Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > The Avengers Sequels

Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2013, 04:47 AM   #526
TheHeatKitchen
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB-the-Hunter View Post
I don't see how QS and SW being added disqualifies BP. It doesn't. Until they're confirmed to not appear in the film, nothing's changed.
I think it's just the idea that if they keep adding random members, it decreases the chance of other additions. They aren't going to add EVERYONE. I tend to agree with him. Adding these two lowers the chance of us seeing Black Panther, Wasp and Ant Man in Avengers 2.

Old 05-20-2013, 05:00 AM   #527
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Except we don't even know if SW and QS will even be Avengers for most of the film.

And we were never going to see Wasp and Ant-Man in Avengers 2 when they have a movie 6 months later. And if Black Panther is going to have a movie I doubt we'll see him as a part of the Avengers in any real capacity anyway.

Old 05-20-2013, 05:24 AM   #528
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB-the-Hunter View Post
I don't see how QS and SW being added disqualifies BP. It doesn't. Until they're confirmed to not appear in the film, nothing's changed.
As hard as it was for them to balance six Avengers in TA you really think they're gonna have 9+ in the sequel?

I understand being positive, but you also have to be realistic.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
Old 05-20-2013, 06:07 AM   #529
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

hehe I just realized the initials for The Avengers 2 will spell TATTOO (TA2)

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Old 05-20-2013, 07:26 AM   #530
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
As hard as it was for them to balance six Avengers in TA you really think they're gonna have 9+ in the sequel?

How is 9+ "unrealistic?"

The Fellowship of the Ring....The Hobbit....Reservoir Dogs....The Dirty Dozen....Ocean's Eleven/Twelve/Thirteen....

Hollywood has successfully done much bigger ensembles than that. Yeah, somebody gets shortchanged at the expense of somebody else, but it doesn't necessarily make for a worse movie for that. A good filmmaker can make a large cast still appealing by giving individual characters punchier lines, greater personality and more to do in a shorter amount of screentime.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 05-20-2013, 07:51 AM   #531
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
How is 9+ "unrealistic?"

The Fellowship of the Ring....The Hobbit....Reservoir Dogs....The Dirty Dozen....Ocean's Eleven/Twelve/Thirteen....

Hollywood has successfully done much bigger ensembles than that. Yeah, somebody gets shortchanged at the expense of somebody else, but it doesn't necessarily make for a worse movie for that. A good filmmaker can make a large cast still appealing by giving individual characters punchier lines, greater personality and more to do in a shorter amount of screentime.
To me it looks like he said it's unrealistic to expect them to use that many, not that they can't use that many.

That said some of your examples show how small roles can be in a big ensemble. The Hobbit probably being the most significant since some characters didn't have a single line in the entire movie. In a superhero movie I think you need to make everyone special, both so the "super" gets across and so you really show the character so that the conflict and their powers mean something. Some of the small criticism that can be made against TA is that it didn't even show off it's big gun as much as it could when it really came down to it.

Old 05-20-2013, 08:02 AM   #532
DyeLorean
Cinemaphonic Quadrovision

I think Ant-Man will cameo in Avengers 2. It's the next movie after that one, from a marketing stand point it's their best chance to introduce the character, in a movie that will make 1 billion+.

Old 05-20-2013, 08:22 AM   #533
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Ant-Man is an origin movie therefore it wouldn't make sense for him to cameo in Avengers 2.

Old 05-20-2013, 08:35 AM   #534
DyeLorean
Cinemaphonic Quadrovision

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
Ant-Man is an origin movie therefore it wouldn't make sense for him to cameo in Avengers 2.
I didn't mean Ant-Man per se, but a name, a hint. Besides, the origin of Ant-Man could be at the same time as any of the other movies, it doesn't have to be after Avengers 2. We don't know that.

Old 05-20-2013, 08:39 AM   #535
H.U.S.T.L.E.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
I could see them introducing the character of Pym in A2 in some capacity, before he creates his Ant-Man persona. That way you can still do the origin story but the general audience has some idea of who this guy is - I think Ant-Man is going to be a tough movie to sell since he's not a widely-known character to the general public, so it'd be smart to partially introduce the character in some fashion during a huge blockbuster film.

Old 05-20-2013, 08:56 AM   #536
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by H.U.S.T.L.E. View Post
I could see them introducing the character of Pym in A2 in some capacity, before he creates his Ant-Man persona. That way you can still do the origin story but the general audience has some idea of who this guy is - I think Ant-Man is going to be a tough movie to sell since he's not a widely-known character to the general public, so it'd be smart to partially introduce the character in some fashion during a huge blockbuster film.
Were the Incredibles widely known to the general public? Or Blade? Or even any other movie character invented purely for the movies?

Old 05-20-2013, 11:54 AM   #537
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post

Ain't that the truth.

Old 05-20-2013, 11:59 AM   #538
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

It's ok balancing a large number of characters who've already been established but you can't have loads of brand new characters on top of that & have them all get done justice. Adding SW & Quicksilver with no solo film of their own is fine in addition to the current 6. After that I'd rather have any new guys like BP get a solo film so we don't have to waste time telling their story if they're included. And 1 extra new character on top of SW & QS would be the max (& probably too much).

Old 05-20-2013, 01:07 PM   #539
VictorShade
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyroChamber View Post
Since they're not allowed to use the mutant backstory for Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch, does anyone think that maybe they'll have an explanation for people who are born with powers on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. so that by the time the movie is released they won't have to say much about it?
The way to take care of this question is also the way to take care of the "mutant' and 'Magneto' issues as well.
Make Quicksilver and Wanda Inhumans!!! We already heard rumors months ago that an Inhuman movie was an option for a future release (phase3,4?). The Inhumans also open up the connection to the Kree. And the Kree are associated with Guardians story.
So you make the twins Inhummans. So they are part of a select genetic breed of socially isolated people, with extreme powers, ....sound familiar?
And make their father,..... the greatest enemy,.......of the said group of people, (sound familiar),..Maximus the Mad!!!
Let's see, explains origin, powers, parentage and possible motivation, while introducing the aspects of the Inhumans AND the Kree to the MCU.

I rest my case.

*and for those of you who are SO married to Magneto being their father, realize that was all reconstructed crap in the 70's to try to make them more interesting. And they have WAYYYY more Avengers connection and ties, than do they to mutants and the mutant cause. And Maximus the Mad as your father? That's prob WAYYY more disturbing a story than Mag's!

Last edited by VictorShade; 05-20-2013 at 07:48 PM.
Old 05-20-2013, 01:15 PM   #540
Chewy
REDACTED

Quote:
How is 9+ "unrealistic?"

How many of those movies had 4 legitimate leads?

And how many of those gave the ninth character on the call sheet an actual story arc?

I doubt fans will be pleased with a Black Panther who is only in the movie for 7 minutes and has a half-dozen lines

Old 05-20-2013, 01:20 PM   #541
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post

And how many of those gave the ninth character on the call sheet an actual story arc?

I doubt fans will be pleased with a Black Panther who is only in the movie for 7 minutes and has a half-dozen lines
Yeah & when BP has had his story properly told in his own solo film and already appeared in one Avengers film, then I think people will accept a smaller role for him & other characters in Avengers films after that, depending on who is in focus for a particular film. SW & QS won't need to feature as leads in future Avengers films after A2 but they can still make appearances & people won't mind if they have less screen time.

Old 05-20-2013, 01:35 PM   #542
bubbadoom
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorShade View Post
The way to take care of this question is also the way to take care of the "mutant' and 'Magneto' issues as well.
Make Quicksilver and Wanda Inhumans!!! We already heard rumors months ago that an Inhuman movie was an option for future a future release (phase3,4?). The Inhumans also open up the connection to the Kree. And the Kree are associated with Guardians story.
So you make the twins Inhummans. So they are part of a select genetic breed of socially isolated people, with extreme powers, ....sound familiar?
And make their father,..... the greatest enemy,.......of the said group of people, (sound familiar),..Maximus the Mad!!!
Let's see, explains origin, powers, parentage and possible motivation, while introducing the aspects of the Inhumans AND the Kree to the MCU.

I rest my case.

*and for those of you who are SO married to Magneto being their father, realize that was all reconstructed crap in the 60's to try to make them more interesting. And they have WAYYYY more Avengers connection and ties, than do they to mutants and the mutant cause. And Maximus the Mad as your father? That's prob WAYYY more disturbing a story than Mag's!
I have NO problem with Magneto not being QS/SW's father - since he was NOT their pop for the first 20 or so years of their existence. Just when did Claremont [I assume] rewrite their back story to establish this kinship?

Old 05-20-2013, 01:38 PM   #543
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post

Who says BP (if he's in, of course) would be the one with 7 minutes and half a dozen lines?

To me, it'd make more sense to make TA2 (and the following sequels) a "mentoring" type scenario. Let Iron Man have the 7 minutes and half a dozen lines (he's already had the most exposure, and less screentime would probably be cheaper on Marvel's wallet) and give the new blood more facetime with the audience.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 05-20-2013, 01:44 PM   #544
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

Quote:
Who says BP (if he's in, of course) would be the one with 7 minutes and half a dozen lines?

To me, it'd make more sense to make TA2 (and the following sequels) a "mentoring" type scenario. Let Iron Man have the 7 minutes and half a dozen lines (he's already had the most exposure, and less screentime would probably be cheaper on Marvel's wallet) and give the new blood more facetime with the audience.
That might happen after Avengers 2 but that sequel I think will still have Stark front & centre.

Old 05-20-2013, 01:49 PM   #545
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

I doubt they would bring in Black Panther, especially when the cast is as large as it is. If there is an absolute need to have the character, bring him in a post-credits or Easter Egg appearance in the film, and then have Wakanda in the foreground of the next film, whether it be a Black Panther film, or other one. The line of succession and Man Ape intervention should not be reduced to 2 minutes, but expanded to two hours. Think about it: if they did a film with Wakanda as the main setting, they could bring in Klaw, and have him aligned with Man-Ape, and have the story centered around AIM/HYDRA' involvement in Wakanda, and have two main villains, one of the MCU terrorit organizations, and give Pym, Black Panther, and someone else some adequate screentime.

"I've known since I first took over the series that I wanted to eventually have someone else pick up the hammer," says the writer. "It's kind of a time-honored Thor tradition at this point, isn't it? Going back to the days of Beta Ray Bill."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Johns
“At DC, we really see film and TV as separate worlds."
Old 05-20-2013, 02:03 PM   #546
Chewy
REDACTED

Quote:

The audience doesn't want more facetime with the new blood.

They want another Iron Man-Captain America-Thor-Hulk teamup movie

Old 05-20-2013, 03:15 PM   #547
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

more news today folks! Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver!
http://spinoff.comicbookresources.co...in-avengers-2/

....to every King.

Old 05-20-2013, 03:15 PM   #548
roach
I am the night

Hey gang I have a question...did he say QS and SW were going to be in this film...actually name them...cause I read an article where he didn't name the two characters but said they were going to be bad guys.

http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-...163604314.html

The only reason I ask is that there are other brother sister acts in Marvel Comics. It seems weird that he'd name characters already. However my nerd-omiter went off and it could be a smoke screen and a brother/sister team which could fit this universe is Fenris...seems like they'd be able to handle the Avengers since they at some point run a terror organization splintered from Hydra

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fenris_(comics)

Unless of course he said QS and SW by name...then ignore me.

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in today’s protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You don’t like a story? That’s fine – don’t read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 05-20-2013, 03:21 PM   #549
Endeavor
Que bolá con el timbeque?

Whedon has confirmed he was talking about Wanda and Pietro. Check out the link Vartha posted at the same time you were asking.

Old 05-20-2013, 03:22 PM   #550
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
Hey gang I have a question...did he say QS and SW were going to be in this film...actually name them...cause I read an article where he didn't name the two characters but said they were going to be bad guys.

http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-...163604314.html

The only reason I ask is that there are other brother sister acts in Marvel Comics. It seems weird that he'd name characters already. However my nerd-omiter went off and it could be a smoke screen and a brother/sister team which could fit this universe is Fenris...seems like they'd be able to handle the Avengers since they at some point run a terror organization splintered from Hydra

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fenris_(comics)

Unless of course he said QS and SW by name...then ignore me.
Well people often forget that QS & SW were bad guys like Hawkeye and Vision BEFORE they were good guys in the Comics. I'm curious where Joss would go with the two

....to every King.

Closed Thread