The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2013, 01:18 PM   #51
Nemeres
Easy, miss. I've got you.

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Par

Cooooollllll!!!!

Zod has like a billion costumes. He's the Riddler of MOS.

TUUUU-TUUUU-TUUUUUUUUUUU...
Old 05-06-2013, 01:19 PM   #52
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Par

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemeres View Post
Cooooollllll!!!!

Zod has like a billion costumes. He's the Riddler of MOS.
He has two, with the black under suit that goes with everything.

Old 05-06-2013, 01:20 PM   #53
DaJanksta
Henry Cavill's chest hair

Zod with the cape looks so bad ass.

Old 05-06-2013, 01:20 PM   #54
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible, and we count these moments. Those moments when we dared to aim higher -- to break barriers, to reach for the stars. To make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that, and perhaps we've just forgotten. That we're still pioneers, that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us -- because our destiny lies above us."

INTERSTELLAR

Old 05-06-2013, 01:20 PM   #55
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

I never thought I'd say this but hearing Superman ROAR was EPIC!

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 05-06-2013, 01:21 PM   #56
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIrishAvenger View Post
Zod attack!!!!

Old 05-06-2013, 01:21 PM   #57
G.Godfrey
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Where is Kane?! We need big gifs of the new scenes!

Old 05-06-2013, 01:21 PM   #58
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by 747 View Post
Bale Bats and Cavill Supers should have a growl off!
Whoa, whoa let's save the growl parodies for the inevitable YouTube video.

Old 05-06-2013, 01:22 PM   #59
WoodyROM
Side-Kick

I'll say it again, Godfrey....you're the best

Old 05-06-2013, 01:22 PM   #60
DKDetective
"He'll be a god to them."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarex View Post
Let me be clear, I absolutely think Snyder and company should keep the Clark Kent disguise. I want to see Clark slouching while walking unmolested amongst the crowds of Metropolis, and being told by the clerk at the 7-11 that he looks sort of like that Superman fellow who foiled the alien invasion. What I don't want is for people who should know better - the residents of Smallville, Lois, Perry, the US Government - to act stupidly and be completely thrown off by glasses and a part in his hair. It's going to be difficult for Snyder to put forward what he calls a realistic take on the character while keeping some semblance of what has helped the character stay relevant for 75 years, but I am hoping he can pull it off.
Okay, that I can understand. Your original post made it sound like you thought the entire idea of the disguise to be unrealistic and unjustifiable. The criticism regarding the residents of Smallville is understandable considering the fact that we know that Clark returns there as an adult and saves a lot of people without a Superman disguise. I think, in the end, it would be fitting and consistent with the film's themes for Smallville to help keep his secret. For the reasons< I've mentioned, I really think that the Us government not knowing can be portrayed believably. In regards to Lois, as we all know, it is likely that they will do what Donner did and have her find out and perhaps even be in on the disguise from the beginning. The rest of Daily Planet can believeably be fooled. Other than Lois and maybe Jimmy/Jenny, none of them really need to have any direct contact with Superman. Also, if as some set photos indicate Metropolis Clark predates Zod forcing Superman's public debut, I can see them failing to put two and two together. Look at all the times that people have committed horrible crimes in secret and their co-workers and family and friends go on the news and tell everyone how shocked they are when most people at home, based on the reporting of evidence at the trial or where ever, are thinking to themselves how stupid can you be?

However, let's be honest, none of thse really matters. Movies are about plausibility and building a coherent fictional universe, people will ignore inaccuracies or absurdities in "realistic" films like Nolan's Batman trilogy so long as you tell them an entertaining tale, treat it seriously, and give a somewhat convincing explanation. You should go back and read the years' worth of "realism" debates on the Bat-boards. Hollywood "realism" has nothing to do with actual "realism".

Old 05-06-2013, 01:22 PM   #61
Kryptonian Warrior
In Snyder I Trust

So today has been a FANTASTIC day for me! First we get this AMAZING TV Spot of THE best superhero movie that's ever been made and then to my surprise I check the mail and what do I see? My Blu Ray copy of Superman: Unbound AND Superman Birthright! So I got my copy of Unbound a day early! Thanks Amazon!

http://www.blu-ray.com/community/col...n.php?u=230251
Old 05-06-2013, 01:22 PM   #62
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Godfrey View Post
Where is Kane?! We need big gifs of the new scenes!
Wonder powers activate..... Oh sorry I thought we were doing something else

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 05-06-2013, 01:22 PM   #63
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

Quote:
Love the way he jumps to right in front of the lens. Great shot.

1. The Dark Knight | 2. Superman: The Movie | 3. Batman Begins | 4. The Avengers | 5. Batman Returns
6. Captain America: The Winter Soldier | 7. X2 | 8. X-Men: Days of Future Past | 9. Spider-Man 2 | 10. The Dark Knight Rises
Old 05-06-2013, 01:23 PM   #64
N7 Joseph Shepard
Human/Kryptonian Hybrid

Quote:

"HHHHHHEEEERRRREEEESSSS ZODY!!"

Snyder
Alexander/Arterton- Wonder Woman - Taylor
Bomer - Green Lantern -
Bay
Pine - The Flash -
Del-Toro
Pearce - Lex Luthor
Old 05-06-2013, 01:24 PM   #65
Nemeres
Easy, miss. I've got you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
He has two, with the black under suit that goes with everything.
I definitely count that as a third. So 999 999 997 less than a billion, but still plenty for CBM villain, which is always cool.

TUUUU-TUUUU-TUUUUUUUUUUU...
Old 05-06-2013, 01:24 PM   #66
Bruce_Begins
I am still Green Goblin

Quote:
Zod breaking into inside Daily Planet Office !

*\S/T*
Old 05-06-2013, 01:24 PM   #67
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

So the action certainty won't be lacking in this film...

Old 05-06-2013, 01:24 PM   #68
Notrip
SuperDaD

Omg! Yes!!!!

Amy Adams - Lois Lane
? - Jim Gordon
Hugh Laurie - Alfred

Old 05-06-2013, 01:25 PM   #69
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible, and we count these moments. Those moments when we dared to aim higher -- to break barriers, to reach for the stars. To make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that, and perhaps we've just forgotten. That we're still pioneers, that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us -- because our destiny lies above us."

INTERSTELLAR

Old 05-06-2013, 01:26 PM   #70
souperman
Side-Dish

a lot of super shouting going on here

Lois: Call me Lois. Come on, I'll take you to lunch and show you the ropes.
Clark: That'd be great Lois ,...but no Shawarma.

http://soupermanshh.deviantart.com/
Old 05-06-2013, 01:28 PM   #71
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemeres View Post
I definitely count that as a third. So 999 999 997 less than a billion, but still plenty for CBM villain, which is always cool.
There are two. There is his Kryptonian armor and the armor he makes from bits of Black Zero. The black under suit is the base for both armors and he either wears or doesn't wear his cape.

Last edited by DarthSkywalker; 05-06-2013 at 01:35 PM.
Old 05-06-2013, 01:29 PM   #72
FilmNerdJamie
The Mod You Deserve
SHH! Global Moderator

The "roar" was stupid.

Old 05-06-2013, 01:30 PM   #73
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

I need a gif of that shot of Lois holding onto Superman NOW.

Old 05-06-2013, 01:31 PM   #74
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptonian Warrior View Post
So today has been a FANTASTIC day for me! First we get this AMAZING TV Spot of THE best superhero movie that's ever been made and then to my surprise I check the mail and what do I see? My Blu Ray copy of Superman: Unbound AND Superman Birthright! So I got my copy of Unbound a day early! Thanks Amazon!
Quite a superday .

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKDetective View Post
Okay, that I can understand. Your original post made it sound like you thought the entire idea of the disguise to be unrealistic and unjustifiable. The criticism regarding the residents of Smallville is understandable considering the fact that we know that Clark returns there as an adult and saves a lot of people without a Superman disguise. I think, in the end, it would be fitting and consistent with the film's themes for Smallville to help keep his secret. For the reasons< I've mentioned, I really think that the Us government not knowing can be portrayed believably. In regards to Lois, as we all know, it is likely that they will do what Donner did and have her find out and perhaps even be in on the disguise from the beginning. The rest of Daily Planet can believeably be fooled. Other than Lois and maybe Jimmy/Jenny, none of them really need to have any direct contact with Superman. Also, if as some set photos indicate Metropolis Clark predates Zod forcing Superman's public debut, I can see them failing to put two and two together. Look at all the times that people have committed horrible crimes in secret and their co-workers and family and friends go on the news and tell everyone how shocked they are when most people at home, based on the reporting of evidence at the trial or where ever, are thinking to themselves how stupid can you be?

However, let's be honest, none of thse really matters. Movies are about plausibility and building a coherent fictional universe, people will ignore inaccuracies or absurdities in "realistic" films like Nolan's Batman trilogy so long as you tell them an entertaining tale, treat it seriously, and give a somewhat convincing explanation. You should go back and read the years' worth of "realism" debates on the Bat-boards. Hollywood "realism" has nothing to do with actual "realism".
One can also argue that no one would believe Superman is stupid enough to think that he could get away with a disguise like that which is why no one falls for it. Reverse psychology .

Old 05-06-2013, 01:32 PM   #75
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

INTERSTELLAR

Closed Thread