The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Sports

Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2013, 02:51 AM   #76
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread

Moyes is Fergies choosen one. If your a united fan who isn't sold on Moyes then him being partly picked by Fergie must fill you with some faith.

Old 05-09-2013, 03:04 AM   #77
bapi
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread

I can imagine Ronaldo would want to play under SAF again but under Moyes? PSG more realistic. Also Real will have another manager this summer so I think Ronaldo will stay.

Heath Ledger, 1979-2008
Old 05-09-2013, 06:07 AM   #78
The Englishman
Marching On Together

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_ultimate_evil View Post
The only saving grace we united fans need to remember is fergie is not gone totally. He will be director and will have a say in how things are run

And if you think that has nothing to do with transfers or the team you need to think again.

On a more personal note this news has shown me Michelle Keenan is a united fan, the lady just for sexier
Well if that's the case I wouldn't want to take over...

"For England James?" "No......For me"

"The things i do for England."
Old 05-09-2013, 06:58 AM   #79
Brian Braddock
R.I.P. '96 Y.N.W.A.

Reports this morning on Talk-Sport saying that Fergie will be a non-executive director; so he wont be as 'hands on' as some people seem to have assumed; according to the journalist who was on Fegie wont even have an office at OT.

Old 05-09-2013, 07:56 AM   #80
Two-Face
Harvey Dent

Rooney deletes 'Manchester United player' from Twitter bio....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...itter-bio.html

Happy 75th Anniversary Batman

Old 05-09-2013, 08:26 AM   #81
spidey-dude
Y.N.W.A

so its as good as official now thanks to United social media slip up

https://www.facebook.com/manchesteru...19829254859378

▬▬~ஜ۩۞۩ஜ~▬▬
★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Old 05-09-2013, 08:46 AM   #82
Dr Lee
Feet first into hell

And now Everton have just confirmed that Moyes is leaving.

IMHO, The reports that SAF has personally picked Moyes as his replacement is why I'm not too concerned about this... SAF wouldn't pick him if he didn't think he was capable..

Old 05-09-2013, 08:50 AM   #83
spidey-dude
Y.N.W.A

I have had one of the best weeks of my life; dream job, dream girl, and then Fergie and Moyes both leaving.... whens the next euro millions? Friday?

▬▬~ஜ۩۞۩ஜ~▬▬
★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Old 05-09-2013, 08:50 AM   #84
bapi
Side-Kick

I don't understand why United didn't want Ancelotti. EPL and CL proven, always said he wants to return to England and SAF told United about his decision in February so they had a lot of time.

Heath Ledger, 1979-2008
Old 05-09-2013, 08:54 AM   #85
spidey-dude
Y.N.W.A

best tweet I've seen so far;

"I've got as many wins against TOP4 teams as Moyes. Aswell as many trophies as Moyes and they didnt even call me?"

▬▬~ஜ۩۞۩ஜ~▬▬
★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Old 05-09-2013, 08:57 AM   #86
Two-Face
Harvey Dent

Quote:
Originally Posted by bapi View Post
I don't understand why United didn't want Ancelotti. EPL and CL proven, always said he wants to return to England and SAF told United about his decision in February so they had a lot of time.
United want someone who's been there for long haul. Moyes 11 years in charge tick. Fergie admires Moyes what he has done with Everton tick.
And brings the best out of average players tick.

So you see those ticks the boxes United look for. there's one problem he hasn't won anything....

Last edited by Two-Face; 05-09-2013 at 09:10 AM.
Old 05-09-2013, 08:59 AM   #87
Dr Lee
Feet first into hell

We've gone for Moyes because that's who SAF wants as his replacement...

Old 05-09-2013, 09:06 AM   #88
bapi
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidey-dude View Post
best tweet I've seen so far;

"I've got as many wins against TOP4 teams as Moyes. Aswell as many trophies as Moyes and they didnt even call me?"
And you never win at Anfield too.

Heath Ledger, 1979-2008
Old 05-09-2013, 09:08 AM   #89
bapi
Side-Kick

Like I'm happy with Moyes... And I can imagine he'll fit the Glazers' business plan well.

Heath Ledger, 1979-2008
Old 05-09-2013, 09:12 AM   #90
BatmanBeyond
Future Dark Knight

Sad to see Sir Alex retire, but alas, it had to happen sooner or later.

Not really keen on Moyes' appointment, seeing as he hasn't won anything, but I'm willing to give him a chance. Would've preferred Mourinho...oh well.

I'm upset that Moyes' appointment is also probably going to lead to Rooney leaving. If this is going to be the case, I certainly hope there's going to be some serious investment made this summer, especially in central midfield.

Cracked.com's Bat Battle: http://www.cracked.com/article_15029...ie-batman.html
Old 05-09-2013, 09:34 AM   #91
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Maybe Moyes bring Fellaini with him...

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Old 05-09-2013, 10:10 AM   #92
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Moyes confirmed by United on a ****ing ridiculous 6 year deal.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 05-09-2013, 10:12 AM   #93
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

Wonder how it will affect the title odds for next season if Moyes comes in for Utd and Mourinho goes to Chelsea.

Old 05-09-2013, 10:14 AM   #94
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Wonder how it will affect the title odds for next season if Moyes comes in for Utd and Mourinho goes to Chelsea.
It'll be Chelsea vs City. We'll be competing with Arsenal, Spurs and maybe Liverpool for the other top 4 spots.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 05-09-2013, 10:15 AM   #95
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
Well they're really backing him. Seems a bit risky to me. Maybe they should take a look at how Pardew is working out for us on a super long deal.

Old 05-09-2013, 10:17 AM   #96
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

Quote:
It'll be Chelsea vs City. We'll be competing with Arsenal, Spurs and maybe Liverpool for the other top 4 spots.
I think at least one of those 6 seasons you could miss out on a CL place and we'll see how everyone reacts then. Nothing against Moyes but this is one of the (if not the) biggest jobs in management and I'd have liked him to prove himself at one other big club before he got the Utd job.

Old 05-09-2013, 10:18 AM   #97
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Well they're really backing him. Seems a bit risky to me. Maybe they should take a look at how Pardew is working out for us on a super long deal.
The choice seems based purely off the fact he's a blue collar Scottish hardass with "Values", his actual complete lack of success and CL experience are apparently irrelevant.

Old 05-09-2013, 10:21 AM   #98
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
I think at least one of those 6 seasons you could miss out on a CL place and we'll see how everyone reacts then. Nothing against Moyes but this is one of the (if not the) biggest jobs in management and I'd have liked him to prove himself at one other big club before he got the Utd job.
It could be more than that, however I doubt he'd get the full 6 seasons if he is as poor as most of us feel he'll be.

Old 05-09-2013, 10:21 AM   #99
Two-Face
Harvey Dent

Quote:
Link perhaps?

Old 05-09-2013, 10:25 AM   #100
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two-Face View Post
Link perhaps?
http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Fe...vid-moyes.aspx

Closed Thread