The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Sports

Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2013, 12:55 PM   #751
kit1982
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread

The problem with Suarez isn't the individual things he's done, there are players who dive, there are players who have had racial issues, there are players who have bitten and punched in the past.... but I struggle to think of one player in recent memory who has done all 4 in such a short period of time. If he'd done one or maybe 2 of the above I'd be in complete agreement with you Chelo, but it's too much too soon.

Personally I think the guys a genius, I've watched him live a couple of times and some of the things he does... the way he wriggles past defenders I have no idea how he does it. If he does leave this summer, I'll be gutted. Spidey was bang on the money for me, you don't want to see the best players leave the league.

Edit: Good point RE Becks Ice, at times I think people forget how bad he got it from not only the press, but fans and the English public in general for years. People wished death on his family for a couple of years afterwards FFS.

Last edited by kit1982; 05-31-2013 at 12:59 PM.
Old 05-31-2013, 01:03 PM   #752
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread

Suarez gets more attention as well because he plays for a big club in England and everyone agrees he is a good player. Its his behaviour that people have a problem with.

Every country has sections of the media that have a go at football players or managers. It can be pretty bad in the UK but it can be bad in other countries as well. The Spanish media have (rightly imo) had a go at Mourinho about his behaviour in Spain.

Despite what Suarez has done he still isn't the most disliked player in English football. John Terry is far more generally disliked than Suarez.

Old 05-31-2013, 01:04 PM   #753
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

The Spanish media went after Ronaldo this past season because he hadn't scored off a free kick in forever.

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Old 05-31-2013, 05:01 PM   #754
Van Petrol
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
That's a tall order, I've seen you linked with Mignolet and I think he'd be an excellent buy, hopefully Sagna stays. For the CB I'm a little unsure outside of names that are hard to get, of course as buys like Vidic and Vermaelan show you can get CB's of quality with less fuss than other positions. For the CM I've seen you linked with Gonolans but McCarthy wouldn't surprise me. I still think Villa is the best striker choice at this current time.
I respect that most of players that we are linked to can do a job, but none of them inspire me or excite me at all to the point where I just can't get excited each and every time the new season comes around. I'll never stop supporting my team to the full, but the passion I used to have for the sport has been slowly waning and deteriorating over the last few years. Especially with the major investment that keeps coming and coming, in turn taking all the fun out of things that they're used to be. It's just like watching a few teams play real life football manager amongst themselves.

Quote:
This just got me thinking, are Piannini still in business at all?
Lol, it's Panini, I think I think they're still around, the other one was Merlin.

Quote:
Wenger is just leading by example, showing the values of a healthy lifestyle, just like he shows his frugality by buying a club coat 3 sizes too big just in case he gets fat!
Haha, give Le Proff a beard along with the club coat and the theme chorus playing in the background and we'd have our very own iteration of Damien Sandow.

Quote:
Barca fans seem to want to keep him more than Cesc.
Yeah. It really does surprise me that they seem to be contemplating letting him go. I was certain he was a nailed on main fixture for their future.

Old 05-31-2013, 05:02 PM   #755
Van Petrol
Side-Kick

Falcao to Monaco confirmed.

Old 05-31-2013, 05:50 PM   #756
spidey-dude
Y.N.W.A

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelo248 View Post
Suarez made 2 mistakes since he is in Liverpool, the middle finger against Fulham fans and the bite against Ivanovic, all the rest is garbage some invented and fueled by the media.
I agree with you mate - Im a liverpool fan I jut thought that picture doing the rounds was funny, dont believe he is racist for a split second

▬▬~ஜ۩۞۩ஜ~▬▬
★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Old 06-01-2013, 12:43 PM   #757
B
[insert witty comment]

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidey-dude View Post
I agree with you mate - Im a liverpool fan I jut thought that picture doing the rounds was funny, dont believe he is racist for a split second
Being racist & saying something that is racist are 2 completely different things. For example, I don't believe for 1 second that John Terry is a racist, however I find the fact that he called Anton Ferdinand 'a black ****' completely racist.

In regards to Suarez & Evra, I feel it's more something that is lost in translation between the 2 people neither of whom speak English as a first language, yet tried to have an argument in English. My feelings would probably fall in the same way as the John Terry issue, I don't think he's racist, but what he did say could be considered racist given the circumstances.

I'm not even a Liverpool fan & I kinda hate Suarez even more because of how disloyal he is being given what Liverpool have done for him.

Old 06-01-2013, 03:17 PM   #758
BatmanBeyond
Future Dark Knight

http://www.goal.com/en/news/12/spain...s&ICID=HP_BN_1

Kudos to Arbeloa for speaking his mind and having a go at the primadonas in the Madrid squad (I'm looking at you, Casillas and Ramos).

Needless to say, he's going to be shipped off soon.

Cracked.com's Bat Battle: http://www.cracked.com/article_15029...ie-batman.html
Old 06-02-2013, 12:30 PM   #759
Grommers
Side-Kick

Perez also confirming that mou would be more than welcome back at madrid in the future, and the media are the main issue.

Makes sense, I honestly believe Casillas big issue with mourinho wasn't nearly as big, I've had fights with my coach, and it hasn't ever led me to feel I was superior etc, especially since Casillas has been benched before. (just not for a while.)

I honestly feel mou would still be in Madrid had the media been able to focus on the real problem in spain....the financial crisis and not on mourinho.

Old 06-02-2013, 03:52 PM   #760
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

England still 2-2 with Brazil?!

Old 06-02-2013, 03:54 PM   #761
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

US beat Germany 4-3!! Wow, need to see the highlights for that one!

Old 06-02-2013, 05:27 PM   #762
Poeman
Banned User

Clint Dempsey was world class today

Old 06-02-2013, 05:27 PM   #763
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

The US we pretty dominant until the last 20 minutes where they gave up goals #2 and 3. Its Germany's B squad but its a good win for the US going into WCQ on Friday as Germany's B squad is probably better than any team CONCACAF has to offer and yes, even Mexico.

As for England, great result for them, need to watch the game though. But good for Hodgson after the criticism he got after the Ireland game. He just keeps getting results with England he probably has no business getting lol.

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Old 06-02-2013, 05:34 PM   #764
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatmanBeyond View Post
http://www.goal.com/en/news/12/spain...s&ICID=HP_BN_1

Kudos to Arbeloa for speaking his mind and having a go at the primadonas in the Madrid squad (I'm looking at you, Casillas and Ramos).

Needless to say, he's going to be shipped off soon.
Arbeloa says something that needed to be said...6 months ago. I give him credit for saying it but it doesn't really help at all at this point.

Old 06-02-2013, 06:27 PM   #765
BatmanBeyond
Future Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthphere View Post
Arbeloa says something that needed to be said...6 months ago. I give him credit for saying it but it doesn't really help at all at this point.
Agreed. But it was refreshing to hear one of the Real players take responsibility for their poor season for a change...even at this late stage.

Old 06-02-2013, 06:59 PM   #766
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatmanBeyond View Post
Agreed. But it was refreshing to hear one of the Real players take responsibility for their poor season for a change...even at this late stage.
I mean, when I look at that situation I think both sides were in the wrong but I almost sympathize with Mourinho. As Arbeloa says there, he took a lot of **** and blame from the media and the fans to cover up all that turmoil. At the same time, its hard to rationalize the benching of the captain of not only your club but 2 time Euro winning and World Cup winners Spain. For whatever reason you want to use. Lopez was in form, sure but thats because Casillas was injured and before that Mourinho benched him a few times in favor of Adan. It's probably for the best they went their separate ways but I don't think full blame falls of Mourinho.

Old 06-02-2013, 09:43 PM   #767
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Good result for England tonight, Brazil vs Hart was the story of the 1st half but England rallied in the 2nd. The Ox and Rooney got us going in general not just with their goals, Walcott though is so infuriating, the amount of times he wastes the ball in good areas is unreal.

In truth this match really showcased how average both Brazil and England are, Spain and Germany have little to fear from either IMO.

Great win for the USA, it doesn't matter if Germany played their B team, it's a result that will give the side confidence going into the Qualifier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van Petrol View Post
I respect that most of players that we are linked to can do a job, but none of them inspire me or excite me at all to the point where I just can't get excited each and every time the new season comes around. I'll never stop supporting my team to the full, but the passion I used to have for the sport has been slowly waning and deteriorating over the last few years. Especially with the major investment that keeps coming and coming, in turn taking all the fun out of things that they're used to be. It's just like watching a few teams play real life football manager amongst themselves.
I know what you mean, when you look at City buy a whole team and then discard the bulk of it after one season, or a team like Monaco with a stadium that holds 19,000 maximum and only get 5,000 most of the season go out and spend 140 million Euros on 3 players it's disheartening. The flipside is picking up pots in spite of this IMO, something Arsenal, United and Liverpool are going to have to do unless we get bought up by a Shiek or Oligarch.

Quote:
Lol, it's Panini, I think I think they're still around, the other one was Merlin.
Panini! that's correct. I remember their Thundercats sticker book, did they do He-Man as well?

Quote:
Haha, give Le Proff a beard along with the club coat and the theme chorus playing in the background and we'd have our very own iteration of Damien Sandow.
Someone needs to create a manip ASAP! with you're welcome in French written underneath.

Quote:
Yeah. It really does surprise me that they seem to be contemplating letting him go. I was certain he was a nailed on main fixture for their future.
Villanova seems to have done a U-0turn, so maybe they are going to sell Cesc instead.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 06-02-2013, 09:50 PM   #768
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Latest transfer tidbits:

- Arsenal in for Wanyama

- Navas to City

- Strootman to United

- Benteke wants Spurs or Arsenal move but Liverpool may be in the mix as well if Suarez leaves

- Suarez to Real depends on if City or Chelsea get Cavani

- Fabregas to meet Barca higher ups over his future this week

- Mourinho will apparently sanction the sale of David Luiz to Barcelona

- Higuain is definitely leaving Real Madrid, Juve and Arsenal favourites to land him

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 06-03-2013, 02:00 AM   #769
BatmanBeyond
Future Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthphere View Post
I mean, when I look at that situation I think both sides were in the wrong but I almost sympathize with Mourinho. As Arbeloa says there, he took a lot of **** and blame from the media and the fans to cover up all that turmoil. At the same time, its hard to rationalize the benching of the captain of not only your club but 2 time Euro winning and World Cup winners Spain. For whatever reason you want to use. Lopez was in form, sure but thats because Casillas was injured and before that Mourinho benched him a few times in favor of Adan. It's probably for the best they went their separate ways but I don't think full blame falls of Mourinho.
The problem with Mourinho at Madrid was that he was never gonna play the attractive type of football the club and its fans wanted. Not to mention that the primadonas in the Madrid squad would never allow him to take the spotlight from them. If I'm to be honest, I think Casillas is overrated. He's a brilliant shot-stopper and has great reflexes, but his command of the area is questionable and I've seen him flap at crosses in numerous games. Mourinho is also a fan of tall, commanding keepers, in the Cech mould, so there's that as well.

But it's also obvious he didn't bench him just for sporting reasons. As far as I understand it, Casillas was a snitch, giving away dressing room secrets to his journalist girlfriend. It's no wonder Mourinho got pissed at him, considering his style of management is basically attract all controversy towards him, instead of his players. So to have a betrayal like that occur was probably a harsh pill to swallow. Probably not as hard as Pepe (one of his greatest supporters in the Madrid squad) publicly criticising his decision to bench Casillas though.

Old 06-03-2013, 04:30 AM   #770
spidey-dude
Y.N.W.A

if Rael really want suarez then I think we should play mega hard ball and say Higuain, Alonso and 30 mil

▬▬~ஜ۩۞۩ஜ~▬▬
★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Old 06-03-2013, 06:19 AM   #771
bapi
Side-Kick

Quote:
if Rael really want suarez then I think we should play mega hard ball and say Higuain, Alonso and 30 mil
But his buy-out clause is 40M...
Wonder if Adidas will help Real with both deals (Suarez, Bale) like Nike did with Neymar (paid 15M).

Mario Gomez has offers from Fiorentina and Napoli so my opinion is this: Lewandowski is the most important transfer of this summer. When he'll move... other players will move too. However it's clear City or Chelsea won't be able to sign a top, top striker.

Heath Ledger, 1979-2008

Last edited by bapi; 06-03-2013 at 06:24 AM.
Old 06-03-2013, 06:33 AM   #772
B
[insert witty comment]

Quote:
Real Madrid have shown stupidity in the past with transfer fees, but I don't feel they would be that stupid.

Suarez isn't worth close to what that deal would total to, I mean despite Alonso being 31, he is a World Cup winner & still one of the best deep lying playmaker in world football, could easily command a 15m-20m fee given that such players usually play until they are 35+. Then you've Higuain who is a 20+ goal a season striker, his record this season isn't indicative of how good a goalscorer he has proven himself to be given that he has often been 3rd choice behind Ronaldo & Benzema for Real. You could probably count the number of games he played the full 90 for Real this season on both hands. He started 19 La Liga games & scored 16 La Liga goals. He himself should be valued anything from 20m to even 30m on a good day.

Liverpool I feel have done the right thing, supposedly they have indicated that Suarez won't be allowed to leave for less than 50m, which is what United did with Ronaldo, Tottenham did with Bale & Modric, Atletico did with Falcao & I'm sure Liverpool did the same thing with Torres when Abramovich came sniffing. They've named a price that is significantly more than what the player is worth to scare off any clubs wanting to sign him. Liverpool are under no pressure to sell Suarez, they want him to stay, so they've named a high price so clubs will either have to meet that price or go away.

Old 06-03-2013, 06:50 AM   #773
spidey-dude
Y.N.W.A

Quote:
Originally Posted by bapi View Post
But his buy-out clause is 40M...
Wonder if Adidas will help Real with both deals (Suarez, Bale) like Nike did with Neymar (paid 15M).

Mario Gomez has offers from Fiorentina and Napoli so my opinion is this: Lewandowski is the most important transfer of this summer. When he'll move... other players will move too. However it's clear City or Chelsea won't be able to sign a top, top striker.
there isnt any buy out clause..

▬▬~ஜ۩۞۩ஜ~▬▬
★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Old 06-03-2013, 09:34 AM   #774
bapi
Side-Kick

Castles from The Times said there is and that's the only reason he signed that new contract. I think Aguero did the same thing with Atletico in February '11.

Heath Ledger, 1979-2008
Old 06-03-2013, 09:43 AM   #775
spidey-dude
Y.N.W.A

Quote:
Originally Posted by bapi View Post
Castles from The Times said there is and that's the only reason he signed that new contract. I think Aguero did the same thing with Atletico in February '11.
almost every other reporter has rubbished it since

glad to see Mou back in the prem

▬▬~ஜ۩۞۩ஜ~▬▬
★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Closed Thread