The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Arrow

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2013, 12:57 AM   #26
Ultra Nolanite
Side-Kick
 
Ultra Nolanite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,304
Default Re: The Emily Bett Rickards/ Felicity Smoak Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
Ok, a question to everyone. Felicity Smoak: sexier with glasses or without?

My personal opinion is that she looks more stunning without, but sexier with. There's something almost naughty or saucy about her when she puts on that frame around her face.
Both, she's sexier with glasses, but at the same time she's sexier without.

THAT'S how hot she is.

__________________
"Can't I just keep pretending I'm your son ?"

"Sure thing kiddo, I'll just keep pretending to put food in your mouth and clothes on your gorram back"
Ultra Nolanite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 03:30 AM   #27
herolee10
S.W. Mourner
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 15,338
Default Re: The Emily Bett Rickards/ Felicity Smoak Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseGuy487 View Post
That would be interesting to see somewhere down the line.

However, it would really be nice to see Felicity and Diggle together. They have such great chemistry together. And, besides, Diggle deserves to be happy.


Well as strange (and awkward) as the situation may be, he is currently going out and involved with his former sister-in-law so it's not like he doesn't have someone already.lol

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 05:30 AM   #28
TheLongestDay
"FOR ASGARD!!!"
 
TheLongestDay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Asgard
Posts: 2,015
Default Re: The Emily Bett Rickards/ Felicity Smoak Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
Agreed. Can't stand Laurel and Thea, but Felicity continues to be awesome.
100% Agreed!

__________________
"There will be many interpretations of Superman, but the original character created by two teenagers in the 30’s will last forever." – Christopher Reeve
TheLongestDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 06:52 AM   #29
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra
 
Dark Raven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Tall and tan and young and lovely
Posts: 19,042
Default Re: The Emily Bett Rickards/ Felicity Smoak Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseGuy487 View Post
That would be interesting to see somewhere down the line.

However, it would really be nice to see Felicity and Diggle together. They have such great chemistry together. And, besides, Diggle deserves to be happy.



I agree, with the way she is currently written.

However, if circumstances change (i.e. -- if her father were killed), her motivations could change and cause her character to go down a certain path and evolve into something similar to the character we know and love.
Well I'm sure she'd begin to play it differently, but I think it's partly the actress. Katie Cassidy just isn't that interesting. Even with the material she has (and she does have quite a lot) she couldn't make as much of it as Emily could with the little material she had to begin with which made the writers want to give her more. If instead Rickards had been given the Laurel Lance role (although I prefer her as Felicity), even though she wouldn't be Black Canary yet, she would've made it more interesting. It really depends a lot on the actress.

Quote:

I actually didn't like her very much at the beginning of the season, because she was just an annoying, bratty b**ch. But ever since she started working at CNRI and hooked up with Roy, she seemed to have found a bit more purpose, so she's a little more tolerable.
Well, I liked her when I first saw her because of the way she looked, but then her personality began to assert itself. Then everythng got annoying, and maybe I still haven't warmed up to her again even when she's been doing something different like being concerned for Harper.

__________________
Quote:
Anne Hathaway: "You did not just ask me that!! What a forward young man you are!!! My goodness!!"

Last edited by Dark Raven; 05-10-2013 at 06:56 AM.
Dark Raven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 07:45 AM   #30
Nathan
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.
 
Nathan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 44,999
Default Re: The Emily Bett Rickards/ Felicity Smoak Thread

Enough about Laurel and Thea. More Felicity!



Nathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 09:57 AM   #31
Golgo-13
Cadburys Creme Eggs
 
Golgo-13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: The Creative Mind
Posts: 24,454
Default Re: The Emily Bett Rickards/ Felicity Smoak Thread

I love her too. I think she looks sexier with glasses.

__________________
"And a man, a man provides. And he does it even when he's not appreciated, or respected, or even loved. He simply bears up and he does it. Because he's a man."
- Gus Fring
Golgo-13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 11:54 AM   #32
Ryder
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 167
Default Re: The Emily Bett Rickards/ Felicity Smoak Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
Well I'm sure she'd begin to play it differently, but I think it's partly the actress. Katie Cassidy just isn't that interesting. Even with the material she has (and she does have quite a lot) she couldn't make as much of it as Emily could with the little material she had to begin with which made the writers want to give her more. If instead Rickards had been given the Laurel Lance role (although I prefer her as Felicity), even though she wouldn't be Black Canary yet, she would've made it more interesting. It really depends a lot on the actress.



Well, I liked her when I first saw her because of the way she looked, but then her personality began to assert itself. Then everythng got annoying, and maybe I still haven't waErmed up to her again even when she's been doing something different like being concerned for Harper.
EXACTLY thank you. this is what i have been saying all along, they made a bad casting choice that cost the character of laurel a great deal but im treated like the big bad wolf here that out to get katie cassidy. The character woes, Its all the writing fault and the actress is not accountable, is the mantra here, nice to see a different of opinion for a change.

THANKS for starting the Emily/ Felicity thread it was of course long overdue. Casting done right, at least they got this comic character right.

Ryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 12:30 PM   #33
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra
 
Dark Raven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Tall and tan and young and lovely
Posts: 19,042
Default Re: The Emily Bett Rickards/ Felicity Smoak Thread

I say forget about Roy or Thea as Ollie's sidekick. Felicity should fill that role instead. She's more interesting than both of them and seemed particularly sidekickish when standing on that elevator shaft and holding onto Oliver.

Dark Raven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 01:55 PM   #34
TheWiseGuy487
Electrifying!
 
TheWiseGuy487's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,555
Default Re: The Emily Bett Rickards/ Felicity Smoak Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryder View Post
EXACTLY thank you. this is what i have been saying all along, they made a bad casting choice that cost the character of laurel a great deal but im treated like the big bad wolf here that out to get katie cassidy. The character woes, Its all the writing fault and the actress is not accountable, is the mantra here, nice to see a different of opinion for a change.
The reason you're treated like the big, bad wolf is because bashing Katie Cassidy is ALL YOU EVER DO ON THIS FORUM!!!!

As much as I agree with the Katie Cassidy casting decision, if that's the only reason you signed onto the SHH forums, then I suggest finding an Arrow forum.

__________________
You wanted to be the hero. Now you gotta pay the price.

5-.-2-.-14
_______________________

TheWiseGuy487 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 08:16 AM   #35
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator
 
AVEITWITHJAMON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Liverpool, UK.
Posts: 24,460
Default Re: The Emily Bett Rickards/ Felicity Smoak Thread

Another great episode from Felicity, love this woman!

__________________
2014 movie ratings out of 10:

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(4)Captain America: TWS-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)Sin City: ADTDF-7(15)300:ROAE-7(16)Million Ways To Die In The West-7(17)47 Ronin-6(18)Monuments Men-5(19)Ride Along-5(20)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 07:47 PM   #36
Dr Lee
Feet first into hell
 
Dr Lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 12,204
Default Re: The Emily Bett Rickards/ Felicity Smoak Thread

Stunning and funny... Happy that she's to be a regular next season...

__________________
Dan Weldon
1978 - 2011
Dr Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 01:50 PM   #37
Justin
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 261
Default Re: The Emily Bett Rickards/ Felicity Smoak Thread

Hilarious that she was hired to do two scenes and ends up one of the major characters in the 3 finale episodes.

Way to go Emily, made it your own

Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 01:53 PM   #38
Nathan
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.
 
Nathan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 44,999
Default Re: The Emily Bett Rickards/ Felicity Smoak Thread

Now if they could only reduce Laurel's screen time.

Nathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 08:45 PM   #39
Golgo-13
Cadburys Creme Eggs
 
Golgo-13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: The Creative Mind
Posts: 24,454
Default Re: The Emily Bett Rickards/ Felicity Smoak Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
Now if they could only reduce Laurel's screen time.
C0-sign. She's such a wet blanket.

__________________
"And a man, a man provides. And he does it even when he's not appreciated, or respected, or even loved. He simply bears up and he does it. Because he's a man."
- Gus Fring
Golgo-13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 10:09 AM   #40
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra
 
Dark Raven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Tall and tan and young and lovely
Posts: 19,042
Default Re: The Emily Bett Rickards/ Felicity Smoak Thread

Why in some of these shows is the wet blanket usually promoted as the main love interest? It's as if they must be more serious to be considered more "normal", as if being quirky, geeky and prone to making humorous comments is not considered cool enough and they must be relegated to sidekick or some other role? Is it that the female demographic among the audience don't identify with these types but more so with the Lana Langs and Laurel Lances?

__________________
Quote:
Anne Hathaway: "You did not just ask me that!! What a forward young man you are!!! My goodness!!"
Dark Raven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 02:29 PM   #41
Justin
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 261
Default Re: The Emily Bett Rickards/ Felicity Smoak Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
Why in some of these shows is the wet blanket usually promoted as the main love interest? It's as if they must be more serious to be considered more "normal", as if being quirky, geeky and prone to making humorous comments is not considered cool enough and they must be relegated to sidekick or some other role? Is it that the female demographic among the audience don't identify with these types but more so with the Lana Langs and Laurel Lances?
It's true of life though. Someone that looks like Oliver is going to date someone who looks like Laurel, not someone that looks like Felicity is portrayed (we know she's stunning if they let her be, but you get my point. Stephen Amell is not going to be dating a quirky geeky chick with glasses most likely.

Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 03:57 PM   #42
BlackMagicWolf
He who is BlackMagic
 
BlackMagicWolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,662
Default Re: The Emily Bett Rickards/ Felicity Smoak Thread

I would rather date Felicity than Laurel because of how Felicity looks. I prefer her geeky side. And more than that I think Felicity has a better personality than Laurel.

And to kinda-sorta quote Roger Rabbit: "Why do you go out with her?" "Because she makes me laugh."

BlackMagicWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 02:34 PM   #43
Justin
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 261
Default Re: The Emily Bett Rickards/ Felicity Smoak Thread

Yeah each to their own. I'm just saying in general the hot guy dates the hot girl. Felicity is a difficult one to judge given the actress is actually hot, most female IT hackers don't look like that if we're truthful.

But anyway, I don't read the comics. Does Felicity actually do anything in them? Like does she have a destiny or anything, or are they free to do what they will with her?

Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 07:01 PM   #44
Human Torch
I Yam What I Yam
 
Human Torch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 7,785
Default Re: The Emily Bett Rickards/ Felicity Smoak Thread

From what I understand,she becomes the step-mother of Firestorm in the comics.I wouldn't hold my breath for anything like that to happen in the show,though.

Human Torch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 09:41 PM   #45
godisawesome
Side-Kick
 
godisawesome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,337
Default Re: The Emily Bett Rickards/ Felicity Smoak Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
Why in some of these shows is the wet blanket usually promoted as the main love interest? It's as if they must be more serious to be considered more "normal", as if being quirky, geeky and prone to making humorous comments is not considered cool enough and they must be relegated to sidekick or some other role? Is it that the female demographic among the audience don't identify with these types but more so with the Lana Langs and Laurel Lances?
I think it fits the CW requirement to try and make the female costar more of a tween-girl audience surrogate. A lot of the girl characters have an unfortunate character resemblance to Bella Swan, albeit a generally more sane and acceptable version. A peppy character is entertaining, but the CW's seen the serious girl with issue thing work out before. It's a cliche I hope dies a painful death so I can watch my superhero shows in peace, but it's practically company policy at this point.

__________________
“There are no ordinary people. You have never talked to a mere mortal."

-C.S. Lewis
godisawesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 05:27 PM   #46
Ryder
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 167
Default Re: The Emily Bett Rickards/ Felicity Smoak Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseGuy487 View Post
The reason you're treated like the big, bad wolf is because bashing Katie Cassidy is ALL YOU EVER DO ON THIS FORUM!!!!

As much as I agree with the Katie Cassidy casting decision, if that's the only reason you signed onto the SHH forums, then I suggest finding an Arrow forum.
CRITISING her performances and acting is NOT the same as bashing here.

Yes im concerned very greatly about her bad acting of one of my favorite characters which is why i raise the issue a lot but that is NOT all I do here and talk about, thankfully good actors like Stephen, Emily and others give me something to smile about and talk about with this show. As well as keep me watching.

Anyway this is the Emily/Felicity thankfully the actress is doing good work I have nothing to complain about.. So moving on


Quote:
Yeah each to their own. I'm just saying in general the hot guy dates the hot girl. Felicity is a difficult one to judge given the actress is actually hot, most female IT hackers don't look like that if we're truthful.
Most of TV nerds are hot though, but shows and movies want us to believe that they arent by making them wear glasses lol.


Last edited by Ryder; 06-03-2013 at 05:31 PM.
Ryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 02:28 PM   #47
Neptune
Uchiha!
 
Neptune's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: out awesoming all over the place
Posts: 2,847
Default Re: The Emily Bett Rickards/ Felicity Smoak Thread

If Felicity is actually that smart, why is she still wearing glasses instead of lenses huh?

__________________
Deadpool:"Logan, buddy. We missed you. Weapon X just hasn't been the same without you. Nobody calls me bub anymore."

Proud Co-founder of Gambit’s Royal Flush
Neptune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 03:59 PM   #48
Dr Lee
Feet first into hell
 
Dr Lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 12,204
Default Re: The Emily Bett Rickards/ Felicity Smoak Thread

Funny you should mention the glasses.... I saw an interview with the actress on YouTube where she seemed to say that she had felicity not wear her glasses when undercover.... Doesn't answer your point though.

__________________
Dan Weldon
1978 - 2011
Dr Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 08:45 PM   #49
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra
 
Dark Raven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Tall and tan and young and lovely
Posts: 19,042
Default Re: The Emily Bett Rickards/ Felicity Smoak Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune View Post
If Felicity is actually that smart, why is she still wearing glasses instead of lenses huh?
Because not everyone can take lenses. Some hate putting things in their eyes or get eye infections easily. Some people just prefer wearing glasses for everyday use and only lenses when they have to dress up or go out.

__________________
Quote:
Anne Hathaway: "You did not just ask me that!! What a forward young man you are!!! My goodness!!"
Dark Raven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 12:57 AM   #50
Ryder
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 167
Default Re: The Emily Bett Rickards/ Felicity Smoak Thread

Quote:
If Felicity is actually that smart, why is she still wearing glasses instead of lenses huh?
LOL so smart people should wear lenses instead of glasses.


Quote:
I saw an interview with the actress on YouTube where she seemed to say that she had felicity not wear her glasses when undercover.... Doesn't answer your point though.
In hollywood If she wear lenses, then then we wont be able to tell that she is a nerdy/geek woman. Glasses solidifies that nerd/geek status according to them. So yeah Felicity could very well wear lenses, but for appearance sakes, they need her in glasses.

Quote:
A lot of the girl characters have an unfortunate character resemblance to Bella Swan, albeit a generally more sane and acceptable version. A peppy character is entertaining, but the CW's seen the serious girl with issue thing work out before
If they cast actress who look and act like bella swan, they are going to write characters like Bella swan.


Last edited by Ryder; 06-13-2013 at 01:14 AM.
Ryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:40 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.