The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Sports

Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2013, 11:29 AM   #451
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two-Face View Post
Gunners 1-0 up now Koscielny 52'
All in their hands now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthphere View Post
What are the scenarios for a playoff between Chelsea and Arsenal again?
If Arsenal win or get the same points today as Spurs they go through. Spurs need to win & they go through if they win and Arsenal only draw.

Old 05-19-2013, 11:32 AM   #452
Two-Face
Harvey Dent

Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
5-2 Utd!
updated yep.

Scholes just came on for final time.

Happy 75th Anniversary Batman

Old 05-19-2013, 11:34 AM   #453
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

Quote:
1 Schmeichel
2 G Neville
15 Vidic
6 Pallister
3 Irwin
7 Beckham
16 Keane
18 Scholes
11 Giggs
7 Cantona
20 RVP

Subs
1VDS
5 Rio
3 Evra
16 Carrick
10 RVN
7 Ronaldo
8 Rooney
6 Stam
9 Cole

My all time SAF United team. I been watching United from 95 so yeah go easy on me.
I just put together my all time SAF Utd squad..the 23, will post later. Carrick didn't make it in with Keane, Scholes, Ince & Robson as central midfielders. RVP lost out to Ruud VN just because he's only just got here and not contributed as much yet. And in defence Rio & Stam had a good go at Pallister & Vidic. Also Ronaldo probably got in ahead of Becks although they'd both get on through substitutions at some point in the match. Otherwise it's pretty much the same as your list.

Old 05-19-2013, 11:39 AM   #454
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthphere View Post
At this point, neither deserve to go to Europe. I think UEFA is going to look at cutting loose that 4th UCL spot for the Premier League.
We might lost it one day like Serie A did if another country start making a move. 4th place should always be looked upon as a bonus for the league's good performance, not a permanent thing. Don't have much sympathy for Spurs who always aim for 4th place at the expense of UEFA & domestic Cups as 4th place shouldn't & isn't an automatic right for entry into CL. You're relying on the likes of Utd & Chelsea getting the PL enough ranking points to get you there.

And UEFA can't restrict the PL unless they restrict the other 2 top ranking leagues as well (which they might do I guess).

Old 05-19-2013, 11:50 AM   #455
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

Spurs scored!!

Utd 5-5!!! WTF!!

Old 05-19-2013, 11:50 AM   #456
Two-Face
Harvey Dent

West Brom 5-5Man Utd

Kawaga 6'
Olsson 9' (OG)
Butter 29'
Van Persie 53'
Javier Hernandez 65'

Morrison 40'
Lukaku 50' 81' 86'
Mulumbu 81'

Spurs 1-0 up Bale 90'

ouch!

Old 05-19-2013, 11:51 AM   #457
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

And there was a late penalty chance for Newcastle. If that had happened it would have gone crazy at both grounds.

Old 05-19-2013, 11:51 AM   #458
Two-Face
Harvey Dent

Man City 2-3 Norwich FT

Old 05-19-2013, 11:54 AM   #459
bapi
Side-Kick

Absolute disgrace what's happening right now! Džeko and Kolarov should just **** off! And what was Yaya doing this season?! Two good matches in 50 attemps?! This season is shocking and I'm really tired... Also City didn't use any of their talented youngsters like Suarez, Lopes, Pozo or Guidetti today! They just lost months of their development to play some stupid EDS matches!

And congrats to Arsenal.

Heath Ledger, 1979-2008
Old 05-19-2013, 11:55 AM   #460
Two-Face
Harvey Dent

FULL-TIME - Wigan 2-2 Aston Villa
FULL-TIME - Liverpool 1-0 QPR
FULL-TIME - Chelsea 2-1 Everton
FULL-TIME Newcastle 0-1 Arsenal
FULL-TIME Tottenham 1-0 Sunderland
FULL-TIME - Swansea 0-3 Fulham

Last edited by Two-Face; 05-19-2013 at 12:00 PM.
Old 05-19-2013, 11:57 AM   #461
Two-Face
Harvey Dent

West Brom 5-5 Man Utd FT

wow!

Old 05-19-2013, 12:02 PM   #462
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

Crazy day! Congrats to Arsenal & what a game for Fergie to go out on haha. 1500th match as was posted above.

Old 05-19-2013, 12:04 PM   #463
Two-Face
Harvey Dent

football focus talking about Bale leaving Spurs now that Arsenal got the CL spot. haha.

Oh and congrats VP & Arsenal.

Old 05-19-2013, 12:07 PM   #464
kit1982
Side-Kick

Well I said all along Arsenal would get 4th so after getting so many wrong this season, I got one right! Good on them for putting together a run when they had to.

Not too rain on VP and Chambers parade, but it isn't half sad to see Arsenal's players going ape**** at scrambling 4th place on the last day of the season. Feels like yet again Arsene's just lowered the clubs expectations for his own benefit, no trophies, into the Champions League qualifiers finishing a place lower than they did last season and there are some fans saying it's been a great season.

On another note Yeovil in the championship, unreal job by Gary Johnson!

Old 05-19-2013, 12:11 PM   #465
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kit1982 View Post
Well I said all along Arsenal would get 4th so after getting so many wrong this season, I got one right! Good on them for putting together a run when they had to.

Not too rain on VP and Chambers parade, but it isn't half sad to see Arsenal's players going ape**** at scrambling 4th place on the last day of the season. Feels like yet again Arsene's just lowered the clubs expectations for his own benefit, no trophies, into the Champions League qualifiers finishing a place lower than they did last season and there are some fans saying it's been a great season.

On another note Yeovil in the championship, unreal job by Gary Johnson!
I felt the same way. I was thinking, if they celebrate this hard for barely getting 4th, imagine if they actually win something. I think we would witness spontaneous combustion.

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Old 05-19-2013, 12:57 PM   #466
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

City & Chelsea with their open cheque book have changed the balance of the PL now. Finishing above 4th now would be an achievement itself. And the likes of Spurs are good competition for that 4th spot. And what happens when Liverpool are back in the mix?!

Even when your targets are set lower than normal people always celebrate coming through a drama like that. If Newcastle were in serious relegation trouble today as looked like it might be the case, I'd be celebrating if we managed to stay up with the last kick of the game similarly to the Arsenal players. And the Chelsea players seemed to enjoy their UEFA Cup success.

Old 05-19-2013, 01:01 PM   #467
Two-Face
Harvey Dent

Congrats on staying in the Premier League Iceman.

I always thought Newcastle would have finished top 10 least though.

Old 05-19-2013, 01:06 PM   #468
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

Quote:
Congrats on staying in the Premier League Iceman.

I always thought Newcastle would have finished top 10 least though.
Thanks. We secured it before today thankfuly (for my nerves!) and yeah, given our support we should be aiming for at least Europa League football (which I'd be happy to play in every year).

Old 05-19-2013, 01:58 PM   #469
B
[insert witty comment]

Found this cool picture someone threw together on Twitter for Paul Scholes:

Shows you just how good Paul Scholes really was when you've got so many wonderful former & current footballers talking about you so highly.

Paul Scholes probably should have retired when he was 34/35 just after he'd entered that deep lying playmaker type role, it was sad to see him play against certain players at every level in his final 4 years & get overrun in some games by players that aren't even in his league in terms of talent.

It's the same with Giggs, he gets marked out of games by guys in his later years that you know if he just had even half the amount of pace/acceleration he used to have he would have ripped to shreads.

Sad to see Scholesy go for good almost as much as I am sad to see Fergie go, I hope he's given a coaching job at United.

Old 05-19-2013, 02:05 PM   #470
B
[insert witty comment]

Tottenham I feel are either gonna have to lay it all on the line & try to bring in a few top quality players in order to convince Gareth Bale to stay I feel.

Real Madrid & Zidane have been threatening to make an offer for him & I would surmise PSG, possibly Barcelona, City, Chelsea, United & basically a who's who of football clubs will be watching the space to see if he shows any sign of unrest after Spurs missed out on CL football.

I'm glad Arsenal made in in though, I feel Arsenal need to get themselves a striker who can score them 25+ goals a season & a central defender to help tighten their defence. Hummels & Cavani would be realistic targets if Arsenal do actually plan on spending around 70m as reported.

Old 05-19-2013, 02:37 PM   #471
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Congrats to VP and Arsenal. It looked like it was going to be a flat finish to the season when both games went in 0-0 at half time, but the second half produced the required performance from both teams. I think the fact both teams did what they had to was better than one failing and thus throwing their chance away.

As far as Bale goes, he did it again today, wrongly booked for a dive when it was a clear penalty, and responded the right way with another cracking goal. Spurs need to hold on to him if they really want to compete but I'd rather he came to United.

As for SAF's last game being a 5-5 draw? Well it's another record I guess.

Also congrats to Jamie Carragher on a great career.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 05-19-2013, 02:40 PM   #472
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by B View Post
Found this cool picture someone threw together on Twitter for Paul Scholes:

Shows you just how good Paul Scholes really was when you've got so many wonderful former & current footballers talking about you so highly.

Paul Scholes probably should have retired when he was 34/35 just after he'd entered that deep lying playmaker type role, it was sad to see him play against certain players at every level in his final 4 years & get overrun in some games by players that aren't even in his league in terms of talent.

It's the same with Giggs, he gets marked out of games by guys in his later years that you know if he just had even half the amount of pace/acceleration he used to have he would have ripped to shreads.

Sad to see Scholesy go for good almost as much as I am sad to see Fergie go, I hope he's given a coaching job at United.
Agreed on everything you said about Scholes, we badly need to find someone who has at least some of his attributes to get our midfield back on track.

As for Giggs, when he plays on the left his awareness and ability to pick someone out as opposed to just hitting a cross, is still useful when he's used sparingly.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 05-19-2013, 03:15 PM   #473
Van Petrol
No Strings On Me

Sorry I'm so late to the thread guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
I thought you were more a 4-3-3 when RVP was there?
We've been using the 4-2-3-1 formation since around the 2010 season.

Quote:
I think once the transfer request was confirmed a lot of United fans were fine with selling him but not to a PL rival.
Yeah, I understand that, we've experienced that type of scenario many a time.

Quote:
Are Barca still interested or have they switched to Hummels?
Hummels is the first choice, I believe, with Vermaelen one of the alternative options.

Quote:
Good luck tomorrow mate.

[url=http://postimage.org/][/url
Thanks man. Though you could have chosen a graphic that didn't have the only Arsenal player that reall gets on my wick.

Old 05-19-2013, 03:21 PM   #474
Van Petrol
No Strings On Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by bapi View Post
And congrats to Arsenal.
Thanks bapi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Crazy day! Congrats to Arsenal & what a game for Fergie to go out on haha. 1500th match as was posted above.
Thanks Ice.

Quote:
football focus talking about Bale leaving Spurs now that Arsenal got the CL spot. haha.

Oh and congrats VP & Arsenal.
Thanks Face.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kit1982 View Post

Believe me, while I'm happy we've gotten the chance to get back into the CL next season, it's been one of the worst seasons in recent memory, and this consolation prize doesn't cut it at all for me in regarding this season as a success. I seriously hope now we will aspire to go forward and improve with will and determination, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
Congrats to VP and Arsenal. It looked like it was going to be a flat finish to the season when both games went in 0-0 at half time, but the second half produced the required performance from both teams. I think the fact both teams did what they had to was better than one failing and thus throwing their chance away.
Thanks man. It was really tense at the end, I had the feeling in my waters that we were going to flop it.

Old 05-19-2013, 03:22 PM   #475
Van Petrol
No Strings On Me

Oh and Bale's goal was yet another cracker. Still upsets me we didn't go for him, especially with him being a Gooner.

And congrats to Carragher on a great career, and best of luck for the future Carra!

Closed Thread