The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Guardians of the Galaxy > Guardians of the Galaxy

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2013, 10:24 AM   #101
Suzanne78
The Winter Smolder
 
Suzanne78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 3,743
Default Re: OFFICIAL Guardians of Galaxy Casting Thread - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
That would be my guess.

They could even throw in the whole origin backstory there, of Ko Rel, the female Kree captain who was part of the Nova Corps and got backstabbed by a certain green-skinned Amazon who shall remain nameless (*koff*gamora*koff*), and her spirit then was absorbed into Worldmind. That whole story arc was the doings of DnA, too, so there's definitely a GOTG connection there. (And if it's from the same story arc, does that mean we can look for The Phalanx as the cannon-fodder baddies in this movie?)

All of this flood of info is starting to make sense now. As Worldmind, Glenn Close would be more or less the "police chief" of the Nova Corps. And the spec that Lee Pace is actually playing Richard Rider begins to make a lot more sense, too ---- they said he's being groomed for a spinoff movie, and he's a "bad guy" who becomes a good guy. If you don't take "bad guy" so literally, and just assume that the rumors mean he's an antagonist to Quill and the Guardians, it looks more and more like cops 'n' robbers in outer space, with the "robbers" (GOTG) being the sympathetic characters, and the Nova Corps playing ruthless and determined cops.
I am here for all of this. Marvel has been pretty flawfree in their casting decisions.

But damn, I love me some Glenn Close. She's a total believable badass.

Also, if it gets me a Lee Pace Marvel franchise....


__________________
"Joss Whedon, Shane Black, Edgar Wright, James Gunn

For as much flack as people give Marvel that's a pretty freaking great group of filmmakers. Kind of feel spoiled."

--Chewy
Suzanne78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 01:00 PM   #102
Mr. Dent
 
Mr. Dent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 8,334
Default Re: OFFICIAL Guardians of Galaxy Casting Thread - Part 3

Maybe Close is Queen Adora? The queen of Xandar. She has full control over the Corps. Adora is much younger in the comics but maybe they think it's more realistic to make her older.

__________________
Marvel/DC:
2014 - Captain America: The Winter Soldier | The Amazing Spider-Man 2 | X-Men: Days of Future Past | Guardians of the Galaxy
2015 - Avengers: Age of Ultron | The Fantastic Four | Ant-Man
2016 - Captain America 3 | Batman vs. Superman | X-Men: Apocalypse | The Amazing Spider-Man 3 | Doctor Strange
TV - Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. | Agent Carter | Daredevil | Luke Cage | Iron Fist | Jessica Jones | The Defenders
TV - Arrow | The Flash | Gotham | Constantine | iZOMBIE
Mr. Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 08:38 PM   #103
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson
 
cherokeesam's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cherokee, NC
Posts: 10,872
Default Re: OFFICIAL Guardians of Galaxy Casting Thread - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
Maybe Close is Queen Adora? The queen of Xandar. She has full control over the Corps. Adora is much younger in the comics but maybe they think it's more realistic to make her older.
Nah, Adora would be just another typical Amazon princess superheroine type, and we've already got one named Gamora. It's far more interesting and unique to introduce a leader character who is a disembodied semi-spiritual AI calling the shots for the Corps.

__________________
THE COTTON AVENGERS

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 08:58 PM   #104
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!
 
ThePowerCosmic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: HYDRA
Posts: 17,494
Default Re: OFFICIAL Guardians of Galaxy Casting Thread - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
Oh my god I love Glenn close! I'm so excited marvel can get someone of her caliber! Do you reckon when she gets a job she yells "this has just been Closed" and then storms out, breaks something and makes out with a hot guy?

By the way, am I the only one who pictured this when I heard the news?

I imagined something like that as well. Centurion Nova Prime role.

__________________
2015: Avengers: Age of Ultron, Star Wars: Episode VII, Ant-Man, Daredevil, Fantastic Four

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
ThePowerCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 09:18 PM   #105
Norrin Parker
Majestor of the Shi'ar
 
Norrin Parker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,029
Default Re: OFFICIAL Guardians of Galaxy Casting Thread - Part 3

I think someone mentioned this earlier but I feel pretty confident Close will be playing someone like this.

Norrin Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 10:35 PM   #106
jse
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 44
Default Re: OFFICIAL Guardians of Galaxy Casting Thread - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
That would be my guess.

They could even throw in the whole origin backstory there, of Ko Rel, the female Kree captain who was part of the Nova Corps and got backstabbed by a certain green-skinned Amazon who shall remain nameless (*koff*gamora*koff*), and her spirit then was absorbed into Worldmind. That whole story arc was the doings of DnA, too, so there's definitely a GOTG connection there. (And if it's from the same story arc, does that mean we can look for The Phalanx as the cannon-fodder baddies in this movie?)

All of this flood of info is starting to make sense now. As Worldmind, Glenn Close would be more or less the "police chief" of the Nova Corps. And the spec that Lee Pace is actually playing Richard Rider begins to make a lot more sense, too ---- they said he's being groomed for a spinoff movie, and he's a "bad guy" who becomes a good guy. If you don't take "bad guy" so literally, and just assume that the rumors mean he's an antagonist to Quill and the Guardians, it looks more and more like cops 'n' robbers in outer space, with the "robbers" (GOTG) being the sympathetic characters, and the Nova Corps playing ruthless and determined cops.
I was hoping maybe Lee Pace would be playing Adam Warlock, but your scenario would be equally awesome.

Although, I still hope Warlock pops up at some point, because i'd rather he be involved in an Infinity Guantlet storyline, when or if they decide to do one.

If Thanos w/ IG isn't in TA2, i hope all of Marvel's Phase 3 franchises (the Avengers, GotG, Dr. Strange) culminate in an uber-crossover Infinity Gauntlet saga. Whether that is what TA3 will be or is a separate movie, i don't care either way as long as they do one :P. Additionally, I think an IG storyline is epic enough that if they decide to do it as a 2-parter coming out in consecutive years, i wouldn't mind. I think the individual actors that have multi-film options on their contracts wouldn't mind this either, as they would effectively be killing two birds with one stone--fulfilling 2 films on their contracts with just one stretch of filming.

jse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 12:45 PM   #107
misjuevos
I am Groot
 
misjuevos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Knowhere
Posts: 3,992
Default Re: OFFICIAL Guardians of Galaxy Casting Thread - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicCap View Post
I think someone mentioned this earlier but I feel pretty confident Close will be playing someone like this.
I posted the same pic one page ago. When I read "head of nova corps" I pictured that alien too.

__________________
"fear should not exist in your mind, if you fear you will never accomplish anything"
misjuevos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 01:32 PM   #108
Destructus86
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 4,066
Default Re: OFFICIAL Guardians of Galaxy Casting Thread - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicCap View Post
I think someone mentioned this earlier but I feel pretty confident Close will be playing someone like this.

Love the fro'

__________________
You are not as important as you think you are.
Destructus86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 02:39 PM   #109
Norrin Parker
Majestor of the Shi'ar
 
Norrin Parker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,029
Default Re: OFFICIAL Guardians of Galaxy Casting Thread - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by misjuevos View Post
I posted the same pic one page ago. When I read "head of nova corps" I pictured that alien too.
Yeah I knew someone posted that. I think its more likely she'll play that character than Worldmind

Norrin Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 02:49 PM   #110
RockSP
MYTH SMITH ∞!!!
 
RockSP's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 10,180
Default Re: OFFICIAL Guardians of Galaxy Casting Thread - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
All of this flood of info is starting to make sense now. As Worldmind, Glenn Close would be more or less the "police chief" of the Nova Corps. And the spec that Lee Pace is actually playing Richard Rider begins to make a lot more sense, too ---- they said he's being groomed for a spinoff movie, and he's a "bad guy" who becomes a good guy. If you don't take "bad guy" so literally, and just assume that the rumors mean he's an antagonist to Quill and the Guardians, it looks more and more like cops 'n' robbers in outer space, with the "robbers" (GOTG) being the sympathetic characters, and the Nova Corps playing ruthless and determined cops.
Funny if the Green Lantern "rip-off" gets it right, unlike the GL movie itself.

__________________
It's not Marvel and DC's place to create our stories. We create our stories. --Dwayne McDuffie

https://www.facebook.com/pages/MYTH-...31161003585134
RockSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 03:42 PM   #111
jaqua99
....I need a horse!
 
jaqua99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: dont you worry about that
Posts: 5,913
Default Re: OFFICIAL Guardians of Galaxy Casting Thread - Part 3

I still Pace will be Warlock/Magus

__________________
hi
jaqua99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 04:17 PM   #112
Silvermoth
Avenger
 
Silvermoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 5,890
Default Re: OFFICIAL Guardians of Galaxy Casting Thread - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockSP View Post
Funny if the Green Lantern "rip-off" gets it right, unlike the GL movie itself.
I thought of that too especially after all those people complaining that Quicksilver got a movie before the Flash did

__________________
I support giving an Asian actor the chance to play the Immortal Iron Fist!
Silvermoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 01:03 PM   #113
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang
 
KangConquers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 6,598
Default Re: OFFICIAL Guardians of Galaxy Casting Thread - Part 3

I would like to point out that Glen Close is A-list, Six-Time Academy award nominated actress. Anyone who said "Marvel wasn't necessarily going to use A-list talent" or "having prestige actors doesn't matter to Marvel" can start apologizing to me...now.

__________________
Dream MCU phase 3:

2015: Ant-Man
2016: Thor: Ragnarok, Doctor Strange
2017: Captain America: Secret Empire, Black Panther
2018: The Incredible Hulk: Rise of the Leader, Guardians of the Galaxy: War of Kings
2019: The Inhumans, Avengers: Thanos Imperative
KangConquers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 01:17 PM   #114
DigificWriter
Side-Kick
 
DigificWriter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 2,794
Default Re: OFFICIAL Guardians of Galaxy Casting Thread - Part 3

Something to take into consideration re: Close; her role is apparently going to be the cosmic equivalent to SLJ's Nick Fury. Is there a comic character who fits that description?

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
"harm" is not the same thing as "stuff we don't like."
Quote:
"Despair is for people who know beyond any doubt what the future is going to be. Nobody's in that position. So despair is not only a kind of sin - theologically - it's also a simple mistake, because nobody actually knows." - Dr. Patrick Curry
DigificWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 01:33 PM   #115
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com
 
mkilban2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Cleveland/Kent, Ohio
Posts: 2,961
Default Re: OFFICIAL Guardians of Galaxy Casting Thread - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by KangConquers View Post
I would like to point out that Glen Close is A-list, Six-Time Academy award nominated actress. Anyone who said "Marvel wasn't necessarily going to use A-list talent" or "having prestige actors doesn't matter to Marvel" can start apologizing to me...now.
yeah but no one, I repeat, no one is going to see GotG because Glenn Close is in it...

__________________
"1983: I was 14 years old and I still have a nanny.. that was weird!"

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
( http://www.family1stclothingco.com/ )
mkilban2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 01:38 PM   #116
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra
 
Dark Raven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Tall and tan and young and lovely
Posts: 16,887
Default Re: OFFICIAL Guardians of Galaxy Casting Thread - Part 3

Glenn Close better not boil Rocket Raccoon in a saucepan.

__________________
Quote:
Anne Hathaway: "You did not just ask me that!! What a forward young man you are!!! My goodness!!"

Nominate your favourite Movie theme of all time for the upcoming tournament: http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=469413
Dark Raven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 01:55 PM   #117
DigificWriter
Side-Kick
 
DigificWriter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 2,794
Default Re: OFFICIAL Guardians of Galaxy Casting Thread - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkilban2 View Post
yeah but no one, I repeat, no one is going to see GotG because Glenn Close is in it...
I would, and I'm part of the film's 'niche audience' (comic book/Sci-Fi fans); I guarantee that Close's involvement will be a factor in getting some members of the general audience to go see the movie.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
"harm" is not the same thing as "stuff we don't like."
Quote:
"Despair is for people who know beyond any doubt what the future is going to be. Nobody's in that position. So despair is not only a kind of sin - theologically - it's also a simple mistake, because nobody actually knows." - Dr. Patrick Curry
DigificWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 02:08 PM   #118
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com
 
mkilban2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Cleveland/Kent, Ohio
Posts: 2,961
Default Re: OFFICIAL Guardians of Galaxy Casting Thread - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigificWriter View Post
I would, and I'm part of the film's 'niche audience' (comic book/Sci-Fi fans); I guarantee that Close's involvement will be a factor in getting some members of the general audience to go see the movie.
Yeah I get people will say hey, Glenn Close is in this movie, that's neat. But I don't think that would make anyone want to go see the movie solely on her being in it herself. The casting doesn't raise or lower my anticipation for the film (it's already pretty high haha), I mean she is Cruela De'ville and Kala from Tarzan so she's awesome in that regard. Glad to see Marvel getting such a wide range of stars both old and new and even some out of left field for their movies, in which all parts generally end up working.

I wanna see Cillian Murphey in the MCU.. someone important read this and make it happen!!

__________________
"1983: I was 14 years old and I still have a nanny.. that was weird!"

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
( http://www.family1stclothingco.com/ )

Last edited by mkilban2; 06-01-2013 at 02:12 PM.
mkilban2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 02:39 PM   #119
Steve Holt
STEVE HOLT!
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: The Land of Oz, Australia
Posts: 848
Default Re: OFFICIAL Guardians of Galaxy Casting Thread - Part 3

Cillian Murphy as Moon Knight

__________________
Cillian Murphy/Moon KnightMatt Bomer/Nova
Michael C. Hall/DaredevilJeffery Donovan/Bullseye
Alexander Skarsgard/Sentry
Charlie Hunnam/Iron Fist
Hugh Dancy/Mr. FantasticClive Owen/Dr. Strange
Simon Baker/Hank PymJon Hamm/Frank Castle



Steve Holt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 03:30 PM   #120
Eddie Dean
I Am Not Nice
 
Eddie Dean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Pangaea
Posts: 6,207
Default Re: OFFICIAL Guardians of Galaxy Casting Thread - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
Glenn Close better not boil Rocket Raccoon in a saucepan.
Ha ha! When of your best posts in a while.

__________________
Jesse Eisenberg Forever
Eddie Dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 03:58 PM   #121
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings
 
JB-the-Hunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 3,666
Default Re: OFFICIAL Guardians of Galaxy Casting Thread - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by KangConquers View Post
I would like to point out that Glen Close is A-list, Six-Time Academy award nominated actress. Anyone who said "Marvel wasn't necessarily going to use A-list talent" or "having prestige actors doesn't matter to Marvel" can start apologizing to me...now.
Really Kang? Your memory must be foggy because nobody ever said they weren't going to hire A-list talent or that hiring prestige actors doesn't matter. What I said is that it's not the FOCUS, and it will never be the focus as long as Feige's in charge. The casting of Glenn Close didn't change anything and I stand by what I said. James Gunn himself has echoed this sentiment. If he couldn't find someone with a big name to fill whatever role Glenn Close has then he would have hired the next best person for the role, whether they be a big name or not.

As a matter of fact, I consider both Zoe Saldana and John C. Reilly to be big name actors, so if I've somehow been disproved then I was disproved a looong time ago when they hired Saldana. I'm very to happy to have all these actors on board because I know they'll bring all of my favorite cosmic characters to life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkilban2 View Post
yeah but no one, I repeat, no one is going to see GotG because Glenn Close is in it...
Nobody's going to see GotG for any of the actors in the movie so far, except maybe the recent casting if Gillan who will bring in a lot of "Whovians" with her. People will see this movie because it's a Marvel movie.

__________________
Natasha Romanoff - "Are you boys really that naive? S.H.I.E.L.D. monitors potential threats."

Bruce Banner - "Captain America is on threat watch?"

Natasha Romanoff - "We all are."

Last edited by JB-the-Hunter; 06-01-2013 at 04:20 PM.
JB-the-Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 04:11 PM   #122
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com
 
mkilban2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Cleveland/Kent, Ohio
Posts: 2,961
Default Re: OFFICIAL Guardians of Galaxy Casting Thread - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Holt View Post
Cillian Murphy as Moon Knight
would he be a good Moon Knight? I don't know much about many comic characters haha. also, awesome username, I just watched the entire series these last 2 weeks.

__________________
"1983: I was 14 years old and I still have a nanny.. that was weird!"

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
( http://www.family1stclothingco.com/ )
mkilban2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 04:13 PM   #123
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com
 
mkilban2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Cleveland/Kent, Ohio
Posts: 2,961
Default Re: OFFICIAL Guardians of Galaxy Casting Thread - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB-the-Hunter View Post

Nobody's going to see GotG for any of the actors in the movie so far, except maybe the recent casting if Gillan who will bring in a lot of "Whovians" with her. People will see this movie because it's a Marvel movie.

I'm actually most excited to see Chris Pratt, No matter who was cast in that role I'd still be pumped to see it, but him getting cast made me much more excited.

__________________
"1983: I was 14 years old and I still have a nanny.. that was weird!"

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
( http://www.family1stclothingco.com/ )
mkilban2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 04:20 PM   #124
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings
 
JB-the-Hunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 3,666
Default Re: OFFICIAL Guardians of Galaxy Casting Thread - Part 3

Chris Pratt as Star-Lord is an inspired choice, I feel.

__________________
Natasha Romanoff - "Are you boys really that naive? S.H.I.E.L.D. monitors potential threats."

Bruce Banner - "Captain America is on threat watch?"

Natasha Romanoff - "We all are."
JB-the-Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 04:20 PM   #125
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra
 
Dark Raven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Tall and tan and young and lovely
Posts: 16,887
Default Re: OFFICIAL Guardians of Galaxy Casting Thread - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkilban2 View Post
would he be a good Moon Knight? I don't know much about many comic characters haha. also, awesome username, I just watched the entire series these last 2 weeks.
I don't think he would. Cillian Murphy is like a more effeminate version of Tom Welling. Moon Knight is a tougher character.

__________________
Quote:
Anne Hathaway: "You did not just ask me that!! What a forward young man you are!!! My goodness!!"

Nominate your favourite Movie theme of all time for the upcoming tournament: http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=469413
Dark Raven is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:35 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.