The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Guardians of the Galaxy > Guardians of the Galaxy

Old 05-30-2013, 10:24 AM   #101
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

Default Re: OFFICIAL Guardians of Galaxy Casting Thread - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
That would be my guess.

They could even throw in the whole origin backstory there, of Ko Rel, the female Kree captain who was part of the Nova Corps and got backstabbed by a certain green-skinned Amazon who shall remain nameless (*koff*gamora*koff*), and her spirit then was absorbed into Worldmind. That whole story arc was the doings of DnA, too, so there's definitely a GOTG connection there. (And if it's from the same story arc, does that mean we can look for The Phalanx as the cannon-fodder baddies in this movie?)

All of this flood of info is starting to make sense now. As Worldmind, Glenn Close would be more or less the "police chief" of the Nova Corps. And the spec that Lee Pace is actually playing Richard Rider begins to make a lot more sense, too ---- they said he's being groomed for a spinoff movie, and he's a "bad guy" who becomes a good guy. If you don't take "bad guy" so literally, and just assume that the rumors mean he's an antagonist to Quill and the Guardians, it looks more and more like cops 'n' robbers in outer space, with the "robbers" (GOTG) being the sympathetic characters, and the Nova Corps playing ruthless and determined cops.
I am here for all of this. Marvel has been pretty flawfree in their casting decisions.

But damn, I love me some Glenn Close. She's a total believable badass.

Also, if it gets me a Lee Pace Marvel franchise....

Suzanne78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 01:00 PM   #102
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Maybe Close is Queen Adora? The queen of Xandar. She has full control over the Corps. Adora is much younger in the comics but maybe they think it's more realistic to make her older.

Mr. Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 08:38 PM   #103
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
Maybe Close is Queen Adora? The queen of Xandar. She has full control over the Corps. Adora is much younger in the comics but maybe they think it's more realistic to make her older.
Nah, Adora would be just another typical Amazon princess superheroine type, and we've already got one named Gamora. It's far more interesting and unique to introduce a leader character who is a disembodied semi-spiritual AI calling the shots for the Corps.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 08:58 PM   #104
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
Oh my god I love Glenn close! I'm so excited marvel can get someone of her caliber! Do you reckon when she gets a job she yells "this has just been Closed" and then storms out, breaks something and makes out with a hot guy?

By the way, am I the only one who pictured this when I heard the news?

I imagined something like that as well. Centurion Nova Prime role.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
ThePowerCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 09:18 PM   #105
Norrin Parker
Majestor of the Shi'ar

I think someone mentioned this earlier but I feel pretty confident Close will be playing someone like this.

Norrin Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 10:35 PM   #106
jse
Side-Kick

Quote:
That would be my guess.

They could even throw in the whole origin backstory there, of Ko Rel, the female Kree captain who was part of the Nova Corps and got backstabbed by a certain green-skinned Amazon who shall remain nameless (*koff*gamora*koff*), and her spirit then was absorbed into Worldmind. That whole story arc was the doings of DnA, too, so there's definitely a GOTG connection there. (And if it's from the same story arc, does that mean we can look for The Phalanx as the cannon-fodder baddies in this movie?)

All of this flood of info is starting to make sense now. As Worldmind, Glenn Close would be more or less the "police chief" of the Nova Corps. And the spec that Lee Pace is actually playing Richard Rider begins to make a lot more sense, too ---- they said he's being groomed for a spinoff movie, and he's a "bad guy" who becomes a good guy. If you don't take "bad guy" so literally, and just assume that the rumors mean he's an antagonist to Quill and the Guardians, it looks more and more like cops 'n' robbers in outer space, with the "robbers" (GOTG) being the sympathetic characters, and the Nova Corps playing ruthless and determined cops.
I was hoping maybe Lee Pace would be playing Adam Warlock, but your scenario would be equally awesome.

Although, I still hope Warlock pops up at some point, because i'd rather he be involved in an Infinity Guantlet storyline, when or if they decide to do one.

If Thanos w/ IG isn't in TA2, i hope all of Marvel's Phase 3 franchises (the Avengers, GotG, Dr. Strange) culminate in an uber-crossover Infinity Gauntlet saga. Whether that is what TA3 will be or is a separate movie, i don't care either way as long as they do one :P. Additionally, I think an IG storyline is epic enough that if they decide to do it as a 2-parter coming out in consecutive years, i wouldn't mind. I think the individual actors that have multi-film options on their contracts wouldn't mind this either, as they would effectively be killing two birds with one stone--fulfilling 2 films on their contracts with just one stretch of filming.

jse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 12:45 PM   #107
misjuevos
I am Groot

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicCap View Post
I think someone mentioned this earlier but I feel pretty confident Close will be playing someone like this.
I posted the same pic one page ago. When I read "head of nova corps" I pictured that alien too.

Old 05-31-2013, 01:32 PM   #108
Destructus86
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicCap View Post

Love the fro'

Old 05-31-2013, 02:39 PM   #109
Norrin Parker
Majestor of the Shi'ar

Quote:
Originally Posted by misjuevos View Post
I posted the same pic one page ago. When I read "head of nova corps" I pictured that alien too.
Yeah I knew someone posted that. I think its more likely she'll play that character than Worldmind

Norrin Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 02:49 PM   #110
RockSP
MYTH SMITH ∞!!!

Quote:
Funny if the Green Lantern "rip-off" gets it right, unlike the GL movie itself.

http://myth-smith.com/
RockSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 03:42 PM   #111
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

I still Pace will be Warlock/Magus

Old 05-31-2013, 04:17 PM   #112
Silvermoth
Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockSP View Post
Funny if the Green Lantern "rip-off" gets it right, unlike the GL movie itself.
I thought of that too especially after all those people complaining that Quicksilver got a movie before the Flash did

Can't wait for X-men: apocalypse!!
Silvermoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 01:03 PM   #113
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang

I would like to point out that Glen Close is A-list, Six-Time Academy award nominated actress. Anyone who said "Marvel wasn't necessarily going to use A-list talent" or "having prestige actors doesn't matter to Marvel" can start apologizing to me...now.

2015: Ant-Man
2016: Thor: Ragnarok, Doctor Strange
2017: Captain America: Secret Empire, Black Panther
2018: The Incredible Hulk: Rise of the Leader, Guardians of the Galaxy: War of Kings
2019: The Inhumans, Avengers: Thanos Imperative
KangConquers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 01:17 PM   #114
DigificWriter
Side-Kick

Something to take into consideration re: Close; her role is apparently going to be the cosmic equivalent to SLJ's Nick Fury. Is there a comic character who fits that description?

Quote:
"Despair is for people who know beyond any doubt what the future is going to be. Nobody's in that position. So despair is not only a kind of sin - theologically - it's also a simple mistake, because nobody actually knows." - Dr. Patrick Curry
DigificWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 01:33 PM   #115
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by KangConquers View Post
I would like to point out that Glen Close is A-list, Six-Time Academy award nominated actress. Anyone who said "Marvel wasn't necessarily going to use A-list talent" or "having prestige actors doesn't matter to Marvel" can start apologizing to me...now.
yeah but no one, I repeat, no one is going to see GotG because Glenn Close is in it...

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
( http://www.family1stclothingco.com/ )
mkilban2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 01:38 PM   #116
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Glenn Close better not boil Rocket Raccoon in a saucepan.

Old 06-01-2013, 01:55 PM   #117
DigificWriter
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkilban2 View Post
yeah but no one, I repeat, no one is going to see GotG because Glenn Close is in it...
I would, and I'm part of the film's 'niche audience' (comic book/Sci-Fi fans); I guarantee that Close's involvement will be a factor in getting some members of the general audience to go see the movie.

Quote:
"Despair is for people who know beyond any doubt what the future is going to be. Nobody's in that position. So despair is not only a kind of sin - theologically - it's also a simple mistake, because nobody actually knows." - Dr. Patrick Curry
DigificWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 02:08 PM   #118
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigificWriter View Post
I would, and I'm part of the film's 'niche audience' (comic book/Sci-Fi fans); I guarantee that Close's involvement will be a factor in getting some members of the general audience to go see the movie.
Yeah I get people will say hey, Glenn Close is in this movie, that's neat. But I don't think that would make anyone want to go see the movie solely on her being in it herself. The casting doesn't raise or lower my anticipation for the film (it's already pretty high haha), I mean she is Cruela De'ville and Kala from Tarzan so she's awesome in that regard. Glad to see Marvel getting such a wide range of stars both old and new and even some out of left field for their movies, in which all parts generally end up working.

I wanna see Cillian Murphey in the MCU.. someone important read this and make it happen!!

If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!

Last edited by mkilban2; 06-01-2013 at 02:12 PM.
Old 06-01-2013, 02:39 PM   #119
Steve Holt
STEVE HOLT!

Cillian Murphy as Moon Knight

Old 06-01-2013, 03:30 PM   #120
Eddie Dean
I Am Not Nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
Glenn Close better not boil Rocket Raccoon in a saucepan.
Ha ha! When of your best posts in a while.

Old 06-01-2013, 03:58 PM   #121
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

Quote:
Originally Posted by KangConquers View Post
Really Kang? Your memory must be foggy because nobody ever said they weren't going to hire A-list talent or that hiring prestige actors doesn't matter. What I said is that it's not the FOCUS, and it will never be the focus as long as Feige's in charge. The casting of Glenn Close didn't change anything and I stand by what I said. James Gunn himself has echoed this sentiment. If he couldn't find someone with a big name to fill whatever role Glenn Close has then he would have hired the next best person for the role, whether they be a big name or not.

As a matter of fact, I consider both Zoe Saldana and John C. Reilly to be big name actors, so if I've somehow been disproved then I was disproved a looong time ago when they hired Saldana. I'm very to happy to have all these actors on board because I know they'll bring all of my favorite cosmic characters to life.

Quote:
Nobody's going to see GotG for any of the actors in the movie so far, except maybe the recent casting if Gillan who will bring in a lot of "Whovians" with her. People will see this movie because it's a Marvel movie.

Bruce Banner - "Captain America is on threat watch?"

Natasha Romanoff - "We all are."

Last edited by JB-the-Hunter; 06-01-2013 at 04:20 PM.
JB-the-Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 04:11 PM   #122
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Holt View Post
Cillian Murphy as Moon Knight
would he be a good Moon Knight? I don't know much about many comic characters haha. also, awesome username, I just watched the entire series these last 2 weeks.

Old 06-01-2013, 04:13 PM   #123
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB-the-Hunter View Post

Nobody's going to see GotG for any of the actors in the movie so far, except maybe the recent casting if Gillan who will bring in a lot of "Whovians" with her. People will see this movie because it's a Marvel movie.

I'm actually most excited to see Chris Pratt, No matter who was cast in that role I'd still be pumped to see it, but him getting cast made me much more excited.

Old 06-01-2013, 04:20 PM   #124
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

Chris Pratt as Star-Lord is an inspired choice, I feel.

Bruce Banner - "Captain America is on threat watch?"

Natasha Romanoff - "We all are."
JB-the-Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 04:20 PM   #125
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
would he be a good Moon Knight? I don't know much about many comic characters haha. also, awesome username, I just watched the entire series these last 2 weeks.
I don't think he would. Cillian Murphy is like a more effeminate version of Tom Welling. Moon Knight is a tougher character.