The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > The Avengers Sequels

Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2013, 11:07 PM   #126
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 2

Hemsworth signed a 6-picture deal just like Evans and Ruffalo did. The baseline of his contract was for the first Thor movie and any further appearances are options that were to be renegotiated before filming. A lot of this talk just sounds like standard Marvel-style negotiations that have been leaked but blown out of proportion by the media. It sounds like Evans has already got his contract for TWS and TA2 sorted out for the most part. I'd imagine Hemsworth is in the same boat.

Link for a story on Ruffalo's contract and contract info on the other TA cast members:
http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Mark-...vel-30711.html

Old 05-07-2013, 11:09 PM   #127
Chewy
REDACTED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
Not every one of them signed for 6 movies .... and I doubt when they were at the negotiating table they had thoughts of $1.5 billion worldwide for The Avengers.

As demonstrated by the Hunger Games situation, renogiations are completely normal in these situations.

BTW, I saw your comments about Hemsworth's training and it's my personal opinion that you naively dismiss what that's like, not to mention his committment in a way that no other MCU actor has shown.
Most of them did sign contracts that include options for up to six movies. It's just that most of those options end up meaning diddly when it's time to sign contracts for the next movie

Old 05-07-2013, 11:09 PM   #128
Merlo
Banned User

I really want to see Stark in his Iron Man suit ironing a t-shirt in the Avengers sequel.

Old 05-07-2013, 11:10 PM   #129
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

I think at the end of the day, this "****-swinging" is all just part of the process.

Tobey had a "renegotiation" period for Spider-Man 2 where he almost got fired from the movie. And that was with originally signing a three movie deal.

I think the Deadline article is just saber-rattling for agents and managers.

- CM Punk
Old 05-07-2013, 11:10 PM   #130
ClarkLuther55
Side-Kick

Hemsworth will have to put on somewhere in the neighborhood of 50 lbs of muscle within a year to get back into Thor shape.

I felt broken down just walking/running a couple miles outside on the streets every day, five days in a row.

If I'm Hemsworth, I'd take a random drama or comedy for more money, over signing on for another Thor sequel.

Old 05-07-2013, 11:12 PM   #131
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

I remember a time, when an obscure Hemsworth was desperate to get called back on Thor. How things change.

That's what he signed up for. It's part of his job.

- CM Punk
Old 05-07-2013, 11:12 PM   #132
ClarkLuther55
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
Most of them did sign contracts that include options for up to six movies. It's just that most of those options end up meaning diddly when it's time to sign contracts for the next movie
What exactly is an "option" anyway? I always thought that if you signed a multi-picture deal, that meant multiple movies. Do they really have to sign on again for each separate movie?

Old 05-07-2013, 11:13 PM   #133
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
Hemsworth dreading a diet of egg whites and working out IMHO sounds like a good problem to have in life.
You eating a twinky as you type that? LOL .... Again, you display absolutely ZERO understanding of the kind of dedication and effort it takes. It's not just simply showing up at a gym and eating egg whites a few times a day. He's spent as much as 6 months before films getting into shape .... and not just any shape, but as superhero as we've seen in any film of the genre.

Quote:
I remember a time, when an obscure Hemsworth was desperate to get called back on Thor. How things change.

Things changed alright since when he signed up. It's his right to renegotiate the options of the contract.

Last edited by Rock Sexton; 05-07-2013 at 11:19 PM.
Old 05-07-2013, 11:14 PM   #134
ClarkLuther55
Side-Kick

Quote:

Thing is, he's not signed anymore. And there was also a time when Marvel's Thor meant nothing to anyone except for comic book fans. It goes both ways.

Old 05-07-2013, 11:15 PM   #135
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkLuther55 View Post
Thing is, he's not signed anymore. And there was also a time when Marvel's Thor meant nothing to anyone except for comic book fans. It goes both ways.
Shhhh don't tell Vile.

Old 05-07-2013, 11:21 PM   #136
D4rkShaDoWz
Gotham's Reckoning

After all this renegotiation hype dies down, I think everyone will return for Avengers 2. The only question remains: will RDJ return? I honestly think he'll come back but only for the next two Avengers films. I mean, he loves the roll. When I watch these movies, I'm not sure if I'm watching RDJ or Tony Stark. He goes to all the comic con's and he's super passionate about the character and as a fan, I really appreciate it. As I'm writing this now, Kimmel asked him about a fourth and he said he'd be open to doing it. I'm sure Marvel will get him back.

Check out my latest fan trailer -
X-Men: Days of Future Past and my short film "Touched"

Old 05-07-2013, 11:39 PM   #137
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

He's not signed according to who exactly? He reportedly signedi on for six movies and this is another trumped up "renegotiation" perio.

- CM Punk
Old 05-07-2013, 11:42 PM   #138
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Quote:
You eating a twinky as you type that? LOL .... Again, you display absolutely ZERO understanding of the kind of dedication and effort it takes. It's not just simply showing up at a gym and eating egg whites a few times a day. He's spent as much as 6 months before films getting into shape .... and not just any shape, but as superhero as we've seen in any film of the genre.
That's his job bro. Prize fighters have to do it a lot more than six months and they get their bodies brutalized AND they make less money than Chris Hemsworth. I respect Hemsworth's dedication to the role and getting in shape to look cool on screen and all, but I don't feel sorry that he's grumpy about the diet and workout regime.

Quote:
Things changed alright since when he signed up. It's his right to renegotiate the options of the contract.
I hope he gets paid and gets a reasonable raise. Still won't feel sorry about his workout regime.

- CM Punk
Old 05-07-2013, 11:57 PM   #139
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

So for those who have a good understanding of the things going on right now, do you guys think that we have anything to really worry about? Is there still a good chance that most if not all of the cast will eventually return (assuming if Marvel makes some kind of compromise)?

Old 05-07-2013, 11:59 PM   #140
Ultimatehero
Life is infinite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin91939 View Post
I also wonder if Downey will make a move and maybe renegotiate where maybe he takes a pay cut from his "$70-$80MM" he made from The Avengers to leave some money available for the other cast members. Kind of like in sports where a player takes a "hometown discount" (i.e. Tom Brady) so that the team's ownership has money left over to build a better team around that marquee star.
This is possible.

I really hate the comments on IGN attacking RDJ. If there's anything this guy is, it's respect his fellow workers no matter what role they serve. On Tropic Thunder, Ben Stiller wanted his crew to continue working without giving them a single lunch break. It finally got to the point where RDJ told him, "if you don't treat these people with the respect they deserve, I'm done, I'm walking." Stiller folded. That's who RDJ is - he doesn't like bullies and those who push people around, he stands in the victim's corner and shoves back.

The moment at the oscars was either planned or an inside-joke due to that being RDJ's natural inclination of giving everyone just credit. And I have no doubt he'll pull through in someway for his fellow Avengers here. Not doing so would be strange like RDJ bizarro strange lol. He's gonna do something. If he hasn't signed his contract yet, I'm betting he'll use that to sway Marvel to respecting all of the other actors - a move similar to what he did to Stiller - because MARVEL now knows they need him.

"If we are all united, we can take back our lives. While they stand divided, we can fight them and their laws. If we get up off our knees, we can show them that we are people. We can take back this "free" country! - Anti-Flag

Last edited by Ultimatehero; 05-08-2013 at 12:05 AM.
Old 05-08-2013, 12:10 AM   #141
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Evans View Post
I would love to do a little thing in Thor 2. It is obviously going to be tricky trying to work out the plot, the reason why I am not there to help him, and why he is not there to help me. But the best thing about Marvel is that, like I said, the movies were so good and we had such a good time making them. Marvel is such a great company to work for. It feels like everyone just wants to pitch in. It feels like everyone…why would I not want to help? I’m not going to hold them over the coals and be like, “Well, it’s my contract and guess what? I’m screwing you!” Let’s just make this great. If I can help that – great – and make it better? Let’s do it!.
Sounds like Evans is real unhappy to work with marvel

Saving Mr. Banks- 9/10, Jack Ryan- 7/10, The Lego Movie- 9/10, Non-Stop- 8/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 10/10, The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8/10, Godzilla- 7/10, Days of Future Past- 8/10, Edge of Tomorrow- 8.5/10, Transformers 4- 7.5/10, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes- 10/10, Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10
Old 05-08-2013, 12:14 AM   #142
Ultimatehero
Life is infinite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasimod0 View Post
Sounds like Evans is real unhappy to work with marvel
The creative people and the suits are two entirely different entities. So, in that it sounds like he's talking about the creative team and not the suit team.

"If we are all united, we can take back our lives. While they stand divided, we can fight them and their laws. If we get up off our knees, we can show them that we are people. We can take back this "free" country! - Anti-Flag
Old 05-08-2013, 12:17 AM   #143
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimatehero View Post
The creative people and the suits are two entirely different entities. So, in that it sounds like he's talking about the creative team and not the suit team.
Thats true. In the rest of the interview he says alot of good stuff about feige.

Saving Mr. Banks- 9/10, Jack Ryan- 7/10, The Lego Movie- 9/10, Non-Stop- 8/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 10/10, The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8/10, Godzilla- 7/10, Days of Future Past- 8/10, Edge of Tomorrow- 8.5/10, Transformers 4- 7.5/10, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes- 10/10, Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10
Old 05-08-2013, 12:20 AM   #144
Ultimatehero
Life is infinite

Usually I've found in most companies, unfortunately, everybody hates the top honcho. The president, vice president, executives, etc. usually hate the head honcho. I have yet to see this not be the case actually. The others stick up for the creative people and respect the creative team. The head honcho basically just makes life harder for everyone around due to some really heavy clout. People are warned heavily about him as well. So, whoever's above Feige and is that key guy - that's who the actors and creative department are probably having a dispute with. It's not uncommon in Hollywood to hate the honcho, but love the company. Because the company is usually filled with great people, it's just heads down and keep walking when that one guy enters a room.

ADDING: It also isn't your typical "employees hate the boss for hating the boss" things either. It's because MOST of them act like this guy...

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

These are managers on steroids - money corrupts? These guys send people out of their offices crying if you even look at them the wrong way. If they don't like something, they throw a fit. Because with that money? They can. So, it's not really dealing with just a tough boss either - it's that "suits" are practically demons in flesh suits lol.

Last edited by Ultimatehero; 05-08-2013 at 12:32 AM.
Old 05-08-2013, 01:19 AM   #145
TacomaTruck90
Side-Kick

The contract news kinda of disturbs me, I do feel like the actors did earn a paygrade and if they recasted some of them i would honestly not be as excited for this film as i am now..im locked with these characters for atleast next two avengers films...i hope marvel does up the ante give them little more money..i understand being finacial responsible is protecting your future but sometimes its worth the payout..i hope that news article is being more dramatic than true, but i am excited everyday latley has been more and more marvel news loving it

Old 05-08-2013, 01:45 AM   #146
Son of Coul
They call me Mr. Pym

I feel like this kinda thing will work itself out, especially if RDJ is already in talks for Avengers 2 & 3. Business as usual.

And even though I know it's cool to hate on overpaid, overprivileged actors, some of that money should really go to the crew who do just as much (often more) work and are underpaid and underprivileged. I'd have more respect for the actors if they used their positions as the faces of Marvel to bargain for bigger paychecks and then distribute the money to the interns, PAs, grips, and electrics on set; rather than get several million dollars more because they have to get in shape.

Old 05-08-2013, 05:39 AM   #147
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument

Quote:
Hemsworth dreading a diet of egg whites and working out IMHO sounds like a good problem to have in life.
It takes a lot both physically and mentally to do it. I've competed at a high level in martial arts so I know from experience how taxing it can be to train really hard, and it's not like Chris just needs to train to stay fit. He will have to be on a schedule for training, food and rest, which affects his life pretty significantly during that time.

It's easy to say that it's not a problem until you've experienced it. Most people can't even work out to stay moderately fit for that matter.

Old 05-08-2013, 05:53 AM   #148
Silvermoth
Avenger

Quote:
Hey now stop that! Today I spoke to a girl who's boyfriend has never seen a Marvel movie. She's educating him properly at the moment.

Save your scorn for him!

Now back on subject, I'm surprised people are so quick to think actors deserve millions of millions of dollars and are prepared to screw an entire Avengers trilogy just to do it. I'm not on the side of the producers or the actors but I don't think people deserve $50 million paycheques for a couple of months work when that money should go on making a better movie.

Shouldn't they be happy to be making something that makes so many people happy? It's not even about the money because as soon as they get $50 million they want $60 million.

This isn't about 'the way things are'. It's, in my opinion, the way things should be. That actors should be happy to be part of something that is really good and will live on beyond their lifetimes. So many actors would kill for that.

Can't wait for X-men: apocalypse!!
Old 05-08-2013, 06:32 AM   #149
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Fame gets to your head...

Old 05-08-2013, 07:05 AM   #150
Raiden
RIP Robin Williams

Before Disney's acquistion, I can understand Marvel's frugal practices because they had borrowed loans from Merrill Lynch in order to make their MCU movies. But you cannot go frugal after you're behind the Disney brand and one of your movies have grossed over one billion and is #3 on the all-time box office list. I hope the actors get the raises they deserve, but I also hope Marvel will not try to fight it or threaten them with recasting; I don't think it will work again like they did with Norton and Howard.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Closed Thread