The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2013, 03:31 PM   #101
DoomsdayApex
Ćzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasvll View Post
You mean like Colbert was?

I watch this show fairly regularly, some guests try to out ridiculous him, some try to ignore him and deliver their message, others look genuinely confused about what's going on. Some play off Colbert and join in the improv. I'd put Kingsley firmly in that last category.

Kingsley softballing the 'I was a fan of you in Ghandi when I was young' back to Colbert was a good example. Colbert didn't seem to realize the joke potential, but Kingsley did and fed it back, allowing Colbert to see and expand on it. Then, at the end of the interview, Kingsley called back to Colbert's 'Bobby' joke, giving Colbert the perfect note to end the interview on. If Kingsley was oblivious to what was going on, he's the Rain Man of improv.
Hey, I'm a regular myself. I don't not get that vibe at all, and I wasnt the only one that perceived that interview as ackward. The Colbert Report community thought that Stephen's commentary might have rubbed Kingsley the wrong way. Ben joined in but not in good humor.

If that was good fun, then so was the Richard Branson interview.

Henry Cavill: The Ultimate Man-Crush
(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Quote:
Oldman: "Wow, this is it."

Nolan: [facetiously] "Yeah. [pause] Unless you want to whore your ass out for a load of money for ‘Batman 4."
Quote:
Nolan: "I've gotta pee. It's a two pee movie. I need to make a shorter movie next time."
Quote:

Nolan: "Oh, it's on. Here Emma, hold my vest."
Old 05-03-2013, 03:32 PM   #102
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part

Anyone know if the daily planet building has the big globe in this film? Haven't seen it in the skyline in any trailers or the poster

Saving Mr. Banks- 9/10, Jack Ryan- 7/10, The Lego Movie- 9/10, Non-Stop- 8/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 10/10, The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8/10, Godzilla- 7/10, Days of Future Past- 8.5/10, Edge of Tomorrow- 8.5/10, Transformers 4- 7/10, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes- 10/10, Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10, TMNT- 7.5/10, Maze Runner- 8/10, Expendables 3- 7/10, Interstellar-9/10, Big Hero 6- 8.5/10
Old 05-03-2013, 03:33 PM   #103
IamtheBatman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasimod0 View Post
Anyone know if the daily planet building has the big globe in this film? Haven't seen it in the skyline in any trailers or the poster
I think they're trying to keep that a secret.

Old 05-03-2013, 03:34 PM   #104
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamtheBatman View Post
I'm just not a Marvel guy anymore not since Disney dug their fingernails into Marvel.
Well I've loved all the films bar Iron Man 2 but outside of Captain America (my favourite Marvel superhero) the others don't excite my on their own anymore after Avengers (Thor 2 looks good mind).

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 05-03-2013, 03:34 PM   #105
jasvll
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomsdayApex View Post
Hey, I'm a regular myself. I don't not get that vibe at all, and I wasnt the only one that perceived that interview as ackward. The Colbert Report community thought that Stephen's commentary might have rubbed Kingsley the wrong way. Ben joined in but not in good humor.

If that was good fun, then so was the Richard Branson interview.
I double checked. Yep, all of this is incorrect.

Old 05-03-2013, 03:35 PM   #106
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasimod0 View Post
I wonder if they'll get it at the end, there is one inside the building. To be honest I wouldn't care if it was omitted, do hey actually out stuff that spins on top if buildings on real life?

Old 05-03-2013, 03:37 PM   #107
DoomsdayApex
Ćzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Quote:
I double checked. Yep, all of this is incorrect.
Whatever floats your boat.

Like I said, facial expressions don't lie.

(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Quote:

Nolan: [facetiously] "Yeah. [pause] Unless you want to whore your ass out for a load of money for ‘Batman 4."
Quote:
Nolan: "I've gotta pee. It's a two pee movie. I need to make a shorter movie next time."
Quote:

Old 05-03-2013, 03:39 PM   #108
jasvll
Side-Kick

Quote:
Whatever floats your boat.

Like I said, facial expressions don't lie.
Which is why all movies are documentaries.

Old 05-03-2013, 03:40 PM   #109
IamtheBatman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Well I've loved all the films bar Iron Man 2 but outside of Captain America (my favourite Marvel superhero) the others don't excite my on their own anymore after Avengers (Thor 2 looks good mind).
I liked The Punisher with Thomas Jane and DareDevil.

Old 05-03-2013, 03:41 PM   #110
DoomsdayApex
Ćzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Quote:
Which is why all movies are documentaries.
Yes, because actors are 'on' 24/7.

(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Old 05-03-2013, 03:44 PM   #111
Norek
Yvonne Strahotski <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Hmmm see you saying that puts me off watching it too. I've not really been excited for it, must be something about 3rd films (although you can count it as 4 if you include Avengers and obviously excluding his cameo in IH). I wasn't that excited for X3, Spider-Man 3 (the trailers put me off before hand) or the Dark Knight Rises (again trailers did nothing for me but I did like the film). I think it's just one of those things I've seen it enough times already.
Hey, don't get my opinion as a definitive reason why you shouldn't see the film or anything. From what I understand, the majority of fans and GA love the film and had a great time, and it's less likely to be disappointed if you weren't excited for it, than if you were - I can't really find the proper words to explain it without spoiling the **** out of the movie, so I'll leave it at that. From what I've seen during this past week on the IM3 board, I'm in the minority who didn't like the film, so you never know.

"Films are worth seeing period, even the bad ones." - Blue Sugar
Old 05-03-2013, 03:45 PM   #112
jasvll
Side-Kick

Quote:
Of course, I didn't suggest they were. You, however, DID claim they could never be 'on'.

Old 05-03-2013, 03:51 PM   #113
DaRkVeNgeanCe
Godzilla is coming!!!

After seeing IM3 last night it just solidified that MOS will be the best comic book related film of the summer, hands down.

SUMMER MOVIES - Captain America TWS 8/10 I The Amazing Spider-Man 2 7.5/10 I Godzilla 9/10 I X-Men: DOFP 9.5/10 I Maleficent 4/10 I Edge of Tomorrow 8.5/10 I 22 Jump Street 9/10 I Transformers 4 3/10
Old 05-03-2013, 03:51 PM   #114
DoomsdayApex
Ćzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Quote:
Of course, I didn't suggest they were. You, however, DID claim they could never be 'on'.
There always that possibility, but judging from Kingsley's past interviews, I'm not certain Ben was trying to be 'humorous' with Colbert.

(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Old 05-03-2013, 03:52 PM   #115
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
I liked The Punisher with Thomas Jane and DareDevil.
I liked Punisher and I actually liked Daredevil when I first saw it but I'm not a fan of either if these films now. I thought you just meant the Marvel Studios ones though if we were on about any Marvel films my favourite by far was Amazing Spider-man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norek View Post
Hey, don't get my opinion as a definitive reason why you shouldn't see the film or anything. From what I understand, the majority of fans and GA love the film and had a great time, and it's less likely to be disappointed if you weren't excited for it, than if you were - I can't really find the proper words to explain it without spoiling the **** out of the movie, so I'll leave it at that. From what I've seen during this past week on the IM3 board, I'm in the minority who didn't like the film, so you never know.
Ha ha I normally wouldn't but adding your comments to others I've heard it just puts me off seeing it more lol

Old 05-03-2013, 04:05 PM   #116
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Quote:
I think Nicolas Cage doesnt know he is being filmed.

~SHH SIX~
Old 05-03-2013, 04:37 PM   #117
Marvin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRkVeNgeanCe View Post
After seeing IM3 last night it just solidified that MOS will be the best comic book related film of the summer, hands down.
But you haven't seen MoS yet...

Marvel releasing their picture first means they're film can look as good or bad as it want's without being compared to any other(this year). This might help MoS when it comes out or it might hurt.

I have this feeling that TDKR would have fared better had it switched spots with avengers last year.

Old 05-03-2013, 04:41 PM   #118
Sharkboy
Tell em Steve-Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

Marvel releasing their picture first means they're film can look as good or bad as it want's without being compared to any other(this year). This might help MoS when it comes out or it might hurt.

I have this feeling that TDKR would have fared better had it switched spots with avengers last year.
You mean financially? It would have likely fared better without the national tragedy and with 3D, i seriously doubt it being released a whole 2 and a half months after the Avengers affected it one way or the other. You don't watch the Avengers and go "well that's it...nothing can beat that film I'll just not go to the cinema for the next 4 months"

1-The Dark Knight/2-The Dark Knight Rises/3-Batman Begins/4-Guardians of the Galaxy/5-X-Men: Days of Future Past/6-Captain America: The Winter Soldier/7-Spider-Man 2/8-The Avengers/9-Superman:TM/10-The Incredibles

Calvary - 9.5/10 Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - 10/10 Guardians of the Galaxy - 9.5/10
Old 05-03-2013, 04:49 PM   #119
DaRkVeNgeanCe
Godzilla is coming!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

I know I haven't seen it but it has to be better than the rubbish that they're trying to pass off for Iron Man 3.

SUMMER MOVIES - Captain America TWS 8/10 I The Amazing Spider-Man 2 7.5/10 I Godzilla 9/10 I X-Men: DOFP 9.5/10 I Maleficent 4/10 I Edge of Tomorrow 8.5/10 I 22 Jump Street 9/10 I Transformers 4 3/10
Old 05-03-2013, 04:53 PM   #120
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

I liked that rubbish movie. And I think I'm going to enjoy Man of Steel as well provided it isn't another Green Lantern.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
Old 05-03-2013, 04:56 PM   #121
Sharkboy
Tell em Steve-Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRkVeNgeanCe View Post
I know I haven't seen it but it has to be better than the rubbish that they're trying to pass off for Iron Man 3.
Well I sincerely hope MoS meets your expectations more than IM3 did. It would be a hell of a thing for another superhero film to match let alone beat IM3 in my eyes this year, if any film can do it, it's likely MoS.

1-The Dark Knight/2-The Dark Knight Rises/3-Batman Begins/4-Guardians of the Galaxy/5-X-Men: Days of Future Past/6-Captain America: The Winter Soldier/7-Spider-Man 2/8-The Avengers/9-Superman:TM/10-The Incredibles

Calvary - 9.5/10 Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - 10/10 Guardians of the Galaxy - 9.5/10
Old 05-03-2013, 04:58 PM   #122
IamtheBatman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
I liked that rubbish movie. And I think I'm going to enjoy Man of Steel as well provided it isn't another Green Lantern.
MOS has had better reviews than GL.

Old 05-03-2013, 05:00 PM   #123
Sharkboy
Tell em Steve-Dave

Quote:
MOS has had better reviews than GL.
Wow have I been asleep that long? it's June 14th already?

Old 05-03-2013, 05:14 PM   #124
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

He means the early word on the film.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
Old 05-03-2013, 05:16 PM   #125
DaRkVeNgeanCe
Godzilla is coming!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkboy View Post
Well I sincerely hope MoS meets your expectations more than IM3 did. It would be a hell of a thing for another superhero film to match let alone beat IM3 in my eyes this year, if any film can do it, it's likely MoS.
Believe me I really tried to like it but I don't support bad writing and throwaway villains, for the second IM film in a row.

Closed Thread