The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2013, 09:54 PM   #1
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - P

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 05-10-2013, 09:54 PM   #2
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Par

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 05-10-2013, 09:54 PM   #3
STARMAN
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - P

We've gotten so many new images the last few days it's unbelievable.

Old 05-10-2013, 10:04 PM   #4
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Also, I meant on Goyer on set REVISING the script, not on-script

Old 05-10-2013, 10:09 PM   #5
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Also when I looked at this image, I gasped aloud

Everything, except MAYBE the eyes are a living recreation of Lee's art. From the medium-sized lips, to the thin cheeks and STRONG jawline, this pose is like a comic come to life. I might need a change of pants when the movie's done

Old 05-10-2013, 10:15 PM   #6
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Cavil overall looks like Sup
But he REALLY looks like Jim Lee's art.

Old 05-10-2013, 10:22 PM   #7
DoomsdayApex
∆zrael "Fallen Angel" X.

It's nothing against Goyer (the man's comic IQ is much higher than mine) but he's a subpar writer. Anyone who has followed his career knows that David's scripts always need polishing. Writing has never been his strongsuit. So I believe the whispers regarding Jonah saving the screenplay.

Henry Cavill: The Ultimate Man-Crush
(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Quote:
Oldman: "Wow, this is it."

Nolan: [facetiously] "Yeah. [pause] Unless you want to whore your ass out for a load of money for ĎBatman 4."
Quote:
Nolan: "I've gotta pee. It's a two pee movie. I need to make a shorter movie next time."
Quote:

Nolan: "Oh, it's on. Here Emma, hold my vest."
Old 05-10-2013, 10:23 PM   #8
Kevin Smith
Banned User

Goyer's scripts aren't that great on their own, I agree. His Flash script was pretty awful. I am glad Jonah helped with this.

Anyway, SNYDER FTW. Love that guy.

Old 05-10-2013, 10:23 PM   #9
redfirebird2008
Side-Kick

Watching the 1978 film right now. Man, they really did knock it out of the park casting Crowe as Jor-El. Brando left such huge shoes to fill and it looks like Crowe has done a great job living up to Brando's standard.

Old 05-10-2013, 10:24 PM   #10
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Smith View Post
Goyer's scripts aren't that great on their own, I agree. His Flash script was pretty awful. I am glad Jonah helped with this.

Anyway, SNYDER FTW. Love that guy.
Is his flash script online?

Old 05-10-2013, 10:25 PM   #11
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

^ I think that Goyer is the modern Lucas. Great ideas man, but needs others to help his ideas along and create better dialog. I don't think he's bad, but I don't want to see him alone

Old 05-10-2013, 10:26 PM   #12
DoomsdayApex
∆zrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Agreed. So long as a good writer is in charge of the script, Zack impresses. His visuals and action sequences are top freakin' notch.

Old 05-10-2013, 10:26 PM   #13
Kevin Smith
Banned User

And that Shannon interview was hilarious lmao. Michael Shannon is great, lol.

http://www.mtv.com/videos/news/90477...eel-role.jhtml

Old 05-10-2013, 10:27 PM   #14
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

^ And Zack does make some emotional scenes, but they aren't his main strength.

Old 05-10-2013, 10:27 PM   #15
DoomsdayApex
∆zrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingCoco View Post
^ I think that Goyer is the modern Lucas. Great ideas man, but needs others to help his ideas along and create better dialog. I don't think he's bad, but I don't want to see him alone

Henry Cavill: The Ultimate Man-Crush
(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Quote:
Oldman: "Wow, this is it."

Nolan: [facetiously] "Yeah. [pause] Unless you want to whore your ass out for a load of money for ĎBatman 4."
Quote:
Nolan: "I've gotta pee. It's a two pee movie. I need to make a shorter movie next time."
Quote:

Nolan: "Oh, it's on. Here Emma, hold my vest."
Old 05-10-2013, 10:33 PM   #16
jthom19802
Side-Kick

I love this place, but think this thousands upon thousands of posts for avatar size changes is ridiculous.

Because of these feelings, I present Exhibit A in this case:

Old 05-10-2013, 10:33 PM   #17
jthom19802
Side-Kick

<----------------

Old 05-10-2013, 10:34 PM   #18
jthom19802
Side-Kick

You all may now carry on with the awesome Man of Steel discussions

Old 05-10-2013, 10:38 PM   #19
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

^ This is getting weird. I think Zack's sense of scale is gonna dwarf The Avengers, and I consider that movie to be 2012's best superhero flick.

Old 05-10-2013, 10:39 PM   #20
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
^ This is getting weird. I think Zack's sense of scale is gonna dwarf The Avengers, and I consider that movie to be 2012's best superhero flick.
And maybe even 2013's.

Old 05-10-2013, 10:39 PM   #21
TheNextNolan22
Bork Hungry! Bork Smash!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfirebird2008 View Post
Watching the 1978 film right now. Man, they really did knock it out of the park casting Crowe as Jor-El. Brando left such huge shoes to fill and it looks like Crowe has done a great job living up to Brando's standard.
Agreed. Glad they chose a real top-notch actor in Crowe. Everything from his voice to just his presence just scream Jor-El.

Old 05-10-2013, 10:40 PM   #22
Kryptonian Titan
Banned User

Quote:
I have the same feeling.

Old 05-10-2013, 10:41 PM   #23
WoodyROM
Side-Kick

<------------

I sympathize with you

Romans 8:38-39
Old 05-10-2013, 10:47 PM   #24
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Think about it, this film might be the first superhero film to go over the ocean, through space, through cities, the countryside, the desert, the arctic, Krypton, etc. And we can speculate that Supes will fight an army, alien creatures, culminating to the final clash that will leaves us cheering in our seats.

Old 05-10-2013, 10:47 PM   #25
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

I know I'm going to get killed for this but I think that Whedon still has some T.V director sensibilities. This isn't a prop up Man of Steel post, I said the same thing in the Avengers thread.

I like Whedon though and I liked a lot about certain moments during the Avengers action sequence at the end. Snyder has his faults as well but he isn't even slightly a T.V director.

I thought on the whole Black handled the Iron Man 3 action scenes better than any other director in the Marvel verse has handled theirs. I thought that Thor easily had the worst. Hopefully the next film can fix that.

Last edited by I SEE SPIDEY; 05-10-2013 at 10:55 PM.
Closed Thread