Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > The Avengers Sequels

Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2013, 02:21 PM   #276
DigificWriter
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by OB12 View Post
^^It's possible that we could see the Mandarin again in some form, that really is not that far-fetched.
Yes, Guy Pearce could very well return as Aldrich Killian/The Mandarin in some capacity. Thinking the character could return doesn't qualify as trollish behavior in and of itself; it's the rest of Supa "T"'s behavior that led me to accuse him of being a troll.

Anyway, let's move on.

Last edited by DigificWriter; 05-10-2013 at 02:32 PM.
Old 05-10-2013, 02:22 PM   #277
OB12
Side-Kick

Quote:
It can, they did it with Iron man 3.

But i don't think they are going to do that, but it is possible.

They alreasy have a a Flash script that people say is fantastic.

I just want 2014 with one DC movie that's all.
No it isn't. The IM3 script was in development back when The Avengers was filming in 2011. There is no indication that Flash has a script and even if it did it would go through rewrites and then there is location scouting and casting. There are months of pre-work before filming even begins.

Old 05-10-2013, 02:25 PM   #278
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkLuther55 View Post
I'm betting he'll want to spend the next ten pages being pedantic about how I supposedly don't know that actors can get a cut of the money after the movie comes out.
You were the one who stated as fact that all of the actors except Downey were paid in total 1 million. Don't make stupid statements unless you can 100% back them up, and then you won't have people arguing with you.

and no SJ isn't making 20 million on Avengers 2.

Hemsworth, Evans and Ruffalo made between $2M - $3M, SLJ and SJ reportedly made between $4M to $6M. RDJ's base salary was likely between $7M and $10M but he had the incentive clause, so

http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/who-is-th...-avenger-.html

Old 05-10-2013, 02:27 PM   #279
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supa "T" View Post

Prepare to be disappointed then. There is nothing on the slate for 2014 for WB/DC.

Old 05-10-2013, 02:28 PM   #280
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

Quote:

if he can resurrect Phil coulson then he can have an explanation that the true Mandarin has not been revealed yet and reveal him inAvengers 2.

Period.

Guy Pearce is the Mandarin Period.

Old 05-10-2013, 02:28 PM   #281
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:

Just because they have a script doesn't mean that it's in the pipeline for production. You seem absolutely clueless when it comes to how long it takes for a movie to be produced, especially one the size The Flash would be. Anyways, take your DC movie talk over where it belongs.

Old 05-10-2013, 02:36 PM   #282
ClarkLuther55
Side-Kick

"Tony Stark" here is acting like someone with a personality disorder. Creating conflicts out of thin air and continuing them when everyone else has moved on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
You were the one who stated as fact that all of the actors except Downey were paid in total 1 million.
I posted something that an article claimed.

Quote:
Don't make stupid statements unless you can 100% back them up,
Then no one here should be posting, because no one here is an insider privy to these contract negotiations.

That includes you. So don't come at me with your silly little link which is no better than mine.

What's that? The rules apply to you as well? You're not special?!

Quote:
and no SJ isn't making 20 million on Avengers 2.
So that link you showed me was garbage then?

Quote:
Hemsworth, Evans and Ruffalo made between $2M - $3M, SLJ and SJ reportedly made between $4M to $6M. RDJ's base salary was likely between $7M and $10M but he had the incentive clause, so

http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/who-is-th...-avenger-.html
Oh, what's that? Oh goodie, one more link that contradicts all the others.

Yes, this ONE link you have here is special, and it must be the correct one. Pat yourself on the back for finding it and having the goodness in your heart to correct the rest of us in this forum.

Maybe, as I said so more than once before, we're all just grasping around in the darkness with various unconfirmed sources.

Can you confirm that this link as opposed to the one you posted before, is the one and only correct one?

If not, then you have not backed yourself up "100%." You have no right to talk and condescend to others again.

And by the way, don't think I didn't recognize what you did in this post right now.

You have now changed the subject again, to whether I have backed everything "100%" or whether your new link is correct over the others that were posted before.

That was not what you initially went after me for. You went after me for supposedly not knowing that Downey's big $50 million came from a cut of the box office, which is ridiculous.

As far as I know, that was your first communication to me. I don't know you. I don't want to know you. You seem to have issues and want to create conflicts out of thin air. Then assert your superiority by carrying on and changing the subject.

This thread is not about you. No one wanted to talk about this crap anymore, and no one is impressed with your new contradictory link which is no better than any of the others on the pile of websites that have been brought up here.

The conversation had shifted to something more interesting for others, which is the new characters set to appear in the sequel.

Now you can drop this and go with the flow, or you can carry on by yourself.

Old 05-10-2013, 02:40 PM   #283
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
"Tony Stark" here is acting like someone with a personality disorder. Creating conflicts out of thin air and continuing them when everyone else has moved on.

I posted something that an article claimed.

Then no one here should be posting, because no one here is an insider privy to these contract negotiations.

That includes you. So don't come at me with your silly little link which is no better than mine.

What's that? The rules apply to you as well? You're not special?!

So that link you showed me was garbage then?

Oh, what's that? Oh goodie, one more link that contradicts all the others.

Yes, this ONE link you have here is special, and it must be the correct one. Pat yourself on the back for finding it and having the goodness in your heart to correct the rest of us in this forum.

Maybe, as I said so more than once before, we're all just grasping around in the darkness with various unconfirmed sources.

Can you confirm that this link as opposed to the one you posted before, is the one and only correct one?

If not, then you have not backed yourself up "100%." You have no right to talk and condescend to others again.

And by the way, don't think I didn't recognize what you did in this post right now.

You have now changed the subject again, to whether I have backed everything "100%" or whether your new link is correct over the others that were posted before.

That was not what you initially went after me for. You went after me for supposedly not knowing that Downey's big $50 million came from a cut of the box office, which is ridiculous.

As far as I know, that was your first communication to me. I don't know you. I don't want to know you. You seem to have issues and want to create conflicts out of thin air. Then assert your superiority by carrying on and changing the subject.

This thread is not about you. No one wanted to talk about this crap anymore, and no one is impressed with your new contradictory link which is no better than any of the others on the pile of websites that have been brought up here.

The conversation had shifted to something more interesting for others, which is the new characters set to appear in the sequel.

Now you can drop this and go with the flow, or you can carry on by yourself.
Oh shut up already. No one cares about you personal pissing contest with Tony Stark any more.

Old 05-10-2013, 02:42 PM   #284
ClarkLuther55
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webfoot Hero View Post
Oh shut up already. No one cares about you personal pissing contest with Tony Stark any more.
Take your own advice then. Don't act like you have the moral high ground by butting into a dispute and being insulting yourself.

Fact is, he insulted me and I responded. He carried on after I and everyone else had moved on, so I told him he was wrong.

Your post contributes nothing here so don't act like you're the policeman of this thread.

Old 05-10-2013, 03:19 PM   #285
Chewy
REDACTED

Old 05-10-2013, 03:53 PM   #286
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post

Whoever's next to reply just leave it there, none of us care anymore.

So, um, yeah. Saoirse Ronan.

I still believe in heroes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
"I tell ya, that Jennifer Lawrenshinch, I'd like to put my olive in her martini."
Old 05-10-2013, 03:58 PM   #287
Cagefighterkip
Mr. Golightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieMasterCBM View Post
So, um, yeah. Saoirse Ronan.
Talented lady, but not sure if she's a good fit for Scarlet Witch.

Children are not born conservative bigots. They're molded to become them by their elders. Let's leave the world a better place, people.

Love and let love. Live and let live. #NOH8
Old 05-10-2013, 04:07 PM   #288
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

I actually prefer Wanda be older than that. Like maybe 29-30 to be honest.

Old 05-10-2013, 04:10 PM   #289
Matt Mortem
A Most Wanted Ham

Ronan is a curious choice. I trust Whedon's judgement though, if that is indeed the direction he's headed.

Old 05-10-2013, 04:13 PM   #290
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

I've never seen her in anything but she was suggested for the role a lot on here and I trust Whedon's judgement, plus I think she could pull it off looks-wise.

I have a huge gut feeling that Tom Felton will be Quicksilver. Tons of fans want it, and in the Ronan report it was said that they were basically going British for these two, right?

I still believe in heroes.

Quote:
"I tell ya, that Jennifer Lawrenshinch, I'd like to put my olive in her martini."
Old 05-10-2013, 04:24 PM   #291
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
I actually prefer Wanda be older than that. Like maybe 29-30 to be honest.
I agree. Ronan seems awfully young to be joining the team in TA2. She's 19 now and would be only be 20-21 when they start and finish filming. I've always pictured SW being older when first seen on film. Having SW being so young could work since they likely wouldn't have to explain where she's been before TA2 if she was near 30. They could easily just be that her and Quicksilver's powers have just recently blossomed enough for SHIELD to take notice.

Old 05-10-2013, 04:33 PM   #292
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

Quote:
Take your own advice then. Don't act like you have the moral high ground by butting into a dispute and being insulting yourself.

Fact is, he insulted me and I responded. He carried on after I and everyone else had moved on, so I told him he was wrong.

Your post contributes nothing here so don't act like you're the policeman of this thread.
Obviously you haven't moved on by your long winded response. The point is, they weren't paid less than a million. Now for the sake of everyone here move on.

Old 05-10-2013, 04:35 PM   #293
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

And I don't really want the cliche Black Widow taking on the surrogate big sis role. I know Whedon would probably subvert something like that, but you know.

Old 05-10-2013, 04:40 PM   #294
smashmode
House Stark

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieMasterCBM View Post
I've never seen her in anything but she was suggested for the role a lot on here and I trust Whedon's judgement, plus I think she could pull it off looks-wise.

I have a huge gut feeling that Tom Felton will be Quicksilver. Tons of fans want it, and in the Ronan report it was said that they were basically going British for these two, right?

Check out Lovely Bones and Hanna.

Old 05-10-2013, 04:41 PM   #295
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Is school out already?

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 05-10-2013, 04:44 PM   #296
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

I know that both Fox and marvel have the rights for SW and QS, but it seems to me that Fox has no intention of using them. Their stories more fit with Avengers anyway, other than where they've had crossovers, like in last years A vs. X.

I also agree that Wanda should be older. At least mid 20's. I think the appeal of the last Avengers movie is you don't have the kiddie crew, ala X-men. These are all adults trying to work together, even though some can't stand each other.

I try not to suggest actors and actresses for parts, because invariably you end up disappointed and set yourself up for something that isn't going to happen. I don't know what Whedon's thoughts are on the story. With Wanda there's hundreds of different directions they could go. Is this an introduction to Vision? etc. , etc.

Joss is very good at not overloading the script with story lines. Having two more characters makes me wonder if someone will get dropped, in all likelihood Hawkeye and possibly Nick Fury, as there's really no need for Shield to play a major part in A2.

Old 05-10-2013, 04:45 PM   #297
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
Is school out already?
For most American universities it is. K-12 not for another two weeks or so.

Old 05-10-2013, 05:09 PM   #298
Mr. Dent
Banned User

http://comicbook.com/blog/2013/05/10...-marvel-chief/

Definitely being used in Avengers 2. Could be used as an explanation for SW and QS's powers, as some of us speculated.

Old 05-10-2013, 05:49 PM   #299
Ant-manic
Banned User

i can sort of see it. once costuming gets ahold of her, i'm sure that i'll believe her as the Scarlet Witch.

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...L2uvGRrSQL0AdQ

Old 05-10-2013, 05:51 PM   #300
ClarkLuther55
Side-Kick

@Tony Stark: Yawn

As for Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver's ages, how were they originally characterized in the comics?

The X-Men were originally actual teenage students at Xavier's school, weren't they? Were the Maximoff's portrayed to be around the same age?

Don't think Black Widow's going to be shoehorned into a "big sister" role at all. She seems so screwed up that I don't even think she has a real concept of what it means to have family and friends, apart from Clint.

Closed Thread