Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Age Of Ultron

Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2013, 04:35 AM   #351
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Default Re: The Official Scarlet Witch Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
Jason and Justine Bateman almost played a couple and they really ARE siblings!
Huh? When did they nearly do that? And wouldn't that have been extremely awkward with the love scenes? Unless of course they were into that. That was a bullet well dodged.

Old 08-21-2013, 04:50 AM   #352
Silvermoth
Avenger

Eh I don't like the idea of Olsen as wanda. She's too waify. I'm sure marvel can do better.

Olsen probably has a part in the marvel u eventually but not as wanda

Old 08-21-2013, 06:51 AM   #353
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
It came from Bleeding Cool so 8/10 times it's going to be true, and 10/10 times there's going to be truth to it.

And the only thing I can think of that would lead to her turning it down despite saying what she did back in May is the multi-picture deal. A lot of actors are hesitant with those long term commitments and she definitely would be since she's so young.
I don't think I would go as far to say its 8/10 times true. Bleeding Cool's record is just as spotty, if not more so, than Comic Book Movie's.

Could they be considering their options now, and adding Elisabeth Olsen to the mix? Very possibly. But did Saoirse just straight up pass? IDK. I think that's a bit doubtful. Plus, anyone signing up for these films would know damn well by now that it would be a multi film comittment from what we've arleady seen so far. So I don't think that would be the reason, despite being the most obvious conclusion to jump to.

Plus earlier reports say that they were going to be auditioning multiple actresses for the role. Not they they outright say it, but BC kinda makes it seemed like they offered it to Saoirse with no one else in mind.

And let us not forget SHH's very own report that said:

Quote:
They're generally looking for actors in their 20s and we've heard word that the "prototype" for their Scarlet Witch is none other than Irish actress Saoirse Ronan. Except something to note is that they're going "British" for the role rather than trying to have actors playing Eastern Europeans.
Yes, Saoirse is Irish, but the point still stand that they WOULDN'T be casting from a pool of non english/european actors.

Could that have changed? Yes. Could I be wrong? Yes. But this all just seems a little fishy to me.

Yeah, I'm just worried that if Pan of Steel isn't widely accepted by the audience and critics, they might try to shoehorn Pinocchio into the sequel, and we all know how long Hollywood has been trying to do a 'Pan vs Pinocchio' team up movie.
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer

Last edited by SpideyFan866; 08-21-2013 at 07:01 AM.
Old 08-21-2013, 08:28 AM   #354
xeno000
Raining hell from above

All of these sites are reporting rumors, and sometimes reporting them as facts. SHH said that Marvel is looking exclusively at British actors to play the twins, but that could have either been untrue or it might have changed since the posted it.

Another factor is that the same casting director, Sarah Finn, is working on AoU and Godzilla. Both Olsen and Aaron Taylor-Johnson are in Godzilla, so Finn might simply like both actors and want to use them in AoU.

Old 08-21-2013, 08:41 AM   #355
Lobo
Willa ♥

I wanted Olsen for Episode VII but I'd be cool with her as Wanda

Old 08-21-2013, 09:04 AM   #356
smashmode
House Stark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crockett View Post
It's a bummer if Saoirse really did pass on the role, perhaps it's the multi-picture contract that's making her hesitant, anyway if it's true I wouldn't mind Elizabeth for the role as she's a great actress in her own right.

That is what others have stated..they didn't want to be locked into a 6 picture deal etc. But Avengers is now a surefire hit, there should be no concern, unless she just does not want to be attached to a 6 picture deal.

Old 08-21-2013, 09:41 AM   #357
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post
I don't think I would go as far to say its 8/10 times true. Bleeding Cool's record is just as spotty, if not more so, than Comic Book Movie's.
I've rarely seen BC be wrong and when they are technically "wrong" about something there was always truth to it. They're far more reliable than CBM and they're not one of those sites that regularly rumor monger. They only report on rumors they are at least 95% sure about. In this case I wouldn't even call this a "rumor" because Marvel talking to actors is one of the easier bits of info to find out.

Quote:
Could they be considering their options now, and adding Elisabeth Olsen to the mix? Very possibly. But did Saoirse just straight up pass? IDK. I think that's a bit doubtful. Plus, anyone signing up for these films would know damn well by now that it would be a multi film comittment from what we've arleady seen so far. So I don't think that would be the reason, despite being the most obvious conclusion to jump to.

Plus earlier reports say that they were going to be auditioning multiple actresses for the role. Not they they outright say it, but BC kinda makes it seemed like they offered it to Saoirse with no one else in mind.
Considering we haven't heard anything from/about Saoirse since that statement in May and they're already deep in talks with a Quicksilver I'd say it's very likely she passed on the role, otherwise we would have heard more follow up. Like it or not, this is the first bit of casting news we've heard on Wanda since SHH just said they were using Ronan as a prototype.

And "earlier reports" also indicated they would be looking at multiple actors for both roles but all we've heard about with Quicksilver is Aaron Johnson. What's more likely is that Joss looked at a bunch of young actors and decided on the ones he thought would best fit the role, rather than formally auditioning for it.

Quote:
And let us not forget SHH's very own report that said:

Yes, Saoirse is Irish, but the point still stand that they WOULDN'T be casting from a pool of non english/european actors.

Could that have changed? Yes. Could I be wrong? Yes. But this all just seems a little fishy to me.
Yes they're making the characters British. That doesn't mean they're ONLY looking at British/European actors to play the role. As the BC report stated, Olsen would have to adopt a British accent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
All of these sites are reporting rumors, and sometimes reporting them as facts. SHH said that Marvel is looking exclusively at British actors to play the twins, but that could have either been untrue or it might have changed since the posted it.
The BC report said she'd have to adopt a British accent. Which shouldn't be too hard for her.

Old 08-21-2013, 10:02 AM   #358
smashmode
House Stark

Old 08-21-2013, 10:03 AM   #359
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

She did the Host.... How the hell do you pass on the Avengers after doing the Host?!?!

I don't think I have ever been this disappointed about an actress before. She has done some poor films recently after doing quite well. I just don't get it. This was perfect casting. The perfect look and the great skill to go with it. Horrible decision making if true.

Last edited by DarthSkywalker; 08-21-2013 at 10:08 AM.
Old 08-21-2013, 10:06 AM   #360
The Question
Objectivism doesn't work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
Huh? When did they nearly do that? And wouldn't that have been extremely awkward with the love scenes? Unless of course they were into that. That was a bullet well dodged.
On Arrested Development. It was done as a joke.

Old 08-21-2013, 10:57 AM   #361
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
She did the Host.... How the hell do you pass on the Avengers after doing the Host?!?!

I don't think I have ever been this disappointed about an actress before. She has done some poor films recently after doing quite well. I just don't get it. This was perfect casting. The perfect look and the great skill to go with it. Horrible decision making if true.

If it's true that Ronan passed on AoU, it could be for a variety of reasons. She might have a scheduling conflict, for one thing. Or her agent could be giving her awful advice. Maybe she's afraid of losing her indie street cred. Someone on another forum claims that Ronan wants to take only lead roles, but I don't know if there's any truth to that.

Old 08-21-2013, 11:35 AM   #362
Loki882
Side-Kick

Or Ronan doesn't want to be locked into a multi-picture deal, which could prevent her from taking other roles. Olsen is a great young actress and would be an acceptable choice for Wanda. I wonder if it is mere coincidence that she and Aaron Johnson are co-starring together in Godzilla, or if maybe he suggested her.

Old 08-21-2013, 12:09 PM   #363
TheFBI
Side-Kick

It could be that if they really did lock in Aaron that theyll use their "romantic" chemistry" as a basis for sibling chemistry in TA. If they get along well in Godzilla that is.

Old 08-21-2013, 01:02 PM   #364
Majik1387
Casting Extraodinaire ;D

Count me in the unimpressed with Olsen camp.

Old 08-21-2013, 01:46 PM   #365
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

It would be funny if she gets it seeing as Aaron Taylor Johnson is pretty much all but signed for the part of Pietro.

Going from two lovers in Godzilla to siblings in AoU. Kinky stuff right there.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Old 08-21-2013, 01:54 PM   #366
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majik1387 View Post
Count me in the unimpressed with Olsen camp.
She seems a solid enough actress but isn't a selection* I'm particularly excited about.

*if rumor is accurate

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 08-21-2013, 01:55 PM   #367
conan69
Cimmerian

Last edited by conan69; 08-21-2013 at 02:15 PM.
Old 08-21-2013, 02:03 PM   #368
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

I'm not understanding this dramatic backlash against Olsen. She's a beautiful actress who I personally think captures the Wanda's look more accurately than Ronan did. Plus in terms of figure neither of them exactly looked like Wanda either so I don't see how some can complain about Olsen's body type yet not about Ronan. Seems hypocritical to me.

I really like Olsen so I'd be really happy to see her get the role.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Old 08-21-2013, 02:05 PM   #369
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

This board has some of the biggest drama queens, I swear to God...

Oh, what's that, America? You love Chris Pratt? Well, I guess we'll have to wait and see the overnight ratings for this upcoming season of Parks and Recreation for me to determine how full of **** you are about that.

Old 08-21-2013, 02:20 PM   #370
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
This board has some of the biggest drama queens, I swear to God...

Quote:
Old 08-21-2013, 02:22 PM   #371
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
I've rarely seen BC be wrong and when they are technically "wrong" about something there was always truth to it. They're far more reliable than CBM and they're not one of those sites that regularly rumor monger. They only report on rumors they are at least 95% sure about. In this case I wouldn't even call this a "rumor" because Marvel talking to actors is one of the easier bits of info to find out.

Considering we haven't heard anything from/about Saoirse since that statement in May and they're already deep in talks with a Quicksilver I'd say it's very likely she passed on the role, otherwise we would have heard more follow up. Like it or not, this is the first bit of casting news we've heard on Wanda since SHH just said they were using Ronan as a prototype.

And "earlier reports" also indicated they would be looking at multiple actors for both roles but all we've heard about with Quicksilver is Aaron Johnson. What's more likely is that Joss looked at a bunch of young actors and decided on the ones he thought would best fit the role, rather than formally auditioning for it.

Yes they're making the characters British. That doesn't mean they're ONLY looking at British/European actors to play the role. As the BC report stated, Olsen would have to adopt a British accent.

The BC report said she'd have to adopt a British accent. Which shouldn't be too hard for her.
Actually, if you read the SHH article in full, they specifically state that they are casting British/UK actors, not simply having the characters be british.

Also, the earlier reports I mentioned that said multiple actresses were being considered stated that Whedon would in fact be auditioning them.

But as you said that could be rumor.

Yeah, I'm just worried that if Pan of Steel isn't widely accepted by the audience and critics, they might try to shoehorn Pinocchio into the sequel, and we all know how long Hollywood has been trying to do a 'Pan vs Pinocchio' team up movie.

#Hypsters4Sawyer

Last edited by SpideyFan866; 08-21-2013 at 02:32 PM.
Old 08-21-2013, 02:35 PM   #372
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

BTW, Ronan did make another statement, on July 17th, flat out denying the Scarlet Witch rumors.

This was in stark contrast to her enthusiastic response from May, saying she'd love to do it. Though, the response was a short one, and did feel like one of typical swerves people give when they are up for a role or are interested,

So IDK, maybe the rumors are true and she ultimately passed. But I'm very curious as what possibly soured her on the project.

#Hypsters4Sawyer

Last edited by SpideyFan866; 08-21-2013 at 02:50 PM.
Old 08-21-2013, 02:47 PM   #373
Chewy
REDACTED

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post
I'm not understanding this dramatic backlash against Olsen.
Are you new here?

[Any actor] is rumored for [any part]

Old 08-21-2013, 02:49 PM   #374
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

Accurate.

Oh, what's that, America? You love Chris Pratt? Well, I guess we'll have to wait and see the overnight ratings for this upcoming season of Parks and Recreation for me to determine how full of **** you are about that.

Old 08-21-2013, 02:54 PM   #375
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

I wanna be clear, I'm not against Olsen for the role. But its a bit like if reports came out that Andrew Garfield was being courted for Spider-Man in Avengers 3, but then we got Tobey.

It's just not the same.

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Closed Thread