The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Age Of Ultron

Old 05-23-2013, 06:10 PM   #251
Eddie
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Official Quicksilver thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Vader View Post
I wonder if Marvel can throw the twins into an episode of SHIELD before DOFP comes out?
I'm sure they can. It's just a question of whether or not they want to.

Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 06:11 PM   #252
Whiskey Tango
1964 ~ 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post
I'm still waiting for someone to post an official link which confirms that whoever uses the characters first establishes ownership. I have found no evidence whatsoever for that to be true.

In fact, there is evidence to show that it is not true:
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Skip to about 2:10.
I've asked this multiple times and no one can give me a source. I think it's just assumption.

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Whiskey Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 06:19 PM   #253
Farren
Side Kicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
They both have the rights.
Oh I know they do. I'm not disputing that. But I guess it sounded that way. I think both studios had taken up a similar hesitant strategy. I think I expected Fox to be the one to make the first move since they've been making X-Men films for so long.

Old 05-23-2013, 06:23 PM   #254
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
Citation?
It's not true. Marvel and Fox both have the rights and they can both use the characters whenever they want. It's not a "first to use the rights keeps them" situation.

SuperT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 06:29 PM   #255
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperT View Post
It's not true. Marvel and Fox both have the rights and they can both use the characters whenever they want. It's not a "first to use the rights keeps them" situation.
I think people are thinking that if DOFP uses him first that it means a lot less using him in Avengers.. I don't see that though, audiences won't care and probably won't even notice haha.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
( http://www.family1stclothingco.com/ )
mkilban2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 06:31 PM   #256
SlamAdams
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkilban2 View Post
I think people are thinking that if DOFP uses him first that it means a lot less using him in Avengers.. I don't see that though, audiences won't care and probably won't even notice haha.
Thats what I assumed other people were saying to, I just was convinced Marvel would take any action because of it.

Kathrynn Winnick for Wonder Woman
SlamAdams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 06:51 PM   #257
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

I'm actually really pumped for DoFP, I loved FC so bringing that cast back plus the good stuff from the first triology of films is exciting.. I'm hoping the story they're telling brings peace to the chaotic X-Men universe haha. I also think The Wolverine is going to be a big deal in relation to DoFP as well but idk how lol. If they choose to not use the Magneto kids over one being in DoFP I understand and it probably won't hurt Avengers 2 at all, but having them in both probably won't hurt either. This news doesn't hurt my anticpation for either movie in the slightest. Seeing elements from Fox and Sony universes in the MCU would be pretty cool imo. Possibly alternate timeline stuff like what I assume we'll be seeing in both DoFP and GotG will connect somehow I dunno haha.

If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
Old 05-23-2013, 06:54 PM   #258
Farren
Side Kicker

Quote:
I'm still waiting for someone to post an official link which confirms that whoever uses the characters first establishes ownership. I have found no evidence whatsoever for that to be true.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

You're correct - it's not (at least it shouldn't be, given my limited knowledge of the law) that whoever uses them first gets to keep them. If that were the case, they wouldn't have danced around the characters for so long.

I think at this point Fox figures if they hesitate and let Marvel use QS/SW first, they'll have a harder time with the audience if they try to use them a few more years down the line.

I have no idea how a legal battle would manifest. But my guess is that at this point, like before, both studios want to avoid one. So Fox thinks they can puff up and try establish the audience on their side.

Old 05-23-2013, 07:25 PM   #259
Rock Sexton
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkilban2 View Post
Seeing elements from Fox and Sony universes in the MCU would be pretty cool imo. Possibly alternate timeline stuff like what I assume we'll be seeing in both DoFP and GotG will connect somehow I dunno haha.
Man I can tell this forum is going to be the same nonsense for weeks on end now that this random tweet from Singer went out.

Rock Sexton is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 07:36 PM   #260
Rock Sexton
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farren View Post
You're correct - it's not (at least it shouldn't be, given my limited knowledge of the law) that whoever uses them first gets to keep them. If that were the case, they wouldn't have danced around the characters for so long.

I think at this point Fox figures if they hesitate and let Marvel use QS/SW first, they'll have a harder time with the audience if they try to use them a few more years down the line.

I have no idea how a legal battle would manifest. But my guess is that at this point, like before, both studios want to avoid one. So Fox thinks they can puff up and try establish the audience on their side.
This whole thing is pretty clear to me. Fox decided to get in on the party and beat Marvel to the punch utilizing the character first. There's mention that they had discussed it a while back and not ironically only AFTER the Whedon announcement is when they pulled the trigger .... launching the childish "Before he was an Avenger" tweet. Inevitably they're attempting to hijack some of the MCU's "glory" ..... a marketing tool if you will, even though the two characters will have absolutely nothing to do with each other in each movie. They're trying to shallowly borrow from the association.

As I've previously stated the situation is ridiculous to me from the GA perspective, assuming they'll even remember the character the first time he appears in DOFP. If they do I can just hear the, "Ummm wait a second ......" once A2 rolls around. The idea of two movie studios using the same character told in completely seperate fashion is in such a close time frame is nonsense. It reminds me of the BS with having two Hercules movies so close to each other with the exception that Quicksilver isn't a lead.

Last edited by Rock Sexton; 05-23-2013 at 08:17 PM.
Rock Sexton is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 07:59 PM   #261
Blackman
King Kong

Just reposting but...
i dont know if this has been posted yet but Singer deleted his old tweet that says: "Before he was an Avenger" and replaced it with:

"Thrilled to say #EvanPeters is joining #XMen #DaysOfFuturePast as #Quicksilver."

Blackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 08:10 PM   #262
Whiskey Tango
1964 ~ 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
As I've previously stated the situation is ridiculous to me from the GA perspective, assuming they'll even remember the character the first time he appears in DOFP. If they do I can just hear the, "Ummm wait a second ......" once A2 rolls around. The idea of two movie studios using the same character told in completely seperate fashion is in such a close time frame is nonsense. It reminds me of the BS with having two Hercules movies so close to each other with the exception that Quicksilver isn't a lead.
It's not likely to matter anyway. Fox shoehorns in as many X-characters in as they can, whether they have personalities or not. At least in Avengers we can look forward to a Quicksilver with some characterization and depth.

Old 05-23-2013, 08:10 PM   #263
Saitou Hajime
Side-Kick

We have infinitely better odds getting a fleshed out and memorable Quicksilver in TA2 than in DOFP, where he'd probably be just another random mutant decked in leather with a throwaway name drop and utilized just to showcase his powers.

Edit: Yeah, what Whiskey said.

Saitou Hajime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 08:18 PM   #264
Roose Bolton
Blood of the First Men

I think I'd care more if Pietro was actually an interesting Avenger. Wanda ftw

Old 05-23-2013, 08:22 PM   #265
Whiskey Tango
1964 ~ 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperT View Post
Yeah the best I could find was a dailysuperhero dot com 'article' (lol) where their 'unnamed legal source' (lolol) offered his 'opinion' (lololol) on contracts he hasn't read. And nothing in the original quote from Feige from April 2012 hints at a first come, first serve issue.

I really wish people wouldn't post their supposition as fact.

Old 05-23-2013, 08:29 PM   #266
Zarex
Side-Kick

Quote:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

I do wonder, however, if whoever shows the twins first controls their onscreen appearance. Despite the Baum books being in the public domain, Disney had to alter the appearance of Oz and change the flying monkeys to baboons for their prequel to avoid matching the 1939 MGM film. If Singer puts Pietro in a powder blue suit with a lightning bolt - I know, he probably won't - will Whedon have to go with a green outfit?

Zarex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 08:39 PM   #267
Eddie
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarex View Post
I do wonder, however, if whoever shows the twins first controls their onscreen appearance. Despite the Baum books being in the public domain, Disney had to alter the appearance of Oz and change the flying monkeys to baboons for their prequel to avoid matching the 1939 MGM film. If Singer puts Pietro in a powder blue suit with a lightning bolt - I know, he probably won't - will Whedon have to go with a green outfit?
It's possible. If that happens, Marvel should look into throwing a version of Wolverine on an Agents of Shield episode of Agents of SHIELD that wears blue and yellow. It avoids matching the Fox films!

Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 08:48 PM   #268
Chewy
REDACTED

Every Marvel movie from now, Sony and Fox ones included, should feature a small appearance from Quicksilver. Played by a different actor each time

Chewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 08:52 PM   #269
Saitou Hajime
Side-Kick

According to Borys Kit from THR, Fox and Marvel can use "Quicksilver" and "Pietro" respectively, and this is Fox marking their line on the sand and taking a shot at Marvel.

Saitou Hajime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 08:56 PM   #270
The Batman
The Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon sexton View Post
I think I'd care more if Pietro was actually an interesting Avenger. Wanda ftw
This. IMO, let fox have QS. As long as they use Wanda, who has a more integral role in Avenger mythology, I'm good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon sexton View Post
Yeah but those people are ****s more or less. :o
The Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 09:25 PM   #271
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Quote:
Man I can tell this forum is going to be the same nonsense for weeks on end now that this random tweet from Singer went out.
I don't get why you're so adamantly against some type of shared universe between any of the 3 companies that use marvel characters. Sure it's unlikely but there's chance it can happen and it's fun to speculate how, whether that be as small as Oscorp tower in Avengers or as big as the universes one day merging.. it's no more nonsense than anything else said on these boards.

You make the connect that this happening is because of one stupid wanting to 'stick it' to the other, but maybe it's the start of something bigger? Too soon to tell, but you never know.

Old 05-23-2013, 09:30 PM   #272
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
Every Marvel movie from now, Sony and Fox ones included, should feature a small appearance from Quicksilver. Played by a different actor each time
Classic.

Old 05-23-2013, 09:32 PM   #273
The Question
Objectivism doesn't work.

Quote:
They can't be the same character. Fox owns the rights to Quicksilver who's a "mutant" and Magneto is his father.

The MCU can make no references to this with theirs so his origins will change. All this does is make an audience member (non-comic fan) who sees this wonder what the hell is going on, especially if the same actor was cast - which it won't be if he's still going to be in A2.

This is FOX trying to grab some shine glistening off the MCU right now due to grey area rights of the character. Immature move and ironically it's not like most of the GA has any idea who Quicksilver is in the first place.
So it's entirely impossible that they sat down in a room and had a meeting as soon as one party realized that they wanted to use a character both parties had the rights to? It's seems very unlikely to me that a meeting like that never took place.

Also, as for the same character/same actor thing: If his backstory is set up in DOFP, then they wouldn't really need to give him an origin in Avengers, would they?

Old 05-23-2013, 09:35 PM   #274
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Question View Post
So it's entirely impossible that they sat down in a room and had a meeting as soon as one party realized that they wanted to use a character both parties had the rights to? It's seems very unlikely to me that a meeting like that never took place.

Also, as for the same character/same actor thing: If his backstory is set up in DOFP, then they wouldn't really need to give him an origin in Avengers, would they?
We are talking about Fox. So yeah, pretty impossible.

If this is Fox simply acting like fools I hope it means that Whedon includes them in Avengers 2 for sure.

Old 05-23-2013, 09:35 PM   #275
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Question View Post

I'm thinking they do that as well. You don't need to give his entire backstory and lineage in A2 just to add him.. he's a dude who runs fast and is either a good or bad guy.. They never explained anything about Hawkeye in A1 all you need to know is what he does.