The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2013, 09:52 AM   #101
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Whats with his facial expression?
he looks confused

Old 05-11-2013, 10:40 AM   #102
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post
Said this in the Justice League forum but it also applies here so I'll restate my view on the whole matter.

WB needs to take their time with MOS and other DC properties individually and then go ahead and make the JL.

No it isn't "copying" Marvel but simple world building and common sense. Making something like this without a single shred of an existing background (or only using MOS as a base and possibly jeopardizing the former on untested and questionable waters) has to be one of the most ill conceived ideas that I've heard of in a while.

There are two groups I feel that support this project with its haphazard developed base. Those who are desperate to see the JL at all cost regardless of quality and WB who's trying to make Avengers type money.

WB should give Superman his own time to shine in his own franchise and dedicate their time in developing the rest of the DC gallery of heroes that have been left to rot all these years. Then and only then should they even consider tackling the Justice League. Putting all these characters on the line at a blatant attempt for a quick buck is not the road that should be followed.
I don't agree. Now I don't think that they should rush the development of JLA, script/story wise, HOWEVER, doing it the Marvel way and releasing individual films for each character and then releasing JLA just won't work IMO.

When it comes to DC, I feel they would be better off introducing (or rather reintroducing) the likes of Green Lantern, Flash, Wonder Woman, etc. alongside Superman and Batman who will have already been firmly established.

Introducing them in JLA, (ala, say, The New Frontier) they can show the characters off and THEN use the built in interest from JLA to spin the characters off into their own films.

Yeah, I'm just worried that if Pan of Steel isn't widely accepted by the audience and critics, they might try to shoehorn Pinocchio into the sequel, and we all know how long Hollywood has been trying to do a 'Pan vs Pinocchio' team up movie.
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer

Last edited by SpideyFan866; 05-11-2013 at 12:02 PM.
Old 05-11-2013, 10:48 AM   #103
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post
I don't agree. Now I do think that they should rush the development of JLA, script/story wise, HOWEVER, doing it the Marvel way and releasing individual films for each character and then releasing JLA just won't work IMO.

When it comes to DC, I feel they would be better off introducing (or rather reintroducing) the likes of Green Lantern, Flash, Wonder Woman, etc. alongside Superman and Batman who will have already been firmly established.

Introducing them in JLA, (ala, say, The New Frontier) they can show the characters off and THEN use the built in interest from JLA to spin the characters off into their own films.

Good points, and I do agree.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 05-11-2013, 10:52 AM   #104
titansupes
Side-Kick

Slightly off-topic: Does anybody have any super high quality caps of Superman floating all majestically from the National Guard promo released a couple of days ago?

Old 05-11-2013, 10:53 AM   #105
redhawk23
Wrestlin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
I know I'm going to get killed for this but I think that Whedon still has some T.V director sensibilities. This isn't a prop up Man of Steel post, I said the same thing in the Avengers thread.

I like Whedon though and I liked a lot about certain moments during the Avengers action sequence at the end. Snyder has his faults as well but he isn't even slightly a T.V director.

I thought on the whole Black handled the Iron Man 3 action scenes better than any other director in the Marvel verse has handled theirs. I thought that Thor easily had the worst. Hopefully the next film can fix that.
Eh, most of the fight scene at the end was just colored light zooming around.

Old 05-11-2013, 10:57 AM   #106
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

Quote:
Originally Posted by titansupes View Post
Slightly off-topic: Does anybody have any super high quality caps of Superman floating all majestically from the National Guard promo released a couple of days ago?
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible, and we count these moments. Those moments when we dared to aim higher -- to break barriers, to reach for the stars. To make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that, and perhaps we've just forgotten. That we're still pioneers, that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us -- because our destiny lies above us."

INTERSTELLAR

Old 05-11-2013, 11:00 AM   #107
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

Anyone else thinks that the huge mo-cap guy in the Smallville battle is – a version of – Nam-Ek? In the comics a huge mutant guy, imprisoned in Phantom Zone.

Pre mutation

Mutated:

Old 05-11-2013, 11:01 AM   #108
Dark Sentinel
Banned User

Has anyone heard anything through the grapevines when the cast will start making the talk show rounds?

Old 05-11-2013, 11:02 AM   #109
titansupes
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIrishAvenger View Post
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Yes! Thanks very much.

Old 05-11-2013, 11:04 AM   #110
titansupes
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Sentinel View Post
Has anyone heard anything through the grapevines when the cast will start making the talk show rounds?
Your avatar is absurdly mesmerising.

Old 05-11-2013, 11:04 AM   #111
Pickleweasel
Side-Kick

They should have JJ Abrams direct a Green Lantern movie. I think they should have 3 characters established before JL. Batman is established whether they reboot him before or after the JL movie, everyone knows Batman. Superman will be established because of MOS and even without MOS people know Superman. Then I really think they should either have a Flash, GL, or WW movie before JL, and I think that a Green Lantern movie has the most potential of being a big box office hit IMO. Abrams seems to have a good grasp on the whole space/alien concept and I think he is a very talented dude. A good Green Lantern could do numbers, of course, good superhero movies in general can do good numbers, so WW and Flash could be hits too.

Old 05-11-2013, 11:06 AM   #112
Dark Sentinel
Banned User

Quote:
Your avatar is absurdly mesmerising.
It's a reflection of my absurdly mesmerizing personality

Thanks. Definitely one of my favorite shots thus far. Can't wait to see it on screen.

Old 05-11-2013, 11:09 AM   #113
titansupes
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickleweasel View Post
They should have JJ Abrams direct a Green Lantern movie. I think they should have 3 characters established before JL. Batman is established whether they reboot him before or after the JL movie, everyone knows Batman. Superman will be established because of MOS and even without MOS people know Superman. Then I really think they should either have a Flash, GL, or WW movie before JL, and I think that a Green Lantern movie has the most potential of being a big box office hit IMO. Abrams seems to have a good grasp on the whole space/alien concept and I think he is a very talented dude. A good Green Lantern could do numbers, of course, good superhero movies in general can do good numbers, so WW and Flash could be hits too.
Abrams will have his hands full for a couple of years. And I'd doubt he'd want to do it. Especially when you consider it would be him resurrecting a space-based franchise after poorly received last efforts for the third time in a handful of years.

Get a good script (Goyer involved in some capacity) in the hands of the Oblivion/Tron guy and see what you get, I think.

Old 05-11-2013, 11:11 AM   #114
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Quote:
Those should probably start June 1st.

Old 05-11-2013, 11:12 AM   #115
titansupes
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMaooz View Post
Those should probably start June 1st.
They SHOULD start about then. Which means WB will leave it 'til what, the 12th?

Old 05-11-2013, 11:15 AM   #116
Dark Sentinel
Banned User

On the topic of a potential JL film, I think WB needs to follow what Robinov said years ago when IM first came out: focus on trying to make one good movie at a time.

That being said, if they do go for a Justice League megafranchise, I think they should use it as an opportunity to cast some very talented, currently unknown actors in the roles of GL, Flash, and WW, for two reasons:

1. It would keep costs down and allow them to focus on story and special effects (before you bash, think about it: if done right, SFX can contribute heavily to story, setting, AND the characters' individual abilities).

2. They would be great breakout roles for said unknown actors, allowing JL to branch off into individual films and franchises. Everybody knows Hal's origin, and most people have some knowledge of Barry's origin, so the important story beat for JL will be their coming together and building these relationships.

3. As for Batman, this would be an opportunity to create a very interesting character that' completely new from the TDKT Batman that Bale portrayed. I personally would like to see a Batman like JL: Doom, who, even though a mere human, is wickedly smart and maybe even a little paranoid of all these superhumans, so ome leg of a JL trilogy could basically be built on Batman's journey from distrust to acceptance.

Just some random thoughts of mine.

Old 05-11-2013, 11:15 AM   #117
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Quote:
They SHOULD start about then. Which means WB will leave it 'til what, the 12th?

Old 05-11-2013, 11:29 AM   #118
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
It's a reflection of my absurdly mesmerizing personality

Thanks. Definitely one of my favorite shots thus far. Can't wait to see it on screen.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 05-11-2013, 11:34 AM   #119
Dragon_316ca
Side-Kick

TV spot #3 on Youtube is just several views away from reaching a million views.

Matthew Modine: You can't really relate to Thor, for instance! I like the story, but I don't relate to him -- I can't use his hammer!
Old 05-11-2013, 11:40 AM   #120
Smallville13
Side-Kick

So after MOS or MOS2 they do a JL film with the other 5 or so heroes cast unknown actors and have it that they are already established and operating in this world. Have a big evil like Darkseid to rally them all together. And then following that break off into going back and doing their origin stories. That's what people want?

Ugh.

Old 05-11-2013, 11:41 AM   #121
Misha
Side-Kick

I realized yesterday I'm a MOS-aholic

Anyway, I think now is the time to stop seeing new stuff before I really spoil the movie one footage too many. Have fun guys! I'll be back once I've watched the movie, and here's hope we will all be in heaven by that point

Old 05-11-2013, 11:42 AM   #122
Travesty
TEOL

Quote:
On the topic of a potential JL film, I think WB needs to follow what Robinov said years ago when IM first came out: focus on trying to make one good movie at a time.

That being said, if they do go for a Justice League megafranchise, I think they should use it as an opportunity to cast some very talented, currently unknown actors in the roles of GL, Flash, and WW, for two reasons:

1. It would keep costs down and allow them to focus on story and special effects (before you bash, think about it: if done right, SFX can contribute heavily to story, setting, AND the characters' individual abilities).

2. They would be great breakout roles for said unknown actors, allowing JL to branch off into individual films and franchises. Everybody knows Hal's origin, and most people have some knowledge of Barry's origin, so the important story beat for JL will be their coming together and building these relationships.

3. As for Batman, this would be an opportunity to create a very interesting character that' completely new from the TDKT Batman that Bale portrayed. I personally would like to see a Batman like JL: Doom, who, even though a mere human, is wickedly smart and maybe even a little paranoid of all these superhumans, so ome leg of a JL trilogy could basically be built on Batman's journey from distrust to acceptance.

Just some random thoughts of mine.
My thoughts exactly!

Old 05-11-2013, 11:43 AM   #123
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

Bye for now, Misha.
Good Luck with that addiction!

Old 05-11-2013, 11:50 AM   #124
X Knight
Taking a Break

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgaz View Post
I love this image too. The people behind him are squinting and cowering looking scared, but Clark is standing there with the chest puffed out and a steely look of determination as if to say "bring it on!"
YES!!!

and........he is also wearing his KU shirt!!!

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 05-11-2013, 11:52 AM   #125
X Knight
Taking a Break

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misha View Post
I realized yesterday I'm a MOS-aholic

Anyway, I think now is the time to stop seeing new stuff before I really spoil the movie one footage too many. Have fun guys! I'll be back once I've watched the movie, and here's hope we will all be in heaven by that point
awwww.......bye Misha.

hope you really enjoy the movie and that we will have many great things to talk about when you get back.

in the meantime, we will all hold down the fort in your absence!!

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Closed Thread