The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Sports

Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2013, 08:36 AM   #26
spidey-dude
Y.N.W.A

Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by B View Post
Disagree there, you think about the situation Everton were in when he took them over & the limited funds he has had in charge of Everton over the course of his stint at the club & how consistent he has managed to keep them.

Now, does he have what it takes to manage a club that is far more capable of actually winning titles & cups with their financial backing.. who knows, but he does seem to be quite similar to Ferguson in alot of ways.
I think he has done okay at Everton, but never great, they've never played nice football and the one time they got Champions League football they didn't even get into the competition.... I think he's always flattered to deceive

I don't think personally he does have it in him.... and I hope I'm right, only time will tell I guess

From a more neutral point of view (cause bviously I dislike United) the prospect of them no longer dominating (they might still after all) is exciting too

▬▬~ஜ۩۞۩ஜ~▬▬
★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Old 05-08-2013, 08:41 AM   #27
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread

Confirmed now? (Moyes - previous page)

Old 05-08-2013, 08:44 AM   #28
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidey-dude View Post
I think he has done okay at Everton, but never great, they've never played nice football and the one time they got Champions League football they didn't even get into the competition.... I think he's always flattered to deceive

I don't think personally he does have it in him.... and I hope I'm right, only time will tell I guess

From a more neutral point of view (cause bviously I dislike United) the prospect of them no longer dominating (they might still after all) is exciting too
I think it'll be good for the league. Even if Moyes does well, Utd will be less intimidating without Fergie. And the pressure will rise very quickly if he stumbles. I hope the likes of Arsenal, Liverpool & Spurs can challenge for the title in upcoming years along with Utd, City & Chelsea. I'd mention Newcastle too but that's not looking likely at the moment

Old 05-08-2013, 08:47 AM   #29
Dr Lee
Feet first into hell

Still the typical media ********.... Nothing's confirmed bar SAF leaving...

Old 05-08-2013, 09:01 AM   #30
spidey-dude
Y.N.W.A

no nothing confirmed 100% but Im more inclined to believe it when it's reported on the Times that he looks set to be appointed within the next 48 hours

▬▬~ஜ۩۞۩ஜ~▬▬
★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Old 05-08-2013, 09:27 AM   #31
Poeman
Banned User

That wont be all that great of a move I think.

Limited options though, I wonder if Pep would have taken the Man U job had he known Sir Alex was leaving

Old 05-08-2013, 09:29 AM   #32
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Steve Kean for United.

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Old 05-08-2013, 09:46 AM   #33
Mako
Galactic Crusier

Just heard about Fergie, though I'm not a UTD supporter I'll miss seeing his craziness . Oh and Come on You Spurs!

Old 05-08-2013, 09:54 AM   #34
the_ultimate_evil
CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidey-dude View Post
Moyes to become United manager!!!!

may the hairs of your arse turn to drums sticks and beat the balls off you

And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
To view my site tumblr dev art twitter
Old 05-08-2013, 09:54 AM   #35
bapi
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poeman View Post
That wont be all that great of a move I think.

Limited options though, I wonder if Pep would have taken the Man U job had he known Sir Alex was leaving
I saw some reports Pep didn't want to live in Manchester. I can imagine Milan could be his next destination after Bayern.

Heath Ledger, 1979-2008
Old 05-08-2013, 10:49 AM   #36
Two-Face
Harvey Dent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Confirmed now? (Moyes - previous page)
I **** hope not. Surely even SAF will want someone carrying on keeping United on top level.

Happy 75th Anniversary Batman

Old 05-08-2013, 11:03 AM   #37
the_ultimate_evil
CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.

the more i think about the main reason i dont want moyes boils down to 3 facts

1. he's not a winner. he has not won anything with everton not a single piece of silver ware

2. he has little to no European pedigree at the high levels. as other have said even when they had the chance everton bottled it under him

3. he is not someone who can attract a big name, and yeah i believe the honor was in playing for united but the concept of playing under fergie is what drove a lot of big name signings

And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
To view my site tumblr dev art twitter
Old 05-08-2013, 11:15 AM   #38
spidey-dude
Y.N.W.A

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_ultimate_evil View Post
the more i think about the main reason i dont want moyes boils down to 3 facts

1. he's not a winner. he has not won anything with everton not a single piece of silver ware

2. he has little to no European pedigree at the high levels. as other have said even when they had the chance everton bottled it under him

3. he is not someone who can attract a big name, and yeah i believe the honor was in playing for united but the concept of playing under fergie is what drove a lot of big name signings
100% agree with you... he could come good.... but I personally don't think you will

as you said he isn't a winner... as well as he has done at Everton why has he never won the FA cup or carling cup in 10 years? and dont say he hasnt had squads capable of doing so

▬▬~ஜ۩۞۩ஜ~▬▬
★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Old 05-08-2013, 11:24 AM   #39
Two-Face
Harvey Dent

If you really want Moyes sack Rogers get him for Liverpool.

Old 05-08-2013, 12:01 PM   #40
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

I'll take him at Newcastle!

Don't know if he's the right man for Utd but time will tell.

Old 05-08-2013, 12:35 PM   #41
bapi
Side-Kick

So Chelsea wants Rooney now or what?

Btw City had another meeting with Malaga this week (Pellegrini, Camacho and Isco).

Heath Ledger, 1979-2008
Old 05-08-2013, 12:46 PM   #42
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Moyes has got all our enemies licking their chops. He's done nothing in 11 years, has no CL experience and has never managed big star players.

On the other hand we could have went for Mourinho who has won league titles in 4 different countries, has won the CL twice and has managed some of the biggest names in the game.

I feel ****ing sick at the though of Moyes and his ugly brand of football steering United forward.

We'll also be ****ed in the transfer market as we wont have a manager the top talents want to play for.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 05-08-2013, 12:51 PM   #43
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

Sir Alex Ferguson actually retired 6 years ago its only being announced today because of all the added time.

Fergie Time

Old 05-08-2013, 12:56 PM   #44
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

The best joke I heard today

First Thatcher dies, then Ferguson retires. Somewhere there is a scouser with a lamp and one wish left

Old 05-08-2013, 01:06 PM   #45
wobbly
Occasional Scribbler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
Moyes has got all our enemies licking their chops. He's done nothing in 11 years, has no CL experience and has never managed big star players.

On the other hand we could have went for Mourinho who has won league titles in 4 different countries, has won the CL twice and has managed some of the biggest names in the game.

I feel ****ing sick at the though of Moyes and his ugly brand of football steering United forward.

We'll also be ****ed in the transfer market as we wont have a manager the top talents want to play for.
Remember Ferguson didn't have that great a CV before taking over at UTD. In fact, Fegie didn't win anything at UTD for his first 3 years and reportedly was one game from the sack at one point (FA Cup 3rd round game against Forest iirc). They went on to win the cup that year and never looked back since.
Footballing History could have been very different but for that 1-0 win.

So with Moyes (if he does get the job), I'd give him time to see what he can do with a squad & money that should have them competing for trophies every season.

His spell at Everton? It's not that dissimilar to Ferguson being at Aberdeen before landing the UTD job. He's done ok with what he had there, but with UTD it's a whole level up. Ferguson was given time to figure out how to make it all work, but these days it's hard to say if any successor will be granted that.

Old 05-08-2013, 01:12 PM   #46
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
Remember Ferguson didn't have that great a CV before taking over at UTD. In fact, Fegie didn't win anything at UTD for his first 3 years and reportedly was one game from the sack at one point (FA Cup 3rd round game against Forest iirc). They went on to win the cup that year and never looked back since.
Footballing History could have been very different but for that 1-0 win.

So with Moyes (if he does get the job), I'd give him time to see what he can do with a squad & money that should have them competing for trophies every season.

His spell at Everton? It's not that dissimilar to Ferguson being at Aberdeen before landing the UTD job. He's done ok with what he had there, but with UTD it's a whole level up. Ferguson was given time to figure out how to make it all work, but these days it's hard to say if any successor will be granted that.
The thing is at Aberdeen Fergie won 3 league titles, 4 Scottish FA cups, 1 Scottish League cups and 1 European Cup Winners Cup. Moyes has had 11 years without winning a single pot, he's been in one final and never been in the champions league.

I'm also not sure what money we give him will matter as the market is competitive, we lost out on top talents like Hazard, Ozil, Sanchez and Lucas even when we had SAF, it's going to be 10 times harder to get quality with a guy I imagine most wont want to play for.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 05-08-2013, 01:28 PM   #47
Two-Face
Harvey Dent

Much as I like Steve Bruce & Gary Neville but do they really think this?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22453895

Please no, I don't want Moyes.

Old 05-08-2013, 01:30 PM   #48
wobbly
Occasional Scribbler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
The thing is at Aberdeen Fergie won 3 league titles, 4 Scottish FA cups, 1 Scottish League cups and 1 European Cup Winners Cup. Moyes has had 11 years without winning a single pot, he's been in one final and never been in the champions league.

I'm also not sure what money we give him will matter as the market is competitive, we lost out on top talents like Hazard, Ozil, Sanchez and Lucas even when we had SAF, it's going to be 10 times harder to get quality with a guy I imagine most wont want to play for.
Only one of them is worth a damn (outside of Scotland). A trophy in Scotland is like winning employee of the month at McDonald's.

Old 05-08-2013, 01:41 PM   #49
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
Only one of them is worth a damn (outside of Scotland). A trophy in Scotland is like winning employee of the month at McDonald's.
Lol. To win them in a league where two teams completeness dominated financially it was a big achievement though.

Old 05-08-2013, 01:49 PM   #50
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

Not surprised Liverpool fans are happy about it. As soon as Dalglish retired they lost that aura of invulnerability and have never recovered.