The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Justice League > Justice League Parts One & Two

Old 05-06-2013, 08:05 PM   #26
Dusty_Lane
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Batman In The MOS Universe Is...

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
Another jabroni who makes up stories for CBM.

And even in the off chance there is some truth to what he's saying, he still says he does not know the specific details of the subject. All he says is that Wayne Enterprises will be mentioned and the character of Batman at some point, to which he is just assuming it's going to be the rebooted version of him. Well Wayne Enterprises did exist in the Nolanverse, and apparently continued on even the in the absence of Bruce at the conclusion of TDKR. As far as Batman being referenced in MOS.....he could be referenced in past tense, you never know.

Dusty_Lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 08:22 PM   #27
shauner111
Side-Kick

Yup. How would we know that it's a new Batman or not? lol sounds silly. I don't think ANY batman reference will happen but if it does it will be easier if it was Bale returning. A cameo or his face in the paper would do the trick. If he's rebooted, he'll probably make a physical appearance in MOS 2.

shauner111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 08:34 PM   #28
Dusty_Lane
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yup. How would we know that it's a new Batman or not? lol sounds silly. I don't think ANY batman reference will happen but if it does it will be easier if it was Bale returning. A cameo or his face in the paper would do the trick. If he's rebooted, he'll probably make a physical appearance in MOS 2.
Batman is such a huge property I just can't see WB treating him as a spin off from this film, WF, or Justice League. They would want a good foundation for his character and the world he lives in. With TDK Trilogy we already have that foundation. Now all we need is another reason to lure him back into the cape and cowl and dammit there is a good reason lingering out there that most of you just haven't thought off. It never ceases to amaze me how people act like it's impossible to find a way to bring Bale back without compromising the ending to Rises.

Old 05-06-2013, 08:35 PM   #29
IamtheBatman
Side-Kick

One person who know if Batman was in MOS is Jim Lee!

IamtheBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 08:43 PM   #30
Dusty_Lane
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamtheBatman View Post
One person who know if Batman was in MOS is Jim Lee!
Don't forget Zack Snyder, Christopher Nolan, and David Goyer! lol!

Old 05-06-2013, 08:44 PM   #31
shauner111
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty_Lane View Post
Batman is such a huge property I just can't see WB treating him as a spin off from this film, WF, or Justice League. They would want a good foundation for his character and the world he lives in. With TDK Trilogy we already have that foundation. Now all we need is another reason to lure him back into the cape and cowl and dammit there is a good reason lingering out there that most of you just haven't thought off. It never ceases to amaze me how people act like it's impossible to find a way to bring Bale back without compromising the ending to Rises.

Old 05-06-2013, 08:44 PM   #32
cleverusername8
Side-Kick

*facepalm*

No one knows anything for sure. Bale is not definitely in, reboot is not definitely happening. Bottom line.

When WB makes their announcement, the speculation can have some solid footing. Until then, we don't even know if this shared universe is even going to happen.

cleverusername8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 08:59 PM   #33
Dusty_Lane
Side-Kick

And let me just add one more thing. Again, if this guy's source is correct in saying there will be a Batman and Wayne Enterprises reference, what exactly will be the first thing that pops into the general audiences head? Ummmm.....Christian Bale obviously. I mean come now, it hasn't even been a full year since The Dark Knight Rises was released. Talk about confusing! Not to mention you've got Christopher Nolan and The Dark Knight Trilogy's name plastered all over every trailer! Haters don't give me the Watchmen and 300 thing either, you know it's different talking about TDK Trilogy provided there's even a reference to Gotham alone.

Old 05-06-2013, 08:59 PM   #34
shauner111
Side-Kick

Oh it's happening!

Old 05-06-2013, 09:01 PM   #35
shauner111
Side-Kick

Quote:
And let me just add one more thing. Again, if this guy's source is correct in saying there will be a Batman and Wayne Enterprises reference, what exactly will be the first thing that pops into the general audiences head? Ummmm.....Christian Bale obviously. I mean come now, it hasn't even been a full year since The Dark Knight Rises was released. Talk about confusing!
Exactly!! Less than a year, if it's Wayne Enterprises or a mention of "Batman" or "Bruce Wayne"..the GA will think of Bale.

Old 05-06-2013, 09:11 PM   #36
Dusty_Lane
Side-Kick

Quote:
Exactly!! Less than a year, if it's Wayne Enterprises or a mention of "Batman" or "Bruce Wayne"..the GA will think of Bale.
WB isn't going to try and confuse the general audience this soon after the highly successful Dark Knight Trilogy just ended! The mainstream movie going public probably doesn't even know what the word "reboot" even mean in terms of comic book films. They aren't exactly checking the internet everyday like we are for the latest updates on this stuff. Many of them thought Batman Begins was a prequel to Batman '89 when it was released.....some even thought it was after it was released. Just last year alone people couldn't quite wrap their finger around why they were seeing Spider-Man's origin again on film.

Then there's El Mayimbe, who's allowed that video of his scoop to be posted on his twitter account again. If he was that far off the mark he'd hang his head in shame over that video and do everything possible to try and act like it didn't even exist!

Old 05-07-2013, 12:12 AM   #37
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Quote:
A Batman reference in MOS wouldn't be a spin-off; it would be a cameo. That would not make a Batman reboot a spinoff of MOS in any way.

And yes, Batman is a huge property that WB won't introduce in a JL or WF movie. But you're forgetting that a reboot prior to WF/JL can also establish a foundation for Batman, and an even better one than the Nolan films did.

Shikamaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 12:17 AM   #38
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Quote:
That depends. If they just mention Bruce Wayne or Batman or Wayne Enterprises or anything as simple as that, then the GA will think of Bale. If they on the other hand mention that a "giant bat" recently appeared in Gotham or that "the young billionaire Bruce Wayne recently returned home" or anything like that, that will immediately establish a new Batman to both fans and the GA.

Shikamaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 01:10 AM   #39
shauner111
Side-Kick

I agree. But I find it unlikely that we'll see something like that in MOS.

Old 05-07-2013, 02:05 AM   #40
Sub-Zero
Ice Cold

Does anyone really think the general audience will immediately think of bale if they hear Wayne enterprises or Bruce Wayne? They'll think batman and realize there's a bigger universe with other heroes. The characters will always be bigger than the actors that play them.

This thread doesn't really hold water anyway. Levitikus is just some "popular" poster on cbm. What does he really know other than some article posted there? I could write a fake article about Aquaman having a cameo in mos as a beauty pageant judge, and some lunatics will believe it.

Sub-Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 02:35 AM   #41
ThePhantasm
Feedin' the Wampa

ZOMG!!! Did you guys just hear the latest news - a SHH poster named Sub-Zero claims to have a scoop that Aquaman will be in MOS as a beauty pageant judge! Awesome! I totally believe it and am so excited!

Countdown to Mysterious Heroism | H.E.
ThePhantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 03:18 AM   #42
dnno1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sub-Zero View Post
Does anyone really think the general audience will immediately think of bale if they hear Wayne enterprises or Bruce Wayne?
They certainly won't think of Adam West or George Clooney.

Quote:
...They'll think batman and realize there's a bigger universe with other heroes. The characters will always be bigger than the actors that play them...
That was messed up back when Michael Keaton wore the cowl. You can get away with casting an unknown as Superman, but when it comes to Batman, you've got to have an A-Lister in the role.

Quote:
This thread doesn't really hold water anyway. Levitikus is just some "popular" poster on cbm. What does he really know other than some article posted there? I could write a fake article about Aquaman having a cameo in mos as a beauty pageant judge, and some lunatics will believe it.
I wonder if he has a sister name Genisuz and a brother name Exoduz?

Old 05-07-2013, 09:34 AM   #43
Great Mind(s)
Broken

Man this proves nothing. This is the same kind of report as the other thing. And the Latino Review guy had more correct reportings behind him.

Great Mind(s) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 10:02 AM   #44
shauner111
Side-Kick

Was just thinking about what some of us were saying yesterday, that if there's a random hint at "Wayne Enterprises" or something in MOS, without details..the audience will immediately think of Bale.

Not only did TDKR come out less than a year ago. There's like what millions? of people who saw TDKR for the first time when it was released on Blu-ray back in December/January. And WB will be promoting the "ultimate edition trilogy" boxset this October, and u can guarantee that we'll be seeing tv spots about it.

Quote:
Does anyone really think the general audience will immediately think of bale if they hear Wayne enterprises or Bruce Wayne? They'll think batman and realize there's a bigger universe with other heroes. The characters will always be bigger than the actors that play them.

THIS soon? Yes. If it was in a few years, u would be right.

Old 05-07-2013, 03:40 PM   #45
Sub-Zero
Ice Cold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
ZOMG!!! Did you guys just hear the latest news - a SHH poster named Sub-Zero claims to have a scoop that Aquaman will be in MOS as a beauty pageant judge! Awesome! I totally believe it and am so excited!
Lol. I expected backlash. You, sir, are no fanboy.
If you said "noooooooo! Why would they do this to my favorite character?! I'm boycotting mos. looks like crap anyway." It would've been more believable

It's just a reference anyway. They'll have some time to get bale back or get someone else in the role. Look at bond they replace bond within 2 yrs of each other and the new guy references events that occurred in the previous's adventures.each arc and actor had a different take yet it was still basically the same continuity.

Last edited by Sub-Zero; 05-07-2013 at 03:44 PM.
Sub-Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 04:26 PM   #46
N7 Joseph Shepard
Human/Kryptonian Hybrid

a reference in Man Of Steel could mean anything, people tend to forget that there actually was a Batman reference in Superman Returns and look how well that turned out :S

Snyder
Alexander/Arterton- Wonder Woman - Taylor
Bomer - Green Lantern -
Bay
Pine - The Flash -
Del-Toro
Pearce - Lex Luthor
N7 Joseph Shepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 11:01 PM   #47
thorstone
Side-Kick

This isn't happening. Why would Warner shut the door on the Batman universe to use him in Justice League where he isn't needed. They can have two film franchises/universes instead of one and make twice the money.

thorstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 07:50 AM   #48
aNarcHy2day
Screw You Mayans!

I am amazed there is even a debate on how people would react to a Batman reference in MoS.

If it was just any Bruce Wayne reference- maybe they'd think of Bale, may be they wouldn't

But a Bruce Wayne reference just one year after a previous Batman film with the same tone (apparantly) in a film that's being promoted almost TOO visibly as 'produced by the makers of TDKT'!!!

Also the previous comment about Begins being a prequel to '89 Batman made me smile. I was fairly young at that time and it's ending involving the Joker call card actually made of think it was a prequel!

aNarcHy2day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 11:35 AM   #49
Great Mind(s)
Broken

Even if this is true how would he know it's not Bale's Batman? Is Clark watching American Psycho on the TV?

Great Mind(s) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 11:49 AM   #50
shauner111
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Mind(s) View Post
Even if this is true how would he know it's not Bale's Batman? Is Clark watching American Psycho on the TV?