Old 09-16-2013, 04:17 PM   #751
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Default Re: Hugh Jackman IS The Wolverine Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoredGuy View Post
alright alright, this 'roids' discussion is going nowhere
maybe Jackman's clean, maybe not, we normies will never know

at least we can all agree that the Rock is juicin' though, right??
lol
Hehe.. Well, I think the important thing is not to put actors on pedestals, as though they are gods who have magically beautiful faces and bodies. They use all the tricks available. Anyone who googles 'celebrities without make-up' can see many (mostly female) actors before they trowelled on the foundation and concealer.

Expert hair make-up, cosmetic procedures of all kinds (from hair transplants on men - you can see Christopher Meloni's quite clearly on L&O:SVU - to major surgery), injections of steroids and HGH (Sylvester Stallone was arrested carrying HGH into Australia). They're all at it. I'm actually quite envious they have the financial means (and entourage of experts) to look as fabulous as they do, but it's also heartening to see that they are really quite normal looking!

Old 09-16-2013, 04:42 PM   #752
JP
Smelly

Well of course certain Hollywood actors juice. But since they're not competing in major league sports, there's nothing particularly wrong with it. Just taboo.

Old 09-17-2013, 08:42 PM   #753
narrows101
Side-Kick

Look who's walking with Hugh and his daughter Ava, found at Getty Images:

: NEW YORK, NY - SEPTEMBER 17: (L-R) Famke Janssen, Ava Eliot Jackman and Hugh Jackman are seen in Soho on September 17, 2013 in New York City. (Photo by Alo Ceballos/FilmMagic)

Old 09-17-2013, 08:59 PM   #754
MarvelU
Side-Kick

In before Cyclops marks get upset.

Old 09-17-2013, 09:03 PM   #755
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by narrows101 View Post
Look who's walking with Hugh and his daughter Ava, found at Getty Images:

: NEW YORK, NY - SEPTEMBER 17: (L-R) Famke Janssen, Ava Eliot Jackman and Hugh Jackman are seen in Soho on September 17, 2013 in New York City. (Photo by Alo Ceballos/FilmMagic)
Is that Famke Jannsen? Yeah its her!

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
Old 09-19-2013, 10:27 AM   #756
Spamtron
THE MAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
I've NEVER been a fan of the yellow costume. It looks kind of stupid and given Wolverine's personality, I've never seen him as a guy who would bother with a costume. Jackman looks much more badass without a costume. Now, if he were to wear his black and grey X-Force costume, I'd be fine with that, its awesome. I could even be ok with the orange costume. However, Jackman doesn't need a costume.
Totally agree, no need to mess up a good movie translation from comic book world so far with a spandex looking outfit. And personally I enjoyed the more usable 1st class style battle suits over the leather X1-X3 interpretation.

Last edited by Spamtron; 09-19-2013 at 10:30 AM.
Old 09-19-2013, 10:28 AM   #757
JP
Smelly

Reminiscing about DoFP filming.

Old 09-19-2013, 11:01 AM   #758
Loki882
Side-Kick

Huh, does Famke EVER age, my word. Also, careful Hugh, the Cyclops fans will be mad.

Old 09-19-2013, 11:10 PM   #759
DOFP
Side-Kick

Okay, so Famke is obviously good friends with Hugh and Bryan, (via last weeks tweet) soooo, what I'm getting at is, she has to be in the movie right? It would be messed up, if the whole family got a reunion except for Famke & James, which I rrrrreally believe that they have to be in this movie.

Old 09-19-2013, 11:30 PM   #760
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Well in my opinion, they shouldn't just resurrect/bring back a character just because the actor is close to the cast/crew of the film.

"'Nuff said" - SM3
Old 09-20-2013, 03:32 AM   #761
Mrs Vimes
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by narrows101 View Post
I do think he sees the end of the line, especially if he will be getting the Oscar-caliber scripts now.
I hope that's the case; don't get me wrong Jackman is awesome as Wolverine but at this stage he can probably play him in his sleep. I'd just rather see Hugh go for the roles that really push him as an actor.

Old 09-20-2013, 12:22 PM   #762
danoyse
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator

Speaking of which, Prisoners opens this weekend.

Old 09-21-2013, 12:19 AM   #763
SAUspartan
Kurtty Fan

I saw it today! It was Fantastic. Hugh killed it. Serious it was well worth the $9.25. I would recommend seeing it if you can.

Old 09-21-2013, 03:21 AM   #764
slumcat
The Non-Judgmentalist

About the roid thing. I recently heard a podcast with Scott Snyder and he said that Hugh Jackman has to take steroids to get that big. And he said it so casually as if it were the most common thing in the world, making me think he had known other actors taking it or maybe he simply doesn't know.

But this much is certain, Jackman is very very very disciplined. He looks like a body builder because he trains like one. He follows the routine day in day out. He routinely takes as much rest required, as many calories required, as many supplements required, trains 3 hours a day. He does all the body building tricks before his shirtless shots. He basically treats his shirtless shot like a body builder treats his stage appearance. He's water-depleted, tanned and all that jazz for maximum impact.

What I am saying is that with the lifestyle that Jackman is living, constantly in training for the last decade, I think he is very likely to be natural. Though he might have tried gear at some point in his life.

Old 09-21-2013, 12:46 PM   #765
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Scott Snyder is DC isn't he? I wouldn't necessarily take his word as gospel regarding *their* Distinguished Competition.

Old 09-21-2013, 01:58 PM   #766
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Well, it really doesn't matter if Jackman does get some artificial help in his bodybuilding. It just isn't important. Even if he does, or did, then he'd have had expert supervision.

It really amuses me (and to some extent annoys me) that we live in such a celebrity culture that people so easily idolise the way famous people look. Some friends of mine in Facebook were cooing over how amazing Cher looks for 67. Well, she has good bone structure and is naturally slim, but how soon people forget the other stuff that helps her look amazing: plastic surgery, expert make-up, wigs, Photoshop, fitness experts, nutrition experts, an army of helpers doing every single thing for her, and basically not having any of the stresses and strains most normal people have to put up with (worrying about money, losing their jobs in this crappy economy, working all hours in the office and at home, trying to bring up children, etc). I know someone who just had a nervous breakdown over all the stresses they were facing, and my neighbour has lost her job three times in the past five years and now looks really ragged and haggard from all the worry of trying to bring up her two young children. Cher doesn't have any of that stuff going on.

So let's not idolise these megastars too much.

Old 09-21-2013, 03:32 PM   #767
mocomic
Philistian by choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
Well, it really doesn't matter if Jackman does get some artificial help in his bodybuilding. It just isn't important. Even if he does, or did, then he'd have had expert supervision.

It really amuses me (and to some extent annoys me) that we live in such a celebrity culture that people so easily idolise the way famous people look. Some friends of mine in Facebook were cooing over how amazing Cher looks for 67. Well, she has good bone structure and is naturally slim, but how soon people forget the other stuff that helps her look amazing: plastic surgery, expert make-up, wigs, Photoshop, fitness experts, nutrition experts, an army of helpers doing every single thing for her, and basically not having any of the stresses and strains most normal people have to put up with (worrying about money, losing their jobs in this crappy economy, working all hours in the office and at home, trying to bring up children, etc). I know someone who just had a nervous breakdown over all the stresses they were facing, and my neighbour has lost her job three times in the past five years and now looks really ragged and haggard from all the worry of trying to bring up her two young children. Cher doesn't have any of that stuff going on.

You don't think having Chasity Bono for a daughter or Greg Allman for a husband ever caused Cher stress?
Never any money stress I'm sure. But there is stress in everyone's life.

Last edited by mocomic; 09-21-2013 at 03:33 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 09-21-2013, 04:38 PM   #768
danoyse
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAUspartan View Post
I saw it today! It was Fantastic. Hugh killed it. Serious it was well worth the $9.25. I would recommend seeing it if you can.
I saw it this afternoon. It excellent. As well as dark, disturbing, and somewhat terrifying in more than a few scenes.

Old 09-21-2013, 07:25 PM   #769
Snikt
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by danoyse View Post
I saw it this afternoon. It excellent. As well as dark, disturbing, and somewhat terrifying in more than a few scenes.
Oscar nomination in the future you see? (Sorry, been watching Star Wars today, too much Yoda )

Old 09-21-2013, 08:01 PM   #770
danoyse
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snikt View Post
Oscar nomination in the future you see? (Sorry, been watching Star Wars today, too much Yoda )
I'd be all for it, but it's early in the season and it's a pretty crowded year, so who knows? Both he and Jake Gyllenhaal are definitely deserving, though.

Old 09-21-2013, 11:36 PM   #771
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

If there's an Oscars for superhero/CB films, Hugh Jackman should get a nomination for Outstanding lead Actor and win it!

"'Nuff said" - SM3
Old 09-22-2013, 02:26 AM   #772
slumcat
The Non-Judgmentalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnDz0n3 View Post
Scott Snyder is DC isn't he? I wouldn't necessarily take his word as gospel regarding *their* Distinguished Competition.
He was very warmly praising Jackman for the way he looked in The Wolverine, not criticizing him.

Old 09-22-2013, 02:27 AM   #773
slumcat
The Non-Judgmentalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post

I think it is an impressive physical achievement and people feel inspired and motivated to work towards their own goals after seeing what he has achieved.

Old 09-22-2013, 02:35 PM   #774
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by slumcat View Post
He was very warmly praising Jackman for the way he looked in The Wolverine, not criticizing him.
I didn't listen to the podcast (I really only read about it from your post) but I wouldn't necessarily call someone saying I'm taking steroids as someone who's "warmly praising" me.

Old 09-23-2013, 01:39 AM   #775
BeholdMe
Storm Disciple

Jackman could very well be truthful when he hints this may be his last X Film, he may want to venture into other things or have more time with his family instead of the work he put in to look like he did in TW. Just because he wouldnt want to continue at the time does not mean Wolverine dies.

Storm #3-September 24 2014-Please support our Goddess
Closed Thread