Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Age Of Ultron

Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2013, 03:09 PM   #376
smashmode
House Stark

Default Re: The Official Scarlet Witch Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post
I'm not understanding this dramatic backlash against Olsen. She's a beautiful actress who I personally think captures the Wanda's look more accurately than Ronan did. Plus in terms of figure neither of them exactly looked like Wanda either so I don't see how some can complain about Olsen's body type yet not about Ronan. Seems hypocritical to me.

I really like Olsen so I'd be really happy to see her get the role.
I think it might have to do with that most have not seen any of Olsen's work that and I actually saw comments (Not here) that they thought she was one of the Olsen twins.

I personally have not seen any of her work, but everything I have heard about her sounds like she would do well here (up and coming actress with good talent).

Old 08-21-2013, 03:15 PM   #377
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!

Much better choice than Saron Rosentein whatever her name was.

Old 08-21-2013, 03:16 PM   #378
Chewy
REDACTED

I've seen Martha Marcy May Marlene and Liberal Arts. She's great

Old 08-21-2013, 03:17 PM   #379
Crockett
With Teeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashmode View Post
That is what others have stated..they didn't want to be locked into a 6 picture deal etc. But Avengers is now a surefire hit, there should be no concern, unless she just does not want to be attached to a 6 picture deal.
The long-term commitment to a franchise could be the reason but who knows? Perhaps she just lost interest on the role, though that'd be sad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post
I wanna be clear, I'm not against Olsen for the role. But its a bit like if reports came out that Andrew Garfield was being courted for Spider-Man in Avengers 3, but then we got Tobey.

It's just not the same.
Not even close to the same, I was impressed by Olsen's performance in just one film than most of Maguire's performance that I've seen.

Old 08-21-2013, 03:18 PM   #380
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
Are you new here?

[Any actor] is rumored for [any part]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
Accurate.
Yeah I should know better by now huh?

Quote:
I wanna be clear, I'm not against Olsen for the role. But its a bit like if reports came out that Andrew Garfield was being courted for Spider-Man in Avengers 3, but then we got Tobey.

It's just not the same.
Awful comparison. Try again.

Quote:
I think it might have to do with that most have not seen any of Olsen's work that and I actually saw comments (Not here) that they thought she was one of the Olsen twins.

I personally have not seen any of her work, but everything I have heard about her sounds like she would do well here (up and coming actress with good talent).
She's damn good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulholland-Jr View Post
Much better choice than Saron Rosentein whatever her name was.
I legitamtelly laughed at this. Rosentein.

Quote:
I've seen Martha Marcy May Marlene and Liberal Arts. She's great
Yup.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Old 08-21-2013, 03:32 PM   #381
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:

Elizabeth Olsen actually is the younger sister of Mary-Kate Olsen and Ashley Olsen.

But she's considerably more talented, IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crockett View Post
The long-term commitment to a franchise could be the reason but who knows? Perhaps she just lost interest on the role, though that'd be sad.

Not even close to the same, I was impressed by Olsen's performance in just one film than most of Maguire's performance that I've seen.
I mean this as far as being fit for the role. Elizabeth Olsen is a great choice for the role, but Saoirse is arguably a much better fit.

Same for Spider-Man, Tobey was was a great choice, but Andrew is a far better fit.

Yeah, I'm just worried that if Pan of Steel isn't widely accepted by the audience and critics, they might try to shoehorn Pinocchio into the sequel, and we all know how long Hollywood has been trying to do a 'Pan vs Pinocchio' team up movie.
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Old 08-21-2013, 03:32 PM   #382
smashmode
House Stark

I would say that Olsen almost has a unfair advantage. Since she has shared a ton of screen time with Taylor Johnson, plus they must have screen tested together..and the casting director is the same for both movies

Old 08-21-2013, 03:35 PM   #383
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

if its any consolation, is getting Brandon Routh over getting Henry Cavill (who was in contention) in Superman Returns a better comparison?

Yeah, I'm just worried that if Pan of Steel isn't widely accepted by the audience and critics, they might try to shoehorn Pinocchio into the sequel, and we all know how long Hollywood has been trying to do a 'Pan vs Pinocchio' team up movie.

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Old 08-21-2013, 03:37 PM   #384
Chewy
REDACTED

Quote:
if its any consolation, is getting Brandon Routh over getting Henry Cavill (who was in contention) in Superman Returns a better comparison?
Have you actually watched anything with Olsen in it? If not, please do and get back to us.

And no, comparing Olsen to Routh is actually a million times worse than comparing her to Tobey

Old 08-21-2013, 03:38 PM   #385
Scarlet Spider
Side-Kick

Elizabeth Olsen is a wonderful young actress and any superhero film would be extremely lucky to have her. The role might have been written for Saoirse Ronan (or modeled after her) but Olsen is fantastic, and is just as good (if not better) of a choice.

One more thing, if she is cast, I love the irony that they're using an American actresses to play Wanda, after certain posters complained about FOX using an American to play Pietro in X-Men, and pointed to MS giving us a more accurate version of the characters.

Old 08-21-2013, 03:45 PM   #386
Majik1387
Casting Extraodinaire ;D

Let me preface by saying, I have nothing against Olsen, I just much prefer Ronan, and things all but looked up that she'd get the role last I had heard before this new rumor.

I don't care about the difference of body types, as far as I can say regarding onscreen chemistry with Johnson, I'd just hope it doesn't look incestuous.

Old 08-21-2013, 03:48 PM   #387
marcvader
Lurker #1

Why no Ronan? Whyyy damned youuu whyyyyy?!

__________________#1 CBM of 2014____________________
Twitter- @mrpink13
HAIL HYDRA!
Old 08-21-2013, 03:52 PM   #388
Son of Coul
They call me Mr. Pym

Quote:
I would say that Olsen almost has a unfair advantage. Since she has shared a ton of screen time with Taylor Johnson, plus they must have screen tested together..and the casting director is the same for both movies
Maybe, but if that means they already have good chemistry, it can only benefit the movie. Not that I'm familiar with her, nor Ronan for that matter.

Old 08-21-2013, 04:08 PM   #389
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:
Have you actually watched anything with Olsen in it? If not, please do and get back to us.

And no, comparing Olsen to Routh is actually a million times worse than comparing her to Tobey
When will you understand that I'm not comparing them, talent wise? Of course there's no comparison there. Yes, I've seen Olsen's work, and she's a great actor. But just because someone's a great or bad actor, doesn't mean they are or aren't fit for a role.

What I'm comparing is them being a fit for that specific role. Was Routh a great choice/fit Superman? Yes.

And is Olsen a great choice/fit for Scarlet Witch? yes.

However, was/are Cavill and Ronan better choices/fits for those respective roles? Arguably yes.

#Hypsters4Sawyer

Last edited by SpideyFan866; 08-21-2013 at 04:13 PM.
Old 08-21-2013, 04:13 PM   #390
Chewy
REDACTED

If you haven't seen an actor in anything, how can you possibly determine whether or not they are fit for a given role? I am not suggesting that you are comparing them talent-wise, I am suggesting that you have no frame of reference to make a comparison of any sort. Even if you are talking on a purely superficial/physical level, how an actor looks on screen and in real life can be night and day

Old 08-21-2013, 04:16 PM   #391
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:
If you haven't seen an actor in anything, how can you possibly determine whether or not they are fit for a given role? I am not suggesting that you are comparing them talent-wise, I am suggesting that you have no frame of reference to make a comparison of any sort. Even if you are talking on a purely superficial/physical level, how an actor looks on screen and in real life can be night and day
I HAVE seen her work. Admittedly, not as much as I've seen of Ronan's, but I've seen her work.

And I never said she's not a great choice or fit for the role. I do think she'd be a great choice and I think she'd be a great fit.

However, I honestly feel that Ronan is the better choice and better fit for it.

#Hypsters4Sawyer

Last edited by SpideyFan866; 08-21-2013 at 04:36 PM.
Old 08-21-2013, 04:22 PM   #392
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Its like Henry Cavill and Christopher Reeve. Despite different qualities in their respective film, both were great choices and a great fit for the role of Superman.

However, most would tell you that Reeve was a better fit than Cavill was. And thats not saying Cavill wasn't at all. He was, but not as good as Reeve.

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Old 08-21-2013, 04:35 PM   #393
Chewy
REDACTED

Well, you edited in that bit about seeing her work after I had already replied, so...

Anyway, your reasoning seems pretty specious and appears to boil down to "I like Saoirse more". Which is fine, obviously, but I don't see how you can proclaim one talented actor as better for a role than another without knowing how the role is written, how the actor intends to play the character, and what her role in the overall narrative will be.

I remember people telling me there was no way Heath Ledger would make a better Joker than Nicholson, Mark Ruffalo would make a better Hulk than Norton, etc. People get too caught up in their own preconceptions sometimes

Old 08-21-2013, 04:35 PM   #394
marcvader
Lurker #1

Neither of the two actresses being bandied about here are perfect for the role of Wanda as she's been depicted in comics for the last 40 some odd years. Are these ladies very good actressesh? Absolutely but some of you are acting as if it's some great injustice. Smh

__________________#1 CBM of 2014____________________
Twitter- @mrpink13
HAIL HYDRA!

Last edited by marcvader; 08-21-2013 at 05:23 PM.
Old 08-21-2013, 05:15 PM   #395
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme

I agree.
Rachel Weisz would've been a marvelous Scarlet Witch when she was younger.
But there is nothing that screams 'Wanda' looking at both of this two girls

RANDOM BLOCKBUSTER SEQUEL: RETURN OF THE RISING DARKNESS
------------------------------

ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic

Old 08-21-2013, 05:30 PM   #396
TheFBI
Side-Kick

Nothing about RJD screamed Tony Stark, unless you count RDJ being an ******* and a bit of an addict.
Just give these actors a chance, because they're all doing something none of you could ever do.

Old 08-21-2013, 05:42 PM   #397
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
This board has some of the biggest drama queens, I swear to God...
The #BanSawyer Campaign:
Parker Wayne and Piper Maru's Penis Envy Support Group Project of the Month

Yes some very dramatic sensitive guys on this forum.

Old 08-21-2013, 05:48 PM   #398
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
The #BanSawyer Campaign:
Parker Wayne and Piper Maru's Penis Envy Support Group Project of the Month

Yes some very dramatic sensitive guys on this forum.
Don't speak of what you don't know.

There's a difference between a vaguely friendly feud and posting gifs of someone vomiting when you've heard that a perfectly capable and talented young actress has been cast in a role.

Oh, what's that, America? You love Chris Pratt? Well, I guess we'll have to wait and see the overnight ratings for this upcoming season of Parks and Recreation for me to determine how full of **** you are about that.

Old 08-21-2013, 05:56 PM   #399
Mr. Dent
Banned User

^ It was too easy not to point out. Much like this

Quote:
I mean this as far as being fit for the role. Elizabeth Olsen is a great choice for the role, but Saoirse is arguably a much better fit.
How can something be "arguably much better"? That's an oxymoron.

Old 08-21-2013, 06:00 PM   #400
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenReilly View Post
Elizabeth Olsen is a wonderful young actress and any superhero film would be extremely lucky to have her. The role might have been written for Saoirse Ronan (or modeled after her) but Olsen is fantastic, and is just as good (if not better) of a choice.

One more thing, if she is cast, I love the irony that they're using an American actresses to play Wanda, after certain posters complained about FOX using an American to play Pietro in X-Men, and pointed to MS giving us a more accurate version of the characters.
1. I never complained about them using an American actor I complained about them making him American in the film

2. Scarlet Witch still won't be American in the film. :/

Closed Thread