hour advertisement for the Avengers.

Paladin-Hoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 08:34 AM   #206
BlackFox
Almost ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin-Hoss View Post
Nah...In my opinion, if they're going to make another Wolverine movie, or a solo movie with any other X character,it should be a real stand alone, in terms of storyline, otherwise, what's the point? It's the main complaint that people has with IM2-and to a degree with cap movie- that it doesn't really feel like a stand alone movie, that it fels like it's a two hour advertisement for the Avengers.
This is a good point, those films did suffer from that a bit, as good as they were, people are more likely to re-watch the Avengers rather than a film just leading up to it, especially Thor, I can barely remember it now but it doesnt seem like it matters now with the Avengers out.

At least TW can stand on its own two legs, it may use some stuff from Last stand and maybe tiny amount of Origins, but Logan goes throw a whole arc and journey in the one film. If you want a story about redemption and recovery then you will watch TW.

Old 08-04-2013, 09:36 AM   #207
Paladin-Hoss
Side-Kick

Yeah, and just for the record, personally, i don't mind all the SHIELD and Avengers stuff in those movies. I got a kick from watching how marvel connected all these movies, but i can understand why some people would have problem with it.

The best thing about The Wolverine character, is that you can put him in ANY type of storyline, and as long as you stay true to the character,he wouldn't feel out of place in any given story.That's the luxury that many other character in the X universe doesn't have IMO. So in theory, making a good, stand alone Wolverine movie should be relatively easy.

Old 08-04-2013, 11:42 AM   #208
Hunter Rider
Ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackFox View Post
If everyone else has to look him up, a few changes should be ok

Not a big name I will grant you that
That actually could be looked at as a blessing creatively. Using Ogun also gives a reason for Mariko to travel to Russia to warn Logan and Yukio.

Quote:
This is my idea for 3rd installments as well. To have the 3rd movie takes place in japan again would not be a good idea. Take Logan and Yukio to Russia would not only opens up tons of stories possibilities-think of Logan pre weapon x days as flashback- it would re create that 'fish out of the water' feel to it similiar to The Wolverine.
Exactly, Wolverine is always best when he is out of his element. I think Omega Red would not only present a fantastic challenge and story, but it would lead to flashback's to Logan's past that haven't been covered in the movies yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
Do we need another story focused on Wolverine's past though?

It doesn't sound a very enticing plotline.
The plot line isn't about his past, Omega Red's threat would be current, but as a character Logan has always been about trying to piece together his past, and this would just add a bit more to it while telling a central story of Omega Red's immediate threat.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Hunter Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 01:55 PM   #209
BlackFox
Almost ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
That actually could be looked at as a blessing creatively. Using Ogun also gives a reason for Mariko to travel to Russia to warn Logan and Yukio.

Exactly, Wolverine is always best when he is out of his element. I think Omega Red would not only present a fantastic challenge and story, but it would lead to flashback's to Logan's past that haven't been covered in the movies yet.

The plot line isn't about his past, Omega Red's threat would be current, but as a character Logan has always been about trying to piece together his past, and this would just add a bit more to it while telling a central story of Omega Red's immediate threat.

Yeah I think it could work, it would link it back to this film, bring in Mariko but any changes would be met with no backlash whatsoever, pretty much anyway. I like the idea of Russia and OR as well, keep Logan out of America, makes for more interesting and diverse scenery and fight settings.

I see a final battle in the snow.............

Old 08-04-2013, 02:22 PM   #210
Teelie
Mostly Harmless

The problem I see with linking Omega Red to Logan's past is that we've already seen most of everything he went through right up until he was shot in the head and lost his memories.

Someone like Omega Red or the other, major villians in his past should've at least had a passing mention in it somewhere. Throwing in yet another "forgotten" enemy from his past is weak. He can still fight those enemies, just don't make them past enemies he doesn't remember. Make them new, current enemies.

Teelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 02:32 PM   #211
BlackFox
Almost ninja

Yeah it certainly needs to be set in the modern day true.

Old 08-04-2013, 02:36 PM   #212
Teelie
Mostly Harmless

And since this is the Yukio thread, she needs to be there to assist Logan in his ass-kicking-capades.

Teelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 02:39 PM   #213
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teelie View Post
The problem I see with linking Omega Red to Logan's past is that we've already seen most of everything he went through right up until he was shot in the head and lost his memories.

Someone like Omega Red or the other, major villians in his past should've at least had a passing mention in it somewhere. Throwing in yet another "forgotten" enemy from his past is weak. He can still fight those enemies, just don't make them past enemies he doesn't remember. Make them new, current enemies.
Yes. I agree. Even in The Wolverine, they inserted another piece of his past (Nagasaki) and I wondered in the corner of my mind 'Where's Sabretooth during this?'.

I think they need to leave the past alone. That 'search for answers' is played out.

Instead, Mariko hires Wolverine to help her and go on a mission (against Omega Red or something). Perhaps Russia is trying to take control of the Yashida corporation or Mariko hears of an even larger conspiracy/threat. Russia is using a small team of mutants (Darkstar, Omega Red, and any of the other Soviet Super Soldiers). As in the Red Dawn animated series episode, Darkstar ends up against Omega Red rather than on the same side

It may need another key mutant alongside Wolverine, apart from Yukio. Colossus, Iceman or Storm would be my suggestion.

Old 08-04-2013, 02:43 PM   #214
BlackFox
Almost ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teelie View Post
And since this is the Yukio thread, she needs to be there to assist Logan in his ass-kicking-capades.
Damn straight she will be there

Old 08-04-2013, 02:47 PM   #215
BlackFox
Almost ninja

Quote:
It may need another key mutant alongside Wolverine, apart from Yukio. Colossus, Iceman or Storm would be my suggestion.
A re-cast and decent...............

Or...........

Old 08-04-2013, 05:11 PM   #216
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

Went to see it again today with the old man. It really is hard to take your eyes off her when she's onscreen, just got that look about her.

terry78 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 06:22 PM   #217
Paladin-Hoss
Side-Kick

Quote:
Instead, Mariko hires Wolverine to help her and go on a mission (against Omega Red or something). Perhaps Russia is trying to take control of the Yashida corporation or Mariko hears of an even larger conspiracy/threat. Russia is using a small team of mutants (Darkstar, Omega Red, and any of the other Soviet Super Soldiers). As in the Red Dawn animated series episode, Darkstar ends up against Omega Red rather than on the same side
Yeah. Something along those lines.It could start with The Yashida clan getting into conflict with the Russian mob ( should be somewhere other than Japan, since i don't think the Russian mob operates there hehe). Anyway, this should also introduced Omega red.makes him some kind of a super soldier, like an evil Cap. And since the fall of the Soviet,he became a mercenary, and now works for the mob. Takes things from there.

Quote:
If we're bringing in Omega red, my vote goes for this guy:

Old 08-04-2013, 06:27 PM   #218
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackFox View Post
A re-cast and decent...............

Or...........
Well, not if they need someone (Colossus) to hold Omega Red while someone else (Storm) begins to freeze him in ice. That's why I said Colossus, Storm and Iceman are the best choices. They weren't random names, if you watch Red Dawn (episode of 90s animated series) they had a key part to play in stopping Omega Red. As did Darkstar. Iceman could replace Storm.

Psylocke is too similar to Yukio and we already had Gambit as a sidekick in Origins. Psylocke is best kept for XForce and Singer should bring Gambit into a future X-Men movie.

Old 08-04-2013, 06:29 PM   #219
Arawn Fenn
Banned User

Quote:
Even in The Wolverine, they inserted another piece of his past (Nagasaki) and I wondered in the corner of my mind 'Where's Sabretooth during this?
I had been wondering the same thing since the trailers came out. You'd think Victor would have been running around trying to find out where Logan was imprisoned, or something...

I knew there probably wasn't going to be any mention of Victor in the film, though.

Arawn Fenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 07:19 PM   #220
Paladin-Hoss
Side-Kick

Quote:
Well, not if they need someone (Colossus) to hold Omega Red while someone else (Storm) begins to freeze him in ice. That's why I said Colossus, Storm and Iceman are the best choices. They weren't random names, if you watch Red Dawn (episode of 90s animated series) they had a key part to play in stopping Omega Red. As did Darkstar. Iceman could replace Storm.
There's a Russia super heroes team, right? forgot the name...

There's Darkstar, Ursa Major the bear, Crimson Dynamo...

Might be a cool idea to have Logan and Yukio to go up against a team like that.

Old 08-04-2013, 07:34 PM   #221
Specter313
Ghost of all things X

Quote:
There's a Russia super heroes team, right? forgot the name...

There's Darkstar, Ursa Major the bear, Crimson Dynamo...

Might be a cool idea to have Logan and Yukio to go up against a team like that.
The Winter Guard.

Old 08-04-2013, 07:57 PM   #222
Paladin-Hoss
Side-Kick

^^ Yeah that's the one!

They also have a Russian version of Cap, right?

Old 08-04-2013, 09:00 PM   #223
danoyse
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Yes. I agree. Even in The Wolverine, they inserted another piece of his past (Nagasaki) and I wondered in the corner of my mind 'Where's Sabretooth during this?'
I'm still wondering how he ended up in the well. Obviously it's not important to the story of the film, but I'm curious if the writers had some backstory or something about how he got there, and where Sabertooth was during all of that.

Old 08-04-2013, 09:05 PM   #224
Paladin-Hoss
Side-Kick

Probably because he showed to be more dangerous that the other POW, so that's why they isolated him.Put him in a hole.

Old 08-04-2013, 09:07 PM   #225
danoyse
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Probably because he showed to be more dangerous that the other POW, so that's why they isolated him.Put him in a hole.
Oh, that part I figured. I should have phrased that better...I meant that I'm wondering how he got caught.