The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2013, 07:20 AM   #76
BH/HHH
You Are My World
 
BH/HHH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Leeds
Posts: 21,398
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by 747 View Post
Some people just can't seem to praise without putting something else down.
Exactly

__________________
MAN OF STEEL 9/10
BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE (ULTIMATE EDITION) 8.5/10
SUICIDE SQUAD 7/10

#TEAM SNYDER
BH/HHH is online now  
Old 05-11-2013, 07:20 AM   #77
Smallville13
Side-Kick
 
Smallville13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 3,011
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Haha love the quote from Russell Crowe. Sounds like he's confidant it's going to be big. I hope he's right!

Smallville13 is offline  
Old 05-11-2013, 07:22 AM   #78
Smallville13
Side-Kick
 
Smallville13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 3,011
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I wonder if MOS does over 900M they'll see the profitability in just continuing it and push back the Justice League again. I can only hope.

Smallville13 is offline  
Old 05-11-2013, 07:26 AM   #79
BH/HHH
You Are My World
 
BH/HHH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Leeds
Posts: 21,398
Awesome Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville13 View Post
I wonder if MOS does over 900M they'll see the profitability in just continuing it and push back the Justice League again. I can only hope.
I hope so

__________________
MAN OF STEEL 9/10
BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE (ULTIMATE EDITION) 8.5/10
SUICIDE SQUAD 7/10

#TEAM SNYDER
BH/HHH is online now  
Old 05-11-2013, 07:35 AM   #80
Sharkboy
Tell em Steve-Dave
 
Sharkboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 9,647
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I have my fair share of problems with the Avengers, most of all is the lack of ambition and true scale in the film, which is where i think the "looks like a tv show" comments stem from (from me anyway).

I find it silly however when people honestly WANT films to fail in order to validate whatever fandom they have for an opposing property.

__________________
1-The Dark Knight/2-The Dark Knight Rises/3-Captain America: The Winter Soldier/4-Batman Begins/5-X-Men: Days of Future Past/6-Guardians of the Galaxy/7-Spider-Man 2/8-The Avengers/9-Superman:TM/10-The Incredibles
Sharkboy is offline  
Old 05-11-2013, 07:40 AM   #81
SpideyFan866
Banned User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 16,510
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville13 View Post
I wonder if MOS does over 900M they'll see the profitability in just continuing it and push back the Justice League again. I can only hope.
Nah. At this point, JLA is a top priority. With Avengers having come out now and with it already having been sidetracked by Nolan's decision to keep his Batman world separate, they don't wanna waste anymore time. They want JLA out asap.

Now if MOS is successful, they're just gonna capitiolize on its profitability by bringing back Snyder, Goyer, and course, Cavill.

SpideyFan866 is offline  
Old 05-11-2013, 07:43 AM   #82
mohoo
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 732
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I don't think JL depends on the money MoS makes.

And I don't think they want to do JL just to make a billion dollar film that they already have with TDK and TDKR, and possibly MoS.

Also they already have the big scale film with MoS.

I think it depends on the scripts. If they found a good way to tell the story they will really consider.

Maybe the other superheros are WB's plan to make money and JL will be their way to market them.

mohoo is offline  
Old 05-11-2013, 07:47 AM   #83
Glassjaw
In training
 
Glassjaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Brighton/Somerset, UK
Posts: 1,414
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Ahh what is this new 'Rumours/spoilers' thread thats popped up? Is it just a collection of stuff regular posters here will know and has been confirmed, or is there new stuff leaking out which you would probably regret reading? Glad its got its own thread though, definitely makes it easier to stay out of....Yep.... Not tempting at all.

Glassjaw is offline  
Old 05-11-2013, 08:11 AM   #84
Smallville13
Side-Kick
 
Smallville13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 3,011
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohoo View Post
I don't think JL depends on the money MoS makes.

And I don't think they want to do JL just to make a billion dollar film that they already have with TDK and TDKR, and possibly MoS.

Also they already have the big scale film with MoS.

I think it depends on the scripts. If they found a good way to tell the story they will really consider.

Maybe the other superheros are WB's plan to make money and JL will be their way to market them.
Exactly. Let's assume that the key motivating factor is money. And this being WB, it probably is. If they can already make comparable coin to the Avengers with MOS, and from there the sequel even more so, why would they bother trying to shoot themselves in the foot by fast-tracking JL. If they're not going to do it right by establishing each individual character first in their own film, then I'd rather they keep MOS away from this JL mess. If WB really wants to do a full-on JL in 2016 and somehow knock out of the park 6 other completely new characters, as well as flesh out a new villain, it would surely be one of the most ambitious and expensive projects ever attempted on film. And I'm sorry to everyone that wants to see this but the likelihood of failure is way too high.

Smallville13 is offline  
Old 05-11-2013, 08:14 AM   #85
747
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.
 
747's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Sweden
Posts: 4,183
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The thing is MOS will most likely not do comparable coin to The Avengers.

747 is offline  
Old 05-11-2013, 08:21 AM   #86
Smallville13
Side-Kick
 
Smallville13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 3,011
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by 747 View Post
The thing is MOS will most likely not do comparable coin to The Avengers.
If it does 800-900M though that's close enough. Anything 700+ is great.

Smallville13 is offline  
Old 05-11-2013, 08:32 AM   #87
mohoo
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 732
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by 747 View Post
The thing is MOS will most likely not do comparable coin to The Avengers.
Maybe, and maybe not.

But remember that we should be comparing between JL and MoS2.

If MoS is the success that most think it will be (good reviews and a decent BO), then the following film with superman should have the huge chance that WB is looking for.

And whether you go JL or MoS2 it shouldn't make a big difference money wise.

That's why I don't think the money is the issue, at least not in 2015 or whenever the next film is.

mohoo is offline  
Old 05-11-2013, 08:48 AM   #88
craigdbfan
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Interstellar
Posts: 31,174
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville13 View Post
I wonder if MOS does over 900M they'll see the profitability in just continuing it and push back the Justice League again. I can only hope.
Said this in the Justice League forum but it also applies here so I'll restate my view on the whole matter.

WB needs to take their time with MOS and other DC properties individually and then go ahead and make the JL.

No it isn't "copying" Marvel but simple world building and common sense. Making something like this without a single shred of an existing background (or only using MOS as a base and possibly jeopardizing the former on untested and questionable waters) has to be one of the most ill conceived ideas that I've heard of in a while.

There are two groups I feel that support this project with its haphazard developed base. Those who are desperate to see the JL at all cost regardless of quality and WB who's trying to make Avengers type money.

WB should give Superman his own time to shine in his own franchise and dedicate their time in developing the rest of the DC gallery of heroes that have been left to rot all these years. Then and only then should they even consider tackling the Justice League. Putting all these characters on the line at a blatant attempt for a quick buck is not the road that should be followed.

craigdbfan is offline  
Old 05-11-2013, 08:49 AM   #89
Mean Mr Mustard
Mighty Pirate
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Mle Island
Posts: 232
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomsdayApex View Post
Yes, because TDKT's homages to Burton's films had a negative impact.
What homages?

Mean Mr Mustard is offline  
Old 05-11-2013, 08:50 AM   #90
747
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.
 
747's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Sweden
Posts: 4,183
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post
Said this in the Justice League forum but it also applies here so I'll restate my view on the whole matter.

WB needs to take their time with MOS and other DC properties individually and then go ahead and make the JL.

No it isn't "copying" Marvel but simple world building and common sense. Making something like this without a single shred of an existing background (or only using MOS as a base and possibly jeopardizing the former on untested and questionable waters) has to be one of the most ill conceived ideas that I've heard of in a while.

There are two groups I feel that support this project with its haphazard developed base. Those who are desperate to see the JL at all cost regardless of quality and WB who's trying to make Avengers type money.

WB should give Superman his own time to shine in his own franchise and dedicate their time in developing the rest of the DC gallery of heroes that have been left to rot all these years. Then and only then should they even consider tackling the Justice League. Putting all these characters on the line at a blatant attempt for a quick buck is not the road that should be followed.
So much thumbs up to this.

747 is offline  
Old 05-11-2013, 08:50 AM   #91
hopefuldreamer
Clark Kent > Superman
 
hopefuldreamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: South West, UK
Posts: 11,755
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glassjaw View Post
Ahh what is this new 'Rumours/spoilers' thread thats popped up? Is it just a collection of stuff regular posters here will know and has been confirmed, or is there new stuff leaking out which you would probably regret reading? Glad its got its own thread though, definitely makes it easier to stay out of....Yep.... Not tempting at all.


I'm with you. I've opened and closed it a few times already

__________________
Just accept that this is the direction they have taken.
Then, you can either decide this version isn't for you and stop watching. OR you can decide to enjoy it for what it is - an elseworlds tale.

'In Elseworlds, super-heroes are taken from their usual settings and put into strange times and places - some that have existed, and others that can't, couldn't or shouldn't exist. The result is stories that make characters who are as familiar as yesterday seem as fresh as tomorrow.'
hopefuldreamer is offline  
Old 05-11-2013, 09:09 AM   #92
acedrake
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: NY
Posts: 300
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Will people compare the Zod VS aircraft bit with the avenger's hulk vs aircraft?

acedrake is offline  
Old 05-11-2013, 09:19 AM   #93
Smallville13
Side-Kick
 
Smallville13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 3,011
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by acedrake View Post
Will people compare the Zod VS aircraft bit with the avenger's hulk vs aircraft?
The way Zod enters that building in TV Spot 3 reminds me of the Hulk's entrance before he laid a beating on Loki. It seems like the CGI artists perhaps used Hulk as a reference when creating Zod's movements. It's just another thing that the Avengers won't have up on this film. They're just ticking all the boxes. Hulk? Check.

Haha now that I think about it Hulk vs Superman has been done to death. But Hulk vs. the brutality and ruthlessness of Zod. My moneys on Zod!

Smallville13 is offline  
Old 05-11-2013, 09:20 AM   #94
I SEE SPIDEY
Badass Ladies
 
I SEE SPIDEY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: In Superman's arms
Posts: 51,897
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
I loved Avengers, some people just have to piss on stuff cause its this DC vs Marvel mentality that I just don't get
It has nothing to do with Marvel vs DC. I hate Marvel vs DC. I've only loved or really liked 2 DC movies (TDK and Watchmen) and I've loved or really liked 8 films based on Marvel films (I'm counting the first sequels to Blade and Spider-Man and Iron Man 3 and X-Men First Class). If anything that is a Marvel bias.

I get on people for bashing other films to prop up another one so I assure you that is not what I'm doing. A lot of people love and compare the Avengers and it's action scenes to every comicbook film. That is fine and totally expected but I only found the film to be decent and although quite a bit of the last battle in NYC is very impressive on the whole I find it to be a bit overrated. I'm saying, what a lot of people and fanboys see as the be all end all action sequence is not that to me, that I think it can be topped by a Zack Snyder directed Man of Steel and frankly I liked Iron Man 3's action scenes better already.

I like Whedon but I do still see T.V in him, you may not and that is fine but I do.

I understand you being leery of any posts like mine but my intention wasn't to bash any film to prop up another one. I'm on your side when it comes to that. But I can't ignore The Avengers when talking about action in comicbook films because it's the most talked about comicbook movie in that regard.

__________________
Come think with us:http://thinkmcflythink.squarespace.com/
2016 CBM FILMS:
DEADPOOL 8/10 BATMAN v SUPERMAN 4.5/10 CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR-9.0/10 X-MEN: APOCALYPSE 6/10 SUICIDE SQUAD-6.5/10

PRAY FOR DC FANS!!!
I SEE SPIDEY is offline  
Old 05-11-2013, 09:27 AM   #95
The Sage
The World's Finest
 
The Sage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: In the Sage's lair
Posts: 47,068
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -



Why isn't this a movie poster? This blows the last three away.

__________________
Everyone brings joy to this forum. Some by coming in. Some by going out...
The Sage is offline  
Old 05-11-2013, 09:42 AM   #96
souperman
Side-Dish
 
souperman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: In the can
Posts: 3,906
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sage View Post


Why isn't this a movie poster? This blows the last three away.
If this is the official image, that cape looks pretty poor and pasted on. Obviously not a screen grab already composited with the cape so some "art" guy maniped it. Not a very convincing job on this one. I know it seems like a morph between photo and paint but...

__________________
The pinch of salt my posts should be taken with. ..::.
SUPERMANIA BEGINS
http://soupermanshh.deviantart.com/
No-one stays good in this world...everything's changed...if you seek his monument - look around you - ARGO pick your nits ! I DON'T GET WHY PEOPLE DON'T GET IT...
souperman is offline  
Old 05-11-2013, 09:43 AM   #97
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.
 
TheIrishAvenger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ireland
Posts: 6,880
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


__________________
"Suplex City, B*tch!"

TheIrishAvenger is offline  
Old 05-11-2013, 09:44 AM   #98
Zionite1
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,599
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohoo View Post

And whether you go JL or MoS2 it shouldn't make a big difference money wise.

That's why I don't think the money is the issue, at least not in 2015 or whenever the next film is.
That's true.The issue is this-WB is a scared of making any non-Superman/Batman movie especially after Greenlantern-but they realise there is money 2be made.They want to minimise the financial risks by having the heroes first appear in a Jl movie.Thats the big advantage Jl has over MOS 2,it can serve a great marketing tool for other heroes

The only way WB will have faith in releasing solo hero movies without a Jl first is if Nolan/Goyer are on board with everyone of them-Thats how scared they are to take risks.

Zionite1 is offline  
Old 05-11-2013, 09:46 AM   #99
747
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.
 
747's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Sweden
Posts: 4,183
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The latest poster, just like the one before it, is not bad, but not anything special either. The double S symbol use is what hurts it the most. I dig the concept, the colors and feel of it.

747 is offline  
Old 05-11-2013, 09:50 AM   #100
BH/HHH
You Are My World
 
BH/HHH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Leeds
Posts: 21,398
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by souperman View Post
If this is the official image, that cape looks pretty poor and pasted on. Obviously not a screen grab already composited with the cape so some "art" guy maniped it. Not a very convincing job on this one. I know it seems like a morph between photo and paint but...
It's obviously artwork it's not a picture

__________________
MAN OF STEEL 9/10
BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE (ULTIMATE EDITION) 8.5/10
SUICIDE SQUAD 7/10

#TEAM SNYDER
BH/HHH is online now  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:45 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2016 All Rights Reserved.