The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Old 05-28-2013, 11:32 PM   #76
sf2
Side-Kick

Default Re: It's a Bird, It's a Plane, It's the Superman Costume Thread! - Part 3

i gotta say the \S/ design looks really great and 'manly'. i thought i liked SR \S/ better but MOS has won me over.

The superman returns comics strips were created during the production of the movie in 2005 we were longing a superman movie too long and we were basically going crazy of every bit of the leaked news and rumours. let's the fun returns!
sf2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 05:09 AM   #77
Man of Steel
Superman

Default Re: It's a Bird, It's a Plane, It's the Superman Costume Thread! - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sf2 View Post
i gotta say the \S/ design looks really great and 'manly'. i thought i liked SR \S/ better but MOS has won me over.
Personally, I think the shield is the worst part of the MOS suit.

Brandon Routh for Superman!

I believe in Henry Cavill as Superman!

DC-B Universe-My Personal Take on the DCU!
Man of Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 08:43 AM   #78
superman2090
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man of Steel View Post
Really? It's the least changed aspect. I don't know if you read comics or not, but the shield changes slightly with every artist and sometimes looks a little different from panel to panel. That same shield (at least one very similar with the dragon or serpent head at the top right of the form) has been used before in comics.

I showed it to my 2 yr old and he recognized it right away so it's not a complete departure.

Anyway, I'm not jumping on your case (tone is hard to read on these boards). I'm just surprised that anyone would have an issue with it. Whatevs though.

superman2090 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 09:31 AM   #79
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

The \S/ is very well designed, not too top/bottom heavy, your eyes are usually drawn to the centre or along the contours, looks alien and not like a printed S, whilst still recognisable as Superman. It's objectively well designed. It's just not my \S/, at least, not yet.

Llama_Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 10:47 AM   #80
The Shield
It's really Happening!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabadoo View Post
A Thing of Beauty. Best Suit Ever.

All change is not growth, as all movement is not forward. ~Ellen Glasgow

The Shield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 10:56 AM   #81
The Shield
It's really Happening!

meh. Repeat.

All change is not growth, as all movement is not forward. ~Ellen Glasgow

Last edited by The Shield; 05-29-2013 at 02:24 PM.
The Shield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 10:58 AM   #82
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

Rich colors. Too bad they are stripped off most of that richness in the actual film. Perhaps in the sequel we will have a more vibrant palette and as a result, the suit looking actually like above.

The Centurions Live Action Film!
Tacit Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 02:15 PM   #83
LaserBees
Likes Man of Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelsior. View Post
Rich colors. Too bad they are stripped off most of that richness in the actual film. Perhaps in the sequel we will have a more vibrant palette and as a result, the suit looking actually like above.
I've noticed that it's the promo images that have been severely darkened, but the actual trailers have great colors.

LaserBees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 03:57 PM   #84
Nicko-Ray
"HARRY'S DEAD!"

^ Oh I'm sure the suit will look great on film. I know what you mean about how in the trailers they kind of lose its "life" but I'm gonna way to see the film first. I really love this suit.

Nicko-Ray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 04:37 PM   #85
Senator Pleasury
Banned User

I like the new shield design although I personally would have gone alien-design all the way.

Senator Pleasury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 04:42 PM   #86
StarLord
Legendary Outlaw...

The more I see the suit, the more I believe that it is the best superhero costume that has been on the big screen.

Beautiful.

StarLord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 06:12 PM   #87
fanboiii
disciple of truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRkVeNgeanCe View Post
I can't say enough that the MOS suit is my favorite comic book film costume of all time.
Same here. Iron Man's suit is cool but less impressive because its easier to pull off.

MOS improved the comic book costume and made skin tights look awesome.

Old 05-29-2013, 08:23 PM   #88
sf2
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man of Steel View Post
u r not joking, aint u?

go and pick a MOS \S/ t-shirt and wear it. u will see the different.

The superman returns comics strips were created during the production of the movie in 2005 we were longing a superman movie too long and we were basically going crazy of every bit of the leaked news and rumours. let's the fun returns!
sf2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 11:18 PM   #89
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

Easily my favourite Superman suit. The trunkless look is by far my favourite, and believe it or not makes me like the character more. I'm a fan of the new 52 design, minus the belt. I like the Injustice design as well, but again, minus the belt. The MOS suit handles that section the best. Snyder said they wanted to make Superman cool, and they have done that with the suit. It's not that much of a drastic departure, but for me it's been elevated.

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - The Lifeboat - Get Happy
AnneFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 11:30 PM   #90
Nicko-Ray
"HARRY'S DEAD!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneFan View Post
Easily my favourite Superman suit. The trunkless look is by far my favourite, and believe it or not makes me like the character more. I'm a fan of the new 52 design, minus the belt. I like the Injustice design as well, but again, minus the belt. The MOS suit handles that section the best. Snyder said they wanted to make Superman cool, and they have done that with the suit. It's not that much of a drastic departure, but for me it's been elevated.
I like the new 52 suit as well. I think we may be the only ones haha.

Nicko-Ray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 02:10 PM   #91
Smallville13
Side-Kick

I officially give up on trying to figure out what color they settled with in post for the suit. It just seems to change with every scene.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg color1.jpg (23.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg color2.jpg (31.2 KB, 0 views)

Smallville13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 05:37 PM   #92
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville13 View Post
I officially give up on trying to figure out what color they settled with in post for the suit. It just seems to change with every scene.
doesn't look too much different to me...just lighting maybe

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Kal-El.9859 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 09:58 PM   #93
Manosman
Austinite

Sometimes it looks shinny, sometimes not. Sometimes it looks bright, sometimes it looks dark. Either the suit changes depending on the light, or they are altering the filter for different public releases. IDK

Old 05-30-2013, 10:27 PM   #94
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick

Quick comparison.

Bruce Malone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 02:24 AM   #95
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

The darker blue is definitely cooler than the baby blue SR suit.

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - The Lifeboat - Get Happy
AnneFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 04:11 AM   #96
Kirmit
Big Green Machine.

I've never had a problem with the SR suit, apart from how small the shield is but comparing to the MOS suit, yikes, it just looks plain bad.

Old 05-31-2013, 04:28 AM   #97
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

I was never an fan of SR's cape as well. The only thing that I liked about it was the interior since it was comprised of some cloth-like looking material but the red leather used on the outside was a big no for me.

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 05:10 AM   #98
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Are we allowed to discuss the briefs?

Old 05-31-2013, 05:10 AM   #99
Octoberist
point blank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirmit View Post
I've never had a problem with the SR suit, apart from how small the shield is but comparing to the MOS suit, yikes, it just looks plain bad.
Yeah..it looks cheap compared to the MoS suit.

Old 05-31-2013, 05:16 AM   #100
Anita18
DANCE FOR ME, FUNNY MAN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneFan View Post
The darker blue is definitely cooler than the baby blue SR suit.
The combination of light bright blue with dull red always made me when I looked at it. Completely befuddling design choice.