The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Age Of Ultron

Old 05-23-2013, 03:36 PM   #151
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Official Quicksilver thread

All I know is I put a bit more faith in Joss in getting the casting and character right on this one.

Old 05-23-2013, 03:40 PM   #152
venom892
Got Lucky

My feeling is the Avengers script is just going to be rewritten. Without Quicksilver, I doubt Scarlet Witch will be included.They'll just be like Wasp for Avengers. Characters who were included in the initial draft, but not the final product. This is no way indicates a shared universe.

Vote for your favorites in The Battle of the Comic Book Films Tournament! here!
venom892 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 03:42 PM   #153
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Why would they rewrite the script when they have the rights to use the character? It doesn't really make sense.

Shikamaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 03:44 PM   #154
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

Kind of a jerk move by fox. If this frees up the roster for BP or ms marvel or the Pyms though, then it's all okay

Saving Mr. Banks- 9/10, Jack Ryan- 7/10, The Lego Movie- 9/10, Non-Stop- 8/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 10/10, The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8/10, Godzilla- 7/10, Days of Future Past- 8/10, Edge of Tomorrow- 8.5/10, Transformers 4- 7.5/10, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes- 10/10, Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10
Quasimod0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 03:45 PM   #155
Da Games Elite
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post
This. Let us not forget Mark Millar, the man in charge of helping Fox with there cbms moving foward, stated that he would love for the universes to be shared, crossovers or not.
Yeah, it's kind of important also to note that there have been talks of having all the Marvel films cooperating in some way.

By having X-Men characters in an Avengers film, but having the X-Men feature said characters first, that establishes a link that side-steps all the awkward explanations that could lead to rights issues.

I don't see why everyone here is just assuming that Fox and Marvel are trying to screw each other over. They both can use the characters...

Da Games Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 03:48 PM   #156
venom892
Got Lucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post
Why would they rewrite the script when they have the rights to use the character? It doesn't really make sense.
I pretty sure it's been stated that whoever uses Quicksilver or Scarlet Witch first, keeps them. Meaning Quicksilver cannot appear in A2 after being used in Days of Future Past.

Old 05-23-2013, 03:51 PM   #157
Chewy
REDACTED

Quote:
Ever since the record-annihilating opening weekend of "The Avengers" last year, I've been hearing speculation and questions about whether or not other studios who have the rights to certain Marvel characters would end up trying to strike a deal with Disney and Marvel Studios to include those characters in some sort of cross-over situation that would allow them to appear in a future "Avengers" film.

At the moment, I would not bet on that happening with 20th Century Fox.

This is not a situation where the two different companies are working together to try and create a sense of a larger shared world. In fact, if either of them could get the other to back off, they would. The thing is, Bryan Singer has designed a sequence that he feels only works with Quicksilver, and Joss Whedon feels that there is a pressing reason for Quicksilver to show up in "The Avengers 2," and so what we're going to see is a legally-negotiated stand-off in which we'll get two totally different versions of one character. While they may act like things are amicable in public, HitFix sources say otherwise.
More at the link:

http://www.hitfix.com/motion-capture...the-avengers-2

Chewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 03:52 PM   #158
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

lol, So Fox beat Marvel to the punch with Viper, now it's Quicksilver.

Dayum.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
ThePowerCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 03:54 PM   #159
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Oh this is going to be good ....

The "shared universe" dreamers are going to be nonstop now. Ignoring logic that Fox simply beat them to the punch.

Rock Sexton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 03:54 PM   #160
venom892
Got Lucky

So we are going to get two Quicksilvers?

Old 05-23-2013, 03:54 PM   #161
Chewy
REDACTED

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom892 View Post
Yes.

Old 05-23-2013, 03:54 PM   #162
Silvermoth
Avenger

That's a disgusting trick on fox's part. They literally ran in and grabbed any actor they could find just to try and cash in on the avengers. He's not even a British actor.

I bet he serves no purpose at all to the story. They can go f*** themselves

Can't wait for X-men: apocalypse!!
Silvermoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 03:57 PM   #163
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
Would be utterly ridiculous. It's not like Quicksilver is the key to an entire A2 storyline. Whedon's a better writer than that.

Rock Sexton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 03:58 PM   #164
venom892
Got Lucky

I had hope for DOFP, But now it is looking really cluttered.Despite merging what's left of the OT cast and the important players from First class, it is also adding Bishop, Blink, Warpath and now Quicksilver.No way every one gets fleshed out.

Old 05-23-2013, 03:59 PM   #165
Chewy
REDACTED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
Would be utterly ridiculous. It's not like Quicksilver is the key to an entire A2 storyline. Whedon's a better writer than that.
It's really not that big a deal. Singer apparently wants to use him for one action sequence only, Whedon plans to use him as a major character in the movie.

If this finally puts an end to the "multi-studio shared universe!" fanwank I'm all for it

Old 05-23-2013, 03:59 PM   #166
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Anyone else even more annoyed with WB than before with these recent Quicksilver news? The only thing sadder than Quicksilver appearing in live-action before Flash is having two different versions of Quicksilver appear in live-action before Flash.

Make that Flash movie already, WB!

Quote:
I pretty sure it's been stated that whoever uses Quicksilver or Scarlet Witch first, keeps them. Meaning Quicksilver cannot appear in A2 after being used in Days of Future Past.
I haven't heard that. I specifically remember reading an interview with Feige where he was asked if they had the rights to use certain characters like Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, the Kree, and the Skrulls. He specifically said that those certain characters like those are in a "grey shaded area" meaning that both studios share the rights to them. If it was true that only the first studio that uses them has the rights to them, he would've said that.

Shikamaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 04:00 PM   #167
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:
What is going to be utterly ridiculous is when Whedon kills it with his interpretation of the siblings.

Old 05-23-2013, 04:00 PM   #168
Blackman
C'mon Son

Quote:
I had hope for DOFP, But now it is looking really cluttered.Despite merging what's left of the OT cast and the important players from First class, it is also adding Bishop, Blink, Warpath and now Quicksilver.No way every one gets fleshed out.
how much are the original cast in it for anyway? I assumed they probably only have limited screentime before getting killed off like in the comic, besides the time traveler of course

Blackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 04:01 PM   #169
Chewy
REDACTED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post
Anyone else even more annoyed with WB than before with these recent Quicksilver news? The only thing sadder than Quicksilver appearing in live-action before Flash is having two different versions of Quicksilver appear in live-action before Flash.
Three, apparently he had a cameo in that Wolverine movie. According to the X-boards, at least

Old 05-23-2013, 04:01 PM   #170
venom892
Got Lucky

Quote:
I agree. From rumors, It would seem Black Panther is also in A2 and I would think more central to the plot. I would replace Wanda with Wasp and spread the Quicksilver screen time around to the other characters. But I don't know anything Whedon has planned, so maybe he feels that Quicksilver is important to the story he is trying to tell.

Old 05-23-2013, 04:01 PM   #171
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
It's really not that big a deal. Singer apparently wants to use him for one action sequence only, Whedon plans to use him as a major character in the movie.
Singer feels that QS is necessary for an action sequence in the movie. Doesn't mean he won't be a prominent character in DOFP in addition.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
ThePowerCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 04:01 PM   #172
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

Quote:
I kind of agree. Depends on what fox is doing with him. I'd rather whedon not use quicksilver and SW now though

Saving Mr. Banks- 9/10, Jack Ryan- 7/10, The Lego Movie- 9/10, Non-Stop- 8/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 10/10, The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8/10, Godzilla- 7/10, Days of Future Past- 8/10, Edge of Tomorrow- 8.5/10, Transformers 4- 7.5/10, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes- 10/10, Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10
Quasimod0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 04:02 PM   #173
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:
If this were true, you know what would happen right?

TDW or TWS post-credit Scarlett Witch/Quicksliver scene.

Old 05-23-2013, 04:02 PM   #174
Chewy
REDACTED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
Singer feels that QS is necessary for an action sequence in the movie. Doesn't mean he won't be a prominent character in DOFP in addition.
McWeeny says he'll only be used in one action sequence. From the article
Quote:
He's shooting first, so presumably, he will win the showdown in terms of being the first to define the character on film. Marvel has larger plans for the character, though, and wants to use him for more than just one action sequence.

Old 05-23-2013, 04:04 PM   #175
Superhero 101
DESI

I hope joss sticks with his script and has quicksilver and scarlet