The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2013, 03:19 PM   #126
Angamb
Banned User

Default Re: Hugh Jackman IS The Wolverine Thread

what do Avengers have to do with the point we were discussing on previous comments?

Old 06-12-2013, 03:25 PM   #127
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
This, This, This.

For most of the GA, their idea of a character is entirely wrapped up in how they appear in other media. Of course the GA loves Wolverine more than the others: Fox purposely made Wolverine the dominant figure from the start. They give him the cool one liners, someone elses love interest as his main one, and a pretty boy lead for people to pine over/want to be.

The GA dosen't know that Cyclops is a much bigger badass in the comics, one that wouldn't put up with Logan stealing his vechicles.

The GA dosen't know that Rogue is a feisty southern belle who can actually kick ass.

The GA dosen't know that Storm is a warrior, not a character with a shifting personality with an average performance from Halle Berry.

There's more examples, but basically Fox hasnt scratched the surface with these characters, mainly because all they care about is Logan for the most part.
:

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
Old 06-12-2013, 03:39 PM   #128
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
what do Avengers have to do with the point we were discussing on previous comments?

Why do you keep coming into a thread - one that you asked someone to create because you didn't want to see Wolverine comments in another thread - to keep going on about Wolverine?

Old 06-12-2013, 03:52 PM   #129
Angamb
Banned User

maybe because I like to share my opinions too, like the rest of the users are doing these latest days, and curiously, its the same opinion as mine.

And why do I keep getting the feeling all these months that you have a problem with me?

Am I breaking any rule or its just a personal issue from you?

Old 06-12-2013, 04:59 PM   #130
The Batman
The Dark Knight

Quote:

Yeah...his argument is a particularly bad one, and kinda misses the point.

Old 06-12-2013, 05:20 PM   #131
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
maybe because I like to share my opinions too, like the rest of the users are doing these latest days, and curiously, its the same opinion as mine.

And why do I keep getting the feeling all these months that you have a problem with me?

Am I breaking any rule or its just a personal issue from you?
No, you've been causing problems that I've been getting complaints about, which is why I keep having to talk to you, because that's my job here.

At least twice, when other people wanted to express opinions or post things about a character you didn't like, you essentially told them to stay off of that thread or make a new one. Then you go hang out in that thread.

Not stopping anyone from having an opinion. You can burn Wolverine posters in effigy for all I care. I'm just making sure folks are getting along, and being respectful of each other's opinions.

Old 06-12-2013, 05:33 PM   #132
Angamb
Banned User

causing problems?

well, I was just trying to have some order, and since we can create other topics, I dont see how is wrong to suggest other users to create a topic for that issue, specially if its Hugh Jackman/Wolverine, an issue that creates so much discussion.

Is that to cause problems?

If so, then I dont know how should be called people repeating the same opinios about certain issues to ALL the users, on all the topics, something that could be called as being "a troll"

But at least I havent told this to any administrator or moderator, since I have accepted the attitude of those users/user.

And if someone has had a problem with a previous comment of mine, they can tell me about it personally, by pm, same as you.

But for some reason, neither they or you have contacted to me by pm, a more private and direct way to resolve things.

But for some reason, you preffer to post it on the topics, when maybe I could not read them sometimes.

There is a list or rules, and I think I havent broken any, and I feel like many users would agree with me on this one.

So if one day, I break a rule, feel free to tell me by pm and I will apologize and wont do it again.

But as of now, I have only expressed my opinion. If some fans dont like my opinion or suggestion sometimes, its how it is, just my opinion. So there is no reason to call it "a problem" or saying Im causing problems. Thats totally out of context and unfair, to say the least.

Old 06-12-2013, 05:41 PM   #133
Melapi
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farren View Post
I'm perfectly fine with Jean and Logan having a mutual attraction to one another, and with that resulting in some tension/dramz in the mansion. But the fact is, they barely spent any time together. Sorry, I'm not sold that she is the love of his life and that his heart is crushed by her death.
Their relationship was merely UST, not enough to destroy Wolverine.

Old 06-12-2013, 05:48 PM   #134
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

I was pointing out the fact some here are expectin X-Men films to perfectly
match the comics but expect no such things from Disney/MS,Spider-man films,
Dark Knight trilogy,and Man of steel and prasies them.

I knew full well Avengers was mismatch between 616 and ultimates.So was
Amazing Spider-man.That alone shows It's not perfect adaptan of eather 616
or ultimates.And film Is called Marvel's avengers not the Ultimates.The point
was never about matchup If others complain GA doesn't know things from X-Men
comics It can easily be pointed out GA don't know things on real Avengers
eather.And point can be made about nearly every comic adaptian.

Wolverine was most popular X-Man long before Hugh jackman played him.I know
some want to ignore that but it's true.

There are 2 things I have hated with marvel comics

1:Changes that came from Grant morrison's run on new X-Men
2:Ultimate line

Complaning about faithlness Is losing battle with various historys of characters.with marvel you have 2.with Superman and batman you got tons with DC's consent changing of historys and various earths.

Some are wanting X-Men be held to stranded they don't hold other superhero films to.

Old 06-12-2013, 06:04 PM   #135
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
No ones expecting a perfect adaptation of any material. Thats never happened with Marvel or DC, Maybe people just think those other franchises have done a better job at their characters potential then the X-Men. You've seen what happens with fans when the MCU goes off base of a character as well. The Mandarin reaction was pretty brutal and thats a low level villain. Rogue, Storm and Cyclops are much more high profile and been in more films. A majority of people agree they have failed to develop why people liked them in the first place. It doesn't need to be 100% accurate, but if Writer/Directors decisions are underwhelming compared to the source then theres a reason people are disappointed. No one wants to see a weak damsel in distress version of Rogue.

Last edited by def28; 06-12-2013 at 06:21 PM.
Old 06-12-2013, 06:31 PM   #136
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
causing problems?

well, I was just trying to have some order, and since we can create other topics, I dont see how is wrong to suggest other users to create a topic for that issue, specially if its Hugh Jackman/Wolverine, an issue that creates so much discussion.

Is that to cause problems?

If so, then I dont know how should be called people repeating the same opinios about certain issues to ALL the users, on all the topics, something that could be called as being "a troll"

But at least I havent told this to any administrator or moderator, since I have accepted the attitude of those users/user.

And if someone has had a problem with a previous comment of mine, they can tell me about it personally, by pm, same as you.

But for some reason, neither they or you have contacted to me by pm, a more private and direct way to resolve things.

But for some reason, you preffer to post it on the topics, when maybe I could not read them sometimes.

There is a list or rules, and I think I havent broken any, and I feel like many users would agree with me on this one.

So if one day, I break a rule, feel free to tell me by pm and I will apologize and wont do it again.

But as of now, I have only expressed my opinion. If some fans dont like my opinion or suggestion sometimes, its how it is, just my opinion. So there is no reason to call it "a problem" or saying Im causing problems. Thats totally out of context and unfair, to say the least.
What you were doing was telling people what they could or couldn't post, simply because you didn't want to see that. That's not your job here. People can post what they want, as long as it stays on-topic and within the rules of the forum, and you can choose to ignore those posts if they are about a subject or character that you do not like.

You did not have the right to tell people to go find their own sandbox to play in. No one had been doing anything wrong in the theads you complained on in the first place.

Now we have a thread about this character that you don't like, but you seem to be spending a lot of time here, even more so now that it's taken a turn for the negative. Considering your past attitude towards fans of this character, it raises a red flag. There haven't been any problems in this thread so far, but I am watching it closely to make sure the criticism stays levelled at Wolverine, not Wolverine fans, which has happened in the past.

When people feel they've been treated unfairly by you (or anyone else), they are not coming to you to complain. They're coming to me. Again, because that's my job here. And they have been coming to me, which is why I've had to reply to your posts a lot recently.

Just try to remember that all opinions, even the ones you disagree with, are allowed here. They are free to express them without being told to go somewhere else to express them.

Old 06-12-2013, 06:42 PM   #137
Great Mind(s)
Broken

Anyone think Yukio's line in The Wolverine "I saw you die" will foreshadow DOFP?

Old 06-12-2013, 06:52 PM   #138
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Mind(s) View Post
Anyone think Yukio's line in The Wolverine "I saw you die" will foreshadow DOFP?
Could be...

Old 06-12-2013, 08:45 PM   #139
DOFP
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Mind(s) View Post

Haha, when I herd her say that, that was the first thing that went to my head.

Old 06-12-2013, 11:41 PM   #140
Infinity9999x
Side-Kick

Watching the new trailer, you can see in the scene where Logan gets blown through the wall that the claws on his rout hand are definitely cut. I'll be interested if they'll keep that look for DOFP. Or if they'll have the claws on his right hand grow back as bone, his healing ability should do that, unless the blade used is that special blade...

Old 06-13-2013, 03:52 AM   #141
BeholdMe
Storm Disciple

Quote:
When will people get films are different than comics.

Let's compare comics the Avengers,and since they called It the avengers and
not ultimates the 616 will be used for this compassion,

The Avengers come together on own yet GA only knows Shield has to gather
each one
The GA only knows it takes death of coulson to get Avengers to go after Loki
The GA thinks Iron Man Is leading Avenger not Captain America like In Comics
The GA thinks Tony Stark hangs around the avengers outside armor
The GA thinks Black Widow and Hawkeye as shield agents
The GA thinks Hulk Is key Avenger
The GA thinks Bruce Banner Is kep part of Avengers
The GA thinks Nick Fury Is black

People are again playing this game when they praise all other comic book films that have massive changes but complain about X-Men doing the same.

MS films have changes as do the spider-man films and Batman and superman films Chris Nolan Is involved In.

We should be hoping for a decent and good adaptian true to spirit and we can see some things from comics but not expecting direct translation.And If your going to be demanding a direct translation you need to apply that to all and not just X-Men.
I never praised it being that i dont like the Avengers to began with. If I have a favorite character(s) that i grew up with and saw a certain way there is absolutelty nothing wrong with wanting to see them in the majority of the likeness that the comic book is,not completely but mostly being that it was the reason I loved the character in the first place.

Old 06-13-2013, 05:26 AM   #142
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
This, This, This.

For most of the GA, their idea of a character is entirely wrapped up in how they appear in other media. Of course the GA loves Wolverine more than the others: Fox purposely made Wolverine the dominant figure from the start. They give him the cool one liners, someone elses love interest as his main one, and a pretty boy lead for people to pine over/want to be.

The GA dosen't know that Cyclops is a much bigger badass in the comics, one that wouldn't put up with Logan stealing his vechicles.

The GA dosen't know that Rogue is a feisty southern belle who can actually kick ass.

The GA dosen't know that Storm is a warrior, not a character with a shifting personality with an average performance from Halle Berry.

There's more examples, but basically Fox hasnt scratched the surface with these characters, mainly because all they care about is Logan for the most part.

It does feel to me like many of the other characters have been short changed.

Old 06-13-2013, 06:47 PM   #143
narrows101
Side-Kick

On the cover of July/August Men's Fitness magazine. Bunch of photos and article.

http://www.imagebam.com/image/c9c98b260223762

"It's not just that they don't make 'em like Hugh Jackman anymore - they never did."

"Hugh Jackman cruised in to a roaring crowd oozing more sex appeal then Prince Charming riding a horse called Charisma into the land of Suave."

"Hugh is not supposed to exist. You’re not supposed to be that macho, that tender and that athletic, and be able to sing." - Anne Hathaway
Old 06-13-2013, 08:04 PM   #144
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Looks good!

"Don't ever do that again" - X3
"They'll find us they'll always do" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
Old 06-13-2013, 10:36 PM   #145
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Thanks! I'm prob gonna get that issue.

Old 06-17-2013, 09:37 PM   #146
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:

I knew full well Avengers was mismatch between 616 and ultimates.So was
Amazing Spider-man.That alone shows It's not perfect adaptan of eather 616
or ultimates.And film Is called Marvel's avengers not the Ultimates.The point
was never about matchup If others complain GA doesn't know things from X-Men
comics It can easily be pointed out GA don't know things on real Avengers
eather.And point can be made about nearly every comic adaptian.

Wolverine was most popular X-Man long before Hugh jackman played him.I know
some want to ignore that but it's true.

There are 2 things I have hated with marvel comics

1:Changes that came from Grant morrison's run on new X-Men
2:Ultimate line

Complaning about faithlness Is losing battle with various historys of characters.with marvel you have 2.with Superman and batman you got tons with DC's consent changing of historys and various earths.

Some are wanting X-Men be held to stranded they don't hold other superhero films to.
I think including Wolverine in the film is necessary because he's a big draw to the general audience and for viewers who aren't really familiar with the X-Men universe, the X-Men won't be complete for them without Wolverine and thats why I think he should appear in future X-Men movies like X-Men 5 and 6.

And compare to Professor X and Magneto, they could just give Wolverine his own story-arc and solo fight scenes like in X2 and the film wouldn't have a huge weight on him. But Professor X and Magneto, they will always have a big role in the context of the story and I don't think they could focus on the X-Men if there's Professor X telling them what to do, being the voice of reason and I don't think new villains would really shine if Magneto is still in the picture. Like in X2 and First Class, Magneto was the one who defeated Stryker and Sebastian Shaw. If they bring in Mr. Sinister and Apocalypse in the future and Magneto is still in the picture, I'm pretty sure he will still have a very important role in defeating those two.

"Don't ever do that again" - X3
"They'll find us they'll always do" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
Old 06-18-2013, 08:07 AM   #147
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Days of future past could be swan song for Magneto In series If speculation by some of next film after DOFP taking place In corrected future prove right.Bryan Singer's response to Apocalpse could be hint that will be future X-Men villain.

As for Xavier I think there Is some chance of him remaining.Especilly with him In wheelchair.

I remain convinced for days of future past wolverine will be very Important character but It will not be a last Stand situation.Hugh Jackman going back and forth between New York and Montreal sometimes being away during a week says he won't be In every scene.

Old 06-18-2013, 09:51 AM   #148
NanaT
X-Men United!

Quote:
Days of future past could be swan song for Magneto In series If speculation by some of next film after DOFP taking place In corrected future prove right.Bryan Singer's response to Apocalpse could be hint that will be future X-Men villain.

As for Xavier I think there Is some chance of him remaining.Especilly with him In wheelchair.

I remain convinced for days of future past wolverine will be very Important character but It will not be a last Stand situation.Hugh Jackman going back and forth between New York and Montreal sometimes being away during a week says he won't be In every scene.
Well obviously, he isn't in every scene in his own films let alone an X-Men team movie. And as you love to keep saying Ian shot all his scenes for X2 in just two weeks so following that logic Hugh could also feature in this movie heavily whether he spends weekends away from set or not.

- PROFESSOR CHARLES XAVIER
Old 06-18-2013, 09:57 AM   #149
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
your logic is so strange

whether its a FC3 or a X4/5 they will always have magneto involved, perhaps even more so now with how alot of people loved FC

Last edited by GuestStar2004; 06-18-2013 at 10:01 AM.
Old 06-18-2013, 10:08 AM   #150
Angamb
Banned User

yeah, Michael's Magneto would be a heavy part of possible future FC movies, thats like a must.

But on other hand, I see Fox moving forward with new villains. The present timeline cant be just X-Men vs Magneto anymore. Thats too played out, and wont look as fresh to non hard fans.

And even many fans keep asking for new villains and storylines, including Sinister and Apocalypse, so Fox better expand the universe finally one day or another.

Closed Thread