The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Old 06-03-2013, 07:30 PM   #51
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Default Re: Once Upon A Time In Wonderland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
I wouldn't have minded them doing that but since the character became Reginas lackey I wouldn't be happy with what happened in Once since jafar should be able to handle the evil Queen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
I don't think Sidney's Genie was overtly sinister enough to begin with to be Jafar. Best to start from scratch with that character.
oh i'd normally agree... but lets say Jafar (after tricked into becoming a genie) spent a 100 in his bottle... being bored out of his mind, and is rescued by regina who takes him in. and he falls in love

wouldn't be the first time they had a villain become a sympathetic puppy dog...

i mean, how many genies can be in Agrabah besides "Genie" and Jafar?

i think it would have been an interesting twist.

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
spideyboy_1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 08:51 PM   #52
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

I can't stop watching this trailer. It's wonderful. I really hope there's a seperate panel for the spinoff at SDCC.

Oh, what's that, America? You love Chris Pratt? Well, I guess we'll have to wait and see the overnight ratings for this upcoming season of Parks and Recreation for me to determine how full of **** you are about that.

Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 10:38 PM   #53
chaseter
Bland User

That was a horribly put together trailer and the graphics look worse than OUAT's first season.

"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
And that is how Uncle Ben dies.
chaseter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 10:40 PM   #54
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

Typical chaseter response, wouldn't expect anything less.

Oh, what's that, America? You love Chris Pratt? Well, I guess we'll have to wait and see the overnight ratings for this upcoming season of Parks and Recreation for me to determine how full of **** you are about that.

Old 06-20-2013, 03:26 PM   #55
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

This is getting it's own SDCC panel, along with OUAT and Agents of SHIELD.

Old 06-20-2013, 04:19 PM   #56
CB Fan
The Watcher

Cant believe I am just now seeing the trailer! It looks amazing! Im gonna need the Red Queen and Regina to come face to face at some point in future seasons but that would probably be too much sexy on screen. And Jafar will be welcome as would Ursula if that mermaid reference was what Im hoping it was.

CB Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 12:28 AM   #57
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

On Twitter, I've seen a few of the writers for the spinoff listed: Richard Hatem (Grimm, first season of Supernatural, creator of Miracles), Adam Nussdorf (has written a number of Tron: Uprising episodes), Rina Mimoun (Everwood, Hart of Dixie, creator of Privileged), Katie Wech (The Secret Circle), Jenn Kao (Leverage) and Jerome Schwartz (Chase, Zero Hour). Then of course, there's Kitsis/Horowitz, Jane Espenson and Zack Estrin as showrunners.

Old 06-28-2013, 01:12 PM   #58
Specter313
Ghost of all things X

It looks like someone has had a bite of the “Eat Me” cake.

ABC’s Once Upon a Time in Wonderland, originally conceived as a limited-run standalone series to bridge Once Upon a Time‘s winter hiatus, is now poised to run longer than 13 episodes — and could even get a Season 2 order, if successful.

Once cocreator Eddy Kitsis tells EW.com that while Wonderland‘s exact episode count is currently TBD, it will land somewhere between 13 and 22 — and that the final tally “will be it for the season.”

The freshman run, which revolves around Alice’s (played by Sophie Lowe) tortured romance with a mysterious genie (Peter Gadiot), will tell “a complete story, with a beginning, middle and end,” says cocreator Adam Horowitz. The spin-off, however, could come back to spin “a whole new” Wonderland-based tale, in fall 2014.

http://tvline.com/2013/06/28/once-up...s/#more-442925

Old 06-28-2013, 03:10 PM   #59
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

Seems like a dangerous game, taking something intended for a set amount of episodes/time and extending it. I just hope it doesn't take a Heroes-like turn or something like that.

Old 06-28-2013, 03:54 PM   #60
Primal Slayer
Good ol' Lima Heights

It was originally set to take over Onces slot for holiday but they already changed that so this comes as no surprise. Worse case scenario it doesn't do great and they just keep it around for 12 episodes and we get a complete story.

Primal Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 02:29 PM   #61
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

OUAT-themed SDCC Pedi-cabs

Old 07-16-2013, 03:42 PM   #62
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

Premieres October 10th

Late-ish premiere, just like OUAT had. Could be smart. Avoid the initial bloodbath of the first few weeks of the fall season.

Old 07-17-2013, 07:11 PM   #63
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

Wonderland Advertisement at SDCC

Old 07-17-2013, 09:45 PM   #64
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

http://www.spoilertv.com/2013/07/onc...d-episode.html
Quote:
Once Upon A Time in Wonderland - Episode 1.01 - Possible Recurring Role being Cast
Posted by Babar Suhail at Thursday, July 18, 2013

Thanks to The Spoiler Fairy for sending us the following...

Quote:
OUAT in Wonderland is casting for a 12-year-old Caucasian girl with a British accent who is feisty and adventurous.
I'm guessing... young Alice?

Old 07-17-2013, 10:05 PM   #65
Primal Slayer
Good ol' Lima Heights

I hope so. I want to see Alices original run in Wonderland.

Old 07-20-2013, 01:38 PM   #66
Specter313
Ghost of all things X

Jafar! JAFAR!!!!!!!

Old 07-20-2013, 01:40 PM   #67
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

I am going to have to DVR the show after hearing the jafar news.

Old 07-20-2013, 01:49 PM   #68
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

Naveen Andrews as Jafar?!?

Old 07-20-2013, 02:17 PM   #69
John Locke
One is Dark One is Light

Wow I've had Sayid as my top choice for Jafar since season 1.

Nobody exists on purpose, nobody belongs anywhere, we're all gonna die. Come watch TV. -Morty Smith
John Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 02:44 PM   #70
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

More from TV Line...
Quote:
In other news from the panel…

HOME SWEET HOME | The Con crowd was treated to a preview of the pilot presentation, which kicks off with a familiar, destructive Once Upon a Time scene. Viewers will first meet two Wonderland characters in Storybrooke – and one of them has been there for a bit of time, it appears. “We will find out the Knave’s backstory leads to the Enchanted forest,” teased Kitsis after the screening.

ONE DOOR CLOSES, ANOTHER OPENS | As opposed to the mothership series, which is intended as a sprawling, multi-year story, the mission of Wonderland is “to tell within this first season, a complete, close-ended story,” said co-creator Adam Horowitz. “By the end of the Season 1, this particular story will be concluded,” and a new adventure will begin in Season 2 with the same cast. Since there’s only so many episodes to start and finish the story, Wonderland hopes to be “all killer, no filler,” added Kitsis. All of the questions you’re wondering about will be answered, including “why Alice went to Wonderland, who her father is, how she ended up in that insane asylum.”

THE PAST UNCOVERED | Like with Once, flashbacks will reveal the characters’ backstories, including that of newbie the Knave of Hearts and The Red Queen, who makes a brief but memorable first impression in the pilot presentation. Her use of magic “makes me wonder if she spent any time with the Queen of Hearts in Wonderland,” hinted Kitsis.

ALICE, ACTION HEROINE | Remember how take-action Snow White was in the Once pilot? Alice might give her a run for her money. Kitsis had this to say about a particularly buttkicking scene: “Was anything cooler than when she took that guy down with his legs and broke his neck?” Yes, this girl doesn’t need any help taking care of herself.

FAMILIAR FACES | “I would be disappointed if we didn’t see the Queen of Hearts at some point,” said Kitsis. However, her cohort the Mad Hatter might be harder to get back because of his portrayer Sebastian Stan’s busy movie schedule. Joked Kitsis: “I hear he’s going to be here [at Comic-Con] for 20 minutes, and there’s a part of me that wants to kidnap him and bring him back to Vancouver.” After a fan asked if we’ll see the March Hare or the Doormouse, Kitsis replied, “I have a feeling we might see both of those people or at least hear about them.”

Old 07-20-2013, 04:33 PM   #71
Specter313
Ghost of all things X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
Naveen Andrews as Jafar?!?
Between this and the Ariel announcement for the main show, JP must be a puddle on the floor of comic con if he made it into that panel.

Old 07-20-2013, 04:34 PM   #72
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

I'm still shocked there has yet to be a casting announcement for Peter Pan.

Old 07-20-2013, 06:13 PM   #73
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specter313 View Post
Between this and the Ariel announcement for the main show, JP must be a puddle on the floor of comic con if he made it into that panel.
I just read he actually didn't make it to the panel so he hasn't heard yet. He'll love it!

Can't believe they got Naveen Andrews as Jafar! That is just all kinds of amazing.

SuperT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 06:29 PM   #74
Primal Slayer
Good ol' Lima Heights

This makes me want an Aladdin prequel series. But no ABC got to be greedy. They could've turned this into their own American horror Story by doing a new series every year.

Old 07-20-2013, 06:32 PM   #75
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

lol Primal, always so quick to criticize.