The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Sports

Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2013, 11:29 AM   #101
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread

As an Evertonian I am sad to see Moyes go, but not as gutted as I thought I would be. The problem with Moyes is he always bottles it in big games, no wins at Chelsea, Arsenal and Man Utd away in 11 years prove this. He hasnt even won at Anfield against whats been a very average side the last few years. That may hurt Liverpool fans but its true. He can also be very negative with tactics, and stubborn when it comes to dropping players and changing the team.

So I dont think Moyes is good enough for Man Utd in all honesty, but with maybe Fergie giving him a helping had for a season or two, and the squad he is inheriting, he may do well.

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Interstellar-9.5(3)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(4)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(5)Gone Girl-9(6)Captain America: TWS-9(7)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(8)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(9)WOWS-8.5(10)Godzilla-8(11)Neighbours-8(12)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(13)Lego Movie-7.5(14)Transformers: AOE-7.5(15)Robocop-7.5(16)Sin City: ADTDF-7(17)300:ROAE-7(18)The Equalizer-7(19)MWTDITW-7(20)47 Ronin-6(21)Monuments Men-5(22)Ride Along-5(23)I, Frankenstein-3
Old 05-09-2013, 11:34 AM   #102
bapi
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread

Fergie's biggest strenght was that his players always overperformed but I can't see that under Moyes. However you finished last year with +35M and this year should be even bigger for you. Without Gill and SAF there'll be less pressure on Glazers so UTD will spent less on players. But UTD will make money. Even without trophies. Like Arsenal. Maybe I'm blind now but I think next seasons will be between Chelsea and City.

Heath Ledger, 1979-2008
Old 05-09-2013, 11:38 AM   #103
Two-Face
Harvey Dent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
Sir Alex on David Moyes: "There is no question he has all the qualities we expect of a manager at this club"

But what about experiences of winning a PL least or FA Cup. becaming 4th, 5th 6th or 7th every season what Manchester United isn't about. Sure it's not always about trophies but finishing top 3 is what I expect.

Teams like Barca, Real, Bayern etc... will crush us.

Last edited by Two-Face; 05-09-2013 at 12:18 PM.
Old 05-09-2013, 11:42 AM   #104
spidey-dude
Y.N.W.A

**** the PL or FA cup how about a bloody Carling cup... no?

come on Rodgers, time to knock United off their ****ing perch

sad thing is I believe that if we'd kept Rafa we may actually even have a chance

▬▬~ஜ۩۞۩ஜ~▬▬
★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Old 05-09-2013, 11:43 AM   #105
spidey-dude
Y.N.W.A

and AVEITWITHJAMON stick around the thread more, always nice to have a bitter around

▬▬~ஜ۩۞۩ஜ~▬▬
★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Old 05-09-2013, 11:46 AM   #106
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidey-dude View Post
**** the PL or FA cup how about a bloody Carling cup... no?

sad thing is I believe that if we'd kept Rafa we may actually even have a chance
In all fairness if Moyes had had the money Rogers' has spent in his first season and the continued backing Rogers will get money-wise then Moyes may have won a trophy with us. Bottling it in big games is a Moyes trait but the players have to be blamed as well, they themseles arent used to winning things.

All the players at Man U have a winning mentality, except when they have been to Goodison the last few seasons , and Moyes will be backed to the hilt financially. I cant see him doing too bad, especially with Fergie behind the scenes.

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Interstellar-9.5(3)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(4)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(5)Gone Girl-9(6)Captain America: TWS-9(7)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(8)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(9)WOWS-8.5(10)Godzilla-8(11)Neighbours-8(12)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(13)Lego Movie-7.5(14)Transformers: AOE-7.5(15)Robocop-7.5(16)Sin City: ADTDF-7(17)300:ROAE-7(18)The Equalizer-7(19)MWTDITW-7(20)47 Ronin-6(21)Monuments Men-5(22)Ride Along-5(23)I, Frankenstein-3
Old 05-09-2013, 11:48 AM   #107
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
and AVEITWITHJAMON stick around the thread more, always nice to have a bitter around
Thats funny, thats the word I was going to use for you .

Old 05-09-2013, 11:59 AM   #108
spidey-dude
Y.N.W.A

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
Thats funny, thats the word I was going to use for you .

▬▬~ஜ۩۞۩ஜ~▬▬
★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Old 05-09-2013, 12:17 PM   #109
Dr Lee
Feet first into hell

Get a room guys.... :P

Old 05-09-2013, 03:16 PM   #110
BatmanBeyond
Future Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthphere View Post
Maybe Moyes bring Fellaini with him...
That would be a start.

Cracked.com's Bat Battle: http://www.cracked.com/article_15029...ie-batman.html
Old 05-09-2013, 03:24 PM   #111
TheFuture
Rising

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two-Face View Post
But what about experiences of winning a PL least or FA Cup. becaming 4th, 5th 6th or 7th every season what Manchester United isn't about. Sure it's not always about trophies but finishing top 3 is what I expect.

Teams like Barca, Real, Bayern etc... will crush us.
You have a dig at Moyes for achieving very little to deserve the job....yet your outgoing manager's only claim to fame when he took over was a cup winners cup victory? An outgoing manager that went years without winning a thing I might add, and if you believe the old rumours one who would have been sacked if not for an FA Cup victory.

I'll be honest, if I was Man U fan, I would be underwhelmed with the appointment. However, that's only because I feel it's an unnecessary gamble (it is a gamble because barring absolute disaster they won't be sacking him for a few years). It is an exciting gamble though so if I was a Man U fan, I'd just sit tight and go with the flow.

Old 05-09-2013, 03:30 PM   #112
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Even if Moyes does well I think Utd will soon be in amongst the pack along with Chelsea City and maybe Arsenal & Spurs. If Liverpool make a comeback the top 4 race is gonna be crazy, and hopefully the title race too. I don't want anyone to dominate in the way Utd did going forward. Keep it exciting every year.

Old 05-09-2013, 03:32 PM   #113
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuture View Post
You have a dig at Moyes for achieving very little to deserve the job....yet your outgoing manager's only claim to fame when he took over was a cup winners cup victory? An outgoing manager that went years without winning a thing I might add, and if you believe the old rumours one who would have been sacked if not for an FA Cup victory.

I'll be honest, if I was Man U fan, I would be underwhelmed with the appointment. However, that's only because I feel it's an unnecessary gamble (it is a gamble because barring absolute disaster they won't be sacking him for a few years). It is an exciting gamble though so if I was a Man U fan, I'd just sit tight and go with the flow.
It was a different era though. The English league couldn't attract & pay the very best managers around the world back then and Utd also weren't one of the biggest clubs in the world. A Moyes equivalent might have got the job back then without too much fuss.

Old 05-09-2013, 03:43 PM   #114
Hunter Rider
**** SHH's Lawyers
SHH! Administrator

Quote:

Fergie won 10 trophies with Aberdeen in a league absolutely controlled by Rangers and Celtic, that was a hell of an achievement and still would be as I think if you count back the last 25 years you wont find many times one of either Celtic or Rangers haven't won the league, he beat them 3 times and won a European trophy.

In 11 years Moyes has done nothing, not once has he gotten to the actual CL and he's only made one final and lost. Teams like Middlesborough, Portsmouth, West Ham and Wigan have managed that and Swansea and Biringham even won a trophy in the last 5 years.

I don't see anything exciting about it, if we'd brought in Laudrup or Ancelotti or even Pellegerini I'd be excited, they have either success or have their teams play good football. Moyes has neither on his resume'.

Old 05-09-2013, 03:50 PM   #115
Hunter Rider
**** SHH's Lawyers
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
I know you're just having a bit fun mate even if I feel sick inside, however I'd just say it's much more likely we'll be coming down to meet you on your perch than you knocking us off ours, unless you're talking about a battle for the 4th place perch. City and Chelsea are going to be the ones ruling the roost now.

Old 05-09-2013, 03:51 PM   #116
Two-Face
Harvey Dent

Quote:

Thing is SAF had trophies under his belt and United weren't a topside as they are now. its a different angle or different situation but I'm not having a dig at him he's a good manager he's isnt what I think United require. As I said previous page Im willing to give him a chance since SAF didn't win the league straight way plus SAF seems to like his style of managment that's enough for me. Do You understand where I'm coming from If Liverpool were where United are would you choose David Moyes?

Old 05-09-2013, 03:53 PM   #117
the_ultimate_evil
CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.

Ok first I have been a united fan from about 85 I was born in 82 and I have supported this club through all the lows and highs and will continue to do so, but I have a real feeling of a rough future ahead of this club

Second Rooney can go and **** himself, I said back in the news of him screwing hookers while his wife was pregnant I would celebrate every goal he scored while on the pitch but as a man and a human being he was a dirty rotten bastard. And his agains at the moment at childish, immature and petty this could have been done behind closed doors.

When he goes it has to be to a foreign club they can not be stupid enough to sell to a premiership club not matter the money.

And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
To view my site tumblr dev art twitter
Old 05-09-2013, 04:00 PM   #118
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Where would Rooney go? PSG are a good possibility but I just can't see him walking around in Paris lol..he'd need a regular cab home

Don't think Madrid, Barca or Bayern would want him. Who else can afford his wages?

I think Chelsea are favourites as I'd expect Rooney to want to stay in England and City are rivals although that might not stay in the way of this deal if Rooney is definitely being sold.

Old 05-09-2013, 04:06 PM   #119
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

Rooney could go to Germany I suppose. I could see one of the german teams going for him although I doubt he would want to go to germany.

Old 05-09-2013, 04:08 PM   #120
TheFuture
Rising

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
It was a different era though. The English league couldn't attract & pay the very best managers around the world back then and Utd also weren't one of the biggest clubs in the world. A Moyes equivalent might have got the job back then without too much fuss.
As I said, Moyes is a gamble. But he's a long term choice, someone who will immerse himself in the club and look to build another dynasty.

Sure, they could have spent big to bring a "top" manager in but sometimes that doesn't always work out. Look at Scolari at Chelsea and even Capello with England, two world class managers but who just replicate what made them so great elsewhere.

Then you have the likes of Mourinho; brilliant for a year or two but almost always self destructs and leaves a team in a pretty ragged state.

I think Ferguson had a big say in this appointment and the reason I think he chose Moyes was because he sees a lot of himself in him. Someone who is more than capable of carrying on what he started for another 2 decades.

Is he right to think that? I don't know. But I understand and respect his reasoning.

Quote:
Fergie won 10 trophies with Aberdeen in a league absolutely controlled by Rangers and Celtic, that was a hell of an achievement and still would be as I think if you count back the last 25 years you wont find many times one of either Celtic or Rangers haven't won the league, he beat them 3 times and won a European trophy.

In 11 years Moyes has done nothing, not once has he gotten to the actual CL and he's only made one final and lost. Teams like Middlesborough, Portsmouth, West Ham and Wigan have managed that and Swansea and Biringham even won a trophy in the last 5 years.

I don't see anything exciting about it, if we'd brought in Laudrup or Ancelotti or even Pellegerini I'd be excited, they have either success or have their teams play good football. Moyes has neither on his resume'.
Money wasn't a factor back then though really. It was a level playing field for someone like Ferguson to come along and use his talent to put a team together capable of taking on Rangers and Celtic.

With Manchester United, Moyes is a getting a similar level playing field but now it's in terms of finances. Moyes is a manager of undoubted talent and had an Everton team punching well above their weight at times, but the one thing he didn't have was the budget to truly compete. But he's going to have that now.

And mate, I don't wanna burst your bubble, but Portsmouth, Middlesbrough, Birmingham etc etc? All relegated after their subsequent big wins. What I'm saying is that the odd FA Cup/Carling Cup trophy doesn't mean much in the long run. If it did, McClaren and McCleish would be world beaters.

Last edited by TheFuture; 05-09-2013 at 04:14 PM.
Old 05-09-2013, 04:11 PM   #121
spidey-dude
Y.N.W.A

Quote:
I know you're just having a bit fun mate even if I feel sick inside, however I'd just say it's much more likely we'll be coming down to meet you on your perch than you knocking us off ours, unless you're talking about a battle for the 4th place perch. City and Chelsea are going to be the ones ruling the roost now.
I'm just messing I don't think we are there yet... however if ever there was an opportunity I feel its in the next couple of years

▬▬~ஜ۩۞۩ஜ~▬▬
★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Old 05-09-2013, 04:20 PM   #122
TheFuture
Rising

City haven't proven themselves yet. They've had two poor CL campaigns and failed miserably in their title challenge this year. I think it's important too to point out that City's title victory last season was unbelievably fortunate on more than one level. So yeah, I don't think City are quite guaranteed to dominate in the years to come just yet.

As for Chelsea, the club has to stop being a farce before they can dominate again.

Old 05-09-2013, 04:25 PM   #123
B
[insert witty comment]

So David Moyes..

I am quite optimistic regarding his arrival. People can look at his trophy record at Everton & compare it to what Ferguson's was like at Aberdeen, however in truth, while outmuscling Rangers & Celtic is no easy feat in any era, the Premiership & English football is a completely different animal & I feel any manager that is able to keep a side consistently within touching distance of the 4 or 5 clubs challenging for the Premiership is no easy task.

It seems to me they have went for a manager that is theory is very similar to Sir Alex & one that is capable of building & re-building teams when needed. He gives youth players within the club a chance & in addition seems to uncover several gems for realistic fees. He speaks English, he knows the Premiership & realistically the more & more I think about it.. he is pretty much the only choice outside of Mourinho.. or the only one I'd be more keen on.

I wouldn't want Klopp or any other foreign manager that barely can speak English, nor would I want one that is a flash in the pan 1 year wonder, I'd want someone with good experience at a top level & that's what Moyes brings..My one main concern is his lack of European experience with Everton & the issue of can he manage 'big' players.. I feel his arrival will almost certainly spell the end for Rooney, even moreso if the rumours regarding him supposedly suggesting to Ferguson a few weeks ago that perhaps it would be best for him to move & get a fresh start elsewhere.. who know's though, I don't want us to sell Rooney, but if he wants to leave it might be best now given the change in manager... although he must not be sold to Chelsea or Manchester City. It must be PSG, Bayern, Real or Barca.. a foreign club..

Time will tell of course, but I'm more than happy to give Moyes a chance to succeed, I am not anticipating Champions League winners, double or treble winners next season, but I feel with Sir Alex still lurking around as a director & with everything he already has in place, Moyes is capable of keeping us at the level we need to be.

Old 05-09-2013, 06:01 PM   #124
Dr Lee
Feet first into hell

Rooney has tonight changed his twitter bio from 'Manchester United Player' to 'Nike UK athlete'

He can **** off if he doesn't wanna play ball...

Old 05-09-2013, 07:58 PM   #125
Poeman
Banned User

Dont know about you guys but if Roberto Martinez goes to Everton I think that might be a good pick up.

Oh and please Moyes is literally buddies with Sir Alex. Homeboys from Scotland, he tried to hire him as assistant years ago...I dont think Moyes can handle the Man U pressures.

It will backfire.

Closed Thread