The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > The Avengers Sequels

Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2013, 11:18 PM   #426
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 2

I'd hate to see Renner go, Hawkeye was close to my favorite in Avengers I just love his cockiness on the battlefield like when he shot down the flyer without looking. Really want to see more of him and the character in the future, but if they have to recast and go to the shield show I think I might like the character less.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
( http://www.family1stclothingco.com/ )
Old 05-16-2013, 05:44 AM   #427
Kaleb
2010 SHHFFL Champ

So on the way home from work , I was listening to the car radio and they were doing a report on Cape Town been in the top 10 places to shoot films , and the Chairman of the Cape Town film board, mentioned that he got a call from Disney ( I think ) enquiring about shooting Avengers 2 in Cape Town.

Im hoping too catch the news again on the radio so I can listen to it clearly.

Old 05-16-2013, 07:03 AM   #428
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaleb View Post
So on the way home from work , I was listening to the car radio and they were doing a report on Cape Town been in the top 10 places to shoot films , and the Chairman of the Cape Town film board, mentioned that he got a call from Disney ( I think ) enquiring about shooting Avengers 2 in Cape Town.

Interesting. If it turns out to be true, I'd be willing to bet that Wakanda plays a big role in TA2.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 05-16-2013, 08:46 AM   #429
Kaleb
2010 SHHFFL Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Interesting. If it turns out to be true, I'd be willing to bet that Wakanda plays a big role in TA2.
trying to find an actual source in print.That was the only news that stood out, apart from mentioning Michael Bays new series that was also shot here.

Old 05-16-2013, 10:14 AM   #430
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Man, have any of you watched the trailer for the new Batman: Arkham Origins video game? Holy mother. It's why I once brought up how I wouldn't mind if the MCU became cgi.

Old 05-16-2013, 10:22 AM   #431
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Yeah it's great. If they can do that level of animation over a whole film I'd watch & buy everything they can put out. And this game's coming out on machines that are nearly 7/8 years old.

Old 05-16-2013, 10:30 AM   #432
DyeLorean
Cinemaphonic Quadrovision

It'll be interesting to see a change in locations.

Old 05-16-2013, 10:37 AM   #433
Blackman
C'mon Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieMasterCBM View Post
http://www.**************.com/fansit.../news/?a=79635

Anyone heard of "The Daily Superhero" before? Name rings a bell but I think they've done a few false scoops in the past, not sure.

I doubt it's true but if it is I'd be sad to see Renner go
would not be surprised at all

Old 05-16-2013, 10:38 AM   #434
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Yeah it's great. If they can do that level of animation over a whole film I'd watch & buy everything they can put out. And this game's coming out on machines that are nearly 7/8 years old.
Just imagine the possibilities of the kinds of things you'd see.

Old 05-16-2013, 11:33 AM   #435
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

I'll pick live-action over CGI for the MCU/DCU any day. There's nothing like seeing this stuff live-action.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 05-16-2013, 11:44 AM   #436
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
Just imagine the possibilities of the kinds of things you'd see.
Maybe when people see how good an Arkham or Marvel game looks in 5 years time when the next gen is in full flow, they will also support the possibility of full CGI films. The good thing here is that it's an always & quickly developing technology where every progressive year you are getting more bang for your buck, while many other costs (eg voice actors) stay relatively constant. And if not 5 years then 25 ..it'll happen one day.

And you can really do anything in a CGI film. I remember an X-Men script that would have cost $250m to do in live action back then and I was thinking I really want to see that..just do it in bloody CGI!

Old 05-16-2013, 11:51 AM   #437
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
I'll pick live-action over CGI for the MCU/DCU any day. There's nothing like seeing this stuff live-action.
Seriously take a look at this though .... Look how at how fluid and natural the characters move. The detail and realism of Deathstroke's and Batman's faces. The lighting, I mean it almost looks real life.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 05-16-2013, 11:58 AM   #438
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

The other thing is you don't need actors who just happen to be 6'4 and with the capacity to get into the shape of a Greek God. Can choose the best actors regardless of physical appearance & noone will have the power to drain the production of $50m! Maybe it's still a little early but I expect a lot of people to change their minds when the tech reaches a certain level.

Old 05-16-2013, 12:25 PM   #439
Zarex
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
The other thing is you don't need actors who just happen to be 6'4 and with the capacity to get into the shape of a Greek God. Can choose the best actors regardless of physical appearance & noone will have the power to drain the production of $50m! Maybe it's still a little early but I expect a lot of people to change their minds when the tech reaches a certain level.
If you're referring to Downey's compensation, I would hardly consider it a "drain". He played a vital role in putting Iron Man up there with the big three of Bats, Supes and Spidey and turning both his solo films and the
Avengers into billion dollar franchises. And he is as responsible as anyone not named Kevin Feige for the success of the MCU. I would say, and Disney/Marvel would likely agree, that he has been worth every penny they have paid him.

Old 05-16-2013, 12:30 PM   #440
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarex View Post
If you're referring to Downey's compensation, I would hardly consider it a "drain". He played a vital role in putting Iron Man up there with the big three of Bats, Supes and Spidey and turning both his solo films and the
Avengers into billion dollar franchises. And he is as responsible as anyone not named Kevin Feige for the success of the MCU. I would say, and Disney/Marvel would likely agree, that he has been worth every penny they have paid him.
I would agree as well. He's been crucial. But this would stop anyone in future from becoming a drain or even a worthwhile waste of $50m.

Old 05-16-2013, 01:18 PM   #441
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaleb View Post

So Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver and (potentially) Black Panther in Avengers 2?

I still believe in heroes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
"I tell ya, that Jennifer Lawrenshinch, I'd like to put my olive in her martini."
Old 05-16-2013, 01:38 PM   #442
SpocksBrain
Internet Geek

About making these movies as CGI:

Wright or wrong, many people simply do not take animation (computer or otherwise) seriously. Doing something like this would only appeal to a fraction of the market that live action would.

But I think the most important thing is that even though it might look great, would the performances of the characters be as nuanced and engaging as live actors? I think that's doubtful. And if so, then there is even more limited appeal.

Now, Avatar level motion and performance capture could possibly work, but that's not cheap. And if doing CGI right would be more expensive than live action, again, I don't see it happening.

Old 05-16-2013, 02:12 PM   #443
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpocksBrain View Post

Wright or wrong, many people simply do not take animation (computer or otherwise) seriously. Doing something like this would only appeal to a fraction of the market that live action would.

But I think the most important thing is that even though it might look great, would the performances of the characters be as nuanced and engaging as live actors? I think that's doubtful. And if so, then there is even more limited appeal.

Now, Avatar level motion and performance capture could possibly work, but that's not cheap. And if doing CGI right would be more expensive than live action, again, I don't see it happening.
These don't need to replace live action, they can be a new product for eg if live action superhero films go through a down period. Live action will always be different and have its own market.

Eventually the costs of an Avatar like CG film will be far lower. And you might be able to do some super high-tech direct motion capture of an actor's whole facial performance so that you capture more of those nuances. And the advantage again is that the actor doesn't need to look like the character and especially doesn't need to be the height/size of that character. That's one of the reasons wrestlers are so often suggested to play many comic characters. Actors also won't have the power to stop these films being made, won't be able to demand crazy salaries and won't suffer as much from aging for a long term franchise.

And you're certainly right that much of the GA would never watch a CG film. But if the costs are much less then you're taking far less risk & don't need to make such big money anymore. You can make enough from the population of people who do want to see these things.

Old 05-16-2013, 02:15 PM   #444
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
Seriously take a look at this though .... Look how at how fluid and natural the characters move. The detail and realism of Deathstroke's and Batman's faces. The lighting, I mean it almost looks real life.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpocksBrain View Post

Live action 10/10 times for me. As rock said, it almost looks like real life...key word..almost. Live action IS the closest we will ever get to seeing our heroes in real life on screen

Old 05-16-2013, 02:19 PM   #445
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
Live action 10/10 times for me. As rock said, it almost looks like real life...key word..almost. Live action IS the closest we will ever get to seeing our heroes in real life on screen
And if you can have both?

Old 05-17-2013, 01:01 AM   #446
Artistsean
Monkey Boy

How has Iron Man 3 and (how will) the new SHIELD tv show effect the Avengers films?

Old 05-17-2013, 01:37 AM   #447
Mr. Dent
Banned User

We'd have to wait and see Avengers 2 to find that out won't we.

Old 05-17-2013, 02:15 AM   #448
Adder
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
After having just seen Iron Man 3, let alone the big Oil Rig sequence in terms of how it was executed on screen, I really do hope that Whedon really steps it up several notches when it comes to how he portrays his action sequences.

I've said this before that while I do think Whedon knows on how to direct his actors and present a great story, filled with great and interesting characters, when it comes some of the production aspects of making a film, he tends to lack in some areas, namely, when it comes to staging a great action sequence.

Case in point, while the budget for "The Avengers", let alone the scope of the story, was bigger than "Iron Man 3", I felt that the scenes in Iron Man 3 were much more intense and executed better than an good amount of the action sequences in The Avengers. The gunfight sequence in the Hellcarrier was without a doubt one of the most plain and boring sequences that I've seen within an action film; it felt like something that I'd see in a TV episode.

And I really hope that the Avengers sequel isn't afraid to actually show the casualties and horrors of deaths like the first one did since Iron Man 3 had those needed qualities in my opinion, whereas I felt the Avengers felt hesitant at times to fully go there when they could have.
hmm, I felt nothing during the IM3 final battle. it was boring. the armors NEVER did anything exciting. there was not one, "holy **** that was cool moment"

very anticlimactic and forgettable.

Old 05-17-2013, 04:01 AM   #449
SpideyFan866
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artistsean View Post
How has Iron Man 3 and (how will) the new SHIELD tv show effect the Avengers films?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
We'd have to wait and see Avengers 2 to find that out won't we.
No.

One thing we already know is gonna happen: There's gonna be major fallout between The Avengers and Fury/SHIELD for faking the death of Coulson and, good or bad, manipulating them into working togehter

Old 05-17-2013, 04:42 AM   #450
fixxxer
Side-Kick

So based on the current batch of rumors, we might be able to possibly expect the following roster for TA2:

Iron Man
Captain America
Thor
Hulk
Black Widow
Hawkeye
Scarlet Witch
Quicksilver
Black Panther (nothing concrete)

While I desperately want to see BP on the big screen, I would prefer they saved him for a solo BP film set almost completely in Wakanda.

Last edited by fixxxer; 05-17-2013 at 04:49 AM.
Closed Thread