The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Age Of Ultron

Old 05-23-2013, 11:33 PM   #326
def28
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Official Quicksilver thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmc View Post
I find it ironic people going on about how Avengers is more likely to fully flesh out a character when frankly they're going to have about as much time to do much with a second fiddle character as what Fox will. This thread has been a hoot to read.
All signs point to Avengers 2 having the better character development here and the Brother Sister dynamic which is fairly essential. More so then the father son one.

Also with the mention of Quicksilver being there because of one sequence in Dofp goes with him being chosen becasue of his power which they did before in the series. Many henchman in Brian Singer's X films are mutes.

Last edited by def28; 05-23-2013 at 11:36 PM.
def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 11:33 PM   #327
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
People are blowing their collective ****s over nothing. Sorry, but the level of fanboyism is frankly absurd.
I agree people are completely overreacting and jumping to conclusions based totally off of their preconceived notions about Fox. But saying Quicksilver will have comparable roles in A2 and DOFP is not far from being just as bad.

Mr. Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 11:38 PM   #328
jmc
callin' it like I see it

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
All signs point to Avengers 2 having the better character development here and the Brother Sister dynamic which is fairly essential. More so then the father son one.

Also with the mention of Quicksilver being there because of one sequence in Dofp goes with him being chosen becasue of his power which they did before in the series. Many henchman in Brian Singer's X films are mutes.
Lets not start with the 'all signs' nonsense when Avengers had very little in terms of character development.

Fanboys make excuses, real fans acknowledge screw-ups.

Do me a favour - don't break up my posts into multiple quotes when replying, I won't answer back.
jmc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 11:42 PM   #329
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Lets not start with the 'all signs' nonsense when Avengers had very little in terms of character development.
Compared to the henchman of the X-Men films I dont think thats a fair comparison at all. I saw every character get their time and even Black Widow and HAwkeye developed more then the henchman in in the Xfilms.

Last edited by def28; 05-23-2013 at 11:49 PM.
Old 05-23-2013, 11:46 PM   #330
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

4/6 of the Avengers all developed a bit (the remaining 2 being Thor and Hawkeye).

Shikamaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 11:49 PM   #331
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post
4/6 of the Avengers all developed a bit (the remaining 2 being Thor and Hawkeye).
Fixed

Old 05-23-2013, 11:50 PM   #332
Eros
Side-Kick

Quote:
wasnt the whole point of the movie character interaction and development? Thats what made the movie so good, all the characters had an ego to some degree, they argued, but they had to learn to put that aside to save the earth. Thats what the avengers comics have always been about.

Old 05-23-2013, 11:57 PM   #333
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
It doesn't matter. DoFP will feature the kid from American Horror Story using speed powers for a scene or two, while Avengers will have a fully fleshed-out, plot-relevant supporting character. That's a fair trade-off.

You're right about that. Given Singer's attitude towards Pietro, as evidenced in the tweet he deleted, he's using the character for a throwaway scene that is meaningless in the greater scheme of things. It would shock me if the character says more than a line or two before being shuffled offscreen at the speed of sound. Also, if they don't use Wanda it's because Fox is too damn cheap to pay for proper FX to do her powers justice. Not that Singer has a single clue as to how to use CGI properly, anyway. Pietro is just a really fast kid to Singer, and he can stage that very cheaply.

xeno000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 12:01 AM   #334
SoNicRaDiATioN
Side-Kick

Well Whedon has said that he doesn't want to go bigger with TA2, but deeper. So I expect some excellent character development in the sequel. I think QS will be better handled in TA2. I'm worried that Bryan will give nothing more then a glorified cameo role to Quicksilver in DoFP considering all the characters already in play. Drews article made it sound like the most important function for QS in DoFP will be the role he plays in a specific action sequence. Bryan has shown deft touch with secondary/minor characters in his other X-Films, so I don't think he'll come across as trivial by any means. There were 6 empty headshots on the wall in that cast photo, so adding more characters to the frey isn't a surprise.

SoNicRaDiATioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 12:01 AM   #335
jmc
callin' it like I see it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eros View Post
wasnt the whole point of the movie character interaction and development? Thats what made the movie so good, all the characters had an ego to some degree, they argued, but they had to learn to put that aside to save the earth. Thats what the avengers comics have always been about.
I'm not saying there wasn't some form of character development, but it's nowhere near that in depth and frankly it wasn't the focus of the film, that's why I think people crapping on about this issue are just way too defensive about this whole who uses the character first nonsense because they're expecting something that frankly wasn't there to any great degree first time around. My issue is people are giving Marvel the definite of the doubt but not Singer who almost single handedly kicked off the modern Superhero genre.

Fanboys make excuses, real fans acknowledge screw-ups.

Do me a favour - don't break up my posts into multiple quotes when replying, I won't answer back.
jmc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 12:03 AM   #336
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoNicRaDiATioN View Post
Well Whedon has said that he doesn't want to go bigger with TA2, but deeper. So I expect some excellent character development in the sequel. I think QS will be better handled in TA2. I'm worried that Bryan will give nothing more then a glorified cameo role to Quicksilver in DoFP considering all the characters already in play. The Drews article made it sound like the most important function for QS will be the role he plays in a specific action sequence. Bryan has shown deft touch with secondary/minor characters in his other X-Films, so I don't think he'll come across as trivial.
Agreed for the most part, though I dont think Quicksilver will have much importance in DOfP. Im expecting a Sabertooth (X1), Toad, Azazel or Riptide type role. If he gives him more time that would be awesome.

Last edited by def28; 05-24-2013 at 12:14 AM.
Old 05-24-2013, 12:04 AM   #337
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
This is a perfect example of the wrong way to view the situation.
Hey, I wished Singer as much success as his most recent film has had. I consider that quite generous.

xeno000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 12:08 AM   #338
Eros
Side-Kick

Quote:
I'm not saying there wasn't some form of character development, but it's nowhere near that in depth and frankly it wasn't the focus of the film, that's why I think people crapping on about this issue are just way too defensive about this whole who uses the character first nonsense because they're expecting something that frankly wasn't there to any great degree first time around. My issue is people are giving Marvel the definite of the doubt but not Singer who almost single handedly kicked off the modern Superhero genre.
his superman fiasco doesn't help.

Old 05-24-2013, 12:14 AM   #339
SoNicRaDiATioN
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
Agreed for the most part, though I dont think Quicksilver will have much importance in DOfP. Im expecting a Sabertooth (X1), Toad, Azazel or Riptide type role.
If we get that much screen time out of QS, I'll be happy. Now lets hope Fox gives him at least 200 m to play with. He'll do wonders.

Old 05-24-2013, 12:18 AM   #340
ShaZam612
Side-Kick

Marvel should do a 2 episode arc on Agents of SHIELD where they track down a man with super speed, Aka Quicksilver, and then he becomes an agent. Then film a scene where he has to display his powers in CA:Winter Soldier similar to Hawkeye in Thor. Bam the A2 one is introduced and out before DOFP!

ShaZam612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 12:18 AM   #341
Eros
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoNicRaDiATioN View Post
If we get that much screen time out of QS, I'll be happy. Now lets hope Fox gives him at least 200 m to play with. He'll do wonders.
Based on his last 2 2oo million dollar films?

Old 05-24-2013, 12:20 AM   #342
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
Hey, I wished Singer as much success as his most recent film has had. I consider that quite generous.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
ThePowerCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 12:24 AM   #343
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
his superman fiasco doesn't help.
Come on now, Superman knocking up Lois Lane then leaving the planet for years is totally in keeping with the character.

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Whiskey Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 12:30 AM   #344
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

It was supposed to be the same version of Superman that had Rebuild-the-Great-Wall-of-China-Vision, flew around the world to reverse time, memory erasing kisses, took his S emblem off of his chest and threw it, etc.

The character wasn't kept in line to begin with.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 05-24-2013, 12:36 AM   #345
SoNicRaDiATioN
Side-Kick

Quote:
Based on his last 2 2oo million dollar films?
Yeah. For DoFP I don't think the 200 m dollar range is too big of a stretch.

Last edited by SoNicRaDiATioN; 05-24-2013 at 12:40 AM.
Old 05-24-2013, 12:40 AM   #346
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
It was supposed to be the same version of Superman that had Rebuild-the-Great-Wall-of-China-Vision, flew around the world to reverse time, memory erasing kisses, took his S emblem off of his chest and threw it, etc.

Yeah. Deadbeat dad totally compares to those other things. Knocking up a broad then taking off = awesome campy humor.

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Whiskey Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 12:44 AM   #347
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
Yeah. Deadbeat dad totally compares to those other things. Knocking up a broad then taking off = awesome campy humor.
Ooh, I'll play this game.

Deadbeat dad = Superman not knowing he got Lois pregnant, and leaving Earth to see if the planet he was born on was truly destroyed.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 05-24-2013, 12:47 AM   #348
Eros
Side-Kick

Quote:

THATS supposed to an excuse? Oddly enough the general populace remember those 30 year old zany superman movies, but have forgotten superman returns.

Old 05-24-2013, 12:47 AM   #349
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
Ooh, I'll play this game.

Deadbeat dad = Superman not knowing he got Lois pregnant, and leaving Earth to see if the planet he was born on was truly destroyed.
I wonder if Singer has daddy issues too.

Mr. Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 12:47 AM   #350
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Quote:
THATS supposed to an excuse? Oddly enough the general populace remember those 30 year old zany superman movies, but have forgotten superman returns.

No, it wasn't an excuse. It was a joke.

And the fact that the "general populace" might remmeber those 30 year old movies more is possibly because they've... Oh I don't know, been around much longer?

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.