The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Age of Ultron

Old 05-23-2013, 10:40 PM   #276
The Question
Objectivism doesn't work.

Default Re: The Official Quicksilver thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
We are talking about Fox. So yeah, pretty impossible.
What does that mean, exactly?

Sure, Fox News is horrible, and they've got an extremely shaky track record with their television properties, but I would imagine that meetings like that about licensed properties are fairly routine for a movie studio and something you kind of have to do just to stay in business.

Besides, I doubt either director wouldn't have asked for a meeting like that when the thought to use the character occurred to them.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
The Question is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 10:40 PM   #277
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

The origin thing is a non-issue. You can have backstory without having anything to do with Magento. Heck, they probably will not even know who their father is and that could play into them no knowing where their abilities come from.

Old 05-23-2013, 10:41 PM   #278
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Question View Post
What does that mean, exactly?

Sure, Fox News is horrible, and they've got an extremely shaky track record with their television properties, but I would imagine that meetings like that about licensed properties are fairly routine for a movie studio and something you kind of have to do just to stay in business.
Nothing to do with any of that. It is how they handle their film properties. They are the kings of studio interference. There is a reason why Last Stand happened the way it did. Why it had three directors or why First Class was rushed out the door.

Old 05-23-2013, 10:47 PM   #279
Farren
Side Kicker

Quote:
We are talking about Fox. So yeah, pretty impossible.

If this is Fox simply acting like fools I hope it means that Whedon includes them in Avengers 2 for sure.
I'm guessing Marvel gave Joss the greenlight to use them knowing full well that there was a possibility of stirring up trouble with Fox.

Besides, DofP is so crowded right now, QS will be lucky to get five lines of dialogue. Marvel knows this. They have a chance to establish SW and QS as developed characters in their films. And now that whatever truce there was between the studios about the twins has been broken, they would be foolish to back down now.

Old 05-23-2013, 10:48 PM   #280
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farren View Post
I'm guessing Marvel gave Joss the greenlight to use them knowing full well that there was a possibility of stirring up trouble with Fox.

Besides, DofP is so crowded right now, QS will be lucky to get five lines of dialogue. Marvel knows this. They have a chance to establish SW and QS as developed characters in their films. And now that whatever truce there was between the studios about the twins has been broken, they would be foolish to back down now.
Well I hope you are right. Especially with the Ronan news.

Old 05-23-2013, 10:50 PM   #281
The Question
Objectivism doesn't work.

I'm not saying that Fox are a bunch of great guys or that there's no possibility that there's a problem here. I'm just saying that people should cool their jets until we actually know what's going on.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
The Question is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 10:52 PM   #282
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
I guarantee he wasn't in the DoFP script until word got out that Marvel was using him in Avengers 2 LOL
I doubt this was a last minute thing. Both Fox and Marvel probably had plans to use them and decided to make a deal for it. Feige implied this last week when he said there was a specific arrangement in place for both studios to use the characters.

Mr. Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 10:53 PM   #283
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

I would not want SW and QS to be in the avengers and only be called pietro and Wanda.

3. The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies
4. Guardians of the Galaxy
5. Interstellar

Quasimod0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 10:54 PM   #284
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
I doubt this was a last minute thing. Both Fox and Marvel probably had plans to use them and decided to make a deal for it. Feige implied this last week when he said there was a specific arrangement in place for both studios to use the characters.
That isn't what is being said. If anything, this is showing the exact opposite. A bunch of line drawing.

Old 05-23-2013, 10:59 PM   #285
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post
Yep.

Well maybe Marvel will pull a plan b and use Wasp and Ant/Giant Man (Pym) instead.
No he didn't. He said both studios can use them as long as they don't refer to each other's rights, i.e. Fox can't talk about them being Avengers and Marvel can't talk about them being mutants.

Quote:
That isn't what is being said. If anything, this is showing the exact opposite. A bunch of line drawing.
Being said by who?

Old 05-23-2013, 11:01 PM   #286
Farren
Side Kicker

Quote:
That arrangement has always been there. They both have the rights. I believe that was what he was referring to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasimod0 View Post
I would not want SW and QS to be in the avengers and only be called pietro and Wanda.
Really? They're just code names.

As far as I'm concerned, they can call them anything they want, so long as they remain true to the characterizations and they rescue them from wallowing in Fox's movies.

Last edited by Farren; 05-23-2013 at 11:06 PM.
Farren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 11:05 PM   #287
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

I think the generational gap needs to be considered by people thinking Evan will play both iterations of the character. DoFP is set in the 1970s, Avengers in the 2010s. Unless you think QS and SW will be 50, it'll be a different actor or a different character.

(general statement directed at no one in particular)

pr0xyt0xin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 11:09 PM   #288
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
No he didn't. He said both studios can use them as long as they don't refer to each other's rights, i.e. Fox can't talk about them being Avengers and Marvel can't talk about them being mutants.

Being said by who?
http://www.hitfix.com/motion-capture...the-avengers-2

Old 05-23-2013, 11:13 PM   #289
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

It's not worth the hassle methinks of trying to outdo the other. It's like children pretending to be superheros and both choosing the same one. "No I wanna use Quicksilver!"

Meanwhile, this comes to mind:

Old 05-23-2013, 11:15 PM   #290
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farren View Post
That arrangement has always been there. They both have the rights. I believe that was what he was referring to.
The way he worded it made it sound like the studios sat down and negotiated terms in using the characters. This was inevitable and I think people are blowing this Marvel vs. Fox thing out of proportion. Both studios probably knew they were going to be using the characters relatively soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
I think the generational gap needs to be considered by people thinking Evan will play both iterations of the character. DoFP is set in the 1970s, Avengers in the 2010s. Unless you think QS and SW will be 50, it'll be a different actor or a different character.

(general statement directed at no one in particular)
Quicksilver could be a future character you know, especially if he's Magneto's son.

Quote:
That article doesn't say this was last minute and the only facts presented are regurgitations of what we've known this entire time. Most of it sounds like speculation of the animosity of the situation on the writer's part.

Old 05-23-2013, 11:16 PM   #291
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Quote:
Quicksilver could be a future character you know, especially if he's Magneto's son.
Fair point. I was just throwing out my initial reaction.

Old 05-23-2013, 11:17 PM   #292
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
The way he worded it made it sound like the studios sat down and negotiated terms in using the characters. This was inevitable and I think people are blowing this Marvel vs. Fox thing out of proportion. Both studios probably knew they were going to be using the characters relatively soon.

That article doesn't say this was last minute and the only facts presented are regurgitations of what we've known this entire time. Most of it sounds like speculation of the animosity of the situation on the writer's part.
That is what you boil McWeeny down to?

Old 05-23-2013, 11:17 PM   #293
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
It's not worth the hassle methinks of trying to outdo the other. It's like children pretending to be superheros and both choosing the same one. "No I wanna use Quicksilver!"

Meanwhile, this comes to mind:

Sheldon is by far the best flash..

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
( http://www.family1stclothingco.com/ )
mkilban2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 11:22 PM   #294
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelsior. View Post
That article states that Singer designed a scene with Quicksilver's power in mind. Unless you can design a scene in less than a week or something that means Singer wanted to use him in his film for a long time; that it is not, after all, a reactionary phallic move by Fox. But of course I don't expect anybody to consider that. Fox is the villian; Marvel is the hero.
I agree with this post. I'm not a Fox fan by any stretch of the imagination but people are totally blowing this out of proportion, as they do with a lot of these stories. Singer has stated in the past, last year I believe, that he's wanted to use Quicksilver, and it's very doubtful that they're shoehorning a whole action set piece into the script at the last minute. This has been in the works, and I'm positive both studios knew they would be using the characters at the same time eventually given what Feige has said on the matter.

Old 05-23-2013, 11:24 PM   #295
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkilban2 View Post
I don't get why you're so adamantly against some type of shared universe between any of the 3 companies that use marvel characters. Sure it's unlikely but there's chance it can happen and it's fun to speculate how, whether that be as small as Oscorp tower in Avengers or as big as the universes one day merging.. it's no more nonsense than anything else said on these boards.

You make the connect that this happening is because of one stupid wanting to 'stick it' to the other, but maybe it's the start of something bigger? Too soon to tell, but you never know.
That is where you're wrong. I said Fox beat them to the punch ..... Since Whedon made it official the twins would be in A2, this now gives Fox some MCU marketing shine even thought the two depictions of the same character will be entirely different and entirely different actors.

The "shared universe" amongst 3 different studios is entirely illogical from a coordination among multiple studio creative teams and most importantly from a financial standpoint. Disney/Marvel is the head honcho here, they have no reason to want to "share" profit with any of these studios. I mean c'mon we're talking about Marvel Studios here who are the biggest penny counters there are. The need to "share" a universe is simply a rabid fanboy thing. These are businesses the studios are running and the MCU has more than enough characters to last without needing to throw any of these other flailing comic studios a bone.

We've been over all this ad nauseam. Suggesting harmless easter eggs like the Oscorp Tower does not change one iota of what I just described. In that same tone then since the Millenium Falcon showed up in Star Trek, that must mean one day they're attempting to share the same universe.

Rock Sexton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 11:25 PM   #296
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Quote:

Especially? I'd say he has less of a chance of being Magneto's son in the future than he does in the past. For example, Fassbender's Magneto is in his 30's in FC, so it's possible he got with some woman before the events of FC and birthed a son that would be in his 20s by the 70's.

Old 05-23-2013, 11:25 PM   #297
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
That is what you boil McWeeny down to?
That's what I'm boiling that article he wrote down to, yes. The only facts he gave there we've known this entire time (sans the role the character will have in both films) and the rest sounds like his opinion on the relationship between the two studios on face value of Fox trying to use the same character as Marvel. However, as some of us know, both studios have known for a while now that they would eventually be using the Maximoffs at the same time, there was an arrangement put in place for it. When I read Feige had said that last week I found the wording odd because i sounded like he was implying Fox would use the characters, and here we are. It really doesn't seem that antagonistic when you take into context the entire situation and not just the fact Fox and Marvel are using the same characters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
Especially? I'd say he has less of a chance of being Magneto's son in the future than he does in the past. For example, Fassbender's Magneto is in his 30's in FC, so it's possible he got with some woman before the events of FC and birthed a son that would be in his 20s by the 70's.
This is true, I didn't realize Magneto was in his 30's in FC. Still, I'd think it more likely he'd be a future character.

Last edited by Mr. Dent; 05-23-2013 at 11:29 PM.
Old 05-23-2013, 11:29 PM   #298
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
That's what I'm boiling that article he wrote down to, yes. The only facts he gave there we've known this entire time (sans the role the character will have in both films) and the rest sounds like his opinion on the relationship between the two studios on face value of Fox trying to use the same character as Marvel. However, as some of us know, both studios have known for a while now that they would eventually be using the Maximoffs at the same time, there was an arrangement put in place for it. When I read Feige had said that last week I found the wording odd because i sounded like he was implying Fox would use the characters, and here we are. It really doesn't seem that antagonistic when you take into context the entire situation and not just the fact Fox and Marvel are using the same characters.
Drew's musing don't come out of thin air. If he is writing this, it has some foundation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
Especially when you consider Quicksilver is played by someone who can still play a teen.

Old 05-23-2013, 11:29 PM   #299
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
Oh you mean that antagonistic "Before he was an Avenger" tweet Singer took down?

Please show us via sources that both studios have known for a long time the other was planning to use the same character in a movie that would be closely released to the other.

Rock Sexton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 11:32 PM   #300
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Quote:
This is true, I didn't realize Magneto was in his 30's in FC. Still, I'd think it more likely he'd be a future character.
I'd love to see QS taking on Sentinels, so I hope you're right. I just doubt it.

Quote:
Especially when you consider Quicksilver is played by someone who can still play a teen.
Yeah, good point.