The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Misc. and Multiplatform Games

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2013, 05:21 PM   #51
Sparta*
~Servant of Shao Kahn~

Default Re: Injustice: Gods Among Us - Part 7

damnit NRS, I've never been more choked with you, this just seemed too utterly stupid to be true but it is lmao what on earth were they thinking?! they put in 1 character people actually want and that's lobo, then we get batman with tits, another version of superman, and a character from mortal kombat that shouldn't be anywhere near this game FML!

Old 05-02-2013, 05:22 PM   #52
Balthus Dire
Punishment Continues

Honest to god I'm floored that the list is real. Those are literally the worst DLC choices I've ever seen other than Lobo.

Old 05-02-2013, 05:24 PM   #53
zenith16
Side-Kick

Well we'll see what she has move set wise that'll set her apart from bat man she did use the "Asp batons" (collapsible botons) when she was Oracle and as bat girl she was (arguably) the second most agile next to Night wing. she may have moves that we won't ever see batman use that'll make her unique. But in that case if that does happen, there's no excuse to set apart Powergirl from super girl since the fighting styles alone should be enough to set them apart from each other .

I'm talking about a sequel for the latter two characters. not in this as it's happening now.

Last edited by zenith16; 05-02-2013 at 05:32 PM.
Old 05-02-2013, 05:29 PM   #54
Sparta*
~Servant of Shao Kahn~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balthus Dire View Post
Honest to god I'm floored that the list is real. Those are literally the worst DLC choices I've ever seen other than Lobo.
im floored too man, I would honestly give NRS 100$ IF they could pick characters people want LESS then zod, batgirl and scorpion in this game, I don't think they could do it, these are the worst choices literally ever made for DLC

it also sucks because this is gonna ruin the chances for another season pass, that would only happen if the first sold well and that likely wont happen because of the crap characters. Im never buying a season pass again until I know who the characters are, this is worse false advertising then aliens: colonial marines

Old 05-02-2013, 05:38 PM   #55
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

LOL I told you guys adding Scorpion wasnt that out there and that those fan polls mean NOTHING. But yea, those characters suck, ecsepcially Batgirl.

Im glad i waited on the season pass. I'll snag Lobo, Zod and maybe Scorpion.

Good thing the initial roster is awesome tho.

Old 05-02-2013, 05:44 PM   #56
zeptron
Side-Kick

In regards to characters like MMH, perhaps it's possible that his exclusion is mainly due to WB/DC. Kinda like in MVC3, where a lot of people and even the game developers wanted certain characters, but were denied by the company that owns them. Even though characters like Cyclops/Gambit/Venom were high on polls, Marvel gave them a list of characters to choose from and the list didn't include those three.

If this isn't the case, then I'm gonna have to question the mentality of the people making these decisions.

Old 05-02-2013, 05:45 PM   #57
zenith16
Side-Kick

what ever I knew scorpion would be in as I said he's boons main man. And will be in any thing boon makes some how. He said so once on video and that was the seal of approval that 'll happen in anything made from Boon. so I'm not surprised and it was pointless to not see it coming. Bat girl is a surprise and she better be different move set wise. in any case as I've said the for the sequel the fighting styles should be enough to set a character apart from each other. That mean when Roy harper/ Arsenal shows up in the sequel we better see him have alot of weapons and not be stuck with a bow and arrow like his old man green arrow and way more martial art moves from him as well.

Old 05-02-2013, 05:46 PM   #58
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeptron View Post
In regards to characters like MMH, perhaps it's possible that his exclusion is mainly due to WB/DC. Kinda like in MVC3, where a lot of people and even the game developers wanted certain characters, but were denied by the company that owns them. Even though characters like Cyclops/Gambit/Venom were high on polls, Marvel gave them a list of characters to choose from and the list didn't include those three.

If this isn't the case, then I'm gonna have to question the mentality of the people making these decisions.
It very well could be, or maybe these were the characters the developers wanted to add. Its their game. Maybe they took an internal poll and Lobo, Batgirl, Zod and Scorpion came out on top hah.

Old 05-02-2013, 05:47 PM   #59
Nathan

I'll definitely get Lobo. And I might get Zod, but only if he comes with Man of Steel alternates, both for Zod and Superman.

Old 05-02-2013, 05:48 PM   #60
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
I'll definitely get Lobo. And I might get Zod, but only if he comes with Man of Steel alternates, both for Zod and Superman.
Oh sweet jeezus thatd be awesome.

Old 05-02-2013, 05:50 PM   #61
Balthus Dire
Punishment Continues

I don't care about the lack of MM or whatever but frig at least make unique characters. Lobo is an awesome example of a great choice. We already have Batmam for Batgirl, Suprman for Zod, and Scorpion lol what a bad choice in general.

Where's the unique characters?? Swamp Thing? DR Fate? Killer Moth?? ANYONE??

Old 05-02-2013, 05:50 PM   #62
Nathan

Being able to recreate the epic movie battle, would honestly be the only reason for me to get Zod.

Old 05-02-2013, 05:53 PM   #63
zeptron
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectPat2280 View Post
It very well could be, or maybe these were the characters the developers wanted to add. Its their game. Maybe they took an internal poll and Lobo, Batgirl, Zod and Scorpion came out on top hah.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jajju5QPZQ0&t=3m08s

Old 05-02-2013, 05:58 PM   #64
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Quote:
What the hell does that prove? Boon is one guy on a team of devs.

Old 05-02-2013, 05:59 PM   #65
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Quote:
Being able to recreate the epic movie battle, would honestly be the only reason for me to get Zod.
Im looking forward to Zod because i enjoy using Superman, but i agree with others that it would of been nice to get more diversity in the DLC

Old 05-02-2013, 06:00 PM   #66
zeptron
Side-Kick

Exactly what's shown. That Boon did want MMH, but someone for some reason convinced him not to put him in.

It's odd considering he's the only original member of the JL not in.

Old 05-02-2013, 06:01 PM   #67
Nathan

Quote:
He is THE guy. He should have been like "I want Martian Manhunter! Now shut your face and don't dare to talk back to me!"

Old 05-02-2013, 06:02 PM   #68
zenith16
Side-Kick

Quote:
hehe after seeing it just proves you were right. They have their own poll amongst them selves. He lost, but they do indeed do this with themselves. lol love how that girl pimp slaps .

Last edited by zenith16; 05-02-2013 at 06:06 PM.
Old 05-02-2013, 06:06 PM   #69
jmc
callin' it like I see it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparta* View Post
I also played MK9 almost non-stop until Injustice came out lol and I also at first felt like some things felt "off" with Injustice, but that's how I felt with MK9 at first until I played it relentlessly and got used to it, im not quite there with Injustice yet, but with enough time invested it will feel as familiar as MK9

It's funny you say that, down here in Australia MK9 finally got released the other day, so I've been use to Injustice first. I made the mistake of assuming given they're both NRS games they'd be the same, but they're actually quite different. It's actually taken me a while to get use to having a block button again after spending so much time using back/down for protection which is odd given I'm an MK user from years back.

Fanboys make excuses, real fans acknowledge screw-ups.

Do me a favour - don't break up my posts into multiple quotes when replying, I won't answer back.
Old 05-02-2013, 06:07 PM   #70
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Quote:
Exactly what's shown. That Boon did want MMH, but someone for some reason convinced him not to put him in.

It's odd considering he's the only original member of the JL not in.
Im not saying he didnt want the guy in, but it appears the rest of the team didnt. Obviously its not a dictatorship over at NRS.

Quote:
He is THE guy. He should have been like "I want Martian Manhunter! Now shut your face and don't dare to talk back to me!"
LOL, obviously hes not if these characters are in fact legit.

Old 05-02-2013, 06:07 PM   #71
jmc
callin' it like I see it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkness Falls View Post
they finally released Mortal Kombat 9 here this week under our new R18+ game rating
have to admit i really like it, its helping me get better at injustice too cause the controls/metre burn is similar which is also good

it is strange playing them in reverse though seeing how everyone else played mk first then injustice
How are you finding switching between the two?

Do me a favour - don't break up my posts into multiple quotes when replying, I won't answer back.
Old 05-02-2013, 06:09 PM   #72
zeptron
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balthus Dire View Post
I don't care about the lack of MM or whatever but frig at least make unique characters. Lobo is an awesome example of a great choice. We already have Batmam for Batgirl, Suprman for Zod, and Scorpion lol what a bad choice in general.

Where's the unique characters?? Swamp Thing? DR Fate? Killer Moth?? ANYONE??
Agreed. Even though I think Batgirl and Zod can play differently from Batman and Superman, I still think they are other characters that would have provide more variety. Hell Regime Superman is basically Zod. Even has a "kneel before me" line.

My main issue regarding Scorpion is that, we've been playing as him in this genre for over a decade now. If there had to be a guest how about someone that hasn't been in a fighting game? MK has 9 games(if you count the updated versions as one) and he's been in everyone.

Old 05-02-2013, 06:10 PM   #73
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Hey, maybe this isnt actually true tho, so what, someone happened to be right on 2 of the 4 characters, its possible he was just guessing and guessed right. Maybe the next two will be MMH and like Swamp Thing or somethin

Old 05-02-2013, 06:11 PM   #74
jmc
callin' it like I see it

Look, I'm a Batman guy through and through, but Batgirl as a DLC? Really? This game is so Batman centric it's not even funny. There are so many characters in the DCU to use and half a dozen or so in this game are Batman characters. C'mon NRS, Scorpion? Leave MK's DNA out of this game.

Old 05-02-2013, 06:11 PM   #75
Green Ghost
Side-Kick

Batgirl? Really? People already crying about too many Bat-characters and they are making a female version of Batman?

Glad I didn't bought the season pass yet, because now I know I woun't! Maybe I'll get Lobo, but that's it.

It would help to know that characters like Martian Manhunter and Poison Ivy aren't in because they want to save some bigger/popular characters for a sequel...