The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Iron Man > Iron Man 3

Old 05-27-2013, 07:09 AM   #276
RightHooksRus

Default Re: What DIDN'T you like about Iron Man 3? *SPOILER ALERT*

What I didnt like or I should say what I didnt understand is why they allowed Tony to destroy all his armor seems kinda dumb to me. Unless Im missing something, what was the point of that if he's still gonna be in Avengers 2. I also didnt like that War Machind didnt actually do much suited up, I was looking for another crazy team u like the end of IM2.

RightHooksRus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 10:29 AM   #277
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowBoxer View Post
I liked the entire movie really. I am kinda bummed that we didn't get Ben's Mandarin but it was still a decent performance from Guy. But my only real complaint is that Shield isn't involved or really mentioned in the movie. I mean Mandarin/ Killan is a global terrorist and he is treating the President of the United States and nobody from Shield bothered to check out what was going on? But yet, Shield is involved with Cap's story in Winter Solider which apparently has scenes in or takes place in D.C where a political figure is targeted or something. Nick Fury, Maria Hill, and Black Widow are all around and helping Cap. Its kind of a WTF moment for me considering what Mandarin/ Killian was doing in Ironman 3. The only logical explanation I have is that Ironman 3 and Winter Solider storylines happen around the same time or both stories are tied together some how.
there may be a reason why Shield wasnt in IM3.....
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
in Cap 2 someone sets up Fury and Shield goes after Fury with Cap and Falcon and BW.

You can't judge a film's screenplay until you read the screenplay.
roach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 12:51 AM   #278
Octoberist
point blank

I disliked the dreary cinematography.

Old 06-01-2013, 12:04 PM   #279
Senator Pleasury
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by RightHooksRus View Post
What I didnt like or I should say what I didnt understand is why they allowed Tony to destroy all his armor seems kinda dumb to me. Unless Im missing something, what was the point of that if he's still gonna be in Avengers 2. I also didnt like that War Machind didnt actually do much suited up, I was looking for another crazy team u like the end of IM2.
It was some attempt at making this the "epic finale" for the character. But, as you say, what's the point, if we all know he must be in Avengers 2.

Senator Pleasury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 01:31 PM   #280
Ms. Marvel
Side-Kick

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
The unnecessary "humour", the suits were easily breakable, maya hansen was a disposable character, Trevor was (sort of) a more interesting character than Killian (not that he was a bad villain...but still) and the 3D was pointless.
Overall, I still liked the movie.

Ms. Marvel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 04:06 PM   #281
Human Torch
I Can't Dance

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
there may be a reason why Shield wasnt in IM3.....
I thought the reason was obvious.So many "fans" moaned about all the SHIELD inclusion in IM2,they didn't want another backlash.

Human Torch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 05:38 PM   #282
Ms. Marvel
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human Torch View Post
I thought the reason was obvious.So many "fans" moaned about all the SHIELD inclusion in IM2,they didn't want another backlash.
Oh the irony

Ms. Marvel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 01:22 PM   #283
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Everything except for Robert Downey, Jr., Jon Favreau, Harley, the final battle, the armors(besides the Iron Patriot one) and the soundtrack.

Didn't care for the way the Ten Rings was used, the drunken actor/fake Mandarin, Aldrich Killian being yet another businessman villain or him being The Mandarin thus two villains from the comics being one, Pepper's whole arc especially the ending(I would've preferred if Pepper actually died in the end too), the way Extremis was and how it was used in the film, the unnecessary humor, the ending.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 03:12 AM   #284
NolanDCU
Banned User

IM 3 was a turd outside of Robert Downey Jr. Pretty much just like IM 2. The anxiety stuff was brilliant, and shrugged off way too soon.

NolanDCU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 06:33 AM   #285
silentrascal
Side-Kick

What didn't I like.....well, an on-going serious dislike about the franchise is Gwyneth Paltrow. She's butt-ugly and I think a bowl of festering dog snot can act better than she can. Aside from that, I found a big chunk of IM3 dull, I thought the whole scheme of Killian's was lacking, and I thought the ending was ridiculous. Aside from that, it was still a better film than IM2 (best aspect being the PTSD Tony was experiencing after Avengers), but nowhere near as good as IM1.

silentrascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 08:29 PM   #286
Blackman
King Kong

I didnt like that we barely got any War Machine action. I wish thye couldve brought it back for the climax

Blackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 10:03 PM   #287
Senator Pleasury
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by NolanDCU View Post
IM 3 was a turd outside of Robert Downey Jr. Pretty much just like IM 2. The anxiety stuff was brilliant, and shrugged off way too soon.
I agree, I think both IM2 and IM3 started off brilliantly, but lost the way soon afterwards. I liked Tony Stark's anxiety attacks due to his life as a superhero, but then he got lost and spent the whole movie not being Iron Man.

Old 06-03-2013, 10:20 PM   #288
Blake II
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by NolanDCU View Post
I'm willing to say IM2 was better just for the easter eggs alone.

Blake II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 10:45 PM   #289
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Lately I've been on the boat as well on saying Iron Man 2 is a better film.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 12:40 AM   #290
Spideysays
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
Lately I've been on the boat as well on saying Iron Man 2 is a better film.

Quoted for truth. At least it felt like a Marvel Universe Movie instead of some sort of non-marvel stark bio clip. Even the look of the movie was terrible. Felt dreary and boring. IM3 ugh.......

Spideysays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 12:40 AM   #291
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake II View Post
I'm willing to say IM2 was better just for the easter eggs alone.
Avengers opened us to this big connected world...IM3 shoved it all back in the closet.
a terrorist threatens the President and Shield doesn't go into action?
Tony gives out his home address and Shield doesn't give him any protection...not even a secret agent mole???

Old 06-08-2013, 03:17 PM   #292
jacobed
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Nor does he protect himself. It doesn't even make sense, he should have been suited up waiting for The Mandarin to come. Ugh this movie was an embarrassment to the Marvel Universe. I'd watch Im2 over this any day of the week

jacobed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 07:42 PM   #293
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobed View Post
Nor does he protect himself. It doesn't even make sense, he should have been suited up waiting for The Mandarin to come. Ugh this movie was an embarrassment to the Marvel Universe. I'd watch Im2 over this any day of the week
the dumbest part was that the Mandarin actually went after Tony...Let's be honest...if I called out whomever is leading Al Qaeda now to come to my house...they would think it would be a trap....and since it didnt fit the scheme of whatever they were planning they wouldnt bother with me....so why go after Tony...it wasnt part of the plan...Tony is a superhero responsible for defeating an alien invasion...why would they think the Avengers wouldnt be there?????

It's like things happened in this movie because the script called for them to happen

Old 06-09-2013, 08:47 AM   #294
Katara Rises
Side-Kick

I disliked how advanced all the suits became, which created a ton of plot stupidity. Seriously, he has a ton of suits available to be controlled remotely, he didn't have ANY of them patrol his house? Good job Tony.

Also, his technology has become too advanced, I don't see what they're gonna do in the future films. He can control suits remotely, why would he ever want to be inside the suit, in danger? If this isn't addressed in Avengers 2, I will be annoyed.

I think this movie just left a sour taste in my mouth. I liked some of it, but I think it's actually the worst of the trilogy.

Katara Rises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 12:57 PM   #295
samsnee
Side-Kick

In regards to the whole "People didnt know Tonys address before" thing. The way I read it is that people always knew where he lived. It's just that in this scenario he made a personal invite to be attacked so Mandarin took him up on it.

Now why didnt he prepare better for it? I'm guessing he didnt think Mandarin would actually take him on it, or at least, not so soon.

samsnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 01:49 PM   #296
The Question
Objectivism doesn't work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hush View Post
Exactly, he has no reason to be Iron Man now without the reactor.
Yes he does. The reason is to be a superhero and save people.

Old 06-13-2013, 02:56 PM   #297
the last son
Side-Kick

I can forgive everything but not having him in the suit it's terrible. Anyone can do that and it makes it less heroic. I give this movie a D. I would have left halfway through(it was that boring and predictable) but for how, much I spent I finished it.

Old 06-13-2013, 03:12 PM   #298
The Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by the last son View Post
I can forgive everything but not having him in the suit it's terrible. Anyone can do that and it makes it less heroic. I give this movie a D. I would have left halfway through(it was that boring and predictable) but for how, much I spent I finished it.
Anyone can improvise weapons out of kitchen appliances in the middle of a fight with a person who has super strength?

Is the only person you know MacGyver?

Old 06-13-2013, 06:04 PM   #299
Senator Pleasury
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by the last son View Post
I thought nobody else cared.

I found it was horrible, to have an Iron Man movie where Iron Man (Tony Stark in his traditional armor) is barely there. And when he is, it's the suit alone (without Tony in it and thus without any danger), or is easily defeated or just Pepper Potts do the job for him.

Old 06-13-2013, 06:53 PM   #300
The Question

I liked the stuff with Tony out of the suit, for the same reason I love Superman stories where he doesn't use his powers beyond his super senses and it's just a little noir adventure where he solves a mystery as Clark Kent. Taking an established character and putting them into a kind of situation that they don't normally deal with is just fun.