kasjan
Side-Kick

Default Re: Hugh Jackman IS The Wolverine Thread

Logan vs Arkady has to be done!

Old 09-12-2013, 04:06 AM   #727
slumcat
The Non-Judgmentalist

A bad-****ing-ass image of Hugh Jackman from The Wolverine that I found. Jackman here looks like the embodiment of the character.

Click for full size, it is in great resolution and can be used as wallpaper and such.

Old 09-12-2013, 11:59 AM   #728
Spamtron
THE MAN

I find it hilarious reading the few people spouting HGH and steroid crap for Hugh's condition...
The guy has a top industry personal trainer dedicated with him for months surrounding each project, even spanning across multiple projects. When not shooting, they work out twice a day 6 days a week, with sometimes a bonus session thrown in. During shooting he is still getting in a session before and after each work day. Throughout it all is a regimented and perfect ratio 5000 calorie per day diet, consumed within only an 8 hour eating time frame.
If he was also taking HGH or steroids he'd be top tier Body builder material in any Mr. Olympia/Universe/whatever, and weighing in with 40+ more lbs of pure muscle.
Jackman has been the same basic lean muscular frame since his first go at the role 13+ years ago, just after years of good training and eating he is at the best shape he's been.
Those are some sad sacks who say they can't get in that kind of shape without steroids or HGH added to their routine. Pathetic. Get off your ass and do the work...

Last edited by Spamtron; 09-12-2013 at 12:50 PM.
Old 09-12-2013, 12:25 PM   #729
Super Film
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spamtron View Post
I find it hilarious reading the few people spouting HG and steroid crap for Hugh's condition...
The guy has a top industry personal trainer dedicated with him for months surrounding each project, even spanning across multiple projects. When not shooting, they work out twice a day 6 days a week, with sometimes a bonus session thrown in. During shooting he is still getting in a session before and after each work day. Throughout it all is a regimented and perfectly ratio 5000 calorie per day diet, consumed within only an 8 hour eating time frame.
If he was also taking HGH or steroids he'd be top tier Body builder material in any Mr. Olympia/Universe/whatever, and weighing in with 40+ more lbs of pure muscle.
Jackman has been the same basic lean muscular frame since his first go at the role 13+ years ago, just after years of good training and eating he is at the best shape he's been.
Those are some sad sacks who say they can't get in that kind of shape without steroids or HGH added to their routine. Pathetic. Get off your ass and do the work...
Definitely. His body is the result of the best that Hollywood money can buy. Top tier personal trainer, strict exercise and diet routines.

Let alone the fact that Hugh doesn't seem to be the kind of guy who would do that (although it's easy to be wrong about people when you don't know them).

Old 09-12-2013, 09:43 PM   #730
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

According to an interview on the web-site that shall not be named, Hugh has said this maybe his last time playing the character, do you guys think is true or is Hugh trying to create a little tension for the characters fate in DOFP?

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(4)Captain America: TWS-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)Sin City: ADTDF-7(15)300:ROAE-7(16)Million Ways To Die In The West-7(17)47 Ronin-6(18)Monuments Men-5(19)Ride Along-5(20)I, Frankenstein-3
Old 09-12-2013, 10:00 PM   #731
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

I think he'll comeback after DOFP.

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
Old 09-12-2013, 10:02 PM   #732
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
I think he'll comeback after DOFP.
Yeah I think he just trying to make people think his character dies in DOFP, just to add some tension to it, Logan has nearly died in all of the movies he has had a major part in so far so it wouldnt surprise me if he has another similar situation in this.

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(4)Captain America: TWS-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)Sin City: ADTDF-7(15)300:ROAE-7(16)Million Ways To Die In The West-7(17)47 Ronin-6(18)Monuments Men-5(19)Ride Along-5(20)I, Frankenstein-3
Old 09-13-2013, 12:06 AM   #733
def28
Side-Kick

After The Wolverine he better keep playing him. The older he gets the better the portrayal.

If that is the case, at least he's going out on a high note. Some actors are not as fortunate. Hope we see him in an AOA adaptation first though. This franchise is just starting to open possibilities and I'm not ready for a Wolverine recast after his last performance.

Last edited by def28; 09-13-2013 at 12:13 AM.
Old 09-13-2013, 08:42 PM   #734
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

http://x-menfilms.com/2013/09/13/dar...#comment-13575

Unused yellow costume!

"'Nuff said" - SM3
Old 09-14-2013, 03:03 PM   #735
nite-owl
Side-Kick

That looks really good it is a shame it wasn't in the movie.

Old 09-14-2013, 03:07 PM   #736
Nathan
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

I think it was for the better. When and why would he have put it on?

Old 09-14-2013, 03:24 PM   #737
Mars123
Side-Kick

Mmmm i don't think it would have worked in the wolverine or even in DOFP , the only way it might if they have bright costumes in the past. I doubt it,

Old 09-14-2013, 05:29 PM   #738
dark_b
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spamtron View Post
I find it hilarious reading the few people spouting HGH and steroid crap for Hugh's condition...
The guy has a top industry personal trainer dedicated with him for months surrounding each project, even spanning across multiple projects. When not shooting, they work out twice a day 6 days a week, with sometimes a bonus session thrown in. During shooting he is still getting in a session before and after each work day. Throughout it all is a regimented and perfect ratio 5000 calorie per day diet, consumed within only an 8 hour eating time frame.
the biggest lie and myth in human history. that if you take steroids you will become a big bodybuiilder.

those are not the 90's anymore. its 2013. internet is cheap and has all the information that you need. 1 hour. google about gear for training for 1 hour and you will know everything that you need. gear makes you bigger. bigger is not the same as big. gear will not make you big. it will make you bigger. if you are skinny you will be bigger. if you are big you will be even more big.
people are throwing ''training twice a day with 5000 kcal '' way to easy. the more you train the more calories you need. thats more proof that they need gear to have muscle protein synthesis.

only people who dont work out are saying that actors in hollywood are not taking steroids. professional athletes and trainers think they do. how funny who is right and who is wrong.

i can not belive that in 2013 some people still think that you need 30g of protein after your workout to have optimal muscle gains. yes the homo sapiens that is on this earth for 1000 years needs food right after the workout. dear lord.

Old 09-14-2013, 05:35 PM   #739
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
I think it was for the better. When and why would he have put it on?
Precisely.

People blindly want it that they don't consider why he'd wear it, why the mask has big ears? why it's bright yellow? and such.

Look at Batman Begins.

He had a reason to wear a costume, it protected his body.
He had a reason to wear the mask, it protected his head and hid his identity
He had a reason for the cape, it could be used to distract enemies and glide.
He had a reason for the mask to resemble a bat, he wanted to strike fear into criminals.

For the costume to work, it has to have a reason.

He doesn't need it for protection, never hid his identity before now, only think i can think of is the ears having some kind of stealth something or other to make him undetectable from Sentinels, but he'll be in the past.

(90%-100% = Excellent. 80%-90% = Great. 70%-80% = Very Good. 60%-70% = Good. 50%-60% = Okay.
40%-50% = Mediocre. 30%-40% = Poor. 20%-30% = Bad. 0%-20% = Awful)
Old 09-14-2013, 06:08 PM   #740
Mars123
Side-Kick

I agree with these comments regarding when would it have been used in the wolverine?! In the past I've said the only exception might be in DOFP in the 70s segments as it will look retro, he would have looked like that in the 70s comics etc but I can't see how it would have been used in the wolverine or in any future films.

Wolverines 6th major outing, I doubt the old costume will ever appear in these batch of films. Maybe in a reboot??

Old 09-14-2013, 07:51 PM   #741
narrows101
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
According to an interview on the web-site that shall not be named, Hugh has said this maybe his last time playing the character, do you guys think is true or is Hugh trying to create a little tension for the characters fate in DOFP?
He's now promoting "Prisoners" (out this week), and he's said pretty much the same when asked in all of the interviews. He's going to be 45 in October and he says it gets harder to train, plus there has to be a "good reason" to do another. He's getting great notices for "Prisoners" (in an uncrowded year, pundits are saying he would get an Oscar nom as this movie is his best work, but they think he will miss out because this year is just so crowded. Great, and last year there was Daniel Day-Lewis and I bet if he wasn't there he would have won. But I digress....).

I do think he sees the end of the line, especially if he will be getting the Oscar-caliber scripts now.

Old 09-14-2013, 08:52 PM   #742
mocomic
Philistian by choice

A good reason is a big payday. It's called posturing. It's what RDJ did concerning a2 and a3.
Make a offer to good to refuse and he would return. Let DOFP do a billion and he'll get a 50 million deal for AOA . It is a business and Hollywood .

Old 09-14-2013, 10:16 PM   #743
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mars123 View Post
Wolverines 6th major outing, I doubt the old costume will ever appear in these batch of films. Maybe in a reboot??
I get you. The previous X-Men films already established the *look* of these characters and in DOFP, they are keeping the black color in the costumes.

"'Nuff said" - SM3
Old 09-15-2013, 03:11 AM   #744
Mars123
Side-Kick

I wonder if the FC will get a costumes? If so, wolverine may get a more yellow inspired costume. That navy/yellow look in the past.

Old 09-15-2013, 04:12 PM   #745
Legion
Side-Kick

Quote:
Darn...that looks pretty sweet!

Old 09-16-2013, 09:41 AM   #746
kasjan
Side-Kick

Hope Wolverine will back, but not as Ultimate Cable.

Old 09-16-2013, 11:09 AM   #747
BoredGuy
Killing Time

Quote:
that does look really cool, more proof it could totally work
but didn't this guy also refute that it was made for the movie??
I mean, maybe he's just tryin to cover his ass...

Old 09-16-2013, 02:01 PM   #748
Spamtron
THE MAN

Th Wink Re: Hugh Jackman IS The Wolverine Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_b View Post
the biggest lie and myth in human history. that if you take steroids you will become a big bodybuiilder.

those are not the 90's anymore. its 2013. internet is cheap and has all the information that you need. 1 hour. google about gear for training for 1 hour and you will know everything that you need. gear makes you bigger. bigger is not the same as big. gear will not make you big. it will make you bigger. if you are skinny you will be bigger. if you are big you will be even more big.
people are throwing ''training twice a day with 5000 kcal '' way to easy. the more you train the more calories you need. thats more proof that they need gear to have muscle protein synthesis.

only people who dont work out are saying that actors in hollywood are not taking steroids. professional athletes and trainers think they do. how funny who is right and who is wrong.

i can not belive that in 2013 some people still think that you need 30g of protein after your workout to have optimal muscle gains. yes the homo sapiens that is on this earth for 1000 years needs food right after the workout. dear lord.
You should try reading some actual valid information on that interweb you speak of... instead of making assumptions that those making statements don't work out and may have about 25 years experience in how a body actually reacts to training and diet. All of us don't rely quotes from 22 yr old "personal trainers" talking about their opinions online from looking at pictures of some other person's workout results.
I am not making blanket statements about every dude bulking up in Hollywood, I am referring to the current thread subject. Show me your anecdotal proof that Jackman is taking steroids, because by your own contradictory statements your post makes no sense, and obviously doesn't come from your own experience.
Just another jaded individual that doesn't think you can get in Hugh shape without taking steroids? Let me know what your workout and diet is, let's see your results of training... and I'll tell you where you are going wrong. I am happy to help out.

BTW maybe I am not savvy to the terms the young-ins are throwing around now, does "gear" = steroids or HGH?

Old 09-16-2013, 02:51 PM   #749
BoredGuy
Killing Time

alright alright, this 'roids' discussion is going nowhere
maybe Jackman's clean, maybe not, we normies will never know

at least we can all agree that the Rock is juicin' though, right??
lol

Old 09-16-2013, 03:47 PM   #750
Loki882
Side-Kick

I've NEVER been a fan of the yellow costume. It looks kind of stupid and given Wolverine's personality, I've never seen him as a guy who would bother with a costume. Jackman looks much more badass without a costume. Now, if he were to wear his black and grey X-Force costume, I'd be fine with that, its awesome. I could even be ok with the orange costume. However, Jackman doesn't need a costume.

Closed Thread