The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > The Avengers Sequels

Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2013, 07:50 PM   #901
marvel_freshman
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 2

Sorry about disabling copy/paste, but there's a scan below. If the "him" Whedon referred to isn't Thanos, then I could imagine Kang. I'm just not sure they'd wanna introduce time-travel in The Avengers 2 (if they don't already plan to in GOTG).

Old 05-25-2013, 08:07 PM   #902
RockSP
MYTH SMITH ∞!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
Yeah they can probably merchandise them as SW and QS, Marvel should have the merchandising rights for them. It's not like they would even be called SW and QS in the film even if they could use their superhero names. It just wouldn't fit in the MCU unless they're SHIELD agents, which would be all kinds of wrong anyway.
Hulk, Iron Man...

http://myth-smith.com/
Old 05-25-2013, 10:26 PM   #903
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Those are names that the public gave them because they didn't know who they were and they obviously didn't look like people.

Old 05-25-2013, 10:33 PM   #904
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Maybr the public should christen them Flash and Zatanna

Old 05-25-2013, 10:35 PM   #905
metaphysician
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
SHH doesn't allow linking to CBM....long-standing haterade going on there.

Joss' interview comes from the new Empire issue, and the quote:

"I'm very excited about the villain, and I have a lot to say about him."

So thank GOD we can ditch the Masters of Evil discussion until at least TA3.

Time to restore some normalcy to all this and revert to the obvious: Thanos is still the bad guy for TA2, same as he's always been. So decrees Thanos.
Your presuming having one primary villain prevents there from being others. And the Masters of Evil has almost *never* been a team of peers and equals, its usually one guy leading them, and a lot of followers.

Old 05-25-2013, 10:37 PM   #906
RockSP
MYTH SMITH ∞!!!

Quote:
Those are names that the public gave them because they didn't know who they were and they obviously didn't look like people.
The fact remains that people other than SHIELD agents have superhero names in the MCU. Captain America, War Machine/Iron Patriot...

The list will continue to grow, no doubt.

http://myth-smith.com/
Old 05-25-2013, 11:07 PM   #907
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Yeah but look at the situation. They're all government sanctioned names besides Iron Man, and that's because he was technically a vigilante and that's what the public came up for him. I can't think of a situation where the Maximoffs would be given superhero names sans them being SHIELD agents or related to the government somehow, which like I said, is all kinds of wrong and shouldn't happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
Your presuming having one primary villain prevents there from being others. And the Masters of Evil has almost *never* been a team of peers and equals, its usually one guy leading them, and a lot of followers.
MoE aren't happening, I don't even understand why people want it so bad, it's a bad idea with where we are right now. That said, it's pretty clear Thanos won't be the main villain either, Joss has already said this.

I'm still putting my bets on the villains being the High Evolutionary and The Other.

Old 05-25-2013, 11:21 PM   #908
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Quote:
Yeah but look at the situation. They're all government sanctioned names besides Iron Man, and that's because he was technically a vigilante and that's what the public came up for him. I can't think of a situation where the Maximoffs would be given superhero names sans them being SHIELD agents or related to the government somehow, which like I said, is all kinds of wrong and shouldn't happen.
If they start off as villains, maybe they bring their code names over from there, or maybe they get code names from the press covering their crimes. There are multiple ways to go about it that don't involve them being SHIELD agents.

Old 05-25-2013, 11:40 PM   #909
Sun_Down
Groovy

Quote:
Yes, Singer very well could've written QS into the script long, long ago. But our assumptions that he *didn't* are based on some very all-over-the-place casting decisions, Tweets and photos, and other character rumors that make DOFP sound very haphazard, play-it-by-ear. The fact that Singer chose to insert a little dig at Marvel Studios by saying "...*before* he was an Avenger" makes it sound like he's being an instigator here.
I don't follow your logic on the "all over the place casting decisions" part. If the casting has been done in a "play it by ear" manner, wouldn't that (supposed) lack of coordination - and not some malicious intent on Singer's part - account for the late announcement of Peters' casting? In other words, isn't there an equally plausible explanation for the late casting, i.e. that Fox is uncoordinated?

I also didn't read the "before he was an Avenger" thing as a dig when I read it. It wasn't until I saw all the hysteria around here that I saw the potential "dig." Maybe Singer tweeted something because he was excited and later regretted the phrasing. Not exactly an uncommon occurrence in the social media age. Maybe he thought it was cool that both he and Joss were going to get to take a crack at the character.

Quote:
It's just very, very hard to believe Singer when he says that Quicksilver is absolutely essential to the plot of a very famous storyline where Quicksilver wasn't, you know, essential to the plot.
I don't get this either. For one thing, I don't think he ever said anything about anything being "absolutely essential." I must have missed that part. But QS is an X-Men character as well as an Avengers character, so Singer & Co. don't need any heightened justification to include him. So what if he's not "absolutely essential"? They have the legal right to use him and they want to use him.

Second, the whole "not essential to the comics plot" thing is also confusing. DOFP is, what 3 issues long? And like one issue takes place in the dystopian future. If he was limited to that, the movie would be like 8 minutes long. Of course he's going to add plot and characters.

When it comes down to it, I think there's a fundamental disagreement about who has the "right" to use the characters. There's a camp that thinks Joss/Marvel somehow gained the exclusive right to use the character because Joss announced a general intention to use the twins. I don't see the merit to that argument.

Old 05-26-2013, 12:19 AM   #910
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
Maybr the public should christen them Flash and Zatanna
Haha

Old 05-26-2013, 12:44 AM   #911
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Quote:

MoE aren't happening, I don't even understand why people want it so bad, it's a bad idea with where we are right now. That said, it's pretty clear Thanos won't be the main villain either, Joss has already said this.

I'm still putting my bets on the villains being the High Evolutionary and The Other.

You're saying that they will go that left field and have the High Evolutionary and The Other as the villains? I don't know about that, man.

Old 05-26-2013, 02:00 AM   #912
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieMaster View Post
http://www.**************.com/fansit.../news/?a=80274

Sorry for linking but for some reason copy+paste wasn't working on this article for the quote.

Anyway Joss specifically refers to the villain as a 'him' hear instead of 'multiple villains' like last time.

Back to the drawing board
Well it could quite easily be High Evolutionary with Quciksilver and Scarlet Witch, hence "villiainS"

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Old 05-26-2013, 02:16 AM   #913
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:

Yeah I'm thinking High Evolutionary is going to be the main Villian too. I can see the Maximoffs being brainwashed and eventually being rescued and joining the Avengers

....to every King.

Old 05-26-2013, 02:23 AM   #914
The Ironstar
Side-Kick

The actor playing Quicksilver,would he be too old for either time periods anyway?

Old 05-26-2013, 02:44 AM   #915
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Well, depending on how far back they would go according to the Wundagore Story line they can use all ages because both Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch were BABY's when they were dropped off at Wundagore

....to every King.

Old 05-26-2013, 04:16 AM   #916
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
You're saying that they will go that left field and have the High Evolutionary and The Other as the villains? I don't know about that, man.
Well The Other is Thanos' henchman and was in the first Avengers movie, so that wouldn't be from left field. As for the High Evolutionary, it wouldn't be out of the question for them to introduce a new villain that is tied to The Other. Not saying it's going to happen, but I think it more likely than MoE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
Yeah I'm thinking High Evolutionary is going to be the main Villian too. I can see the Maximoffs being brainwashed and eventually being rescued and joining the Avengers
My only concern there is Hawkeye comparisons. I'd rather they just be misguided youths who come to realize the people they're working for are the real bad guys, like in the comics. Unless you meant indoctrinated and not literally brainwashed, then yeah, I agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ironstar View Post
The actor playing Quicksilver,would he be too old for either time periods anyway?
You mean Evan Peters? We don't know, it's highly unlikely he will be cast in both anyway. If the SHH report is true then Joss is looking for young Euro actors for the roles so being too old would be a problem with how young they're supposedly going to be portraying them in A2.

Old 05-26-2013, 05:08 AM   #917
Just_Human
Side-Kick

Not sure if already posted

Easter Eggs in Fast Furious 6

Nothing groundbreaking lol

http://comicbook.com/blog/2013/05/26...s-easter-eggs/

Old 05-26-2013, 05:11 AM   #918
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Well The Other is Thanos' henchman and was in the first Avengers movie, so that wouldn't be from left field. As for the High Evolutionary, it wouldn't be out of the question for them to introduce a new villain that is tied to The Other. Not saying it's going to happen, but I think it more likely than MoE.

My only concern there is Hawkeye comparisons. I'd rather they just be misguided youths who come to realize the people they're working for are the real bad guys, like in the comics. Unless you meant indoctrinated and not literally brainwashed, then yeah, I agree.

You mean Evan Peters? We don't know, it's highly unlikely he will be cast in both anyway. If the SHH report is true then Joss is looking for young Euro actors for the roles so being too old would be a problem with how young they're supposedly going to be portraying them in A2.
Well if they're raised at Wundagore, they wouldn't be brainwashed. lol

....to every King.

Old 05-26-2013, 11:31 AM   #919
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Quote:
Oh, okay. It could happen.

Old 05-26-2013, 12:56 PM   #920
The Question
Objectivism doesn't work.

Quote:
How about they decide to call themselves that? I mean, I can totally see Pietro just deciding to call himself Quicksilver because he likes to show off and tout himself to people.

Wanda's a little more humble, but I can see The Scarlet Witch be a thing people call her. If they keep a villainous or quasi-villainous backstory for them, that makes sense as a nickname for this mysterious lady who'd show up and **** people up with her mind powers.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 05-26-2013, 01:34 PM   #921
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:

You don't know that. I see some ways it can work. But irrelevant. There is in incredible amount of bias leading to the interpretation of Joss' words.

He said "there will be villains"...now he says "villain" and "he".

After he mentions the one villain, what makes that claim anymore valid than his first? Both were said by the director, and IF one of them is a lie (which I doubt) it can be either one. There is NOTHING that suggests one is anymore less valid than the other. Except the bias towards the dislike of the masters of evil. Which really isn't valid.

Whedon said multiple villains, people assume a team...whedon says a villain...then all the bias kicks in and people who don't like the idea of MoE are saying, well, this means theres no masters of evil. It really doesn't though, not at all.

all that aside..there is NO WAY the first 3 avengers movie are cosmic villains.

Old 05-26-2013, 02:12 PM   #922
Eddie
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
You don't know that. I see some ways it can work. But irrelevant. There is in incredible amount of bias leading to the interpretation of Joss' words.

After he mentions the one villain, what makes that claim anymore valid than his first? Both were said by the director, and IF one of them is a lie (which I doubt) it can be either one. There is NOTHING that suggests one is anymore less valid than the other. Except the bias towards the dislike of the masters of evil. Which really isn't valid.

Whedon said multiple villains, people assume a team...whedon says a villain...then all the bias kicks in and people who don't like the idea of MoE are saying, well, this means theres no masters of evil. It really doesn't though, not at all.

They could all be cosmic. The Avengers are known for dealing with a wide variety of threats, but cosmic level threats have been their forte at times. There's even a Moon Knight comic where he basically states his place in the Marvel Universe and says, "Invasion of alien vessels? That's what the Avengers are for."

Old 05-26-2013, 06:59 PM   #923
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
When did Joss say that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun_Down View Post
I don't follow your logic on the "all over the place casting decisions" part. If the casting has been done in a "play it by ear" manner, wouldn't that (supposed) lack of coordination - and not some malicious intent on Singer's part - account for the late announcement of Peters' casting? In other words, isn't there an equally plausible explanation for the late casting, i.e. that Fox is uncoordinated?

I also didn't read the "before he was an Avenger" thing as a dig when I read it. It wasn't until I saw all the hysteria around here that I saw the potential "dig." Maybe Singer tweeted something because he was excited and later regretted the phrasing. Not exactly an uncommon occurrence in the social media age. Maybe he thought it was cool that both he and Joss were going to get to take a crack at the character.

I don't get this either. For one thing, I don't think he ever said anything about anything being "absolutely essential." I must have missed that part. But QS is an X-Men character as well as an Avengers character, so Singer & Co. don't need any heightened justification to include him. So what if he's not "absolutely essential"? They have the legal right to use him and they want to use him.

Second, the whole "not essential to the comics plot" thing is also confusing. DOFP is, what 3 issues long? And like one issue takes place in the dystopian future. If he was limited to that, the movie would be like 8 minutes long. Of course he's going to add plot and characters.

When it comes down to it, I think there's a fundamental disagreement about who has the "right" to use the characters. There's a camp that thinks Joss/Marvel somehow gained the exclusive right to use the character because Joss announced a general intention to use the twins. I don't see the merit to that argument.
Sure, like all things, fanboys can read more meaning into a simple quote than the speaker actually intended, and Joss and Marvel might not have taken nearly as much offense as fanboys did. But all that has yet to be clarified by Singer.

But yes, I agree with you that some people have taken an opposite stance and assume that Marvel Studios somehow gained exclusivity over Wanda & Pietro after they were announced for TA2, and nothing could be farther from the truth. Feige already stated specifically that both studios can use the Maximoffs, and it appears both intend to do so.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 05-26-2013, 09:08 PM   #924
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
When did Joss say that?
In the interview with THR. He said there would be a different villain from Thanos and Thanos is the type of villain you have in the background threading things and saved for the big finale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Question View Post
How about they decide to call themselves that? I mean, I can totally see Pietro just deciding to call himself Quicksilver because he likes to show off and tout himself to people.

Wanda's a little more humble, but I can see The Scarlet Witch be a thing people call her. If they keep a villainous or quasi-villainous backstory for them, that makes sense as a nickname for this mysterious lady who'd show up and **** people up with her mind powers.
I don't know, that dounds pretty hocky. I guess it COULD happen if they just suddenly gets their powers and Pietro comes up with it...but yeah, I'd rather not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post

Points all take, I just don't see it happening. It's a bad idea with a movie that already has this many characters in it.

Old 05-27-2013, 12:22 AM   #925
The Ironstar
Side-Kick

Quote:
That's too bad, those issues will probably be worth a pretty penny by 2015. I wasn't around for it, but I have the whole Avengers archive on my computer.
I still have:
http://www.mycomicshop.com/search?TID=212871

&

http://www.supermegamonkey.net/chron..._181-182.shtml

Closed Thread