The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2013, 01:22 PM   #76
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Knight View Post
so, I SEE SPIDEY, you liked IM3??

was there a post credit sequence at the end?
Yes I did and yes there is a post credits sequence.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
Old 05-03-2013, 01:24 PM   #77
Showtime
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part

I thought the post credit was lame personally.

Old 05-03-2013, 01:25 PM   #78
souperman
Side-Dish

waiting for Khan!

Lois: Call me Lois. Come on, I'll take you to lunch and show you the ropes.
Clark: That'd be great Lois ,...but no Shawarma.

http://soupermanshh.deviantart.com/
Old 05-03-2013, 01:27 PM   #79
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

You mean the post-credit scene wasn't Thanos talking about what he had for breakfast.

Old 05-03-2013, 01:28 PM   #80
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime View Post
I thought the post credit was lame personally.
The Avengers one was by far the best and I'm not even a fan of that film.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
Old 05-03-2013, 01:32 PM   #81
Kane52630
ANIMUS VOX

Th Redface Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
You mean the post-credit scene wasn't Thanos talking about what he had for breakfast.
I'm pretty sure that's the after after post credits scene.

Last edited by Kane52630; 05-03-2013 at 01:36 PM.
Old 05-03-2013, 01:32 PM   #82
moviefreak
Side-Kick

I'm fully aware that there are people who like IM3, I have no problem with that. People have different taste in film.

I'm just not that a frequent movie goer these days unlike in the past. So my choice will be limited. I 'll be seeing MOS, and one or two others late in the summer/autumn like Elysium and Rush.

Old 05-03-2013, 01:32 PM   #83
X Knight
Symbol of Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
Yes I did and yes there is a post credits sequence.
thanks!

glad you liked it!

I liked IM. didn't really care for IM 2.

so, it looks like I'll probably have the same feelings about IM 3 as you did, if it's as good as IM.

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 05-03-2013, 01:32 PM   #84
IamtheBatman
Side-Kick

So, they have a Superman: Birthright part in the movie I like it.

Old 05-03-2013, 01:34 PM   #85
jasvll
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomsdayApex View Post
Colbert is the man.

Incidentally, Kingsley was on The Report last night, and it got tense. My guess Ben wasn't aware of Stephen's satirical brand of comedy. I doubt we'll see him on the show again.
I must have seen a different interview. Kingsley seemed to keep up nicely and have a good time doing it. He's shown a sense of humor, before.

Old 05-03-2013, 01:42 PM   #86
DoomsdayApex
Ćzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasvll View Post
I must have seen a different interview. Kingsley seemed to keep up nicely and have a good time doing it. He's shown a sense of humor, before.
Good time? Kingsley sounded stand off-ish and condescending (but tried to hide it) when Colbert asked a few questions outside IM3 about being 'Knighted' and what made him into the actor he was today.

Unless Kingsley was acting during the interview, his facial expressions were as clear as day.

Henry Cavill: The Ultimate Man-Crush
(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Quote:
Oldman: "Wow, this is it."

Nolan: [facetiously] "Yeah. [pause] Unless you want to whore your ass out for a load of money for ‘Batman 4."
Quote:
Nolan: "I've gotta pee. It's a two pee movie. I need to make a shorter movie next time."
Quote:

Nolan: "Oh, it's on. Here Emma, hold my vest."
Old 05-03-2013, 01:46 PM   #87
Binker
Side-Kick

Is it wrong to take your Superman MOS figure (movie masters, btw) to work as your good luck charm (hidden, btw) ?

Old 05-03-2013, 01:52 PM   #88
Stoic
Ron Swanson Protege

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binker View Post
Is it wrong to take your Superman MOS figure (movie masters, btw) to work as your good luck charm (hidden, btw) ?

Nah. I have my Man of Steel Bank Vault statue on display in my office. Got a lot of comments today from customers and employees. Most didn't know there was a Superman movie coming out.

Old 05-03-2013, 01:54 PM   #89
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
Good time? Kingsley sounded stand off-ish and condescending (but tried to hide it) when Colbert asked a few questions outside IM3 about being 'Knighted' and what made him into the actor he was today.

Unless Kingsley was acting during the interview, his facial expressions were as clear as day.
Haven't seen it but are you sure it wasn't just a work? I can't imagine anyone going on that show completely unaware of Colbert's shtick.

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 05-03-2013, 01:55 PM   #90
KryptoKnight13
Side-Kick

The blaze comics in the movie is the equivalent of dc comics, it's a brand not a store. If you think dc comics head office isn't a large building you would be mistaken. In the early years novel it's established that Clark reads comic books in his youth so blaze comics must be their dc/marvel scale brand.

Old 05-03-2013, 02:00 PM   #91
fake
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Knight View Post
so, I SEE SPIDEY, you liked IM3??

was there a post credit sequence at the end?
There is a post credit sequence, but not worth sitting through all the credits for - no new characters are introduced and we get no further insight into Phase 2. You can just leave after the actual end.

My thoughts on IM3, it was good but could have been so so much better. I never felt that the heroes were ever in any major danger, so that lessened the stakes a lot. The general chatter coming out of the movie was "Yeah, it was okay" or "I liked it mostly".

I think the biggest problem IM3 will have compared to Avengers is that there is no scene to latch on to. Like "Hulk Smashes Loki", every major setpiece feels like we have seen it before, and the humor undercuts any tension they were going for.

Old 05-03-2013, 02:04 PM   #92
jasvll
Side-Kick

Quote:

You mean like Colbert was?

I watch this show fairly regularly, some guests try to out ridiculous him, some try to ignore him and deliver their message, others look genuinely confused about what's going on. Some play off Colbert and join in the improv. I'd put Kingsley firmly in that last category.

Kingsley softballing the 'I was a fan of you in Ghandi when I was young' back to Colbert was a good example. Colbert didn't seem to realize the joke potential, but Kingsley did and fed it back, allowing Colbert to see and expand on it. Then, at the end of the interview, Kingsley called back to Colbert's 'Bobby' joke, giving Colbert the perfect note to end the interview on. If Kingsley was oblivious to what was going on, he's the Rain Man of improv.

Old 05-03-2013, 02:06 PM   #93
Kane52630
ANIMUS VOX

Yeah it's obvious Kingsley was in with the joke. lol

Old 05-03-2013, 02:13 PM   #94
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fake View Post
There is a post credit sequence, but not worth sitting through all the credits for - no new characters are introduced and we get no further insight into Phase 2. You can just leave after the actual end.

My thoughts on IM3, it was good but could have been so so much better. I never felt that the heroes were ever in any major danger, so that lessened the stakes a lot. The general chatter coming out of the movie was "Yeah, it was okay" or "I liked it mostly".

I think the biggest problem IM3 will have compared to Avengers is that there is no scene to latch on to. Like "Hulk Smashes Loki", every major setpiece feels like we have seen it before, and the humor undercuts any tension they were going for.
I think The Avengers is a massively overrated film with no heart or brains. It's a fun sit because you get to watch all the heroes together but that's it.

I liked Iron Man, Iron Man 3 and
Captain America more than The Avengers. I'm fine with being in the minority because I can't force myself to like a film more than I did just because others loved it. I did really love the Tony Stark and Bruce Banner relationship and the actors were great. Hopefully the sequel is less airy, still fun of course but with a much better
plot and some more brains and heart please.

Old 05-03-2013, 02:15 PM   #95
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

I'm not going to see IM 3 I'm a little pissed that they marketed it as a serious darker take on the series yet all I've heard is its full of comedy so I think I'll watch this one on Blu Ray

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 05-03-2013, 02:21 PM   #96
Norek
Yvonne Strahotski <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
I'm not going to see IM 3 I'm a little pissed that they marketed it as a serious darker take on the series yet all I've heard is its full of comedy so I think I'll watch this one on Blu Ray
That's one of my main gripes with the film - I felt it was trying very hard to be too serious and too funny at the same time, but ultimately ended up being neither. But that's just me.

"Films are worth seeing period, even the bad ones." - Blue Sugar
Old 05-03-2013, 02:24 PM   #97
Rogzilla
Side-Kick

I'm going to see IM3 tomorrow morning (wife is pregnant and its easier to get to the early bird showings at Century then midnight releases) but if the spoilers I've heard are true, then I think I'll like it...

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
...but not as much as I liked it when it was called Batman Begins and The Dark Knight Rises

:-P

Old 05-03-2013, 02:28 PM   #98
IamtheBatman
Side-Kick

Quote:
IM3 is Spiderman3 dark and comical.

Old 05-03-2013, 02:31 PM   #99
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norek View Post
That's one of my main gripes with the film - I felt it was trying very hard to be too serious and too funny at the same time, but ultimately ended up being neither. But that's just me.
Hmmm see you saying that puts me off watching it too. I've not really been excited for it, must be something about 3rd films (although you can count it as 4 if you include Avengers and obviously excluding his cameo in IH). I wasn't that excited for X3, Spider-Man 3 (the trailers put me off before hand) or the Dark Knight Rises (again trailers did nothing for me but I did like the film). I think it's just one of those things I've seen it enough times already.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 05-03-2013, 02:31 PM   #100
IamtheBatman
Side-Kick

Quote:
I'm just not a Marvel guy anymore not since Disney dug their fingernails into Marvel.

Closed Thread