The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2013, 10:49 PM   #26
Jim-El
"My Son"

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNextNolan22 View Post
Agreed. Glad they chose a real top-notch actor in Crowe. Everything from his voice to just his presence just scream Jor-El.
Dittos...Russell being my favorite actor (not at room temperature) would be my first choice for Jor-El.

"The Kryptonian prophecy will be at last fulfilled. The son becomes the father, the father becomes the son. Farewell forever Kal-El. Remember me my son." - Jor-El/Marlon Brando/Superman II: The Richard Donner Cut
Old 05-10-2013, 10:50 PM   #27
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

^ Well, Avengers is shot on digital, with a lot of TV set-ups. I think Snyder is a lot more filmic, using a wider variety of angles. That being said, the helicopter view of the superheroes fighting together is one of my favorite shots in the genre.

Old 05-10-2013, 10:52 PM   #28
TheNextNolan22
You are an F** ****

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
I know I'm going to get killed for this but I think that Whedon still has some T.V director sensibilities. This isn't a prop up Man of Steel post, I said the same thing in the Avengers thread.

I like Whedon though and I liked a lot about certain moments during the Avengers action sequence at the end. Snyder has his faults as well but he isn't even slightly a T.V director.
I agree. I love Whedon and his dialogue, but even The Avengers looked like a TV movie with a massive budget. Before the final battle, the film had some very questionable shots that looked something out of a TV show.

Stop all this positive thinking. Only negativity is allowed in here.
When it comes to Superman.....Make mine CAVILL
Dats dat.
Old 05-10-2013, 10:57 PM   #29
DKDetective
"He'll be a god to them."

Quote:
I agree. I love Whedon and his dialogue, but even The Avengers looked like a TV movie with a massive budget. Before the final battle, the film had some very questionable shots that looked something out of a TV show.
Huge Whedon fan, but the film's visuals were not its strongest suite. There is a reason why Pfister bashed the movie's cinematography, even if he was a little overly harsh.

Old 05-10-2013, 10:58 PM   #30
redfirebird2008
Side-Kick

Quote:
Agreed. Glad they chose a real top-notch actor in Crowe. Everything from his voice to just his presence just scream Jor-El.
Yep, he has that same sense of grandeur in his voice and screen presence like Brando had. Very few actors have it.

Old 05-10-2013, 11:00 PM   #31
MrMonk
Newbie First Class

In the latest spot, we can see a number of baddies from Krypton..with one oversized goon near Zod.

How does Superman deal with so many Kryptonians?

Any ideas..speculations..thoughts?

Old 05-10-2013, 11:00 PM   #32
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

^ Ironically, I think Pfister's advice is best being taken backwards. Show off the set, depict the epic environment of the story! You can get drama from a play, but not the sense of SCALE that a big-budget movie has

Old 05-10-2013, 11:02 PM   #33
DKDetective

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMonk View Post
In the latest spot, we can see a number of baddies from Krypton..with one oversized goon near Zod.

How does Superman deal with so many Kryptonians?

Any ideas..speculations..thoughts?
Well, given the armour they are wearing, that scene seems to take place on Krypton. Zod's forces on Earth will probably be far smaller in numbers.

Old 05-10-2013, 11:03 PM   #34
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

I agree about the Avengers comments. It did feel a bit TV movie at points.

Old 05-10-2013, 11:04 PM   #35
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

^ He'll probably end up attempting to "surrender", only to find that doing so would endanger more people.

Old 05-10-2013, 11:06 PM   #36
TheNextNolan22
You are an F** ****

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKDetective View Post
Huge Whedon fan, but the film's visuals were not its strongest suite. There is a reason why Pfister bashed the movie's cinematography, even if he was a little overly harsh.
While I will agree he was a tad bit harsh, I still think he wasn't lying when he said the film had some very odd angles. Still, I love the film despite that.

Anyways, back to MOS talk. I actually like that it was done on Film.

Dats dat.
Old 05-10-2013, 11:07 PM   #37
KryptoKnight13
Side-Kick

Are there any desktop versions of the new poster out? I actually quite like it, as simple as it is

Old 05-10-2013, 11:08 PM   #38
Mr. Dent
Banned User

The Man of Steel spots during the playoffs are pretty cool.

Old 05-10-2013, 11:12 PM   #39
MrMonk
Newbie First Class

Quote:
Well, given the armour they are wearing, that scene seems to take place on Krypton. Zod's forces on Earth will probably be far smaller in numbers.
Still ..it'll be 3 against 1..likely..

I wonder how he does that..plus they have that ship and advanced weaponry..robots..etc..

My only conclusion is that Zack's Superman is ..well..the S**T.

Old 05-10-2013, 11:12 PM   #40
DoomsdayApex
Ćzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
The Man of Steel spots during the playoffs are pretty cool.
That last one might confirm the fourth spot description. I heard "...test your limits" towards the end.

Henry Cavill: The Ultimate Man-Crush
(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Quote:
Oldman: "Wow, this is it."

Nolan: [facetiously] "Yeah. [pause] Unless you want to whore your ass out for a load of money for ‘Batman 4."
Quote:
Nolan: "I've gotta pee. It's a two pee movie. I need to make a shorter movie next time."
Quote:

Nolan: "Oh, it's on. Here Emma, hold my vest."
Old 05-10-2013, 11:26 PM   #41
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Anyone else see the similarities? Almost an homage.

Old 05-10-2013, 11:28 PM   #42
TheNextNolan22
You are an F** ****

Quote:

You'll believe a man can fly...again.

Dats dat.
Old 05-10-2013, 11:31 PM   #43
DKDetective

Quote:
They are definitely there and that is part of the problem. This is supposed to be a new Superman for a new generation - homages to the old model in the film's marketing is not wise.

Old 05-10-2013, 11:33 PM   #44
DarthDorranceBane
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMonk View Post
Still ..it'll be 3 against 1..likely..

I wonder how he does that..plus they have that ship and advanced weaponry..robots..etc..

My only conclusion is that Zack's Superman is ..well..the S**T.
Well... he'll have his S-Shield to wrap them around.

Old 05-10-2013, 11:33 PM   #45
Notrip
SuperDaD

There is the Blu-ray/DVD cover. I wouldn't mind that on my cover. 8/10. best poster so far, but its not Great, pretty good. WB will probably have awesome Character posters though. That is my hope! Hopefully we get those this upcoming week. The new NBA playoff spot was pretty good. I'm guessing we get a new spot tomorrow on ABC at 8est for the Knicks v. Pacers game. and hopefully lots of new TV spots next week, It is finale week for most shows!

Amy Adams - Lois Lane
? - Jim Gordon
Hugh Laurie - Alfred

Old 05-10-2013, 11:33 PM   #46
X Knight
Saber Class

I love the new poster!!

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 05-10-2013, 11:37 PM   #47
Kryptonian Titan
Banned User

Quote:
They are definitely there and that is part of the problem. This is supposed to be a new Superman for a new generation - homages to the old model in the film's marketing is not wise.
But most of this new generation has absolutely no idea that this is similar to a poster of a 30 year old movie.

Old 05-10-2013, 11:38 PM   #48
kendalag
Side-Kick

They just played TV Spot 3 during the Warriors-Spurs game ... GOSH ... that's such a killer spot.

... dat music ... when I first heard trailer 3, I wasn't totally convinced, but DAMN ... it's so cool.

Old 05-10-2013, 11:39 PM   #49
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Snyder is trying to break the news gently to poor Singer of why SR underperformed:

Old 05-10-2013, 11:43 PM   #50
Mr. Dent
Banned User

edit

Closed Thread