The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Age of Ultron

Old 05-23-2013, 11:32 PM   #301
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Default Re: The Official Quicksilver thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
Oh you mean that antagonistic "Before he was an Avenger" tweet Singer took down?

Please show us via sources that both studios have known for a long time the other was planning to use the same character in a movie that would be closely released to the other.
We aren't allowed to bring that fact into play.

Old 05-23-2013, 11:34 PM   #302
Eddie
Side-Kick

Does Marvel get to look at X-Men scripts prior to full production on the films? I would assume they do (It recently came to light that Akira Toriyama was shown the Dragonball Evolution script prior to production, and he advised Fox to not use it. They didn't listen). If that's the case, Marvel would have known what characters were set to be in the film.

Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 11:35 PM   #303
Roose Bolton
Blood of the First Men

I love, that this is getting so much attention when Pietro's role in either film will be a supporting role at best. I hope they make him the Ultimate version, incest and all.

Old 05-23-2013, 11:38 PM   #304
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
Yeah and those "extroardinary people" have had their powers explained. Having said that since at Fox Quicksilver's powers are "mutant" then an A2 Quicksilver inevitably needs some other form of explanation. You can't just plot him out there as an empty character. It breaks from all the "explaining" you did for other heroes and villains unlike.
Well you know, there's that hole in the brain of every human that gives them powers when activated that AIM was experimenting on...

As for his backstory as a whole, it doesn't include Magneto at all. I've said this about 4756394758475 times already, but Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch's origin DO NOT include Magneto. Him being their father was a retcon and their entire history prior to them finding out about him being their father 20 years after their first appearance can only be told by Marvel. Wanda and Pietro are orphans whose mother ran away from their power hungry father and left them with an entity known as the High Evolutionary, who then gave them to a Gypsy couple to raise. Right before that, another entity known as Chthon imbued Wanda with hex powers so he could one day take over her body. This has absolutely nothing to do with them being mutants or them being the children of Magneto, and this could even be used to explain their powers as the High Evolutionary experiments on creatures to "evolve" them. Their history as Avengers characters far outweigh their history as Magneto's children and their role in the MU as mutants.

Mr. Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 11:38 PM   #305
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon sexton View Post
I hope they make him the Ultimate version, incest and all.

Ew, no thanks.

Old 05-23-2013, 11:40 PM   #306
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
I love, that this is getting so much attention when Pietro's role in either film will be a supporting role at best. I hope they make him the Ultimate version, incest and all.
Even the supporting roles matter in a Joss film.

Old 05-23-2013, 11:42 PM   #307
Roose Bolton
Blood of the First Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
Even the supporting roles matter in a Joss film.
Bah, BAH I say!

The only role that matters in Joss' films is Mark Ruffalo's.

Old 05-23-2013, 11:42 PM   #308
SpideyFan866
Hero Support

Not sure if its been posted here, but the latest updates for HitFix on the Quicksilver story says that Fox has the rights to use the Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch names while Marvel has the rights to use the Pietro Maximoff and Wanda Maximoff names.

SpideyFan866 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 11:43 PM   #309
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
Oh you mean that antagonistic "Before he was an Avenger" tweet Singer took down?
Where was I talking about that at?

Quote:
Please show us via sources that both studios have known for a long time the other was planning to use the same character in a movie that would be closely released to the other.
Read Feige's past comments. It's not that hard to find the interview, it was released jsut last week. He specifically said there was an arrangement in place for both studios to use the characters. This means they sat down and made a deal to use the characters. That means they've both known they would eventually be using the characters in their respective film series. It's not that hard to grasp this stuff.

Old 05-23-2013, 11:45 PM   #310
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Bah, BAH I say!

The only role that matters in Joss' films is Mark Ruffalo's.
That isn't unfair.

Old 05-23-2013, 11:45 PM   #311
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
No, it sounds like he and Wanda will be integral characters in A2 while in DOFP he will just be used in one action scene. Major difference in roles.

Old 05-23-2013, 11:45 PM   #312
Roose Bolton
Blood of the First Men

Old 05-23-2013, 11:47 PM   #313
Roose Bolton
Blood of the First Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
No, it sounds like he and Wanda will be integral characters in A2 while in DOFP he will just be used in one action scene. Major difference in roles.
Ok.

Old 05-23-2013, 11:48 PM   #314
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Where was I talking about that at?

Read Feige's past comments. It's not that hard to find the interview, it was released jsut last week. He specifically said there was an arrangement in place for both studios to use the characters. This means they sat down and made a deal to use the characters. That means they've both known they would eventually be using the characters in their respective film series. It's not that hard to grasp this stuff.
I thought what he said was that the characters fall into a grey area and that both studios can use them. He also mentioned that they can't mention Magento and mutants and that Fox can't mention Avengers.

This was brought up because many have been wondering if they did have the rights to use the character.

Old 05-23-2013, 11:54 PM   #315
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
I thought what he said was that the characters fall into a grey area and that both studios can use them. He also mentioned that they can't mention Magento and mutants and that Fox can't mention Avengers.

This was brought up because many have been wondering if they did have the rights to use the character.
Yes he did say that at an event last year. But recently, like last week, he said there was an arrangement in place for both studios to use the characters when asked about them after the news about them being in A2 came out. It's very easy to find it and you probably already read it and didn't think much of the quote. But when you read between the lines, given the language he used it's clear they had sat down and made a legal arrangement as to how to go about using the character do they wouldn't step on each others' toes.

Old 05-23-2013, 11:55 PM   #316
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Yes he did say that at an event last year. But recently, like last week, he said there was an arrangement in place for both studios to use the characters when asked about them after the news about them being in A2 came out. It's very easy to find it and you probably already read it and didn't think much of the quote. But when you read between the lines, given the language he used it's clear they had sat down and made a legal arrangement as to how to go about using the character do they wouldn't step on each others' toes.
Could you provide the link? Because I honestly don't remember reading that and I have read a few things on it.

Old 05-24-2013, 12:06 AM   #317
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Son of a *****!

As soon as Whedon's plans for Wanda & Pietro became public, I just knew those bastards at Fox would cook up some plan to use them in a half-assed way just to screw Marvel over. So now Singer has a dumbass way to use Pietro in one scene, has just inserted him in and cast the role and is flinging **** Marvel's way on Twitter. Perfect. And just what I expected.

I had no interest in DOFP before, but now I hope it does as well as Jack the Giant Slayer did.

xeno000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 12:07 AM   #318
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
Could you provide the link? Because I honestly don't remember reading that and I have read a few things on it.
http://www.superherohype.com/news/ar...the-avengers-2

Quote:
"We both have them," Feige told SuperHeroHype last summer. "There's a specific arrangement with those two characters that would allow us to use them with 'Avengers,' but not discuss or reference their mutant or Magneto-related lineage. They can use them as mutants and as Magneto's relatives, but cannot have anything to do with 'The Avengers'."

Old 05-24-2013, 12:12 AM   #319
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
Son of a *****!

As soon as Whedon's plans for Wanda & Pietro became public, I just knew those bastards at Fox would cook up some plan to use them in a half-assed way just to screw Marvel over. So now Singer has a dumbass way to use Pietro in one scene, has just inserted him in and cast the role and is flinging **** Marvel's way on Twitter. Perfect. And just what I expected.

I had no interest in DOFP before, but now I hope it does as well as Jack the Giant Slayer did.

This is a perfect example of the wrong way to view the situation.

Old 05-24-2013, 12:14 AM   #320
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
This is a perfect example of the wrong way to view the situation.
lol, QFT

pr0xyt0xin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 12:18 AM   #321
Whiskey Tango
#N7DAY14

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
Son of a *****!

It doesn't matter. DoFP will feature the kid from American Horror Story using speed powers for a scene or two, while Avengers will have a fully fleshed-out, plot-relevant supporting character. That's a fair trade-off.

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Whiskey Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 12:20 AM   #322
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
It doesn't matter. DoFP will feature the kid from American Horror Story using speed powers for a scene or two, while Avengers will have a fully fleshed-out, plot-relevant supporting character. That's a fair trade-off.
Yeah I don't think the character will even be recognizable between the two films beyond having the same power. He won't even have teh same name.

Old 05-24-2013, 12:25 AM   #323
jmc
callin' it like I see it

I find it ironic people going on about how Avengers is more likely to fully flesh out a character when frankly they're going to have about as much time to do much with a second fiddle character as what Fox will. This thread has been a hoot to read.

Fanboys make excuses, real fans acknowledge screw-ups.

Do me a favour - don't break up my posts into multiple quotes when replying, I won't answer back.
jmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 12:28 AM   #324
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmc View Post
I find it ironic people going on about how Avengers is more likely to fully flesh out a character when frankly they're going to have about as much time to do much with a second fiddle character as what Fox will. This thread has been a hoot to read.
Wow. I usually like your posts but this is bad. Quicksilver will be used for ONE action sequence in DOFP while he will have an integral and large role in Avengers 2. It's completely different. Quicksilver will basically just be another glorified throwaway character in DOFP if this is true, and the unimaginative casting suggests that as well. It doesn't even sound like his role will be on the level of Havok's from FC.

Old 05-24-2013, 12:30 AM   #325
jmc
callin' it like I see it

Quote:
Wow. I usually like your posts but this is bad. Quicksilver will be used for ONE action sequence in DOFP while he will have an integral and large role in Avengers 2. It's completely different. Quicksilver will basically just be another glorified throwaway character in DOFP if this is true, and the unimaginative casting suggests that as well. It doesn't even sound like his role will be on the level of Havok's from FC.
People are blowing their collective ****s over nothing. Sorry, but the level of fanboyism is frankly absurd. I find it ironic you're willing to give Marvel the benefit of the doubt with the character but not Singer.

Fanboys make excuses, real fans acknowledge screw-ups.

Do me a favour - don't break up my posts into multiple quotes when replying, I won't answer back.

Last edited by jmc; 05-24-2013 at 12:33 AM.
jmc is offline   Reply With Quote