The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > The Avengers Sequels

Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2013, 03:13 PM   #826
MahvelBaby!
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 2

I would be pissed if that poor excuse for an X-Men franchise is magically considered a part of MCU continuity, only was is if Marvel and Fox team up on a complete and total reboot, (Hopefully a more faithful interpretation as well) not saying go full on blue/yellow spandex, but still something more faithful overall. and that doesn't revolve around Wolverine please! I'd love to see Cyclops done right as well.

Old 05-24-2013, 03:20 PM   #827
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

The chances of seeing Mr Summers done right are Slim.

Old 05-24-2013, 03:27 PM   #828
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick

Yeah if theres one character that has been poorly served by the Singer/Fox/Ratner X-movies its poor old Cyke. At this point they're better off pretending he never existed.

Didnt exactly help Marsden's career either, as it just confirmed that he was a pretty face with zero presence or personality or agency. Well actually SR confirmed this, but the X-movies laid the foundation. Maybe Singer secretly hates him for some reason and casting him in these seemingly high profile movies is all part of some elaborate plan. Wait, is he in this new movie? Run James! Run while you still have a career!!!

At the risk of being totally offensive...there's a quote from Ghandi about Christianity that can be reappropriated for this.

"I like your Christopher Nolan, but I do not like your Nolanites."
Old 05-24-2013, 04:01 PM   #829
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

If Fox own the rights to Alpha Flight they could use Northstar and Aurora instead of Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch. I doubt they will even mention Quicksilver is Magneto's son in DOFP.

Old 05-24-2013, 04:51 PM   #830
RockSP
MYTH SMITH ∞!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
What you did there...I see it.

http://myth-smith.com/
Old 05-24-2013, 06:10 PM   #831
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
Well if you ask ME, Pietro and Wanda were very RARELY in X-Books and more in Avengers, so Singer has no claim to them just because they're mutants.
Quicksilver and Scarlet witch were part of the Wondagore arc and that wasn't in the X-books
This is logical and thus invalid.

Old 05-24-2013, 06:13 PM   #832
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

The only thing that really matters is the contract between the studios, which seems pretty clear: Marvel can't call them mutants or mention their father. Fox hasn't done anything legally wrong here.

Old 05-24-2013, 06:14 PM   #833
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
The only thing that really matters is the contract between the studios, which seems pretty clear: Marvel can't call them mutants or mention their father. Fox hasn't done anything legally wrong here.
No, I am pretty sure they can mention their father. They just can't name him. Which means they will simply not know who their father is if they show up.

And I think that is great. Can really play up a sense of not having a real place in the world. Explore the isolation their abilities have caused for them. That they are of an unknown origin makes it even better imo.

Old 05-24-2013, 06:15 PM   #834
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
Well if you ask ME, Pietro and Wanda were very RARELY in X-Books and more in Avengers, so Singer has no claim to them just because they're mutants.
Quicksilver and Scarlet witch were part of the Wondagore arc and that wasn't in the X-books
Wow someone actually knows the real history about the characters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
No, I am pretty sure they can mention their father. They just can't name him. Which means they will simply not know who their father is if they show up.
Which is the way it should be anyway.

Old 05-24-2013, 06:17 PM   #835
Endeavor
Que bolŠ con el timbeque?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
From the new Entertainment Weekly: "As for the possibility of an appearance in The Avengers 2 [for Jackman], [Wolverine Producer Hutch] Parker demurs: 'I don't even know how to handicap that. But it would certainly be exciting to see.'"
Great. Wolverine glory-hogging Avengers time... because, you know, he's not taking enough of everybody else's limelight already...

Somebody shoot me.

Old 05-24-2013, 06:17 PM   #836
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
Wow someone actually knows the real history about the characters.

Which is the way it should be anyway.
Exactly. I have seen a lot of talk about all these "hints" at who their father is from Fury and others, when logic dictates, especially if they are in their late teens, early 20s, that they have no idea who their father is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endeavor View Post
Great. Wolverine glory-hogging Avengers time... because, you know, he's not taking enough of everybody else's limelight already...

Somebody shoot me.
The verbal beatdown from Tony would be more then enough to put him in his place.

Old 05-24-2013, 06:26 PM   #837
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

How do those two get along in the books? I never see them talk except for like a quip here and there.

Old 05-24-2013, 06:27 PM   #838
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post

A shameless pun is shameless.

Old 05-24-2013, 06:31 PM   #839
JP
Smelly

Marvel made some ****** decisions decades ago and built contracts with a ****** legal department on those decisions. Am I supposed to feel sorry for them that their own decisions are biting them in the ass and that mean ole Fox is using a character they have every right to use?

It is what it is.

Old 05-24-2013, 06:34 PM   #840
Mrs. Sawyer
I wear the pants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
Marvel made some ****** decisions decades ago and built contracts with a ****** legal department on those decisions. Am I supposed to feel sorry for them that their own decisions are biting them in the ass and that mean ole Fox is using a character they have every right to use?

It is what it is.
To be fair, they had to make those decisions to save their company. They filed for bankruptcy in the mid-90s and were close to being nonexistent.

To be honest, I don't care that Spider-Man and X-Men are part of different studios for the most part. I only care that Fantastic Four is still with Fox because a lot of the bigger elements of The Marvel Universe is with them, like Galactus, Dr. Doom, and The Skrulls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
Mrs. Sawyer will destroy us all as the Light beckons us to his unearthly call. Like a drop of cool condensation cascading down the side of a glass on a hot summer's day, we too will evaporate into The Void.
Old 05-24-2013, 06:35 PM   #841
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker Wayne View Post
To be fair, they had to make those decisions to save their company. They filed for bankruptcy in the mid-90s and were close to being nonexistent.
Yeah, you can't always escape the deal with the devil if you want to survive.

Old 05-24-2013, 06:38 PM   #842
Mrs. Sawyer
I wear the pants.

Then again, given the stupid logic and decisions of both Marvel (and also DC) before the comics crash, Marvel deserved to be bankrupt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
Mrs. Sawyer will destroy us all as the Light beckons us to his unearthly call. Like a drop of cool condensation cascading down the side of a glass on a hot summer's day, we too will evaporate into The Void.
Old 05-24-2013, 07:11 PM   #843
Whiskey Tango
2008 ~ 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker Wayne View Post
To be honest, I don't care that Spider-Man and X-Men are part of different studios for the most part. I only care that Fantastic Four is still with Fox because a lot of the bigger elements of The Marvel Universe is with them, like Galactus, Dr. Doom, and The Skrulls.
Aye.

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 05-24-2013, 07:19 PM   #844
kosh33
MCU Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endeavor View Post

Somebody shoot me.

maybe thanos can decapitate wolverine in the first few minutes of the movie.. that should end the hogging..

Old 05-24-2013, 08:26 PM   #845
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
Aye.
Double aye.
Really wish the f4 were in the MCU more than any other team or hero

3. The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies
4. Guardians of the Galaxy
5. Interstellar

Old 05-24-2013, 09:26 PM   #846
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post

And I think that is great. Can really play up a sense of not having a real place in the world. Explore the isolation their abilities have caused for them. That they are of an unknown origin makes it even better imo.
I meant that they couldn't mention Magneto, not that they couldn't mention any father.

Old 05-24-2013, 09:30 PM   #847
Sun_Down
Groovy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post

It is what it is.
This is how I feel. Fox has every right to use Quicksilver and their movie is coming out first. Sure, Whedon announced a general intention to use the twins first, but Singer signed an actor and wrote a scene. For all we know, Whedon's plans may have (and might still) never come to fruition. I recognize the twins have deep roots with both groups, but they're mutants. Fair game for Singer and co.

I seriously just don't get all the hatred here. I like X-Men and I like Avengers. I really doubt that the fate of a 2nd tier character is really going to ruin either franchise (I like Quicksilver a lot, BTW, but he's 2nd or 3rd tier on either team).

Also, given how movies are made, are people really assuming that Singer wrote this scene and cast this character all in the span of the last two weeks? I find that doubtful. We have no idea how long ago he came up with this idea or started talks with Peter's people. Maybe it was a long time ago and the contract didn't get signed until now, for any number of plausible reasons. Maybe it was Joss who undercut Singer with his announcement, not the other way around.

Old 05-25-2013, 12:49 AM   #848
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun_Down View Post
Also, given how movies are made, are people really assuming that Singer wrote this scene and cast this character all in the span of the last two weeks? I find that doubtful. We have no idea how long ago he came up with this idea or started talks with Peter's people. Maybe it was a long time ago and the contract didn't get signed until now, for any number of plausible reasons. Maybe it was Joss who undercut Singer with his announcement, not the other way around.
Yes, Singer very well could've written QS into the script long, long ago. But our assumptions that he *didn't* are based on some very all-over-the-place casting decisions, Tweets and photos, and other character rumors that make DOFP sound very haphazard, play-it-by-ear. The fact that Singer chose to insert a little dig at Marvel Studios by saying "...*before* he was an Avenger" makes it sound like he's being an instigator here.

It's just very, very hard to believe Singer when he says that Quicksilver is absolutely essential to the plot of a very famous storyline where Quicksilver wasn't, you know, essential to the plot.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 05-25-2013, 01:31 AM   #849
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Especially when he could have used Northstar for his speedster scene.

Old 05-25-2013, 01:47 AM   #850
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasimod0 View Post
Double aye.
Really wish the f4 were in the MCU more than any other team or hero
Yeah, F4 are the most important structurally by far. X-Men can succeed in a separate universe (although a crossover would be great in a few decades time) but Spidey I think is a miss from an Avengers cameo. The benefit of (Sony &) Fox having these properties is that we're guaranteed films every few years for life. So as long as they can make good films (and both have shown that they're capable) it should be win win whatever happens with the rights.

Closed Thread