Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2013, 05:04 AM   #776
slumcat
The Non-Judgmentalist

Default Re: Hugh Jackman IS The Wolverine Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnDz0n3 View Post
I didn't listen to the podcast (I really only read about it from your post) but I wouldn't necessarily call someone saying I'm taking steroids as someone who's "warmly praising" me.
I tried to find the podcast so that u could listen first hand but I for the life of me cannot find it nor the name.

But the way he said it was he was actually commending Jackman that he goes to extreme ends to look great for the role. So he was praising him.

Last edited by slumcat; 09-23-2013 at 05:10 AM.
Old 09-23-2013, 07:23 AM   #777
slumcat
The Non-Judgmentalist

Have you guys seen this The Wolverine artwork.

This is the sequence of the Shingen fight with R RATED material that was not in the theatrical cut.

Why is Wolverine drawn with a diaper? lol

Old 09-23-2013, 12:12 PM   #778
Snikt
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by slumcat View Post
Have you guys seen this The Wolverine artwork.

This is the sequence of the Shingen fight with R RATED material that was not in the theatrical cut.

Why is Wolverine drawn with a diaper? lol
We pretty much got this in the theatrical cut. He stabs Shingen through the throat/neck area then pulls the sword out of his chest.

Old 09-23-2013, 12:43 PM   #779
slumcat
The Non-Judgmentalist

We don't see the claws entering the throat in a graphic manner, in the director's cut we will see blood gush out I am sure.

And of course the angles are all different in the film. We see him from the side while withdrawing the sword, so we don't see the wound which get an R Rating.

Old 09-23-2013, 01:33 PM   #780
Snikt
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by slumcat View Post
We don't see the claws entering the throat in a graphic manner, in the director's cut we will see blood gush out I am sure.

And of course the angles are all different in the film. We see him from the side while withdrawing the sword, so we don't see the wound which get an R Rating.
Ahh. Very true. But I always assume we never see blood squirting out of Wolvie is because the wound heals around the sword.

Old 09-23-2013, 01:37 PM   #781
Nathan

I totally expected him to bleed out of his hands all the time, when his healing factor got nerfed.

Old 09-23-2013, 09:50 PM   #782
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

I actually really liked the silhouetted version from the film.

Old 09-23-2013, 10:00 PM   #783
Nathan

I still hope that one day, in the far future, we will get a nice R rated Wolverine Movie. I'm not into the gore, but sometimes I just want to see what serious damage he can cause with the claws. I'm all for creative deaths, that aren't uber gory and you can use your imagination, as to what happened to the poor fellow. But even then I'd like to at least see a pool of blood on the floor.

I recently listened to a Spill audio review, and they guys were right when they said, Wolverine needs to be pretty much Marvel's Riddick. Just a nice, small budget R rated Movie, where Wolverine does what he does best.

Old 09-24-2013, 12:44 AM   #784
slumcat
The Non-Judgmentalist

I think that's one of the films failures. It was a smaller film compared to other superhero films but still a big film. The cliamx was fully CGI with the metal armor and what not.

Even the train sequence was entirely CGI.

Old 09-25-2013, 03:25 PM   #785
AndrewGilkison
Side-Kick

Wolverine is too popular and well known of a franchise character to get the low budget R-rated Riddick treatment. Not gonna happen.

Old 10-13-2013, 07:36 AM   #786
narrows101
Side-Kick

Hugh performed his Broadway one-man show at a benefit for the Motion Picture Television Fund before catching a flight to Beijing for "The Wolverine" premiere. Deadline.com's Pete Hammond was in the audience and reports:

Quote:
Hugh Jackman Brings In $1.85 Million In Major Saturday Night Dolby Theatre Benefit For MPTF
By PETE HAMMOND | Sunday October 13, 2013

Hugh Jackman proved Wolverine has the stuff as his “One Night Only” concert at the Dolby Theatre raised $1.85 million dollars for the Motion Picture & Television Fund Saturday night in Hollywood. Each year the MPTF has produced a musical evening saluting the best of Broadway shows turned into movies, but this year 20th Century Fox Chairman and CEO Jim Gianopulos decided to shake it up and ask frequent host Jackman to stage his hit Broadway one-man show as a benefit for the fund. To say it was a hit is an understatement. Many in the audience had flown in from as far away as Sydney, Australia for the opportunity of seeing Jackman (who is also again a Best Actor Oscar contender this year for his wrenching role in Prisoners) perform his act and it also drew a major Hollywood contingent including stars like Tom Cruise and studio heads such as MPTF topper Jeffrey Katzenberg and Universal’s Donna Langley who watched her Les Miserables star perform a song from that film to a standing ovation.

Among other highlights Jackman reprised his Tony winning performance in a medley of Peter Allen songs from The Boy From Oz. He also performed numbers from Guys And Dolls and Carousel, both iconic musicals he had been tapped in the recent past to remake at Fox. Neither is currently on Jackman’s agenda. Instead I hear the long-gestating P.T. Barnum musical is near a go at Fox, with Jackman as the famed impresario finally becoming a reality at last for the big screen, a role that was reported in his future as far back as 2009. The film will be an original musical, Moulin Rouge-style I hear with Dreamgirls’ Laurence Mark among the producing team. As far as I’m concerned the more musicals Jackman does, the better. As evidenced on stage Saturday he is in a class by himself when it comes to an entertainer who can do it all.

The show , which ran nearly three hours , included a live auction run by Jackman that ran up the total proceeds for the evening. Among items sold for thousands were a pair of customized Wolverine claws, tickets to the 2014 premiere of X-Men: Days Of Future Past, an original Wolverine signed jacket, a Panerai watch, and a Fiat 500e personalized by Jackman that went for $50,000. Three people also bought an opportunity to screen “an upcoming 20th Century Fox film” for 60 of their friends. Fortunately it won’t be Runner Runner.

Although this was a public event, the tone was very inside. Sitting in the front row, Fox advertising guru Tony Sella got the most mentions of the evening with Jackman bringing his name up at least 15 times, a reference sure to be lost on most of the crowd. He also talked incessantly about his publicist Alan Nierob who was there with his 88 year old father (who got a lot of attention). Gianopulos was also mentioned frequently by the star - and in a very postive light - and came out at the end to return the praise to Jackman and the tireless work he does to benefit MPTF. The Fox leader and his wife, Ann once again chaired the successful event as they do every year.

Before the show I spoke with Gianopulos who is clearly very high on their Fall slate, particularly award-magnets The Book Thief and The Secret Life Of Walter Mitty. He should be. Both films, which premiered last week at the Mill Valley and New York Film Festivals, were well received in their fest debuts and should do well with audiences which could translate into some awards action for the studio which also sports an early Oscar front runner in 12 Years A Slave from specialty unit Searchlight (whose Co-President Nancy Utley was among those applauding Jackman).

Saturday also happened to be Jackman’s 45th birthday and wife Deb led the crowd in singing Happy Birthday to her husband. But it was no rest for the weary as Jackman wasted no time in heading for the airport after the show to board a plane for China shortly after one in the morning in order to promote Fox’ latest Wolverine movie.
http://www.deadline.com/2013/10/hugh...efit-for-mptf/

"It's not just that they don't make 'em like Hugh Jackman anymore - they never did."

"Hugh Jackman cruised in to a roaring crowd oozing more sex appeal then Prince Charming riding a horse called Charisma into the land of Suave."

"Hugh is not supposed to exist. You’re not supposed to be that macho, that tender and that athletic, and be able to sing." - Anne Hathaway

Last edited by narrows101; 10-13-2013 at 07:39 AM.
Old 10-14-2013, 08:29 AM   #787
narrows101
Side-Kick

In a story on Hugh's one-many show, some auction items were mentioned, including DOFP:

Quote:
After the surprise birthday celebration, the audience participated in a live auction to benefit MPTF with Wolverine claw auction paddles. Auction items included: a Panerai watch (which went for $10,000), originally one Delta Air Lines and FOX “X Men: Days of Future Past” Premiere package was to be sold, but due to popularity two were eventually sold ($13,000 each), three Dolby screening experiences, and since this was another popular auction item FOX Filmed Entertainment CEO Jim Gionopulos threw in two more screening on the FOX lot ($13,000 each), a jacket signed and worn by Jackman during the filming of “X-Men Origins: Wolverine” ($15,000), two shirts, literally, off of Jackman’s back that night and signed ($11,000 each), two sets of Wolverine claws Jackman wore during filming ($9,000 each), and a Fiat 500e vehicle, individually personalized by Jackman ($50,000 purchase by Bob Daly). Darren Criss was one of the live auction winners as well. The FIAT brand donated ten of its all-new, all-electric Fiat 500e vehicles in support of the event. Each have been individually personalized by some of Hollywood’s biggest stars, including Ron Howard, Kate Hudson, Clint Eastwood, Barbra Streisand, Hans Zimmer, Anne Hathaway, Snoop Lion, Jennifer Lawrence and will.i.am and Ryan Friedlinghaus. All except for Jackman’s Fiat 500e will be auctioned off on eBay at www.ebay.com/MPTF and will also benefit MPTF. The auction items in total raised almost $170,000 for the MPTF.

"It's not just that they don't make 'em like Hugh Jackman anymore - they never did."

"Hugh Jackman cruised in to a roaring crowd oozing more sex appeal then Prince Charming riding a horse called Charisma into the land of Suave."

"Hugh is not supposed to exist. You’re not supposed to be that macho, that tender and that athletic, and be able to sing." - Anne Hathaway
Old 10-24-2013, 10:33 PM   #788
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

I really like Wolverine's new costume!

"Don't ever do that again" - X3
"They'll find us they'll always do" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
Old 10-25-2013, 10:27 AM   #789
Loki882
Side-Kick

It's extraordinary that the older Jackman gets, the MORE that he looks like Wolverine. Also, is that the hilt of a Katana in his lap there? It sure looks like one.

Old 10-25-2013, 10:47 AM   #790
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Looks familiar.

[/QUOTE]

Old 10-25-2013, 11:18 AM   #791
slumcat
The Non-Judgmentalist

Badass beyond words. He is THE Wolverine in that pic.

Old 10-25-2013, 11:50 AM   #792
Bim
Side-Kick

I seriously love that Jackman pic, wow.

If Jack Bauer joined the Rebel Alliance, 24 hours later there would be no Empire :p
Old 10-25-2013, 12:01 PM   #793
Loki882
Side-Kick

I love how he seemingly doesn't give a crap about all the gunshot wounds. Also, I wonder where he got the sword that's in his lap?

Old 10-25-2013, 12:19 PM   #794
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

i still have to question if it is a sword, it could be one of them practise sticks things you practise sword fighting with so he doesn't kill people but can defend himself

i can't really tell from the shape, it looks more round then flat like a sword, but its not a good shot to tell, it might just be how its on his lap

Old 10-25-2013, 09:27 PM   #795
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

So its clear that now he has the grey hair from the start of the film.

"Don't ever do that again" - X3
"They'll find us they'll always do" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
Old 10-27-2013, 12:44 PM   #796
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Old 10-27-2013, 01:19 PM   #797
Loki882
Side-Kick

The difference is that A. Logan was NOT engaged to Mariko, and B. He actually gave a crap about her and didn't try and have her killed.

Old 10-27-2013, 08:09 PM   #798
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

But *SHE's engaged to horny Japanese guy

Old 10-27-2013, 08:59 PM   #799
Bren
Forevernoob

She was engaged.

Off limits.

End of story.

(scene with red underpant guy was still brilliant )

Old 10-27-2013, 09:08 PM   #800
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
The movie was good but of course that scene was silly. Cute scene but silly.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
Closed Thread