The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Sports

Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2013, 11:10 AM   #151
wobbly
Occasional Scribbler

Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grommers View Post
I honestly think PSG would be the best destination for rooney.

On a side note, Nacho was given his contract, at mourinhos request. Why would they give a coach on his way out the ability to sign a new contract?
Jose himself wouldn't sign anything with players contracts at RM. They buy & sell on the managers recommendations (and a lot of times not), so I don't see that as any indicator one way or another that he is staying there or not.

If I had to guess I'd say he is hedging his bets in that regard. He let it be known very publicly his interest in returning to England, clearly referencing Chelsea in that same statement, but he has since said nothing has been decided, nor will it be until the season is over. That being said his daughter will be attending college/university here, he has been seen house hunting in London...

However...if the rumours are true Roman is not too keen on shelling out the money RM will want for his buyout clause, so he may well be there for another year, or they might sack him...you never really know what's going on with either Chelsea or Jose.

Old 05-10-2013, 11:11 AM   #152
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
How old is Evra? And who would Fellaini be replacing? Scholes? Actually how old is Fellaini?
Evra will be 32 next week, Fellaini will be 26 in November. Fellaini is not good enough in CM to play there and has played most of this season as a sort of #10 (I use that term lightly), so I guess he'd be Rooney's replacement if he goes.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 05-10-2013, 11:13 AM   #153
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

You'd still would have to get another CM since Fellaini is good for missing 10-12 games due to bans.

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Old 05-10-2013, 11:15 AM   #154
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthphere View Post
You'd still would have to get another CM since Fellaini is good for missing 10-12 games due to bans.
That's true, he's all elbows and an afro.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 05-10-2013, 11:18 AM   #155
Two-Face
Harvey Dent

Quote:
Ok then no Fellaini, Osman & Baines.

Happy 75th Anniversary Batman

Old 05-10-2013, 11:39 AM   #156
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two-Face View Post
Ok then no Fellaini, Osman & Baines.
I'd say lets not bother with any of them and aim higher!

Old 05-10-2013, 11:41 AM   #157
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
Evra will be 32 next week, Fellaini will be 26 in November. Fellaini is not good enough in CM to play there and has played most of this season as a sort of #10 (I use that term lightly), so I guess he'd be Rooney's replacement if he goes.
So getting Baines in for Evra wouldn't be notable business in that case. And I know you don't rate Rooney any more. Do you have Fellaini above him or about the same/worse?

Old 05-10-2013, 11:47 AM   #158
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
So getting Baines in for Evra wouldn't be notable business in that case. And I know you don't rate Rooney any more. Do you have Fellaini above him or about the same/worse?
No, Baines doesn't make any sense to me either. I still rate Rooney far higher than I do Fellaini, I just don't see any point in Fellaini at a club that has never used his type of player.

Old 05-10-2013, 11:55 AM   #159
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

Quote:
No,l Baines doesn't make any sense to me either. I still rate Rooney far higher than I do Fellaini, I just don't see any point in Fellaini at a club that has never used his type of player.
Ah good, thought I was seeing things after the recent discussions.

I really hope you get Ronaldo back (not sure his hunger to return will be the same without Fergie) but I don't really like when Utd get a big player in and another leaves. When VP came in the team improved significantly as you didn't have to lose anything for him to come in. Although Ronaldo in will improve any team whatever else is happening.

Have Utd ever had a great midfield at the same time as 2 great starting strikers? They used to be amazing in midfield and only good up front (although the 4 players worked very well in a squad system) and now they have at least 2 and maybe 3 great strikers and their midfield is not as good. One day..

Old 05-10-2013, 12:25 PM   #160
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Here's something for everyone having trouble falling asleep. From your new BT Sports co-commentator.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Old 05-10-2013, 01:07 PM   #161
Poeman
Banned User

How do Everton fans feel about all this?

Old 05-10-2013, 01:12 PM   #162
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

Quote:
Here's something for everyone having trouble falling asleep. From your new BT Sports co-commentator.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
How did that guy make flying a helicopter over Dubai so boring? I mean he's got the monotone voice but still that takes some extra level of talent.

Old 05-10-2013, 01:17 PM   #163
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poeman View Post
How do Everton fans feel about all this?
Not good from what I've seen but they don't blame Moyes for taking the Man U job.

Old 05-10-2013, 01:30 PM   #164
Van Petrol
No Strings On Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_ultimate_evil View Post
My friend showed me an image of the united team at the races the other day with the entire team in suits in a group with glasses of champagne and wine where as Rooney was off on his own his back to the team chugging a pint. Honestly can we really say if he had no skill kicking a ball he would be some thug hanging around a bar.
He said himself a few years ago, that if he hadn't become a professional footballer, he would've likely been a builder on the doll.

Old 05-10-2013, 01:36 PM   #165
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

He'd have been a thug who'd get into fights reasonably often when pissed up more likely.

Old 05-10-2013, 04:49 PM   #166
bapi
Side-Kick

Pellegrini to City done!

Heath Ledger, 1979-2008
Old 05-10-2013, 07:37 PM   #167
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
As an Evertonian you are seriously under-estimating Fellaini and Baines Hunter. Baines is 27, soon to turn 28 and is the best left-back in the premiership. He has also created more chances this season than any other player in Europe, yes, including the likes of Messi, Xavi, Ronaldo, etc. So I dont see how you could aim higher in his position. Only left-back in Europe close to Baines is Jordi Alba, and he aint gonna move from Barca.

Yes, we play Fellaini behind the striker, but centre midfield is his best position, and he is amazing there, I remember a couple of seasons ago he played in CM for about 30 games running, got MOM in over 20 of them, and this is when we were in amazing form as well, so its not like he was the stand out in a poor team. We play him as number 10 because Moyes likes a big man up top and we have other CM's who can do a job, but as a CM, IMO, Fellaini could get in any team in the league and most in Europe as well. Both would be great signings for Utd, and I would be gutted to see them go.

1)X-Men: Days Of Future Past-10(2)Captain America: The Winter Soldier-9(3)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(4)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(5)The Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(6)Godzilla-8(7)Neighbours-8(8)The Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(9)The Lego Movie-7.5(10)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(11)Robocop-7.5(12)300:Rise Of An Empire-7(13)A Million Ways To Die In The West-7(14)47 Ronin-6(15)The Monuments Men-5(16)Ride Along-5(17)I, Frankenstein-3
Old 05-10-2013, 11:17 PM   #168
aNarcHy2day
Screw You Mayans!

I fully agree about Baines being good enough to enter most teams in Europe on current form. He is tremendous from what I have seen of him the past couple of years and would love to have him at Utd. At 27 he can be a solid investment for the next 3-4 years. It's not like we are booming with young talent at left back or anything. Buttner to me looks very much a journeyman who'd probably move on sometime in the future. He really needs to be loaned to a Premiership club where he can get regular first team football for a season before we can really know if he has the balls to be at United! As for Fabio, he really has to get his schit together to get anywhere near regular first team action here.
I'm more at sea about Fellaini. For someone who will, as an enforcer, get a card every couple of matches anyway, he is too indisciplined- elbows and such. The fact that he would get into most EPL teams has more to do with the decline of the 'central midfielder' in the league in recent times. Don't get of wrong- he is undoubtedly talented and the kind of player fans would be very happy to have in the post Roy Keane era but to me Yaya, Sandro, Ramires, Sissoko and Lucas are presently better at doing what he does. That said, he definitely would make United's life easier in the league, though I'm not too sure about Europe.

I'm wondering if Baines for 10 mil and Buttner on loan would cut it?

Batman- Ben Affleck, 41
Superman- Henry Cavill, 29
Wonder Woman- Gal Gadot, 28
The Flash- Jake Gyllenhaal, 31
Green Lantern- Ryan Reynolds, 36; Idris Elba, 40
and
Vandal Savage- Javier Bardem, 43

Last edited by aNarcHy2day; 05-10-2013 at 11:22 PM.
Old 05-11-2013, 06:43 AM   #169
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

C'mon we need to win today! Edit: whoops, mean tomorrow!

City Vs Wigan hope for a good match. Don't mind who wins.

And Chelsea are losing to Villa. They looked so safe for a CL place. Didn't really think what might happen if they actually lose these games!

Last edited by Iceman; 05-11-2013 at 07:16 AM.
Old 05-11-2013, 07:17 AM   #170
Orc

Fellaini's often said that his favoured position is in a more central role or even DMF. that'd be perfect cuz it also frees up Kagawa to do what he was bought for and that is to find pockets of space, get the ball into his feet, & turn. I'm not delighted with the Moyes appointment but I guess I'm like everyone else - willing to give dude a chance. True that we should definitely grab Baines, never really like Evra anyway he gets into good positions then loses a head a la Eboue.

Hope Wigan do the business today!

Old 05-11-2013, 07:43 AM   #171
Two-Face
Harvey Dent

Welcome another United fan on here.

Happy 75th Anniversary Batman

Old 05-11-2013, 07:51 AM   #172
wobbly
Occasional Scribbler

Quote:
C'mon we need to win today! Edit: whoops, mean tomorrow!

City Vs Wigan hope for a good match. Don't mind who wins.

And Chelsea are losing to Villa. They looked so safe for a CL place. Didn't really think what might happen if they actually lose these games!
Down the years Villa Park has not usually been a happy hunting ground for us.

Today looks no different: Villa have one shot on target and it's in, we've hit the post, and their goalie made a blind block from Ba when he was clean through, and Villa's defenders are flailing out their legs and just blocking passes at crucial moments too.

Sadly this clown of a ref is giving Villa pretty much everything as well, so now we are down to 10 for what wasn't (imo) a bookable offence from Ramirez (his first one was, the second not).

Certainly it was no worse than the 'challenge' that flattened Ramirez (that went completely unpunished and ignored by the ref and the commentary tw#ts) which immediately led to Terry making a foul which was a booking....

We've also had a player elbowed in the face with no action from the ref as well.

Not looking good for this one. It usually is a Bogie ground, the ref's playing a blinder for the home side too, and the flailing legs of defenders blocking crucial passes, with 'rebounditis' going their way etc.

Ah well...

Old 05-11-2013, 07:55 AM   #173
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

Sounds horrifiic mate, sorry. Well there's still time and if you can even get a draw that'll keep you 3 points plus goal difference ahead of Arsenal.

Old 05-11-2013, 08:57 AM   #174
wobbly
Occasional Scribbler

Quote:
Sounds horrifiic mate, sorry. Well there's still time and if you can even get a draw that'll keep you 3 points plus goal difference ahead of Arsenal.
Well, we got there in the end (My previous post is, what we call in our house, 'Talking it in'). Barring some outrageous scoring from Tottenham they cannot overtake us now, so the other spots between them and Arsenal.

On the 2nd half:
The ref evened the odds by (rightly) sending Bentake off (he was one who elbowed in the 1st half), but he was still a big time homer: Missed the ball crossing the line (thank God they are finally bringing in the goal-line technology), and at least one of the Villa defenders committed 3 bookable offences and never got a card for any of them. One of the Villa players literally swan dived into Lampards outstreched arm and Lampard got booked, lol.

And great for Lampard to get the goal scoring record. If he is to go at the end of the season I'm glad he made sure of that.

Only downsides is Terry looking like he got a bad injury, and Hazzard limping off too (bloody Villa Park...). Looks like Terry's done for the season, and will have to hope Hazzard's just tweaked his hamstring.

Old 05-11-2013, 09:24 AM   #175
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

Congrats, glad it worked out. What scoring record did Lampard get?

And that's a bit of a worry for the Cup Final. Hope Hazard makes it for that.