Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Iron Man > Iron Man 3

Old 05-05-2013, 07:05 PM   #26
DJ Kornphlake
Side-Kick

Default Re: Bye A.I.M. rest in peace!

Quote:
Originally Posted by souNdwAve89 View Post
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Maya didn't die though. She was seen at the end when there was a small montage of the aftermath.
The same "aftermath" that showed Killian?

DJ Kornphlake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 09:55 PM   #27
Blader5489
CASUAL SEX!

According to the Cap 2 writers, Marvel doesn't actually own the rights to MODOK for some reason.

Blader5489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 09:58 PM   #28
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

WHAAAAAT?

That's nutty. If Marvel can use Pietro/Wanda and not MODOK theres something seriously wrong with that.

Old 05-05-2013, 10:26 PM   #29
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
No. Not at all. Where in the hell did you get that idea? It was obviously an origin film for AIM. I hesitate to say even the Mandarin is gone forever. Also try some spoiler tags. They are sensitive about that 'round these parts.
lol even if mandarin doesn't come back..that doesnt mean AIM wont haha

Old 05-05-2013, 10:43 PM   #30
Eddie
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blader5489 View Post
According to the Cap 2 writers, Marvel doesn't actually own the rights to MODOK for some reason.
I don't think that's the case. I'm pretty sure they were talking/joking about Peter Dinklage as MODOK specifically. They "can't use him" because he's (Dinklage) being used as an X-Men villain.

Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 10:47 PM   #31
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
I don't think that's the case. I'm pretty sure they were talking/joking about Peter Dinklage as MODOK specifically. They "can't use him" because he's (Dinklage) being used as an X-Men villain.
That's exactly what they were talking/joking about. Their ideal actor (in their minds) for MODOK is Peter Dinklage, but his contract for X-Men may not allow for him to be in future MCU films.

Webfoot Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 10:52 PM   #32
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Quote:
OHHH right right right. now I remember that interview. That is totally what they meant. whew. dodged a bullet there.

Old 05-05-2013, 11:06 PM   #33
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Fun fact:

A "think tank" is not the same thing as a corporation.
Don't know why people insist on calling Advanced Idea Mechanics a corporation, and Killian a businessman.

AIM is a think tank, founded and run by Aldrich Killian. Who is a scientist.

Glad we could clear that up.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 11:08 PM   #34
metaphysician
Side-Kick

Not only do I think Killian might come back, and AIM as an organization or remnant almost certainly will come back, there's also the numerous Extremis soldiers. I bet quite a few of them survived, and can potentially come out of the woodworks as supervillains for quite some time to come.

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 11:16 PM   #35
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Fun fact:

Think tanks can be corporately funded institutions whose primary aim is to turn a profit. And wouldn't ya know it? Killian says word for word that AIM is a "privately funded think tank." Killian is as much a businessman as he is a scientist and his only invention in Iron Man 3 was a corporate policy institute. Maya was the brains behind Extremis.

Last edited by pr0xyt0xin; 05-05-2013 at 11:19 PM.
pr0xyt0xin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 11:32 PM   #36
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
Fun fact:

Think tanks can be corporately funded institutions whose primary aim is to turn a profit. And wouldn't ya know it? Killian says word for word that AIM is a "privately funded think tank." Killian is as much a businessman as he is a scientist and his only invention in Iron Man 3 was a corporate policy institute. Maya was the brains behind Extremis.

It doesn't make AIM a business.
I just get tired of people misinterpreting Killian as "just another greedy businessman." He's not in it for the money. At all.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 11:34 PM   #37
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

If its an organization deriving revenue from a private source in return for a service, its a business. In this case, the think tank is a business. It has to be, otherwise we're equivocating for the heck of it.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
ThePhantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 12:38 PM   #38
metaphysician
Side-Kick

Also, don't forget that AIM were the ones who did the refurb of the War Machine armor, and apparently had their own satellite network for Tony to hack into. AIM may have *started* as a think tank, but I'm pretty sure they actually were functionally a business by the time the movie started.

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 12:42 PM   #39
Ultimatehero
Life is infinite

I'm pretty sure at worst it would be handed to the vice president of the company (? I don't know how corporations work) or someone else along those lines. As big a company as this is, I don't think it just suddenly ceases. So any route you go in, the company would still be around.

"If we are all united, we can take back our lives. While they stand divided, we can fight them and their laws. If we get up off our knees, we can show them that we are people. We can take back this "free" country! - Anti-Flag
Ultimatehero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 12:52 PM   #40
ctsketch
Side-Kick

AIM was a think tank, Killian was one man and Extremis dudes were soldiers... someone else will take the reigns. Remember Kevin said IM3 will have huge Phase 2 implications. We have AIM, we have a MCU president....Captain America is filming...

ctsketch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 01:46 PM   #41
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Thinking AIM ended in IM3 after Killian "died" is like thinking HYDRA ended in TFA after Red Skull "died". Makes no sense.

ThePowerCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 03:47 PM   #42
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

I hope not, A.I.m. Would be cool to keep around as Killian's sponcer and not Killian's company

....to every King.
THOR MAY 6TH 2011

Vartha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 03:53 PM   #43
Blader5489
CASUAL SEX!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
Thinking AIM ended in IM3 after Killian "died" is like thinking HYDRA ended in TFA after Red Skull "died". Makes no sense.
What doesn't make sense about it? AIM was formed around Killian and his vision of Extremis. HYDRA was formed around Red Skull and his vision of world domination or whatever. They're not like CEOs of corporations that can be switched out for newer ones, they're cult figures. On top of that, HYDRA was systematically taken down by Cap and the Allies in WWII and AIM would not be able to exist as a company after its leader is outed as a terrorist who attempted to kill the President.

Blader5489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 04:01 PM   #44
Eddie
Side-Kick

Quote:
This. Not only is there no reason to think AIM is gone,...

... but there's also reason to believe Killian wasn't the real man behind AIM after all, or at least not the only man. In the comics AIM is an offshoot of that other group you mentioned, HYDRA. Now what happened to HYDRA's leader in CA:TFA? He was sucked through a portal to what appeared to be some sort of starry landscape in the cosmos. What imagery did Killian accidentally bring up when he was trying to show Pepper his brain? The same type of imagery from the location that the Red Skull went to. Duhn duhn duhn!!!

Old 05-06-2013, 04:14 PM   #45
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blader5489 View Post
What doesn't make sense about it? AIM was formed around Killian and his vision of Extremis. HYDRA was formed around Red Skull and his vision of world domination or whatever. They're not like CEOs of corporations that can be switched out for newer ones, they're cult figures. On top of that, HYDRA was systematically taken down by Cap and the Allies in WWII and AIM would not be able to exist as a company after its leader is outed as a terrorist who attempted to kill the President.
All I can say is you'll see. Marvel is not going to establish AIM and HYDRA in one movie and then not bring both back to expand on them. Both HYDRA and AIM have had multiple leaders in the comics as time passes. There is so much more that we haven't yet seen from both of them that I can't fathom why you think they won't return. We will see more from them soon... just wait and see.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 05-06-2013, 04:20 PM   #46
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Quote:
This. Not only is there no reason to think AIM is gone,...

... but there's also reason to believe Killian wasn't the real man behind AIM after all, or at least not the only man. In the comics AIM is an offshoot of that other group you mentioned, HYDRA. Now what happened to HYDRA's leader in CA:TFA? He was sucked through a portal to what appeared to be some sort of starry landscape in the cosmos. What imagery did Killian accidentally bring up when he was trying to show Pepper his brain? The same type of imagery from the location that the Red Skull went to. Duhn duhn duhn!!!
You bring up some great points, Eddie. I didn't even think about the Skull's incident tying into the brain moment in IM3... interesting.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 05-06-2013, 04:23 PM   #47
ElMariachi
Bald to the Bone

Stupid Steve Jobs dying. Now I can't buy any more iPads!

Prof. X sittin' on Adamantium wheelchair rims, reading your stupid minds & laughing at your hair.
ElMariachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 04:35 PM   #48
Eddie
Side-Kick

Quote:
You bring up some great points, Eddie. I didn't even think about the Skull's incident tying into the brain moment in IM3... interesting.
I'm thoroughly convinced that Marvel flat out lied when they emphasized how stand alone Iron Man 3 is. I posted some theories over in the news & speculation thread (I was too new to start a thread of my own) about several of the potential ties the movie has with the rest of the MCU. In a couple of years, I think we'll look back and realize that Iron Man 3 was as heavily tied into the greater MCU as any of the other films. We just don't know it yet.

Old 05-06-2013, 04:37 PM   #49
nogap87
Side-Kick

Evil geniuses are a dime a dozen in Marvel. Finding a new leader for AIM should not be difficult or require much explanation. I'm more curious about what will be their motivation for existing now that the White House (world?) knows they are not to be trusted.

nogap87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 04:42 PM   #50
Eddie
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by nogap87 View Post
Evil geniuses are a dime a dozen in Marvel. Finding a new leader for AIM should not be difficult or require much explanation. I'm more curious about what will be their motivation for existing now that the White House (world?) knows they are not to be trusted.
They'll probably just say, "Screw it. We're terrorists You know it, we know it. We're just gonna run around in hazmat suits and make giant head monsters now, 'kay?"