Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Misc. and Multiplatform Games

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2013, 08:18 PM   #101
X Knight
Saber Class

Default Re: Injustice: Gods Among Us - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samwise Gamgee View Post
yeah..........that just makes you go........WTF??!!

It's not like Batgirl was a close second to Powergirl. It's not even close.

And with the way they're doing alt skins and alternate universes, they could easily have made Powergirl and Supergirl alt costumes of each other. thus including 2 characters for the price of 1.

Maybe they already had Batgirl created. They did that poll hoping it would show strong support for Batgirl. When it showed just the opposite, I guess they just decided to go with Batgirl anyways............

kind of a troll move, though. That's like asking people at a party what kind of music they want to listen to. the majority prefer 1 song, but you go play the least requested song instead. I'm sure that would make the guests really happy.........

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 05-02-2013, 08:20 PM   #102
X Knight
Saber Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkness Falls View Post
have to say like most i am a little let down by the season pass dlc selection
i'm thankful i only paid $10 for it on release day but for those paying full price its a bit of a ripoff considering the character selection
I'm glad I got the game at a $25 discount at Toys R Us.

and I'm glad I didn't buy the Season Pass yet, which I was very tempted to do.

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 05-02-2013, 08:39 PM   #103
TheHeatKitchen
Side-Kick

I've been busy or gone all evening. I finally get on before bed to see what's going on and THIS is what i find out??? If this is true, congrats NRS. You've officially pissed a TON of people off and made our season passes worthless. I know we took the risk buying it early, but I didn't in a million years expect what are essentially dupicate characters with Zod and Batgirl.

Sigh.

Old 05-02-2013, 08:41 PM   #104
TheHeatKitchen
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Knight View Post
That's like asking people at a party what kind of music they want to listen to. the majority prefer 1 song, but you go play the least requested song instead. I'm sure that would make the guests really happy.........
And then expecting them to pay to listen to it.

Old 05-02-2013, 08:52 PM   #105
jmc
callin' it like I see it

Look, lets put this all in perspective, at the end of the day the game is still a blast to play and really we should be grateful for what we have, it's a bit like *****ing about not getting the right coloured cherry on top of your sundae. Disappointing DLC characters, yes, but it doesn't ruin anything and really there's no point in getting pissed off about it because NRS has gone to a great deal of effort to give gamers, and specifically DC fans a fantastic fighting game that will be long remembered. Ultimately, no-one is forcing any of us to purchase the DLC characters, and ultimately whining about which characters did and didn't make the list makes us seem ungracious of their efforts. What's done is done.

Fanboys make excuses, real fans acknowledge screw-ups.

Do me a favour - don't break up my posts into multiple quotes when replying, I won't answer back.
Old 05-02-2013, 08:58 PM   #106
Balthus Dire
Punishment Continues

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectPat2280 View Post
Haha i dont know why some of you bought it without waiting to hear who the characters were.
Well I played MK9 right up to the week of Injustice and played tournies, too, so the season pass makes total sense for me. However, with the exception of Freddy the MK9 pass was amazing. NRS knew who the fan faves were and they put most of them in.

This season pass seems like a total troll. It's like everyone that nobody asked for minus Lobo. I bought it because I thought there was honestly no chance in hell of the rumors being true because the choices were so terrible.

And now they're true. Fml.

Old 05-02-2013, 09:03 PM   #107
X Knight
Saber Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHeatKitchen View Post
And then expecting them to pay to listen to it.
yep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmc View Post
Look, lets put this all in perspective, at the end of the day the game is still a blast to play and really we should be grateful for what we have, it's a bit like *****ing about not getting the right coloured cherry on top of your sundae. Disappointing DLC characters, yes, but it doesn't ruin anything and really there's no point in getting pissed off about it because NRS has gone to a great deal of effort to give gamers, and specifically DC fans a fantastic fighting game that will be long remembered. Ultimately, no-one is forcing any of us to purchase the DLC characters, and ultimately whining about which characters did and didn't make the list makes us seem ungracious of their efforts. What's done is done.
well, the folks who already purchased the Season Pass are probably none too happy.

true, no one's forcing you to buy the DLC or Season Pass.

However, if anything, it's a WASTE OF OPPORTUNITY.

Aside from Lobo, the other 3 DLCs, if true, bring very little to the table. When you only have 4 DLC slots and so many great/popular/requested DC characters, and you then waste 3 of those slots......well, that doesn't really seem like a smart move or a good way to reward players and fans who did purchase the game.

Especially when one of those characters is one you specifically polled to gauge interest, and she came in LAST!! Why even give the illusion of choice or voting if the outcome was already determined or you're going to do just the opposite?

to use another analogy, that would be like in an American Idol finale, the public voted overwhelmingly for one contestant, but the studio decided to crown the other person the winner instead.

If that had happened, do you think American Idol fans would be happy about it??

that's trolling your fans.

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 05-02-2013, 09:08 PM   #108
X Knight
Saber Class

and I remember, when someone asked Boon about Superboy, he tweeted why include the boy when you got the adult version??

well, shouldn't that logic apply to Batgirl?

At least Superboy, with his Tactile TK, could have a different moveset/style than his adult counterpart. Heck, he could have been included over Zod. How is Zod any different than Superman?? And we already have a Zod-like, dictator Superman.

And if you can justify Batgirl, why can't you include Power Girl/Supergirl? Or Wonder Girl? Or another sidekick character?? Why yet another Bat character?

And whenever someone asked Boon about Supergirl, he always put her down and asked if they meant Power Girl instead. In fact, he was pretty keen on Power Girl........then she won that poll by a landslide..........so........what happened??

Disney Lover and Proud!!

Last edited by X Knight; 05-02-2013 at 09:11 PM.
Old 05-02-2013, 09:31 PM   #109
zeptron
Side-Kick

What do you think makes more sense

A - "We should have another Batman character, since the franchise and characters are so popular, so our DLC might sell marginally better and then that's it in terms of sales"

or

B - We should have a character that doesn't have as solid a fanbase as we'd like so we can give them more exposure. Sure we may lose a bit in DLC sales but could have long term buyers of a comic/character they may not have been interested in before"?

This "she's popular so she'll sell" is not valid IMO as, sure, she'll sell but so would others and them being included could possibly bring in more fans. I mean there were characters in fighting games I wasn't too familiar with beforehand and their inclusion in those games made me a fan. For instance, before the SSB games, I wasn't familiar with Captain Falcon, Ness, The Ice Climbers, or the Fire Emblem characters. Their inclusion inspired me to download their games off the Virtual console.

Old 05-02-2013, 09:34 PM   #110
jmc
callin' it like I see it

Quote:
yep.

well, the folks who already purchased the Season Pass are probably none too happy.

true, no one's forcing you to buy the DLC or Season Pass.

However, if anything, it's a WASTE OF OPPORTUNITY.

Aside from Lobo, the other 3 DLCs, if true, bring very little to the table. When you only have 4 DLC slots and so many great/popular/requested DC characters, and you then waste 3 of those slots......well, that doesn't really seem like a smart move or a good way to reward players and fans who did purchase the game.

Especially when one of those characters is one you specifically polled to gauge interest, and she came in LAST!! Why even give the illusion of choice or voting if the outcome was already determined or you're going to do just the opposite?

to use another analogy, that would be like in an American Idol finale, the public voted overwhelmingly for one contestant, but the studio decided to crown the other person the winner instead.

If that had happened, do you think American Idol fans would be happy about it??

that's trolling your fans.

But Idol is a popularity contest where people vote for the winner. Was there any guarantee NRS would leave it up to fans to pick the characters? Was it actually a contest? I don't think so. There's a difference between taking a suggestion and letting people decided. I can understand disappointment, I'm not too thrilled with the rumoured DLC characters except Lobo, but ultimately responsibility is on the consumer whether to take the risk and buy the season pass. I avoid those type of things because I don't know what it is I'm paying for, I'd rather pay the extra after the fact then pay for something up front which I don't like down the track.

Do me a favour - don't break up my posts into multiple quotes when replying, I won't answer back.
Old 05-02-2013, 09:39 PM   #111
WolfCypher
A NEW CHALLENGER

Absolutely none of these characters comes off as a surprise to me.

Lobo was half confirmed before the game was even given a release date. If anything, no Lobo whatsoever would have been the biggest fanrage moment here.

Batgirl is just another Batman character...lets just face it, DC Comics is just "Batman Comics". There is no Marvel and DC, just Marvel and "Batman". This game already has an excess of Batman characters, and I'm pretty sure the bigwigs would want as much Bat-content in this game as possible, I am not surprised by this AT ALL.

Zod is yet another possible bigwig move, possibly a mandate to help promote the upcoming MoS movie. There's no telling, but I can't help but wonder if Parasite or Metallo were to be the big villain in the MoS movie, if they would have been added in.

Scorpion, I'm okay with. Hell, I wanted a MK character in here somewhere. I mean, with "guest characters" being a(n) (OVERUSED) standard in fighters now (Freddy Kruger in MK, Kratos in SoulCalibur & MK, Snake & Sonic in Brawl, the many 3rd-party additions in PSASBR, Enzio in SoulCalibur, Virtua Fighter characters in Dead or Alive, hell...even NONE fighters having Wreck-it Ralph in Sonic All-Stars Racing...) I can't believe no one else saw it...the company known for Mortal Kombat, who has Scorpion as their MASCOT and company LOGO...whose already made a MK vs. DC game, has the nerve to include a MK character in their DC game? The nerve ! What's next, Capcom making a Marvel fighter and throwing Akuma in there? Plus, as much as I liked MK, Injustice basically takes MK's core gameplay and betters it. It might not be much,being one measly MK rep, but it will give me a chance to see what a MK game could be with the Injustice mechanics.

So yeah, I don't like the Zod and Batgirl inclusions either, but there is some logic in there. The Scorpion DLC, I'm in lesbians with

I liked TMNT...way more than GotG. There. It's been said.
Old 05-02-2013, 09:40 PM   #112
Balthus Dire
Punishment Continues

Yeah but there's also a difference between not taking suggestions and making flat out idiotic choices.

Old 05-02-2013, 09:43 PM   #113
Spider-Vader
Groot and Branches

I remember there being a rumor of Lobo/Batgirl/Scorpion/Ivy, maybe that's still true. I'd much rather have Ivy than boring ass Zod

Old 05-02-2013, 09:44 PM   #114
WolfCypher
A NEW CHALLENGER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balthus Dire View Post
Yeah but there's also a difference between not taking suggestions and making flat out idiotic choices.
Well, yeah, that's again, a reason I DON'T like two of the inclusions, as I've said. I get the Batgirl hate, and the Zod hate, and of course the lack of Powergirl hate, its dumb to even bother giving us the option of voting and choosing if you're just going to do whatever the hell you want anyway. If these choices were mandated, then that makes sense, but why waste our time?

Still, Scorpion, so, win?

Old 05-02-2013, 09:45 PM   #115
jmc
callin' it like I see it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balthus Dire View Post
Well perhaps to them it's the right choice, I don't know, we're free to not like it for now, but who knows, maybe the characters are awesome to play. I'll wait until I see some game play and reviews of the characters before making a decision on them.

Old 05-02-2013, 09:47 PM   #116
jmc
callin' it like I see it

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfCypher View Post
Well, yeah, that's again, a reason I DON'T like two of the inclusions, as I've said. I get the Batgirl hate, and the Zod hate, and of course the lack of Powergirl hate, its dumb to even bother giving us the option of voting and choosing if you're just going to do whatever the hell you want anyway. If these choices were mandated, then that makes sense, but why waste our time?

Still, Scorpion, so, win?
Would people be as annoyed if they didn't put up a vote?

Old 05-02-2013, 09:50 PM   #117
X Knight
Saber Class

oh, the characters may turn out to be awesome.

we'll have to wait and see. Unless if Zod is a complete badass, I'm certainly not rushing out to buy the Season Pass.

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 05-02-2013, 09:55 PM   #118
WolfCypher
A NEW CHALLENGER

Quote:
oh, the characters may turn out to be awesome.
Well you can say the same about any character that could have been DLC.

oh, Circe may turn out to be awesome.
oh, Black Canary may turn out to be awesome.
oh, Blue Beetle may turn out to be awesome.
oh, Power Girl may turn out to be awesome.

Yes, Zod and Batgirl could be great additions, its just the fact that...the choices could have been better...

Old 05-02-2013, 09:59 PM   #119
X Knight
Saber Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmc View Post
Would people be as annoyed if they didn't put up a vote?
probably not. I know I wouldn't be as annoyed.

I still wouldn't have liked the inclusion of Batgirl. But, at least, they wouldn't have trolled us and faked us out by giving fans the "illusion" of choice ( or at least the chance to voice our opinions ).

that's what's most annoying about the Batgirl inclusion.

they made a deliberate decision to post that poll and ask fans to choose between the 3 characters. when Boon did that, we all knew that was most likely for a future DLC character. When Power Girl won with a CLEAR majority, we all assumed she'd be DLC at some point.

That gave us Power Girl/Supergirl fans hope. I always wanted Supergirl, but I would have been happy with Power Girl. And when I saw how they were doing the alt costumes, I thought they could easily include a Supergirl costume for Power Girl, thus including both characters ( since they are basically the same ).

but......now, when the announce the DLC characters, who do they include?? The character who got the lowest vote. Batgirl.

And, as another slap in the face to Power Girl/Supergirl fans, they also include a Superman clone..............but it's Zod instead.........

again, like I said above, it's like asking party goers which of these 3 songs would you like us to play. and 1 song gets 70% of the vote.

Then the DJ says, oh, but we already decided to play this other song ( the 1 with the lowest vote ) so we're going to play that one instead. Oh, and we're also going to play another song by the artist whose song got the highest vote......but not the song who got the highest vote.

iow, we're NOT going to play the song that got the highest vote. we're going to play these other 2 songs instead.......

party goers would be like.........why bother to ask us in the 1st place??

it makes the whole poll meaningless and pointless.

Disney Lover and Proud!!

Last edited by X Knight; 05-02-2013 at 10:12 PM.
Old 05-02-2013, 10:00 PM   #120
X Knight
Saber Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfCypher View Post
Well you can say the same about any character that could have been DLC.

oh, Circe may turn out to be awesome.
oh, Black Canary may turn out to be awesome.
oh, Blue Beetle may turn out to be awesome.
oh, Power Girl may turn out to be awesome.

Yes, Zod and Batgirl could be great additions, its just the fact that...the choices could have been better...
I know. there could have been MUCH better choices.

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 05-02-2013, 11:00 PM   #121
Sparta*
~Servant of Shao Kahn~

There's no reason why zod couldn't have been an alt costume for superman, they are practically the exact same person in this game, it actually would have made sense in a way.

Even if babs and zod play differently then bats and supes, their fundamental abilities are the exact same which is lazy and unoriginal on NRS's part. Im mostly just dissapointed cause I was hoping to see characters with unique powers like MMH, so much wasted potential!

Don't even get me started on Scorpion, he's a badass character but he's pointless in this game, just a cop-out move.

Last edited by Sparta*; 05-02-2013 at 11:07 PM.
Old 05-02-2013, 11:39 PM   #122
louiebling$
Just Chucking with you

Well looking at it from a positive note a Cassandra Cain Skin would be ****ing Epic

"I have had a dream all my life and it was not this good." -Joss Whedon
Old 05-02-2013, 11:46 PM   #123
Balthus Dire
Punishment Continues

From TYM:

Lol

Old 05-02-2013, 11:56 PM   #124
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

You guys keep throwing this poll around, was it an official NRS poll or was it done on one of the fan websites like the MvC3 poll? I remember ppl were using that as an "official" poll even though they kept saying "we will TRY and get this list to the devs".

Old 05-02-2013, 11:58 PM   #125
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparta* View Post

Even if babs and zod play differently then bats and supes, their fundamental abilities are the exact same which is lazy and unoriginal on NRS's part. Im mostly just dissapointed cause I was hoping to see characters with unique powers like MMH, so much wasted potential!

Whats diff about Supergirl or Powergirl, you could make the same argument for them yet ppl would be ok with those 2? Yet somehow Zod and Batgirl they arent ok? I personally wouldn't want to see either PG or SG take up any kind of roster spot, however with PG's giant tits and Supergirls tiny ass skirt, id deff like them over damn Batgirl.