Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2013, 06:21 PM   #676
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
This is the most wonderful thing.

Yeah, I'm just worried that if Pan of Steel isn't widely accepted by the audience and critics, they might try to shoehorn Pinocchio into the sequel, and we all know how long Hollywood has been trying to do a 'Pan vs Pinocchio' team up movie.
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Old 05-23-2013, 06:22 PM   #677
Parker Wayne
Classic Spider-Bat

Really? Some of you guys didn't think he was already in the script?

Parker Wayne will destroy us all as the Light beckons us to his unearthly call. Like a drop of cool condensation cascading down the side of a glass on a hot summer's day, we too will evaporate into The Void.
Old 05-23-2013, 06:25 PM   #678
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
I missed it too. Where is this article?
The article at Hitfix clearly stated that Singer had scenes and sequences in the DOFP script that were specifically written for Quicksilver.

Old 05-23-2013, 06:26 PM   #679
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
Gavin Hood cries into his pillow
That movie counts for nothing.

Yeah, I'm just worried that if Pan of Steel isn't widely accepted by the audience and critics, they might try to shoehorn Pinocchio into the sequel, and we all know how long Hollywood has been trying to do a 'Pan vs Pinocchio' team up movie.
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Old 05-23-2013, 07:13 PM   #680
T"Challa
Side-Kick

Here's the thing though: I'm pretty sure Joss was aware of these rights issiesand such. WHen he decided to include the Maximoffs, don't you think he would have talked to Feige first to figure out if he had the green light? And in turn, wouldn't Feige have reached out to his Fox contacts to make sure Quicksilver wasn't in any immediate plans before he gave Joss the go ahead?

This is why i'm finding it hard to believe that QS was in the DOFP script from day 1. That info would have reached somebody who would have relayed that message to Whedon after that first script was handed in.

Old 05-23-2013, 07:19 PM   #681
Parker Wayne
Classic Spider-Bat

Feige didn't have to talk to them. All he probably had to talk to was their own legal department. They didn't have to contact Fox at all. I really don't think Marvel Studios and Fox talk to each other.

Parker Wayne will destroy us all as the Light beckons us to his unearthly call. Like a drop of cool condensation cascading down the side of a glass on a hot summer's day, we too will evaporate into The Void.
Old 05-23-2013, 07:20 PM   #682
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

Quote:
Originally Posted by T"Challa View Post
Here's the thing though: I'm pretty sure Joss was aware of these rights issiesand such. WHen he decided to include the Maximoffs, don't you think he would have talked to Feige first to figure out if he had the green light? And in turn, wouldn't Feige have reached out to his Fox contacts to make sure Quicksilver wasn't in any immediate plans before he gave Joss the go ahead?

This is why i'm finding it hard to believe that QS was in the DOFP script from day 1. That info would have reached somebody who would have relayed that message to Whedon after that first script was handed in.
Hitfix is pretty reliable though, so if they say Singer wrote a scene/sequence in the script that was specific for Quicksilver, I would tend to believe them.

Especially since DOFP has been filming for almost a month now. You don't just up and write a completely new sequence, especially one that has to include special f/x and other set props on the fly like that.

The news that Whedon wanted to use Pietro in The Avengers has barely been out a month.

Old 05-23-2013, 07:28 PM   #683
Blackman
C'mon Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post
This is the most wonderful thing.

I used him, I used him,I used him,I used him, I used him, I used him FIRST

Old 05-23-2013, 07:30 PM   #684
T"Challa
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperT View Post
Hitfix is pretty reliable though, so if they say Singer wrote a scene/sequence in the script that was specific for Quicksilver, I would tend to believe them.

Especially since DOFP has been filming for almost a month now. You don't just up and write a completely new sequence, especially one that has to include special f/x and other set props on the fly like that.

The news that Whedon wanted to use Pietro in The Avengers has barely been out a month.
Thats what i'm saying though. I believe there's no way Joss would have written that character in had he known Singer was gonna use him as well. And there's no way QS being in DOFP would have gotten past Feige.

Old 05-23-2013, 07:35 PM   #685
Farren
Side Kicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker Wayne View Post
Feige didn't have to talk to them. All he probably had to talk to was their own legal department. They didn't have to contact Fox at all. I really don't think Marvel Studios and Fox talk to each other.
I think this might be closer to the mark.

Even if Fox and Marvel DO keep in contact about these sorts of things, that doesn't necessarily change their decisions.

I assume the reason neither studio touched Wanda and Pietro for years was out of fear of potential legal reprisal from the other. If there was any sort of pipeline or agreement between them it was one driven by a desire to keep the peace.

Whether it was Joss's script or Singer's that came first, or who knew what and when, it probably doesn't really matter. Eventually someone was going to draw first blood and use these characters. And it makes sense that the rival studio would follow suit in order to compete for the audience.

Last edited by Farren; 05-23-2013 at 07:37 PM. Reason: i can't use grammar correctly
Old 05-23-2013, 07:38 PM   #686
Eddie
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperT View Post

That's the thing, though. Singer wasn't even attached to this film from the beginning. If Quicksilver is in because Bryan Singer wrote a part for him he wasn't in the script from day one. Singer wasn't hired for DOFP until after Whedon was hired for Avengers 2. If Whedon planned for Quicksilver from day one...

Old 05-23-2013, 07:43 PM   #687
Roose Bolton
Blood of the First Men

Singer helped create the script for FC didn't he? I'd assume he did the same for DofP before Vaughn dropped out.

Old 05-23-2013, 07:45 PM   #688
T"Challa
Side-Kick

And this scene Singer says requires Quicksilver specifically, it got me thinking..QS doesnt really have a great power set outside of superspeed. There are multiple mutants with his abilities and more..i can name 3 off the top of my head. QS has been unique because of his twin relationship with Wanda. If Singer doesnt intend to use her as well, what kind of action scene could he possible be filming that he couldn't achieve with any other mutant with superspeed?

Old 05-23-2013, 07:46 PM   #689
Eddie
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon sexton View Post
Singer helped create the script for FC didn't he? I'd assume he did the same for DofP before Vaughn dropped out.
He was a producer on First Class. I don't think there was any talk of him having script involvement on DOFP while Vaughn was still attached.

Old 05-23-2013, 07:50 PM   #690
Roose Bolton
Blood of the First Men

He also worked on the story of First Class, like he did with all the other X-Men films he's worked on. Would not surprise me in the slightest of he did the same for DofP.

Old 05-23-2013, 07:57 PM   #691
Blackman
C'mon Son

i dont know if this has been posted yet but Singer deleted his old tweet that says: "Before he was an Avenger" and replaced it with:

"Thrilled to say #EvanPeters is joining #XMen #DaysOfFuturePast as #Quicksilver."

Old 05-23-2013, 07:58 PM   #692
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Rock Sexton..Oberon Sexton..I thought you guys were the same people, until this point, I thought Oberon Changed his name to Rock....you are two separate people..mind blown...

something worth noting. In the SHIELD trailer, there is a scene with someone running away with super speed, you guys think it could be Quicksilver?

Old 05-23-2013, 07:59 PM   #693
Eddie
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon sexton View Post
He also worked on the story of First Class, like he did with all the other X-Men films he's worked on. Would not surprise me in the slightest of he did the same for DofP.
There were multiple screenwriters attached to this project prior to Singer getting the director job. He did not write the screenplay for this that long ago. He may have had some ideas for the story. It's seriously questionable that those ideas included throwing in a Quicksilver sequence that was apparently so important to him, yet was one of the last roles cast.

Old 05-23-2013, 08:01 PM   #694
Roose Bolton
Blood of the First Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
Rock Sexton..Oberon Sexton..I thought you guys were the same people, until this point, I thought Oberon Changed his name to Rock....you are two separate people..mind blown...
We came from the same genetic donor

Old 05-23-2013, 08:04 PM   #695
Roose Bolton
Blood of the First Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
There were multiple screenwriters attached to this project prior to Singer getting the director job. He did not write the screenplay for this that long ago. He may have had some ideas for the story. It's seriously questionable that those ideas included throwing in a Quicksilver sequence that was apparently so important to him, yet was one of the last roles cast.
Not probable but still possible

Old 05-23-2013, 08:04 PM   #696
Eddie
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackman View Post
i dont know if this has been posted yet but Singer deleted his old tweet that says: "Before he was an Avenger" and replaced it with:

"Thrilled to say #EvanPeters is joining #XMen #DaysOfFuturePast as #Quicksilver."
Well that's telling. I'm not sure what it means exactly, but it's definitely saying something that he changed it. I'd say it's either

a) Marvel & Fox have decided to make certain fans very happy and bring their franchises together. Singer jumped the gun with his earlier Avengers comment.

b) Singer made the wrong people very angry earlier.

Sadly, it's probably choice b.

Old 05-23-2013, 08:04 PM   #697
Saitou Hajime
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker Wayne View Post
We don't know that yet. We don't what capacity they'll even be in both movies.
Dunno, Singer's quip regarding Quicksilver being "just a REALLY fast kid" seems to support Drew's assertion that his role in DOFP isn't significant. He'll probably be some unassuming mutant called upon to perform a certain task and have a random name drop to assert some form of recognition ala Arclight from X3 (or most of those random mutants from X3, for that matter)

Old 05-23-2013, 08:08 PM   #698
Chewy
REDACTED

There are at least a dozen characters that will eat up screentime in that movie and he was cast after they'd already been filming for a month, he'll definitely have a minor role

Old 05-23-2013, 08:14 PM   #699
Eddie
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
There are at least a dozen characters that will eat up screentime in that movie and he was cast after they'd already been filming for a month, he'll definitely have a minor role
But... but... he 's integral to Bryan Singer's vision and he's been in the script since day 1!

Old 05-23-2013, 08:22 PM   #700
Son of Coul
Not 100% A Dick

I would be surprised if it amounted to more than Multiple Man's role in X3.

Closed Thread