The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Justice League > Justice League

Old 05-08-2013, 11:06 AM   #51
dnno1
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Batman In The MOS Universe Is...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Mind(s) View Post
Even if this is true how would he know it's not Bale's Batman? Is Clark watching American Psycho on the TV?

Wayne Enterprises Logo
(From The Dark Knight Trilogy)

If the Wayne Enterprises logo was not the same as the one in the Nolan films. True that they could have changed the logo, but it does leave that shred of doubt that it is in the same universe.

Old 05-08-2013, 11:31 AM   #52
shauner111
Side-Kick

Yeah but that's for fanboys to figure out. A person going to see the movie who's not hung up on those details will see Wayne Enterprises, 10 months after the release of TDKR...6 months after the Blu-ray release of the movie (which a lot of people waited for) and they'll think of the trilogy. Regardless of the logo.

shauner111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 11:34 AM   #53
shauner111
Side-Kick

Now what they could do, is not let the audiences really know. Make it go over the head of most people, no dialogue, just a quick flash of Wayne Enterprises. I still think logos wont matter, the handful of people who would catch a reference would still be asking if it's Bale or a new guy.

Old 05-08-2013, 01:18 PM   #54
Jamiestarr
Newbie First Class

Quote:
Batman is such a huge property I just can't see WB treating him as a spin off from this film, WF, or Justice League. They would want a good foundation for his character and the world he lives in. With TDK Trilogy we already have that foundation. Now all we need is another reason to lure him back into the cape and cowl and dammit there is a good reason lingering out there that most of you just haven't thought off. It never ceases to amaze me how people act like it's impossible to find a way to bring Bale back without compromising the ending to Rises.
Exactly. To me, the easiest/most logical/box office assured answer is to bring back Christian Bale.

It'd be easy. Tag something like this onto the end of Man of Steel.

Somewhere in France-

Clark: We need you.

Offscreen voice: Gotham is safe, Gordon and Robin keep the peace.

Clark: I am not talking about Gotham. The threat is bigger now. The world needs you, the world needs The Batman.

Offscreen voice: How did you even find me?

Clark: Besides the x-ray vision? You know the world is too small for someone like Bruce Wayne to disappear.

Camera cuts to reveal Christian Bale as Bruce Wayne

Bruce: When do we begin?

I mean, the team that made The Dark Knight films are making Man of Steel molded to a DC Universe and they are not bringing "their" Batman?

That's a lot of effort for what basically amounts to a 2nd or 3rd best option. It will confuse the general public and hurt potential box office.

Honestly, not bring Bale back into the fold would be tantamount to having another actor as Iron Man in The Avengers. In the public's mind Bale is Batman. Whether you reboot Batman (again) or simply recast it is going to confuse most people.

Hell, I am a major fanboy and I am already a bit confused...John Blake: Is he Batman or Robin? Why isn't he Dick Grayson?

Last edited by Jamiestarr; 05-08-2013 at 01:30 PM.
Jamiestarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 01:29 PM   #55
shauner111
Side-Kick

I agree Jamiestarr. John Blake could still be Dick Grayson by birthname. All we were told in that movie was he went by Blake and John is probably a nickname or middle name or something. We know from the comics that "John" was the name of Dick's father. At the end of TDKR he goes "Blake, John"..."Nothing here..."..."Try my legal name"..."You should use your full name, I like that...Robin". He walks away a bit embarrassed as Robin is his legal first name.

His mother (Mary?) died in a car accident when he was too young. His father died when he was a kid, and probably witnessed it because he "remembers that one, just fine". Ever hear of witness protection? Or name changes in orphanages?

Birthname could have been Richard Grayson, name is changed legally to "Robin Blake". Embarassed by the name and maybe to rebel, he goes by the name "John" which is not only his fathers name in the comics but Dick's middle name as well.

Something like that can be fixed and explained NO PROBLEM. and btw, I don't think he's Batman. Ive fought that argument for a year now, he's his own character, Robin/Nightwing, whatever. Batman is dead and he's honored as a statue. Robin protects Gotham now, like Nightwing would Bludhaven. He just fights for the same cause as Batman did, the torch is passed to a different person. A person who doesn't have the personal attachment to a creature like a bat, in the way that Bruce Wayne does.

Old 05-08-2013, 01:52 PM   #56
Dusty_Lane
Side-Kick

See I keep thinking the idea of how to bring Bruce back into the fold would be somewhat more personal and grounded. The idea of Lex Luthor taking over Wayne Enterprises in the wake of Bruce's abandonment of the company is what keeps going through my head. Remember how Bruce and Lucius were so keen to make sure applied sciences didn't fall into the wrong hands with John Daggett? Well what if Luthor got ahold of it? How would this effect the Wayne family legacy? Similar to Mr. Earle in BB but with Lex on a much grander scale.

Dusty_Lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 02:02 PM   #57
shauner111
Side-Kick

Yeah, I think that would be a good way to bring him back to Gotham either for a World's Finest or a solo movie after JL. Sadly I don't see it happening but that would be amazing.

Imagine him coming out of retirement not out of personal desire but to save billions of lives, plus his curiosity gets the best of him when he hears about Superman, etc. Then the end of JL? He's informed by Clark that Luthor is trying to take over W-E since Fox is ill or something and can't do much. Or Fox tells Bruce himself.

Bruce comes back to Gotham, and we get a mix of a World's Finest (featuring Lex, Superman) and a solo movie (featuring Robin, Gordon, Joker?). Heck even throw in some stuff from the 2nd half of TDKReturns. Have Snyder direct it, Nolan produce. Screw it! Just call it The Dark Knight Returns.

Old 05-08-2013, 02:09 PM   #58
Dusty_Lane
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
Yeah, I think that would be a good way to bring him back to Gotham either for a World's Finest or a solo movie after JL. Sadly I don't see it happening but that would be amazing.

Imagine him coming out of retirement not out of personal desire but to save billions of lives, plus his curiosity gets the best of him when he hears about Superman, etc. Then the end of JL? He's informed by Clark that Luthor is trying to take over W-E since Fox is ill or something and can't do much. Or Fox tells Bruce himself.

Bruce comes back to Gotham, and we get a mix of a World's Finest (featuring Lex, Superman) and a solo movie (featuring Robin, Gordon, Joker?). Heck even throw in some stuff from the 2nd half of TDKReturns. Have Snyder direct it, Nolan produce. Screw it! Just call it The Dark Knight Returns.
Well, I'm of the mind that WF must come before JL. WF could be the first part of a JL trilogy. However, the vision I had was Lex taking control of Wayne Enterprises and bringing it to Metropolis essentially. The where abouts of Bruce Wayne was left pretty ambiguous at the end of TDKR. As an investigative reporter perhaps Clark Kent finds out that Bruce Wayne is still alive through Lucius Fox and sets out to try and find him.

Old 05-08-2013, 02:14 PM   #59
shauner111
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty_Lane View Post
Well, I'm of the mind that WF must come before JL. WF could be the first part of a JL trilogy. However, the vision I had was Lex taking control of Wayne Enterprises and bringing it to Metropolis essentially. The where abouts of Bruce Wayne was left pretty ambiguous at the end of TDKR. As an investigative reporter perhaps Clark Kent finds out that Bruce Wayne is still alive through Lucius Fox and sets out to try and find him.
Me too. But I don't see it happening. I think if Bale came back, realistically it would be a WF into a JL movie or simply keeping him exclusive to JLA. BUT I think Bale doing a cameo in a MOS movie, into a JL, then directly into a Snyder-esque take on the TDKReturns concept would have been beyond excellent.

Bringing Wayne Enterprises to Metropolis? Nice.

Old 05-08-2013, 02:20 PM   #60
IamtheBatman
Side-Kick

In the comics Bruce does have a Penthouse in Metropolis.

IamtheBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 02:27 PM   #61
Dusty_Lane
Side-Kick

Quote:
Me too. But I don't see it happening. I think if Bale came back, realistically it would be a WF into a JL movie or simply keeping him exclusive to JLA. BUT I think Bale doing a cameo in a MOS movie, into a JL, then directly into a Snyder-esque take on the TDKReturns concept would have been beyond excellent.

Bringing Wayne Enterprises to Metropolis? Nice.
I'm just curious why you don't think WF could happen first? I think realistically speaking it helps WB buy more time to get a DC cinematic universe kickstarted by focusing on solo films for Wonder Woman, Flash, and a semi-rebooted Green Lantern. That is if they want to take the Marvel approach. However, they shouldn't completely use Marvel as a blueprint either to help with the already unavoidable comparisons that will be made.

Another idea of mine was how Zack Snyder could approach a first "Justice League" movie after a WF film? WB should try to resist the idea of just doing another alien invasion story and focus more on a threat growing from within the planet. Though the idea may sound really cheesy, if reconstructed in a Nolan/Snyder esque manner, could the formation of a Legion of Doom type organization be what brings together the JLA? Naturally Luthor would be the ring leader of this terrorist organization. It could also be another way to yet again bring back another appearance by Cillian Murphy as the Scarecrow.

Old 05-08-2013, 02:34 PM   #62
shauner111
Side-Kick

If Bale comes back, it should be WF into JL no doubt about it. But it could just as well be rebooted, and in that case I think the priority will be JL.

I see WB choosing a sequel to MOS over a WF. Even if we would prefer WF.

But yeah, ur right, that's how it should be done. A WF can really introduce the other 3 characters and have a phenomenal cliffhanger that spells it out for the audience that JL is coming.

I do like the latest idea on here, that the first movie not be an alien invasion and have it take place on another planet entirely. Then like I was saying, you bring the sequel back to earth and Aquaman can have a role.

Old 05-08-2013, 03:00 PM   #63
IamtheBatman
Side-Kick

Quote:
If Bale comes back, it should be WF into JL no doubt about it. But it could just as well be rebooted, and in that case I think the priority will be JL.

I see WB choosing a sequel to MOS over a WF. Even if we would prefer WF.

But yeah, ur right, that's how it should be done. A WF can really introduce the other 3 characters and have a phenomenal cliffhanger that spells it out for the audience that JL is coming.

I do like the latest idea on here, that the first movie not be an alien invasion and have it take place on another planet entirely. Then like I was saying, you bring the sequel back to earth and Aquaman can have a role.
I would like for WF to introduce Lex.

IamtheBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 03:30 PM   #64
Rorschach2012
$

I wouldn't like for WF to introduce Lex. In a perfect world Lex and Brainiac would be introduced in a MOS sequel, which is followed by World's Finest. But i can accept Lex being introduced in WF, I'd prefer the other way though.

If WF introduces Lex should it be President Lex? Public Enemies used as inspiration?

Rorschach2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 03:40 PM   #65
Great Mind(s)
Broken

I think it'd be too soon. He should run and be elected, the tension would be higher.

Great Mind(s) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 05:13 PM   #66
Rorschach2012
$

Aside from Public Enemies, Bruce Timm's World's Finest story was the best WF story I've seen or read. I think a film should take a lot of inspiration for that if not Public Enemies

Rorschach2012 is offline   Reply With Quote